Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion

Naruto Manga Discussion All the latest discussions about the Naruto manga (beware, spoilers abound).

Old 08-25-2012, 07:17 AM   #1
SharinganSage
Chunin Exam Participant

SharinganSage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SharinganSage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SharinganSage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SharinganSage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Why Obito Could Have Gotten MS So Early

The is just a theory I'm throwing out, but listen to this:

The Sharingan is an instinctive attribute. Its awakening cannot be controlled anymore than a person growing hair. His two-tomoe Sharingan awakened itself because Obito was in a situation where death was a possibility. A one-tomoe Sharingan probably would not have been able to keep him from dying because he needed to see chakra (so far, we haven't seen anything from the one-tomoe). That Sharingan awakened because of Obito's instinctive need for one (and because he's uchiha).

When Obito was piled under the rocks, his two-tomoe Sharingan would not have been able to save him, and neither would have a three-tomoe. So, after Kakashi and Rin leave to go kill the other guy, Obito is presented with a situation where death is a possibility, and where his current abilities won't save him. Once again, his instinctive need for a higher power kicks in, and his MS is awakened. Then, he simply phases out of the rocks.

Think of it as an action of the universe kind of thing. I know it sounds cheesy, but also try and remember this: we have never seen an Uchiha knowingly die with only a basic Sharingan (because of this instinct).
SharinganSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:33 AM   #2
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade

Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Why Obito Could Have Gotten MS So Early

Your not the only one who thinks this That's honestly the only legit explanation for Obito surviving the rocks. Don't wanna hear any of that " someone decided to look inside a fallen cave for no friggin reason and saved him"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Uchiha Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:16 AM   #3
kalmeast
April's Member of the Month

kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Lol...i thought of exactly this same thing but never put a theory for it... It's so exact it's unreal...This will well thought of btw. I like it...

STILL... To fight Minato? Hmm!

Naruto chp 666 features the Sage Of The 6 Paths.
kalmeast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:49 AM   #4
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK
Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK

Awards Showcase

We saw him under rocks, and he had a two tomoe sharingan activated.
Is it possible to awaken MS in one eye only? I think it appears in both at the same time.
Maruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:53 AM   #5
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade

Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

I think you can get them one at a time.
I remember hearing Sasu/Itachi saying "those who control the double mangekyo" implying you can get one at a time

He most likely got it as the cave was collapsing. Assuming Obito really is Tobi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Uchiha Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:05 AM   #6
Bratcipheo
Super Banned

Bratcipheo saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!Bratcipheo saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Zetsu could also have watched their battle like he usually watches battles, and saved him in the last moment where nobody would notice it.
For the purpose of getting the sharingan? Some other message from madara?Who knows, but i think developing MS right there seems a bit unlikely.
Tobi has a bond with Zetsu (the goo on his arms when he gets damaged in fights) he might aswell have established that bond that day.
Bratcipheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:13 AM   #7
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

I thought about this for a while. I just could not convince myself that its true! HOWEVER!! and I put this out there because I refuse to discount a decent theory, If you think about Naruto for a bit, in the beginning he was really an unimpressive punk with no natural abilities what-so-ever, but he had that power inside him and his incredible body strength that no one knew about.

Obito is kind of the same in the sense that he was seen as a loser, with no potential ability, a "black sheep." That said, you potentially could be right in terms of his awakening the MS. However, we've never seen an MS awaken without a killing! Sasuke got his from killing Itachi, Itachi probably got his from Shisui dying and likely the potential to awaken the MS for Kakashi came from Obito (or Rin) dying (even though it didnt activate that early.

I am not saying that the individual had to KILL their closest friend, but the loss or the death of that individual has something to do with the MS awakening. I don't know if Obito was able to or not, but its certainly a good question.
SilentBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:21 AM   #8
SharinganSage
Chunin Exam Participant

SharinganSage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SharinganSage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SharinganSage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SharinganSage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBlade View Post
I thought about this for a while. I just could not convince myself that its true! HOWEVER!! and I put this out there because I refuse to discount a decent theory, If you think about Naruto for a bit, in the beginning he was really an unimpressive punk with no natural abilities what-so-ever, but he had that power inside him and his incredible body strength that no one knew about.

Obito is kind of the same in the sense that he was seen as a loser, with no potential ability, a "black sheep." That said, you potentially could be right in terms of his awakening the MS. However, we've never seen an MS awaken without a killing! Sasuke got his from killing Itachi, Itachi probably got his from Shisui dying and likely the potential to awaken the MS for Kakashi came from Obito (or Rin) dying (even though it didnt activate that early.

I am not saying that the individual had to KILL their closest friend, but the loss or the death of that individual has something to do with the MS awakening. I don't know if Obito was able to or not, but its certainly a good question.
If Obito IS Tobi, then the killing HAS to have something to do with Rin.
SharinganSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:31 PM   #9
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Sora View Post
I think you can get them one at a time.
I remember hearing Sasu/Itachi saying "those who control the double mangekyo" implying you can get one at a time

He most likely got it as the cave was collapsing. Assuming Obito really is Tobi
Yeah, I forgot.
But, I won't be surprised if Tobi uses Susano'o with just one.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:12 PM   #10
and17y1
Chunin Exam Participant

and17y1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.and17y1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.and17y1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.and17y1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.and17y1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharinganSage View Post
The is just a theory I'm throwing out, but listen to this:

The Sharingan is an instinctive attribute. Its awakening cannot be controlled anymore than a person growing hair. His two-tomoe Sharingan awakened itself because Obito was in a situation where death was a possibility. A one-tomoe Sharingan probably would not have been able to keep him from dying because he needed to see chakra (so far, we haven't seen anything from the one-tomoe). That Sharingan awakened because of Obito's instinctive need for one (and because he's uchiha).

When Obito was piled under the rocks, his two-tomoe Sharingan would not have been able to save him, and neither would have a three-tomoe. So, after Kakashi and Rin leave to go kill the other guy, Obito is presented with a situation where death is a possibility, and where his current abilities won't save him. Once again, his instinctive need for a higher power kicks in, and his MS is awakened. Then, he simply phases out of the rocks.

Think of it as an action of the universe kind of thing. I know it sounds cheesy, but also try and remember this: we have never seen an Uchiha knowingly die with only a basic Sharingan (because of this instinct).
It's like an Uchiha's instinct, right ? Yeah I agree its possible but here comes another question:

Why didnt he do this right after the rock smashed him or.. as you say his specific sharingan abilities unlock in the suitable specific moment. When Obito saw the upcoming rock falling over him why didnt his Mangekyou Sharingan reacted (activated), as an Uchiha's instinct, and saved him ?

and17y1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:18 PM   #11
and17y1
Chunin Exam Participant

and17y1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.and17y1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.and17y1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.and17y1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.and17y1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruko View Post
Yeah, I forgot.
But, I won't be surprised if Tobi uses Susano'o with just one.
We could say thats pretty impossible. Susano'o is ability which is granted after the user learns Tsukuyomi in one of his eyes and Amaterasu in the other.

So its pretty impossible for Tobi to have Susano'o cuz he has only one MS eye.

However we still dont know what if Kakashi learns Amaterasu and Tobi learns Tsukuyomi (or the reverse) will they be able to use Susano'o ?

and17y1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:57 PM   #12
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by and17y1 View Post
We could say thats pretty impossible. Susano'o is ability which is granted after the user learns Tsukuyomi in one of his eyes and Amaterasu in the other.

So its pretty impossible for Tobi to have Susano'o cuz he has only one MS eye.

However we still dont know what if Kakashi learns Amaterasu and Tobi learns Tsukuyomi (or the reverse) will they be able to use Susano'o ?
Itachi said that Susano'o is the power of those who awaken Mangekyou in both eyes, and that it's the 3rd power that awakened besides Amaterasu and Susano'o.
Maybe If Kakashi had two Obit's eyes with MS, he'd have a new haxx jutsu like Susano'o!
Old 08-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #13
paradigm1977
Chunin Exam Proctor

paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

I like this idea for Obito's escape, if he's Tobi. And the way he said kakashi's power is borrowed, without suggesting his own eye is borrowed... suggests Tobi is Obito. Or at least a Uchiha.

The boulder may has crushed Obito, but you could say theat after a dieing person sends their friends away.. or have to go in this case, Obito might have changed his mind and not been accepting of death.

This stress and feeling your self start to die, could be recognized by the body and released a life and death reaction. In real life, it might be adrenalin, to lift the back of a car off somebody run over. This has happened a number of times.

wiki: hysterical strength.

paradigm1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:54 PM   #14
ObitoUchiha
Special Jonin Candidate

ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Obito was saved by Kagami, his father!

Note how sasuke and itachi are the only ones with amaterasu and tsukoyomi.

Obitos bloodline, possibly izuna's, was the time/space one. He feared his power and gave his eye to madara.

That is why Madara has susano, but izuna didnt seem to have it

(^ ^)/)))
/_!_\ Hidan to Kakuzu: Draw me like one of your RICH girls...

Quote:
Wrinkles makes Obito tingle (#^.^#)
Official Co-leader of the Official
FC!

I'm a Christian and don't care what everyone else thinks about me. If you feel the same, copy and paste this into your signature
ObitoUchiha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:31 PM   #15
Bratcipheo
Super Banned

Bratcipheo saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!Bratcipheo saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

You know whats interesting? When obito was under the boulder while Kakashi fought the guy, the guy returned, looking down at Rin. She got scared, but Obito told her not to be scared, but to look, and sure enough kakashi came and the bad guy was actually dead.

How did Obito know that when his right eye was taken away? This shows that his eye under the boulder wasn't damaged and he could still see chakra throught objects with it.
It shows that Kishimoto already back then thought about using obito's eye/whole body for later.
Bratcipheo is offline   Reply With Quote