09-13-2013, 01:35 AM
Super High School Level Narcissist
Join Date: Apr 2009
Rep Power: 53
One Piece RP Reboot: How To Play
- Role Playing
- Player VS Player Battles
- Impel Down
- Enies Lobby
- Start-Up Template
- Types of Battles
- Ship/Crew Well-Being
- Role Play starts at the first non-filler island
- In the Blues, there are only two islands that will be role played in
- There are no stats, only your character progresses by winning
- Either win a battle or...
- Defeat an island to get a win
- Some islands are worth multiple wins
- You can play as either a pirate, marine or bounty hunter
- You start off with two characters unless you're a bounty hunter
- Your first character can have any devil fruit on the list. First come, first serve. Unless you want to fight for the Devil Fruit.
- After that, there are Devil Fruit Guidelines
- Beli is earned by winning and can be used to buy things
- Beli can also be earned by writing in the Blues Saga
- Do not decide to randomly find something that has to be bought.
- Basically, I will give you a list of islands in your sea and you can write a story.
- Stories should include what happened
- ...And what you did
- Wins will be handed out at the gamemaster's expression
- The idea is to fit these five criteria as best you can
- Creativity: How creative is your role playing?
- Technique: How well do you use your resources?
- Believability: Is your move believable for your character/rank?
- Grammar/Spelling: Can I actually understand your post?
- Continuity: Does your role playing contradict things you've said in the past?
- Creativity is the only one that you can live without.
- Each time you make a mistake, you'll take a "hit".
- You can play the game on Easy, Medium or Hard.
- Easy allows you to take a hit every turn.
- Medium allows you to take a hit once per three turns.
- Hard allows you take a hit once every eight turns.
- You have to reach the turn minimum for this to take effect.
- Example: Hard Mode requires 8 turns to be completed, unless you take two hits before then.
- How much beli you get also depends on your difficulty level.
- Easy: Double
- Medium: The actual amount
- Hard: Half
- You can also earn beli by turning in pirates with bounties on their head
- The bounty received depends on whether they are dead or alive.
- There is a chance that you will be attacked on the sea and have to battle there.
Player VS. Player Battles
- There are two types of PvP Battles
- Sanctioned battles require you to use your RP characters and find each other in the RP.
- Unsanctioned battles can be fought at any time and do not require you to use your RP character.
- You will receive beli even in unsanctioned battles, but the amount received is cut in half.
- Winner is decided by who does better.
- PvP Battles requires you to indicate your moves in your post
- You can either color code with an easily read color or...
- State exactly what your moves were at the bottom of the post.
- In this RP, losing is punishable by jail time.
- You may acquire multiple losses on certain islands or losing to certain opponents.
- While in Impel Down, you can participate in the "Impel Down Games".
- This will allow your character to continue progressing in jail, though at a slower rate.
- Crimes could have you punished on the island of law!
- In Enies Lobby you will be given a chance to defend yourself.
- Based on your debate, you will either "win" or "lose".
- These wins and losses are added to your character's total.
Start Up Template
- The Start-Up Template is simple.
- All I need is your Crew Name, Member Names and their Profession or Fighting Style.
- You can have one Profession or Fighting Style for any character, but having both is not required.
- Anything else you want to include is entirely up to you.
- I'll give you bounty hunters and marines a template later.
- Here is your template:
- Crew Name:
- *Jolly Roger/Symbol:
- Member Name:
- **Fighting Style:
* = Not Required.
** = One or the other is required.
Now for a list of professions and fighting styles.
- Captain (Your Captain can have TWO professions or fighting styles)
- Navigator (Essential. You cannot reach the Grand Line without one)
- Shipwright (Must be acquired on the Grand Line or be your Captain.)
- Doctor (Must be acquired on the Grand Line or be your Captain.)
- Fighting Styles:
- Cyborg (Must be acquired on the Grand Line.)
- Devil Fruit
- Intelligence (Cannot be mixed with Devil Fruit.)
Types Of Battles
- In this RP, there are multiple battle styles.
- One VS. One
- Regular one vs. one battles
- Crew Battles
- Pits only your main characters against each other.
- Alliance Battles
- Has you team up with another member to take on an opposing force.
- May or may not use only main characters.
- Army Battles
- Either team up or go solo. This battle type allow you to control both your main characters and henchmen.
- That's right, you can have henchmen in this RP.
- The amount you have depends on your "wins".
- There are also a few different modes of victory for non-one vs. one battles.
- Beat The Leader
- In this mode, the battle continues until the leader of either side is defeated.
- The battle continues until all players on either side are defeated.
- Majority Rules
- The battles goes through one round and the side that wins most, wins.
- The battle goes through 3 more rounds and the side with the most wins, wins.
- You can wager anything you have in battle.
- After each battle, your crew member will get weaker and potentially sick.
- After each island, your ship will get weaker.
- There a couple ways to treat this.
- Having a doctor will allow you to heal one character after each island.
- Having a shipwright will prevent your ship from getting weaker.
- When either is in Impel Down, you will not receive the benefits.
- Certain items can be used to temporarily treat your crew or ship.
- A crew member being sick for three islands will die.
- Your ship being ignored for four islands will fall apart.
"The closer you get to the light, the darker your shadow becomes."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by Maikeru D. Shinigami; 09-13-2013 at 01:40 AM.