Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:48 AM   #1
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Exclamation Re-Doing the Forum Help Guide

This is something that I'm going to be doing in the near future, however, I would like to hear all of your opinions on what we should do with this. I'm not making any changes until I feel I've got enough input from all of you.

Try to think of things that haven't already been put in there, think along the lines of new additions to the forums. I will type up a list of things that I think should definitely be included later in an extended post.
  • Visitor Messages
  • Personal User Image Album
  • Viz Labs
  • Explanations of what staff can do. (Ex. F.A.I.L. VS. Moderators)
  • Link Index to all important threads
  • ***When you are able to edit your details.***
  • What is classified as an illegal link/image.
  • In depth reputation description.
  • Rep and post ranks.
  • Member of the Month
  • RP rules

Last edited by Shikamaru Nara; 08-16-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:01 AM   #2
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Re-Doing the Forum Help Guide

Where's the old guide posted

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:02 AM   #3
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

http://www.naruto.viz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21574
Old 08-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #4
Naruto321
Super-Duper Mod

Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Naruto321 Send a message via Skype™ to Naruto321

Yea I think this is a good idea. We may need to add a few things since the site is changing a bit

EDIT: I may also help you with a few things if that's alright with you in any kind of way.

Last edited by Naruto321; 08-16-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Naruto321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:33 AM   #5
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

Okay, so at this point, I haven't really even looked at the guide to see what needs to be changed, but amendments will likely be made. Here's what I've come up with so far, for things we need to add. Feel free to add your input or point out any things that I happened to miss.
  • Visitor Messages
  • Viz Labs

That's off of the top of my head. I'm sure that there are more things that we can throw in there. As it is, it's a very big wall of text already, so try to keep it down to the essentials. I'm mostly looking for things that users commonly ask. So if you see something in the Tech Issues forum that you think is important enough to make it on the guide, feel free to post it here. I've also kept a master list in the OP.

@N321: Check your VM. For the time being, we're not really at the stage where we're going to be actually making amendments to it. The way it will likely go is that I will make additions and changes to the original, post it here, look for everyone's approval, then I will likely post it for the public to view. So basically at one stage or another you will all get your hands on it, however I would like to keep it away from the public until everything is added to avoid mix-ups or confusion. Plus it would be tough to keep track of changes if more than two or three people had been working on it at once. And the last think we need is any misinformation or false statements in a guide that newbies use.

Last edited by Shikamaru Nara; 08-16-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:37 AM   #6
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Rep can be updated(Like the cap for instance)
Member of the month can also be added

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #7
Naruto321
Super-Duper Mod

Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Naruto321 Send a message via Skype™ to Naruto321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
Okay, so at this point, I haven't really even looked at the guide to see what needs to be changed, but amendments will likely be made. Here's what I've come up with so far, for things we need to add. Feel free to add your input or point out any things that I happened to miss.
  • Visitor Messages
  • Viz Labs

That's off of the top of my head. I'm sure that there are more things that we can throw in there. As it is, it's a very big wall of text already, so try to keep it down to the essentials. I'm mostly looking for things that users commonly ask. So if you see something in the Tech Issues forum that you think is important enough to make it on the guide, feel free to post it here. I've also kept a master list in the OP.

@N321: Check your VM. For the time being, we're not really at the stage where we're going to be actually making amendments to it. The way it will likely go is that I will make additions and changes to the original, post it here, look for everyone's approval, then I will likely post it for the public to view. So basically at one stage or another you will all get your hands on it, however I would like to keep it away from the public until everything is added to avoid mix-ups or confusion. Plus it would be tough to keep track of changes if more than two or three people had been working on it at once. And the last think we need is any misinformation or false statements in a guide that newbies use.

Yea I just got the message.

Also you may need to add for the Trophy system

Naruto321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:43 AM   #8
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
Aiding Kakashi, Yamato, & Iruka

Location: Konohagakure, with the people dearest to me. Aiding Kakashi on the battlefield and saving Yamato!
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Explanation of rep.

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
03-02, 13:09 The Immortal Watch Dog
You got Daph Rice, everyone got her
She's one of my psycho's
she's Cults banner girl
[1/7/2014 9:25:36 AM] Tuus Deus(CoP): I know Daph spends all her time staring at Kakashi pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality
Kakashi pretending to get stabbed by Obito because he's such a nice guy and doesn't want Obito to feel about about sucking so much
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality
I would just like you to know that I am awesome.
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
I disagree. The best way to get rep from Daph is to be me.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:17 PM   #9
BoxHead
P-P-P-PENTAKILL
Kuzan

BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

ESPECIALLY rep.

Also, can you list the rankings for posts/rep?

Click for our savior:
Spoiler:

BoxHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:21 PM   #10
Red
sorry red :(

Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

How to RP within the rules.
What's considered appropriate vs. not appropriate for casual forum use.

Anyways, didn't you just say you felt like you were taking on too much?

I don't know what to put here yet, so I leave you with a nice picture of a buffalo.

Spoiler:
Haha, just kidding.

<3 this heart represents the bromance of Red and RockyL. /brohug
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:01 PM   #11
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
Rep can be updated(Like the cap for instance)
Member of the month can also be added
MotM is a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto321 View Post
Yea I just got the message.

Also you may need to add for the Trophy system
Awards will probably be included in the future when more of a use is found for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Hatake_Daphne Lu View Post
Explanation of rep.
K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxHead View Post
ESPECIALLY rep.

Also, can you list the rankings for posts/rep?
Good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
How to RP within the rules.
What's considered appropriate vs. not appropriate for casual forum use.

Anyways, didn't you just say you felt like you were taking on too much?
I'm not really knowledgeable of the RPs. I'll reach out to you for that part. Or someone else if you don't want to do it.

I think a link to the forum rules would suffice.

Yeah, I dumped a couple things so I have less to do now.