Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > The Bowl

The Bowl For anything miscellaneously about Naruto that you can't seem to fit elsewhere.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:37 AM   #1
Leewannabe
Chunin

Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Kakashi way too weak for a Jounin!

In Kakashis Gaiden, Kakashi was already a Jounin, and I have to admit his abillities werent that great. As I remember, he could NO REAL JUTSU except from a half developed chidori. He was fairly good at taijutsu, but not extraordinary.

If you compare those abillities to those who made it to the Final rounds in the chunun exams, imo, you will find out kakashis abillities in kakashis gaiden are
inferior to all of them.

Would he be able to beat any of these: Neji, Naruto, Gaara, Sasuke, Shikamaru, Temari , Shino , Kankuro and also Lee??

And only ONE of the characters above became chunin! Genin outpowers Jounin!!! Is that fair??

Owner of the Official Might Guy Fanclub!!
Leewannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:41 AM   #2
Mangetsu Hozuki
Special Jonin Candidate

Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Default Re: Kakashi way too weak for a Jounin!

Well, obviously there was more to kakashi than gaiden showed! Ever think about that??

Officially Addicted

Arrow (TV Show)

Cats

Archery

Lord Of The Rings

Wheel of Time

A Song Of Fire and Ice

Inspirational Quotes
Mangetsu Hozuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:42 AM   #3
TheIndigoFang
Special Jonin Candidate

TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Well, Kakashi was a very good team leader, and he's also good using tactics.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Credit: Black King

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Credit: Throw Rasen-Shuriken

Credit: Maruko

Spoiler:
Quote:

@ Indigo:

#shotsfired
Quote:
You know everything Indigo-san.. V_V
TheIndigoFang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:43 AM   #4
Mangetsu Hozuki
Special Jonin Candidate

Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

And who said he couldn't do any real Jutsu? Chidori was the one he made up.

Officially Addicted

Arrow (TV Show)

Cats

Archery

Lord Of The Rings

Wheel of Time

A Song Of Fire and Ice

Inspirational Quotes
Old 07-31-2012, 11:46 AM   #5
Mangetsu Hozuki
Special Jonin Candidate

Also, the Chunin Exams aren't all about fighting skills. Remeber, Shikamaru lost, and still became a Chunin. Kakashi could pass without exceptional fighting skills. And, as TheIndigoFang said, he showed great leadership skills, a huge essential to becoming a Chunin or a Jonin.

Officially Addicted

Arrow (TV Show)

Cats

Archery

Lord Of The Rings

Wheel of Time

A Song Of Fire and Ice

Inspirational Quotes
Old 07-31-2012, 11:46 AM   #6
Leewannabe
Chunin

Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I said. And still, if he developed it himself, it dont make him any more powerful!

Old 07-31-2012, 11:52 AM   #7
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
Aiding Kakashi, Yamato, & Iruka

Location: Konohagakure, with the people dearest to me. Aiding Kakashi on the battlefield and saving Yamato!
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

His skills are pretty balanced out. He isn't weak for a Jonin. It's just the younger gnerations are surpassing the old ones. That's why it makes the older generation of Jonins look a bit less appealing. Kakashi AIN'T weak.
He was considered a genius at a very young age and his battling skills are superb.

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
03-02, 13:09 The Immortal Watch Dog
You got Daph Rice, everyone got her
She's one of my psycho's
she's Cults banner girl
[1/7/2014 9:25:36 AM] Tuus Deus(CoP): I know Daph spends all her time staring at Kakashi pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality
Kakashi pretending to get stabbed by Obito because he's such a nice guy and doesn't want Obito to feel about about sucking so much
Quote:
I would just like you to know that I am awesome.
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
I disagree. The best way to get rep from Daph is to be me.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:04 PM   #8
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Yeah, it was a big plot hole. Those ninja that Kakashi and Obito had trouble defeating would have been wiped out by Neji. Then again a bunch of genin beat the Sound Four that beat up two jounin

Last edited by Wooster; 07-31-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Wooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:13 PM   #9
Black King
Special Jonin Candidate

Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

^ I agree with Daphne.

Minato himself acknowledged that Kakashi was on Jonin level at a very young age, but he didn't cooperate with his team the way he should. And he didn't know as many Jutsu then as he knows now because he wasn't the Copy Ninja yet. Thanks to Obito, both of those things changed. Kakashi learned teamwork and he was given the Sharingan, which only improved him and helped him complete the Chidori. If he's already Jonin, and improves even more to eventually become know nationwide as the "Copycat" or whatever, I'd say that's not weak.

Yeah, he falls flat on his ass every now and then (because of his eye mostly), but he's far above Konoha 11 in terms of tactic and experience. When he was at their age, he was fighting in a war alongside Yondaime. Before the Konoha 11 were in the chunin exams, everyone was catching cats. xD

Like ^she said, it's the new generation or whatever.

Black King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:20 PM   #10
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Given that Kakashi's only original jutsu is lightning blade, and he didn't yet have the sharingan and, thus, didn't know any of the jutsu that would make him be know as the copy ninja, what justu did he know then?

New generation fails miserably as the Ninja War arc shows. Old generation better than sucessors. Maybe that was just a weak one, and the kiddies are returning to form

Old 07-31-2012, 12:26 PM   #11
Black King
Special Jonin Candidate

Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
Given that Kakashi's only original jutsu is lightning blade, and he didn't yet have the sharingan and, thus, didn't know any of the jutsu that would make him be know as the copy ninja, what justu did he know then?

New generation fails miserably as the Ninja War arc shows. Old generation better than sucessors. Maybe that was just a weak one, and the kiddies are returning to form
Confusion. 8D

Old 07-31-2012, 12:28 PM   #12
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato

Location: Konohagakure, with the people dearest to me. Aiding Kakashi on the battlefield and saving Yamato!
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I believe he got the name Copy Ninja after he got the Sharingan. Haven't seen enough of his jutsus when he was younger.

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
She's one of my psycho's
she's Cults banner girl
[1/7/2014 9:25:36 AM] Tuus Deus(CoP): I know Daph spends all her time staring at Kakashi pictures

Quote:
Kakashi pretending to get stabbed by Obito because he's such a nice guy and doesn't want Obito to feel about about sucking so much
Quote:
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
Old 07-31-2012, 12:33 PM   #13
Larry01239
Special Jonin Candidate

Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I'm guessing because they were in a state of war the village might have promoted people early to fill positions on the battlefield.
Larry01239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:51 PM   #14
Black King
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Hatake_Daphne Lu View Post
I believe he got the name Copy Ninja after he got the Sharingan. Haven't seen enough of his jutsus when he was younger.
That's what I said! xD

I think. Maybe my grammar is weird...

"because he wasn't the Copy Ninja yet."

???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry01239 View Post
I'm guessing because they were in a state of war the village might have promoted people early to fill positions on the battlefield.
That'd be a pretty stupid move on the village's part. But I can see that being the situation.

Old 07-31-2012, 02:05 PM   #15
Leewannabe
Chunin

In dark Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangetsu Hozuki View Post
Well, obviously there was more to kakashi than gaiden showed! Ever think about that??
Why would he only use his half developed high risk jutsu if he had other jutsus he knew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIndigoFang View Post
Well, Kakashi was a very good team leader, and he's also good using tactics.
sorry, but imo, he was not. He had no sense for teamwork, their team spirit was really bad , the team got split up in three., , and kakashi didnt know what to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangetsu Hozuki View Post
Also, the Chunin Exams aren't all about fighting skills. Remeber, Shikamaru lost, and still became a Chunin. Kakashi could pass without exceptional fighting skills. And, as TheIndigoFang said, he showed great leadership skills, a huge essential to becoming a Chunin or a Jonin.

The only thing they got to show in final part of the chunin exams was fighting skills, it was a battle tournament!! Or do you mean that in order to become a chunin, you have to forfeit??? Because Shikamaru DID show battle skills superior to Temari, do you think he would have been named a chunin if he just gave up in the middle of the fight, while Temari was on offensive??

Quote:
His skills are pretty balanced out. He isn't weak for a Jonin. It's just the younger gnerations are surpassing the old ones. That's why it makes the older generation of Jonins look a bit less appealing. Kakashi AIN'T weak.
He was considered a genius at a very young age and his battling skills are superb.
Sorry, Daph, but I have to argue about this one. Which skills are balanced out?? Only his close combat and basic ninja arts skill! And even though he was considered a genius, that doesnt make him better for real!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
Yeah, it was a big plot hole. Those ninja that Kakashi and Obito had trouble defeating would have been wiped out by Neji. Then again a bunch of genin beat the Sound Four that beat up two jounin
[COLOR="rgb(0, 100, 0)"]Yes, the story do have some holes... I love it though![/COLOR]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black King View Post
^ I agree with Daphne.

Minato himself acknowledged that Kakashi was on Jonin level at a very young age, but he didn't cooperate with his team the way he should. And he didn't know as many Jutsu then as he knows now because he wasn't the Copy Ninja yet. Thanks to Obito, both of those things changed. Kakashi learned teamwork and he was given the Sharingan, which only improved him and helped him complete the Chidori. If he's already Jonin, and improves even more to eventually become know nationwide as the "Copycat" or whatever, I'd say that's not weak.

[COLOR="rgb(0, 100, 0)"]Agree, though he became a Jounin before the Obito incident.[/COLOR]

Yeah, he falls flat on his ass every now and then (because of his eye mostly), but he's far above Konoha 11 in terms of tactic and experience. When he was at their age, he was fighting in a war alongside Yondaime. Before the Konoha 11 were in the chunin exams, everyone was catching cats. xD

Like ^she said, it's the new generation or whatever.
Minato wasnt the foruth yet, and he fought in the war just because there was a war !! Rin and obito, who wernt that good , also fought inthe war!! If there had been a war when the Konoha 11 was genin, they would have joined the war!

Quote:
No, we didnt see anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry01239 View Post
I agree with you. If you have seen the ova for ninja storm 2, they are having a chunin exam and promoting konohamaru to chunin before the war.

Old 07-31-2012, 02:31 PM   #16
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato

Awards Showcase

According to his stats in the databooks, his skills are pretty high and even. U can check that out on your own, i dont feel like pulling it out and posting it.

his variety of minjutsu, taijutsu, but i guess not so much of genjutsu(but he has knowledge of how to break out of it), and tactical skills. overall, they are balanced and he makes an excellent shinobi

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
She's one of my psycho's
she's Cults banner girl

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
Old 07-31-2012, 03:04 PM   #17
Leewannabe
Chunin

Yes , i know, and I deeply admire his skills, he is brilliant, but that is later in the series, not in kakashis gaiden. Sorry, daph!

Old 07-31-2012, 03:07 PM   #18
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Not just power is evaluated to be a Jounin.

Why do you think Shikamaru made it to Chunin before anyone else?

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:09 PM   #19
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Yes, Kakashi was jounin because of his leadership skills.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:10 PM   #20
lakira
Apprentice Genin

lakira is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.lakira is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.lakira is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.lakira is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

kakashi is just in his old glory days! he is almost thirty or fourty...he seems to be getting tired alot ..
lakira is offline   Reply With Quote