Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > The Bowl

The Bowl For anything miscellaneously about Naruto that you can't seem to fit elsewhere.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:24 PM   #1
Arturious
Ninja Academy Student

Arturious is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default What Do You Like More Part 1 or Part 2 of Naruto

I actually like the second part of Naruto more than part one. Because there is much more character development in my opinion and the number of deaths is much greater than it was in the original Naruto. I feel there is much more drama and action than part one. I personally love where this manga/anime heading. What do you guys think and feel?
Arturious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: What Do You Like More Part 1 or Part 2 of Naruto

Character development? Where?
Wooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:27 PM   #3
Tenz
Genin

Tenz saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

I like both equally. I just hate the time skip because Naruto barely improved -_-
Old 09-03-2012, 08:34 PM   #4
BoxHead
P-P-P-PENTAKILL
Kuzan

BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Part 1= Team Konoha and their struggles against a renegade who wishes to gain all jutsu.

Part 2= A Super Saiyan chasing after Sassukay's love.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Click for our savior:
Spoiler:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BoxHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:34 PM   #5
Ag_Surfr
QuickSilver

Ag_Surfr is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Ag_Surfr is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ag_Surfr is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ag_Surfr is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ag_Surfr is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ag_Surfr is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ag_Surfr is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ag_Surfr is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ag_Surfr is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ag_Surfr is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ag_Surfr is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ag_Surfr is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ag_Surfr is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ag_Surfr is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenz View Post
I like both equally. I just hate the time skip because Naruto barely improved -_-
at the beginning of part 2? right now he is on a different level.

it is sort of weird how he didn't seem to know anything new before he started training with kakashi and yamato.
Ag_Surfr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #6
Arturious
Ninja Academy Student

Arturious is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Character development in how naruto, kakashi, sasuke, have continued to change over the course of part 2. Especially the change in gaara and good ol sai.

I think what Jiraiya taught naruto was how to be a better dealing with genjutsu, smarter with his ninjutsu and tai jutsu just in general a smarter/wiser shinobi.

We still don't know about what "that jutsu is" it could be something crazy that might take a toll on naruto's body but maybe with sage mode or with the 9 tails helping naruto can finally use it?
Arturious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:42 PM   #7
Tenz
Genin

Tenz saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

"that jutsu" is the bijuu mode
Old 09-03-2012, 08:48 PM   #8
lolohwd
Special Jonin Candidate

lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Part one. the story was more emotionally charged since there were these rogue ninja who could kill in a second. character development was on a whole different leve.

part two......like boxhead said...is just a punch of planet busters fighting over crappy ideas of the perfect world
lolohwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:55 PM   #9
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
Aiding Kakashi, Yamato, & Iruka

Location: Konohagakure, with the people dearest to me. Aiding Kakashi on the battlefield and saving Yamato!
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Shippuden seems more interesting.

At least I still get to see Kakashi and Iruka~ and a new person........Yamato!!!!!!!!

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
03-02, 13:09 The Immortal Watch Dog
You got Daph Rice, everyone got her
She's one of my psycho's
she's Cults banner girl
[1/7/2014 9:25:36 AM] Tuus Deus(CoP): I know Daph spends all her time staring at Kakashi pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality
Kakashi pretending to get stabbed by Obito because he's such a nice guy and doesn't want Obito to feel about about sucking so much
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality
I would just like you to know that I am awesome.
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
I disagree. The best way to get rep from Daph is to be me.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:17 AM   #10
AgentShayd
Leader of the Demon Wolves
A title awarded to one who has become the Member of the Month of March and a great peapod neighbor

AgentShayd completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.
AgentShayd completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
Ok Wooster we all know you are not into the story that much anymore.. but seriously they have done a lot of character development. An anime must evolve to keep the audience especially one as long lasting as Naruto and others like Bleach...

As for my answer to the question I personally like part 1 and part 2 about the same. Why? Because in part 1 there is some awesome humor. xD Of course there were episodes that kept you waiting to see how this story would end.. then it didn't...it went on to the second part and we got to see our favorite characters a little older.. Oh Gaara.. how much we love you! xD Anyways that is my 2 cents. ^^

Veterinary Technician Friesian Horse Lover

Proud German Shepherd and Pitbull mom!

The Hellion Chronicles: Blood Curse of the Gemini Chapters One and Two release date:
Easter Sunday April 20th2014
"Sometimes bonds by blood are fatal."
AgentShayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:32 PM   #11
Sharingan19
Veteran Chunin

Sharingan19 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sharingan19 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sharingan19 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sharingan19 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sharingan19 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Hatake_Daphne Lu View Post
Shippuden seems more interesting.

At least I still get to see Kakashi and Iruka~ and a new person........Yamato!!!!!!!!
Yeah agreed. The story has progressed more, i prefer the music in Part 1 slightly more than Part 2. But there is some music in Part 2 i love.
The level of fights, jutsu and villians is obviously much higher which makes it way more interesting than Part 1.

Plus Yamato is a cool new addition as is other characters and Kakashi is badass as always.

So i prefer Part 2.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:46 AM   #12
Devroux

Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Part 2 has more action and, in my opinion, story development, even if it's not all good. Part 2 is my choice.
χ Δ|✝ΣR

Devroux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:29 AM   #13
GrimRogueReaper669
Freshmen Academy Student

GrimRogueReaper669 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Part 1 had well drawn fight scenes and an important backstory on the character 'Naruto'.
Now that i watch this in context and with a better understanding, i appreciate and respect the character of "Naruto".
In shows or stories similiar to this we always assume the 'Hero' is just good because he is, i love the conflict within Naruto because imagine if he was Evil.
Makes one realize how little they appreciate how good naruto is sometimes.

Part 2 has epic fights but some sometimes it takes a little while to get there, but the story in part 2 is starting to interest me and is teaching me the relevance of part 1 and the whole series in general.
Part 2 has opened my eyes to the complicated dynamics of these characters and has made me appreciate Part 1 even more.
So i'll say i think they are both good in their own way.
But personally i don't 'like' naruto enough to watch him as a youngling running amuck and eating ramen because to me thats just a tad bit boring but i get that it's apart of his character and a point of the story so i respect that, but thats probably why i lean towards part 2 more because naruto is less irrating(to me) and is starting to get alot stronger, now im starting to see why he could become one badass Hokage.

Last edited by GrimRogueReaper669; 09-08-2012 at 06:47 AM.
GrimRogueReaper669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:35 AM   #14
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

Part 1. I prefer some of the characters and fighting styles in part 2. I also kind if enjoy the whole Taka vs. Jinchuuriki vs. Akatsuki vs. 5 Villages idea.

All in all though, the first part didn't have so many plot holes. The Five Kage Summit is my favorite arc.

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:02 AM   #15
Jaydens
Freshmen Academy Student

Jaydens is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I like part 2 more than part 1. The plot follows the return of the ninja Naruto Uzumaki to Konohagakure, after two and a half years of training after leaving his teammates Sakura Haruno and Kakashi Hatake.
Jaydens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:14 AM   #16
gama-sennin
Special Jonin Candidate

gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxHead View Post
Part 1= Team Konoha and their struggles against a renegade who wishes to gain all jutsu.

Part 2= A Super Saiyan chasing after Sassukay's love.
These two posts pretty much sum up this thread...

Part one was about hardwork and guts. The story was good and on top of everything Oro used to be scary and repulsive back then...In short part one had everything a good story needs...

Part two simply sucks...

Quote of the day...

Quote:
If life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion
gama-sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:00 AM   #17
Neko-Chan
Academy Graduate

Location: In Neko World with AnimeChic,WishfulFairie and Yuna Lockhart
Neko-Chan has completed a tough C-rank mission!Neko-Chan has completed a tough C-rank mission!Neko-Chan has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Both are good in there own way, but I personally like part 2. I feel there is a bit more action and the characters grow into their abilities.
Neko-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:57 AM   #18
Kyūbi no Yōko
Special Jonin Candidate

Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyūbi no Yōko

Part 2.

Welcome to reality.

~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~

universe.
Kyūbi no Yōko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:26 AM   #19
Leewannabe
Chunin

Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Part 1 had better arcs, like Land of Waves, Chunin Exams, Sasuke Retrieval, but part 2 has many more epics fights, though I think that Shippuden has more "silent" parts, where the story stands still. (No, not fillers)

Owner of the Official Might Guy Fanclub!!
Leewannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:35 AM   #20
Saiyan
Chunin Exam Proctor

Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

I like the characters and battles in Part 2 but I prefer the arcs of Part 1
Saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote