Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:27 PM   #1
YouCanCallMeGod
Freshmen Academy Student

YouCanCallMeGod is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Unsubscribe from newsletter

I don't really want to be receiving emails from this website and I can't edit my usercp, can I be ubsubscribed please?
YouCanCallMeGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:35 PM   #2
Ashen
The Reaper
Quasi-Admin

Ashen completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.
Ashen completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Unsubscribe from newsletter

Done.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ashen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:26 AM   #3
Err
Special Jonin Candidate

Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

I'm surprised more people haven't complained about the newsletters. I'm getting a good amount of emails from Viz. Not a bad thing as some things are actually interesting like the updates and down time but the Viz comic stuff, not so much. I don't suppose there is a way to turn the newsletters off while still having the forum stuff still come in?
To further the point, we are a social species because we are interdependent. You could count on your hand how many people in a millennium can get by with absolutely no help from anyone else ever. Yet we never work together. That's why ants will eventually bring us down.
Err is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:22 AM   #4
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

SRhyse just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Err View Post
I'm surprised more people haven't complained about the newsletters. I'm getting a good amount of emails from Viz. Not a bad thing as some things are actually interesting like the updates and down time but the Viz comic stuff, not so much. I don't suppose there is a way to turn the newsletters off while still having the forum stuff still come in?
Which Comic Con stuff are you referring too specifically? The stuff that came in the form of a full HTML newsletter with pictures and such?

If so, that newsletter isn't the forum newsletter, and you'd unsubscribe from that one with a link at the bottom. If you wanted to unsubscribe from the forum newsletter, there's a link to do so at the bottom of that one as well in each one. We're definitely looking into a better method for all that though, with the ability to sort through multiple subscriptions on different topics, but it sounds like you're referring to two different newsletters from two different sources in this case if I'm not mistaken.

If new users can't edit their UCP to NOT receive admin emails, I can look into that to in order to prevent them from being forced into anything.

Sorry for any inconvenience!
My dog Elly FTW:

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
. Thanks for wanting to help though!
SRhyse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:08 AM   #5
Err
Special Jonin Candidate

Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Yeah, i was. I kinda jumped the gun there about not being able to stop a certain newsletter as I couldn't find any other kind in my email (no link at the bottom of those) but I may have deleted the other kind (that did have the link). My bad. But it's a good idea to let users who can't edit their profiles, turn off admin notifications. Maybe a link on the bottom of those emails as well? I dunno, i leave that your hands. Glad you're looking into this. Good day!
To further the point, we are a social species because we are interdependent. You could count on your hand how many people in a millennium can get by with absolutely no help from anyone else ever. Yet we never work together. That's why ants will eventually bring us down.
Err is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:43 AM   #6
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

Awards Showcase

For the Viz Comic newsletter, there is a link at the bottom to unsubscribe, which for reference is this, though the one linked in your specific newsletter will be different and take you directly to unsubscribe - http://www.viz.com/unsubscribe/

For the new users disabling admin emails, I am looking into it, but when you register a new account, it's actually one of the only options you're presented with at the bottom of the page upon registration. I'll still look into it, and perhaps update the registration to the site making it clear that atleast for now, admin emails includes the newsletter.

Sorry for any inconveniences!
My dog Elly FTW:

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
. Thanks for wanting to help though!
SRhyse is online now   Reply With Quote