Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Great Off-Topica > Creative Corner

Creative Corner Fanfiction? Check. Fan Art? Check. Anything else you can imagine creating? Check, check, check. Just keep those pesky forum rules in mind!

Old 06-07-2012, 09:48 PM   #1
Shinagami
Genin

Shinagami has completed a tough C-rank mission!Shinagami has completed a tough C-rank mission!Shinagami has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Awards Showcase

Default On the Run

Prologue:

Living a life on the run is never easy. It's a life filled with paranoia, nightmares, and constant neck pain from always looking over your shoulder. And what could possibly make it worse? Well, it depends on what you're running from. People have short attention spans. They get bored easily, and they move on to easier prey. They assume either you'll be too scared to ever show your face again, or that someone else will get you so they don't have to. But what if you're not being chased by "people"? What if you've lived your whole life nocturnally, learning how to fight, sleep lightly, survive for months in any climate, and stab a certain blood-thirsty creature right between it's ribs and into it's cold heart, with a nice twist for good measure? What if, instead of being chased by people, you were being chased by vampires? Well, it just so happens, that I am. And let me tell you, it is in no way easy.

This is a short story that I'll be working on when I can't sleep or I have free time. That is, if y'all are interested enough for me to keep going haha. So gimme yo feedback and we'll go from there

"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can. And that's what makes it so damn beautiful."
~Roy Mustang
Shinagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:33 AM   #2
Ryaque
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: I'ma partyin' wit dah Dothraki and "crowning" Viserys! xD
Ryaque is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Ryaque is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Ryaque is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Ryaque is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Ryaque is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via Yahoo to Ryaque Send a message via Skype™ to Ryaque
Wink Re: On the Run

OOOOO I love a good vampire story! I definitely would like to read more!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ryaque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:09 PM   #3
Shinagami
Genin

Shinagami has completed a tough C-rank mission!Shinagami has completed a tough C-rank mission!Shinagami has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Awards Showcase

Default Re: On the Run

Ok, I'll work on it more tonight

"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can. And that's what makes it so damn beautiful."
~Roy Mustang
Old 06-10-2012, 01:27 PM   #4
Shinagami
Genin

Awards Showcase

Chapter One:

"Hey Julie, get your head out of the clouds and pack your stuff!" the barking voice cut through my daydream and brought me crashing back to earth.
"Look, the sun is going down. If we don't get moving now, it's over. All these years running for nothing. Absolutely nothing. Now get your crap together and let's go" the setting sun behind my father turned him into a dark shillouette. "Yes, father..." I muttered and threw everything I owned into a bag. Yep, everything to my name fit into one small bag. I threw it over my shoulder and chased after the big man that was my dad.
I didn't think it was all that important that we got moving as soon as light started to fade. The suckers usually didn't make any appearances until the moon was high in the sky. But oh well, I knew he meant well. Ever since they got my mom... The thought burst into my head, uninvited and unwelcome. I quickly shoved it back before I had time to think about anything except walking. The woods at night were no place for emotions like sadness and fear.
We had been walking for about two hours before we began seeing signs of the suckers. I hadn't even sensed anything, but apparently my father did, because one moment his hands were empty and the next they were filled with the custom made Stake Gun. Before we had to skip town and run for our lives, my father had apparently been a weapons maker, and this was his favorite. A gun he had designed, one of a kind, that shot stakes. Makes fighting the vampires a lot easier when you don't have to get near their fangs and claws.
In response, I readied my own weapon. Mine was a sword, but it was made of the same wood stakes were made of, so it was still effective. It was shaped like a bokken, and the wood was a shiny, oily dark red. Sharp enough to cut a piece of paper floating in the air too. A beautiful sword. My mother's sword... Again, the thought came unbidden, and I shoved it back. "Julie, get ready!" my father whispered urgently. I raised my sword, and slid into my fighting stance. I relaxed, awakened my senses, and waited.
The woods were eerily quiet one second, and then the next, they were filled with malicious laughter. "Damn!" my father cursed under his breath. Because the empty clearing was now completely surrounded by bloodthirsty monsters. And standing right in front of me was their ringleader, Griffith Drumgold. And he was grinning so wide I just new his beautifully horrifying face would split in half. "Well well, if it isn't my old friends Brandon and Juliana Cooper. Wasn't there another one of you? Oh, wait a minute, that's right! We got her 3 years ago, didn't we? Oh she was a fighter, that one... But oh so delicious" he said, grinning the whole time. "I wonder how this one will taste? Young, healthy, Svetocha blood..." his voice was honey, but with sharp undertones of something poisonous.
"She is not a Svetocha!" my father's rough, human voice cut though the night and he whirled, gun raised. "And you will never have her!" he screamed, and the stake shot from the barrel and right at Griffith. Hope sparked in me when the sucker didn't move. Would today be the day that he would finally die? Would my mother be avenged today?
The next few seconds were a total blur. Something cracked, then something else with a flash of white light, and then a third crack. Griffith was gone. The first crack was the air collapsing in on itself from when he moved. The second was lightning, and now water poured down in sheets. I whirled around to see what the third one had been. All the vampires were gone. "Dad?!" I screamed. I couldn't see a thing. I moved forward blindly, stubbed my toe on a stump and fell. I rolled onto my back and sat up, and looking down, I retched. Because it wasn't a stump I had tripped on. It was my dad. And his neck was broken.

There are probably a lot of mistakes here because I was in a rush, but I wanted to get this chapter in. But I'll go back and proof-read it later and fix any I find

~Roy Mustang

Last edited by Shinagami; 06-10-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:03 AM   #5
Jonesy
likes to post-it post-it
Konoha Military Force

Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Not bad, not bad. I shall expect you to continue.
Jonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #6
Shinagami
Genin

Awards Showcase

Chapter 2:

I broke down at seeing him like that. So still, laying in the soaked earth. I sank to my knees and pulled his head into my lap. He was like a doll, so limp. Rigamortis hadn't set in yet. Tears and rain flowed in rivers down my cheeks. Stupid girl... You know he doesn't like it when you cry! I tried wiping my face with my sleeve, but every inch of me was soaked. So I just let it out. And I cried with the rain and I howled with the wind.

I didn't move until the sun began peeking over the horizon. I was so stiff I could barely stand, but I managed. Rigamortis had definately set in now, and my dad was stiff, cold and pale. All signs of life had left him. Looking at him, seeming so small and vunerable on the ground, a solitary tear slipped down my cheek. I wiped it away quickly, and began wondering what to do with the body. I had nothing to bury him with, but I couldn't just leave him there, so I decided to move him to the forest and see what I could do. I lifted him up, slung his arms over my shoulders, and began walking. Well, staggering. His legs dragged the ground and he was heavy. But eventually I made it, and I let him down slowly. I scanned the surrounding area for a place to leave him where he would be safe. My gaze landed on a huge tree with roots sticking out everywhere. I walked over to it, and by some miraculous coincidence, a large hole resided at the base of the tree. A few roots were in the way, but nothing my sword couldn't handle.

I cut them away, along with a few others, and brought my dad's body to the egde of the hole. After about 30 minutes of struggling to get him down without damaging him, and another hour of filling the hole, I covered it with the roots. I said a final goodbye, got all his things and mine together, and set off. I had to find somewhere to sleep. And I didn't feel comfortable doing that so close to where he was killed. I walked on and on, until I finally found a huge rock wall on the side of a hill. It looked like a decent place to stay, so I made camp, set a few traps, and settled down. It was a restless sleep, the kind of half-sleep where you're in a horrible dream that you can't escape from no matter how many times you "wake up". So when the sun began to set I was no more rested than when I laid down. But I had to go anyway.

I packed everything up and went on my way. The night was mostly uneventful, a few scares, but nothing major. As I walked I chewed on a piece of dried meat, and I wondered. What did Griffith and dad mean? What the hell is a "svetocha"? And why were they talking about me being one?? I decided that in the next town I found myself in that I'd do some hardcore research, and I would arm myself. And then I would find Griffith, and I would kill him. Like he had killed both my parents and left me alive. Alive, and completely and utterly alone.

This chapter is short and just kind of a little filler, but the story will really get going in the next few chapters, I promise

~Roy Mustang
Old 06-13-2012, 05:55 PM   #7
cherryflower
Special Jonin Candidate

cherryflower has completed a tough C-rank mission!cherryflower has completed a tough C-rank mission!

I'm loving this story, it's awesome.

The Roy Mustang quote in your siggy is pretty cool too lol
cherryflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:04 PM   #8
Shinagami
Genin

Awards Showcase

Haha thanks I'm gonna try to get as many chapters in as I can before I go on vacation, but they might be short. But thanks for the support

~Roy Mustang
Old 06-13-2012, 06:18 PM   #9
cherryflower
Special Jonin Candidate

cherryflower has completed a tough C-rank mission!cherryflower has completed a tough C-rank mission!

That sounds like a good plan (: As long as you don't stop writing after your vacation lol
Old 06-14-2012, 07:34 AM   #10
Ryaque
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: I'ma partyin' wit dah Dothraki and "crowning" Viserys! xD
Ryaque is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Ryaque is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Ryaque is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Ryaque is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Ryaque is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via Yahoo to Ryaque Send a message via Skype™ to Ryaque
Wink Re: On the Run

Awesome! Not only are there vampires but this is a BA revenge story! You are definitely speaking my language! More please!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ryaque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:22 PM   #11
Shinagami
Genin

Awards Showcase

Chapter 3:
After a few uneventful days, I managed to find my way into a little town. I didn't stay long, just long enough to get food, supplies and directions, and I was off again. It took 8 days for me to reach my next destination, a large city. This was where I had been headed with my father originally. I shook my head to clear away the thoughts of him, and continued on my way through the city.

We already had rooms booked at a small motel, so I didn't worry about that. What I needed was information and weapons. I had my father's gun and my sword, and a few knives, but I had no stakes for the gun, and I needed more than what I had. My father had mentioned a secret weapon shop that doubled as a monjayaki resteraunt. Couldn't be too hard to find, right?

Turned out, it was. It wasn't that there were a lot of monjayaki resteraunts. It was just like it didn't exist. When I finally found it, it was a tiny wooden building squished between two modern skyscrapers. It was a blink and you miss it kind of place. But after walking by it two or three times, I finally noticed it and went in. It was empty. "Um... Hello...?" I called. I walked to the end of the room to where the counter and register was and called again. "Hellooo?" I called into the back. Suddenly, two large doors flew open and I jumped back in shock. "What do you want?! We're closed!" roared a large, dark haired man in a soiled white tanktop. "I-I'm sorry! I, um, I'm just here to see um... R-Roark!" I stammered, taking a few steps back. I could smell the stench of BO and alchohol on the man even from where I stood, far back away from him. But once I got those words out, he immediately sobered up and his eyes narrowed. "How do you know Roark?" he asked. "My father, Brandon, was his friend" I replied, my heartbeat slowly starting to slow back to normal. "Come with me" the man growled, and shoved his way back through the doors he had entered from.

Down a dark hallway I followed him, into a dimly lit room, completely filled with weapons of all sorts. All of them extremely illegal and deadly, I could tell. The man dropped himself into a chair, ran a hand through his oily hair, and leveled his gaze on me. "What is it you want?" he asked, his voice more an animalistic growl than a human voice. "I need stakes, medium sized, a couple of silver knives..." I listed a few other things I needed, he nodded, and disappeared into a room I didn't even notice before. When he returned, he had a cloth sack in his hands. He laid it out on his table and unfolded it. Inside was a huge collection of six hawthorn stakes, 10 silver knives of varying shapes and sizes, 15 silver thowing stars, and a few boxes of bullets (the stake gun shot bullets as well as stakes).
"How much?" I asked, hoping that maybe since he knew my father I'd get some sort of discount. But taking into consideration how rundown the place looked, I didn't get my hopes too high. Roark crossed his arms and leaned back, the wooden chair creaking as he did so. He scanned his eyes over all the equipment once more, and said "For all this, $150. But..." he trailed off for a moment, and then "Let me see that sword on your hip". I hesitated, I never let anyone touch my sword. But if my dad had trusted this man, I guess I should too. Besides, if he wanted to harm me, he wouldn't need a sword to do so. He was at least three times my size.

I handed him the sword and he began examining it carefully. Then he set it down and disappeared into the back room again. I heard some things fall and the sound of boxes sliding around, and then he returned once more. He had a long, black, ornate box in his arms. He set it carefully on the table, and popped it open. Inside was a sword somewhat like mine, except it was the deepest color of black, and it shimmered every color of the sun if you looked at it in the right light. It looked even sharper than mine, and more powerful. I sucked in a breath. It was beautiful. "This sword... It's not normal. To be honest, I just want to be rid of it. The thing is dark and I don't like it. But I know it's worth something. And your sword is very nice, but it's normal. I'd much rather have a normal sword in my shop than that dark thing. So how 'bout it?" he asked, and raised his eyebrows. My mother's sword... For that? The dark sword was gorgeous, and it'd make things so much easier. I cleared my throat. "Will it... Will your sword kill vampires?" I asked hesitantly. I wasn't sure about this, at all. "Suckers, and more. You don't have to worry about what it will kill. I assure you, whatever you have in mind, this'll take care of it" he replied. I told myself I'd do anything to avenge them... I made up my mind. I slapped the money down on the table, and...

I walked out with my mother's sword. I sighed. I wanted that sword, but I couldn't do it. This sword and my father's gun were all I had left of my parents. I began walking up the sidewalk, and I heard thundering footsteps behind me. "Wait!" a deep gutteral growl came from behind me, and a hand was on my shoulder, dragging me back into the shop. I drew my sword and whirled around to face my assailent. But it was only Roark, and he had the sword in his hand. "Here, just take it. No charge. Just get it out of here" he muttered and thrust the weapon at me. I stared at it in shock, and gingerly took it in my hand. I thanked the big man profusely. "Hey, Julia..." I turned back around, about to ask how he knew my name, when he said: "Good luck out there. Kill some suckers with that thing for me" he said, and even managed a half-smile. "Thanks again, Roark" I smiled back at him, and left the store, a sword on my left and right hip.

I know it's just kind of another filler chapter, but it's 1:00 in the morning and I'm low on inspiration right now haha. I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow and I'll be back to writing in about a week. Hope y'all don't mind my crappy chapter... I'll brainstorm while I'm gone and come back with something good haha

~Roy Mustang
Old 06-16-2012, 03:10 PM   #12
cherryflower
Special Jonin Candidate

Awesome, new chapter! Have fun on the vacation (:
Old 06-23-2012, 09:44 PM   #13
Shinagami
Genin

Awards Showcase

Chapter Four:
I checked into the motel that night, had a not so restful nights sleep (but hey, it was better than sleeping against a rock), and woke up the next morning to make more preperations. I had my weapons, but I also needed more food (easy to carry, but non-perishable), basic survival equipment (first aid kit, matches, flashlight, etc.), and people. Not many, just people that I could contact if I was in a dire situation. My dad had lots, but I needed some of my own. People who would help me because they wanted to, not because they felt they owed my dad. My own people would be more loyal and of more use anyway.

The basic stuff like food and equipment was easy. Finding people was trickier. I had to make sure that

1) They were trustworthy and they were who they said they were.
2) They already knew everything, so I wouldn't be telling some random person all the secrets of the world that lived right under their noses.
And most importantly: 3) They aren't working for Griffith.

So far, absolutely no luck. I hadn't expected much anyway. It was tough to find even one person in most cities, and in this one there already was one, and he was my dad's. I decided to give up hope and go back to the motel for one more night of planning and half sleep. As I was heading back, I couldn't shake the feeling that I was being watched. It was an eerie feeling, but I decided it was nothing, probably just some normal weirdo who couldn't keep their eyes to themselves. This was a city, after all.

I was almost there, and the motel was almost in sight. Just one more turn. As I turned right, it was like time slowed down. There was a blur right in front of me and then wham! I smacked into something hard and fleshy, and I fell to the concrete. "What the *insert expletive here*?!" I muttered. "Hey, sorr- Hey! You're who I was looking for!" the fleshy wall exclaimed. It, judging by it's voice it was obviously a male fleshy wall, jumped up and extended a hand. I suspiciously took it and let him help me to my feet. And then, surprisingly, he bowed. "Hello, my name is Ivan Bolton, and I hear you're looking for contacts. I believe I may be of some assistance".

If he knew that I was looking for contacts, when I had done my best to keep it from being public, he must be good for something. Either he was just what I was looking for, or he worked for Griffith. I hoped for the former, but I kept a hand near my sword at all times (I decided to alternate between the two, and today I carried the black one), just in case. He led me to what looked like a warehouse, carefully opened the door, and slipped inside. I rested my hand on my sword hilt, expecting him to lead me into the dark and attack, and followed him in. But those precautions proved unnecessary, because all he did was sit at a wooden desk near the back of the large room. "Have a seat" he gestured to two red velvet chairs in front of the desk. I did so.

"So, who are you?" he asked once I had taken my seat. "I should ask you the same thing" I snapped. "I told you who I am, now it's your turn" he replied, cool as a cucumber. You told me your name, but nothing of who you are. I almost said my thought out loud, but I held my tongue and gave him the answer he wanted. "My name is Juliana Cooper" I told him. I almost didn't give him my last name, but I figured if he worked for Griffith he'd know what I looked like and that my name was Juliana anyway. He nodded, and asked "What are you looking for contacts for?".
"How do you know I'm looking for contacts?"
"Was it a secret? Word travels fast, even in cities"
"I just need people who can help me if I need it"
"What kind of help?"
"Depends on what you know"
"Well I know that your father was killed three days ago by Griffith Drumgold, who also killed your mother a few years ago, and that you are rumoured to be the last living svetocha"

That gave me a pause. "How do you know so much?" I asked warily. He knew a lot. Too much. I had to make sure he was on my side. "I do my research. But let's cut to the chase. I can help you, because our cause is the same. My parents were also killed by this man, and I use that term loosely. I want revenge as much as you do" he responded coolly. We both folded our arms and leaned back at the same time. "Name your price" I said. "Just one thing. Let me come with you" he replied. I looked him over. He was thin, but I could see the muscles banding his arms. He was pale, but so was I. His dark brownish-black hair wouldn't make him too easily seen, though it may hinder his own ablity to see as it flopped almost in his eyes. He looked like he wouldn't be too much of a hinderance, but his eyes were unsettling. They were the bluest I'd ever seen, but they also leaned towards violet, and in a certain light, they looked like they glowed purple. They weren't human eyes in the least. "What are you?" I whispered.

"Why, I thought a svetocha who has grown up in this world her whole life would know that answer. I am your male counterpart. I am a dhampir" he said, and smirked.

Well I'm back from New York, obviously . I'll probably write another chapter later tonight to make up for my absence and since I didn't really get everything said that I wanted to, but I can't write anymore right at the moment... Also, I planned to tell what a svetocha and dhampir are later on in the story, but in order to avoid confusion, I'm going to go ahead and tell all of you who don't know.

A dhampir is a creature who has a vampire father and human mother, or vice versa. They're adept at killing vampires, as they have all their powers but not the usual weaknesses.
A svetocha is the female version of a dhampir. They're basically the same as dhampirs, but they're much more rare and much more powerful. Although, dhampirs are born with their abilities, while svetocha don't develope them until later in life.

So yeah, there you go! Thanks for being patient, I promise the story will get better because personally I think it's kind of slow and sucky at this point. But it won't be a super-long novel saga thing, so it will get going soon. Thanks for reading! Peace

~Roy Mustang
Old 06-27-2012, 11:30 PM   #14
Shinagami
Genin

Awards Showcase

To anybody who ever read this story,

This story is probably going to go no further, for a couple of reasons. One, because I personally think it sucks and I'm having trouble getting into it myself. Two, I'm trying to focus more on my athletic career in cross country, and sitting on my butt writing all day seems kind of counter-productive haha :P. Three, I'm working on getting my liscense and so I need to focus on that more. Four, I have homework. Yes, summer homework. And TONS of it. And five, and this is the main one, because a lot of stuff is going on at home and in my life, so I'm not going to have much time to write. But thank you to everyone who read this and for supporting these short four chapters I may write on it a little bit when I have nothing else to do, but then again I might not. Sorry to anyone who might've acctually enjoyed reading this. I hope I didn't leave too much of a cliffhanger. Use your brilliant imaginations and come up with your own ending . But seriously thanks for reading. Sorry about ending it so abruptly, I just can't try to work on my athletics, work on getting my liscense, do all the work that I need to do, and get everything straightened out at home and in my life all at the same time AND write this. I know this seems like a miniscule thing to work on, but if I'm gonna have less time at the computer, then I can't write a story on the computer haha. Thanks everyone! I'll still be on the forums, probably doing poetry and art mainly though. Just not as much

Sincerely,
M. (mysterious right?)

~Roy Mustang
Old 08-25-2012, 03:21 PM   #15
Akira Uchiha
Freshmen Academy Student

Akira Uchiha is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

wow this story is really good...but please continue!!!
Akira Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:31 PM   #16
ItachiUchiha62
Apprentice Genin

Location: The sun, but only at night so I don't get burned :)
ItachiUchiha62 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

I might, I feel like being lazy this weekend so maybe I shall write a little haha
Will you swear on your life,
That no one will cry at my funeral?
~Sixx A.M.
ItachiUchiha62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:41 PM   #17
Shinagami
Genin

Awards Showcase

^Sorry, that was me, didn't notice my brother's account was still logged in.

~Roy Mustang