Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Battlegrounds HQ > The Graveyard

The Graveyard While you CAN endlessly debate some things, other threads need a place to stay buried. This friends, is that place.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:14 PM   #61
JLI2infinity
Chunin Exam Proctor

JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Re: Mei vs. A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuromaki View Post
>implying that speed blitzing white zetsu is anything impressive

The starting distance here isn't even the same as in those cases. In Minato's case, they were quite close and Minato still managed to throw kunai before A blitz.

Moreover, chapter 563 shows A and Mei activating their moves in the exact same panel at the exact same time, no use denying the manga.
The reason they activated their techniques at the same time is because they were getting ready to perform a COMBO attack it's like when Shee used his genjutsu and everyone was like "lulz Darui is as fast as A because they arrived to hit Sasuke at the same time, derp" A can slow down his movements so he can fight in conjunction with a partner. He waited for Mei to use his technique so he could attack immediately afterward.

He speed blitzed Zetsu while in his base form. Minato has the best reflexes in ninja history which is why he got off the kunai but the punch was still literally an inch from his face I mentioned your objections before...

Quote:
Yeah she can raise her arms in front of her face as a reflex but that's pretty much it, that's all Madara could do too lol. Don't pretend like it's some mediocre feat even managing that shows that someone's a master shinobi, Madara's an expert swordsmen and has sharingan and he barely reacted to getting speedblitzed from around the same distance the OP specifies by A. But unlike Mei, Madara has Susano'o and Edo Regeneration so him getting punched by A is far less damaging.
Quote:
Idk why people are pretending like 100 meters is some huge distance, especially for A. That's a little smaller than a football field. Just to put this in perspective of the Narutoverse, in part 1 when Lee took of his weights for the first time while standing on top of that statue with the two hands clapsed together in a seal his body flicker was so fast that he cleared the same distance the OP specifies before the genin even noticed he'd moved and Gaara's automatic sand shield as we know couldn't keep up.

Now fast forward to shippuden and just look at Hebi Sasuke's feats. When he first encountered Naruto he was standing on top of a cliff probably 120+ meters away, and midsentence he body flickered to Naruto before all of Team Kakashi (minus Kakashi himself of course) could do anything. He was clearing enormous distances against Deidara as well. I'd like to remind you guys that this is the Sasuke who couldn't even SEE A when he was moving. This Sasuke who was clearing 100 meters in around a second or two had no idea where A was attacking from. He was so scared he just gave up on even trying to react and put up an Amaterasu to guard from all directions.

A speedblitzing gets downplayed because like I said people think it's a cheap way to end a fight. A for all intents and purposes is just as fast as Minato. Before any Minato fan reading this becomes enraged, my point is that the difference in A and Minato's speeds are literally milliseconds, it's a difference so miniscule that you'd have to be able to react even close to their speed to notice the difference. It's kind of like how Muhammad Ali may be better than Ken Norton but the average fighter or even a pretty good pro boxer wouldn't be able to tell the difference in skill.
Either the distance needs to get changed or this thread is essentially over the only reason this is still going is because random people are digging it up from previous pages.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:27 PM   #62
PrinceofPeace
Banned

PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

I thought it was agrreed A would win

Water dragon is the only thing that has a chance of effecting A whcih is easy to dodge.

A would recieve pain in the boil mist be he would get a good hit to attack Mei with but he would not lose
Old 08-14-2012, 07:27 PM   #63
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

@JLI2infinity There is more evidence suggesting that they activated their moves at the same time than not. I have already given examples of Mei hand seal speed. Furthermore, there's nothing proving that A can slow down the activation of his Lightning Armor, and even if he could there was no reason to in that instance. He could have just gone on ahead and attacked and then let Mei spam lava. You seem to be acting as if Mei takes 3 hours to perform handseals.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:03 PM   #64
PrinceofPeace
Banned

PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

REGARDLESS OF HAND SIGN SPEEDS A STILL WINS ( While recieving damage)

Mei makes boil/mist

A then moves at lighting speeds to scan the area and then Locates Mei and punches her lights out for the win

If Mei would use lava (which is slower) A would be able to feel the heat and move away.

How does Mei win this when she can not afford to take a hit while A can take his arm being cut off
Old 08-14-2012, 10:09 PM   #65
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

implying Mei's not gonna do anything while A tries to look for her in the mist lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:17 PM   #66
PrinceofPeace
Banned

What can she do?
Old 08-15-2012, 11:33 AM   #67
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Spam lava all around her, A runs right into it if he tries to get close to her

Use acid to hinder him.

Use water wall andwater dragon to play keep away if A tries to blitz.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:50 AM   #68
JLI2infinity
Chunin Exam Proctor

JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Spam lava all around her, A runs right into it if he tries to get close to her

Use acid to hinder him.

Use water wall andwater dragon to play keep away if A tries to blitz.
Ok you're done here. I gave you a boatload of evidence explaining why Mei gets speedblitzed and you ignored it. He waited to activate his armor because it was a COMBO attack where Mei's lava was the distraction, Madara was blatantly staring at the lava saying he can't be hit by it and when he looked up A was there chopping his Susano'o ribcage. Please read the chapter carefully. I even gave you the PERFECT example to counter your premise that it takes time to activate his armor.

A went from having literally no Raiton Armor on to being at 100% and an inch away from Minato's face in a fraction of a second, he also activated his armor instantly to try to blitz Tobi and he cleared a distance about half the size of the one specified by the OP at a ridiculous speed as well. The only attack Mei can perform here is Water Dragon which would be too slow to hit A, or even worse (and this is something I've seen ignored all thread), A just streams lightning chakra through the dragon and into Mei's face, paralyzing her temporarily so he can kill her.

Like I said you're probably someone who thinks speedblitzing is a cheap way to end a fight and so you're desperately searching for ways to create a counterstrategy where Mei can stall long enough to make it a decent match. At any distance 200 meters or less A murders around 90% of the Narutoverse.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:01 PM   #69
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade

Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

A attempts to blitz:

Mei makes acid mist. A runs right through it before it takes enough of an effect and knocks her head off.

He plainly dodges any water jutsu.
Idk how but he saw through the Hidden mist when Mei used it on Madara.

If she spams lava all around her won't she just melt herself? Eventually it'll harden anyway and he can take that chance to get her.

This is all assuming that she survives the initial blitz. I mean if she tries something but then he just dodges and comes from the side or something

Quote:
"rank doesn't mean anything" is an argument I used to use before I realized that there are only very few exceptions to the ranking system, such as Naruto. Haters would say Tsunade is an exception to the kages power and even then I wouldn't underestimate her. And I just pulled up a couple feats from Mei.
The sand siblings, Neji, Kakashi, Lee were/are all lower ranks when they could all take people above them. Rank doesn't mean shizzle when it comes to fighting. I could think of more if I felt like it. Not just Naruto Sasuke and Tsunade.

Last edited by Uchiha Sora; 08-15-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:48 PM   #70
PrinceofPeace
Banned

^ I agree BUT
1- Mei had lava on her lips and she did not react to it in pain
2- She probably did not use the mist to obscure her teammates vision
REGARDLESS

Ay wins while taking damage. He runs through the mist and Mei can not use boil than mist that quickly before Ay can attack. Boil is easily seen through
Old 08-17-2012, 12:20 PM   #71
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Ok guys, A wins

Not because of blitz, but because he can outlast Mei's attacks. If he didn't flinch at Amaterasu, I'm sure he could take a little lava and acid.

Mind you Mei still has a chance if she uses hidden mist spam, but I cbf to argue this anymore since LOL BLITZ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLI2infinity View Post
Ok you're done here. I gave you a boatload of evidence explaining why Mei gets speedblitzed and you ignored it.
I'm pretty sure that was a reply to the other user (Amon?) and that wasn't anything that wasn't already covered before in this thread. I gave a boatload of manga evidence showing Mei's reaction and hand seal speed earlier.
Quote:
He waited to activate his armor
Can you prove this other than it was a combo attack? They did their jutsu in the same panel and the fact that Mei can use hand seals very quickly supports this notion.

When A tried to blitz Sasuke at the Kage Summit, C used his genjutsu, A slammed Sasuke into the ground , Sasuke saw through the genjutsu and A proceeded to attack but with Darui behind Sasuke, there was enough time for Darui to get behind Sasuke when A attacked Sasuke in the genjutsu the first time. So yeah A didn't have to slow himself down especially since he was bloodlusted. Oh and Suigetsu reacted to his downward elbow thing, while Juugo was able to throw an (unsuccessful) shield up in reaction to a blitz by A, both in close range. I'm pretty sure Mei > both of these characters so she at least has time to use a jutsu before A tries to blitz from 100 meters.
Quote:
A went from having literally no Raiton Armor on to being at 100% and an inch away from Minato's face in a fraction of a second,
Nope, Chapter 542 page 12, that's not instant and Minato had time to throw kunai, plus it was a lot closer than 100 meters.
Quote:
he also activated his armor instantly to try to blitz Tobi and he cleared a distance about half the size of the one specified by the OP at a ridiculous speed as well.
Tobi was standing there not doing anything. In this case, Mei knows about A's speed since she has done a combo attack with him before, she would activate something right away.
Quote:
The only attack Mei can perform here is Water Dragon which would be too slow to hit A, or even worse (and this is something I've seen ignored all thread), A just streams lightning chakra through the dragon and into Mei's face, paralyzing her temporarily so he can kill her.
Oh hey, Chapter 588 page 15 I didn't see you there!
Quote:
At any distance 200 meters or less A murders around 90% of the Narutoverse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Sora View Post
A attempts to blitz:

Mei makes acid mist. A runs right through it before it takes enough of an effect and knocks her head off.

He plainly dodges any water jutsu.
Idk how but he saw through the Hidden mist when Mei used it on Madara.

If she spams lava all around her won't she just melt herself? Eventually it'll harden anyway and he can take that chance to get her.

This is all assuming that she survives the initial blitz. I mean if she tries something but then he just dodges and comes from the side or something

The sand siblings, Neji, Kakashi, Lee were/are all lower ranks when they could all take people above them. Rank doesn't mean shizzle when it comes to fighting. I could think of more if I felt like it. Not just Naruto Sasuke and Tsunade.
Not gonna bother replying to anything else since I already went through this. No, shes not gonna melt herself, and yes, he saw through Hidden Mist because mei was using it as a team attack.

Sand siblings with exception of Gaara are jonin, since when could they take kage? Kakashi was considered a kage candidate. In Lee's case it was said that Gates could give you the power of a Kage. Neji is a jonin. What is this.

Old 08-17-2012, 02:36 PM   #72
PrinceofPeace
Banned

Wow she admmitted it

Thread is done Ay wins

(glad she did not quote me)
Old 08-17-2012, 02:38 PM   #73
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

He can't blitz, though. Also, Mei stands a better chance than most people giving her credit for. Pretty much the whole point of this thread was to establish that lololol

Old 08-17-2012, 02:49 PM   #74
PrinceofPeace
Banned

True True

A would take some damage but that block head would barely notice

Mei gots ninjutsu skill thats for sure

Sidenotes: My heart belongs to Hashirama and Kisame .... so I know how you feel

Ay wins
Old 08-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #75
JLI2infinity
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
He can't blitz, though. Also, Mei stands a better chance than most people giving her credit for. Pretty much the whole point of this thread was to establish that lololol
So Tobi standing still = feat invalid. That was your rebuttal.

Also, yes I can prove he waited. He was using Mei's Hidden Mist as a cover to attack ergo, he needed her to use Hidden Mist to attack. He had to wait.

Against Minato it was instant, that was VERY obvious. It was a standoff between A and Minato's sqauds. They were basically going through introductions and Minato launched the first attack. He says "everyone stay behind me" and throws kunai. The next thing you see are two small streaks of lightning (the kunai are still floating in midair mind you) and A is in full lightning armor with a fist an inch away from Minato's nose.

Minato got to launch the first attack and that's not even common anymore, the current A always strikes first. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here and say that Mei's fight is the exception, like I said the best thing that can happen is Mei gets a weak guard up.

Here's another feat, A arrives to stop Naruto in Bee with no lightning armor on, Naruto (who is much faster than Mei) tries to run away with body flicker) he turns around and surprise A is in front of him with Raiton Armor on delivering a punch to Naruto's last minute guard that Naruto said would've knocked him out if it were clean (not to mention that in RM Mode Naruto is far more durable than Mei and that hand he put up to guard against the punch held back three razor sharp swords easily to save Hinata).

Like I said Mei either gets a half assed guard up or barely gets off a technique.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:08 PM   #76
PrinceofPeace
Banned

Either way Mei loses
Old 08-17-2012, 03:41 PM   #77
Ultimate combatant
Special Jonin Candidate

Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Quote:
In his V1 he definitely cannot blitz Mei.

But he can dodge most of Mei's attack and get to the distance of 50 meters.

From distance of 50 meters in his V2 form, he can speedblitz!!!

Though he will not speedblitz because before he would enter his V2 form and come to 50 meters distance, Mei could use either Lava or Mist.

However, if Mei uses Mist, she is still not safe. Ay can still hit her only that he'd sacrifice most of his body. Not exactly completely in character but considering he was willing to easily give up his arm, I'd assume he'd be prepared to do that if necessary.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:55 PM   #78
PrinceofPeace
Banned

Can we just stop and agree that Mei loses

WHo cares how or when she gets blitz

Ay wins thats that
Old 08-18-2012, 01:41 PM   #79
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLI2infinity View Post
So Tobi standing still = feat invalid. That was your rebuttal.

Also, yes I can prove he waited. He was using Mei's Hidden Mist as a cover to attack ergo, he needed her to use Hidden Mist to attack. He had to wait.

Against Minato it was instant, that was VERY obvious. It was a standoff between A and Minato's sqauds. They were basically going through introductions and Minato launched the first attack. He says "everyone stay behind me" and throws kunai. The next thing you see are two small streaks of lightning (the kunai are still floating in midair mind you) and A is in full lightning armor with a fist an inch away from Minato's nose.

Minato got to launch the first attack and that's not even common anymore, the current A always strikes first. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here and say that Mei's fight is the exception, like I said the best thing that can happen is Mei gets a weak guard up.

Here's another feat, A arrives to stop Naruto in Bee with no lightning armor on, Naruto (who is much faster than Mei) tries to run away with body flicker) he turns around and surprise A is in front of him with Raiton Armor on delivering a punch to Naruto's last minute guard that Naruto said would've knocked him out if it were clean (not to mention that in RM Mode Naruto is far more durable than Mei and that hand he put up to guard against the punch held back three razor sharp swords easily to save Hinata).

Like I said Mei either gets a half assed guard up or barely gets off a technique.
Hidden Mist..?

No A activated his raiton armor first, then from the looks of it A tried to blitz him after Minato threw kunai.

A was right in front of him and was like 5 meters away.

Barely getting off a technique is better than not doing anything at all, wouldn't you say? And i pretty much already admitted that Mei would lose.

Old 08-18-2012, 05:38 PM   #80
PrinceofPeace
Banned

Seriously why is this thread going on still we already said who would win

Ay wins but recieves damage
Mei puts up an AMAZING fight but she can not stop his speed

What else is their to debate

Tags
i hate that song, mei, raikage