Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Old 07-22-2012, 06:29 PM   #1
Neaohi
Genin

Neaohi saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Requirements for Custom Avatars.

I know this has been brought up but i think this SHOULD be put to thought.

Small Customs: 85x85 - 100x100

750+ Post Count
1 Years on the Forum

Medium Customs: 150x150 - 200x200

2000+ Post Count
2 Years on the Forum
4 Posts everyday

Large Customs: 300x300 - (Enough NOT to destroy the page)

3000+ Post Count
2 and a half Years on the Forum
8 Posts everyday
POSITIVE REP

Who agrees and likes this idea?
Neaohi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:31 PM   #2
***V***
Special Jonin Candidate

***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.
Default Re: Requirements for Custom Avatars.

Sure, but what about people who don't come on a lot? Along with the moderating of the images.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spoiler:
Quote:
V is the lady of destruction
Quote:
Oh V.......Hebi thinks he will miss you most of all
With your neverwavering indifference and your witty sarcasm and for giving #Baby Latte that macaroni and cheese recipe xD
Quote:
Why do I feel that V would make an almost perfect female counterpart of L?

***V*** is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:32 PM   #3
Noctis Arashi
is rapidly losing blood from Naijeru's jugular attack
Formerly Susanoo

Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Noctis Arashi

I think all of the customs should be the same size as all of the other avatars on the fourm.

Positive rep should be a requirement regardless.

And the post count should be bumped up.

And even then, they are gonna try and implement it later for everyone, but I don't think it's a BAD set of guidelines.
Grand Master Roleplayer
Just Call Me Legendary Hoe -Fliparrachii Approved
Old 07-23-2012, 03:45 PM   #4
Vocaloid
Special Jonin Candidate

Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

I have a problem with the "X posts a day" thing people keep using. There's a lot of moderators and other good people who don't come on every day so they don't get the chance to post a lot. They shouldn't be excluded just because they have a life unlike the rest of us . And then there's people like me who usually have nothing good or important to say so we don't post a lot.

And I agree with Noctis, the size should be the same for all people, but the requirements should be higher for post counts as well as rep, like at least 5,000-7,000 posts (since it counts everywhere now) and about, eh, 250-500~ish Rep points? I myself don't even have these requirements but they should be high.

But the problem is moderating what gets used, because even if someone has all of the requirements they might still use Viz-owned images, though with those kind of requirements it should be because they didn't know Viz owned it.

Just let how things are going now flow, because the Custom Avatars for the WS and MotM are meant to be tests to see if and how people use such privileges. If people follow the rules then it increases the chances of allowing others to use it. If not, then it lowers the chances.

Vocaloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:58 PM   #5
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

It's only for the WS.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:17 PM   #6
Noctis Arashi
is rapidly losing blood from Naijeru's jugular attack
Formerly Susanoo

Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Noctis Arashi

I think he's talking when (if) the Custom Avatars are used everywhere.
Grand Master Roleplayer
Just Call Me Legendary Hoe -Fliparrachii Approved
Old 07-23-2012, 06:12 PM   #7
Red
sorry red :(

Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Like I said before, the number of posts per day should have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with ANYTHING. What if someone perhaps made an account in early '09, but didn't really start using it till, say, January of '11? Even if they posted 8 posts a day, their number of posts per day would remain very small because of that time in between. Same goes for people who took breaks from the forum and whatnot.

And like everyone says, size should remain the same for everyone. I don't want avatars pushing out the post margins any farther. Plus size doesn't really matter.

Anyways, in my opinion, EVERYONE should get custom avatars if they're going to be given out outside the WS and MotM population (unless another group is gonna use CAs). I don't think posts/time on the forum should have much to do with it. But that's just my opinion.

I don't know what to put here yet, so I leave you with a nice picture of a buffalo.

Spoiler:
Haha, just kidding.

<3 this heart represents the bromance of Red and RockyL. /brohug
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:05 PM   #8
Ashen
The Reaper
Quasi-Admin

Ashen completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.
Ashen completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neaohi View Post
I know this has been brought up but i think this SHOULD be put to thought.

Small Customs: 85x85 - 100x100

750+ Post Count
1 Years on the Forum

Medium Customs: 150x150 - 200x200

2000+ Post Count
2 Years on the Forum
4 Posts everyday

Large Customs: 300x300 - (Enough NOT to destroy the page)

3000+ Post Count
2 and a half Years on the Forum
8 Posts everyday
POSITIVE REP

Who agrees and likes this idea?
Your avatar is 150x150 and honestly that's plenty big enough. Any more would stretch the post bit, and when you're stretching the post bit, you know it's excessively large. Not to mention that having such a large margin for different avatar sizes is unsightly for the site as a whole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Anyways, in my opinion, EVERYONE should get custom avatars if they're going to be given out outside the WS and MotM population (unless another group is gonna use CAs). I don't think posts/time on the forum should have much to do with it. But that's just my opinion.
This. At most we might include a minimum post or been a member for so many weeks requirement like sigs, but any other requirements of that sort seem unnecessary.

Ashen is online now   Reply With Quote