Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Omniverse

Omniverse Anything goes in this forum. Any multiverse, any singleverse, any fight. Just know in advance that Kakashi can't beat Superman.

View Poll Results: Gladiator vs Viking
Gladiator 2 40.00%
Viking 3 60.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-18-2013, 08:52 AM   #1
CoolerThanIce
Chunin Exam Proctor

CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Default Gladiator vs Viking

Location: An enormous area that looks somewhat like a Roman Amphitheatre.

Start: 50 meters

Gladiator equipment: Gladius, net and trident, scutum (the large oblong type of shield) and gladiator armor (obviously).
Note: Different gladiators specialized in different weapons, so I haven't really picked out any particular type of gladiator. I've kind of made up my own gladiator who doesn't really specialize in anything but uses various types of gladiator weapons.

Viking equipment: Spatha, double axe, viking spears, viking seax (knife) and armor.
Note: Vikings used to eat toadstool before they fought, which made them fight like brutes. The toadstool will be included.

So, who wins? The bloodthirsty Scandinavian warrior or the ruthless Roman entertainer?
CoolerThanIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:16 AM   #2
Souret
Special Jonin Candidate

Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Souret
Default Re: Gladiator vs Viking

The Roman battle training was some of the strongest in the history of the world, on top of that the gladiators fought constantly to the death for entertainment , on top of that more of there fights were one on one than the vikings. Also the Roman weapons were really really good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Souret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:07 AM   #3
konoha chimp
Special Jonin Candidate

konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

If it takes place in a Roman amphitheatre then I would give this an easy win to the Gladiator
Although it is kind of an unfair comparison as Roman gladiators specialized in one on one combat in a theatre and because of their experience and weaponry it's like asking a... Marine to fight a professional boxer in a boxing ring... the boxer is most likely going to win 9/10 times.

If this was a battle however, The vikings take this with minimal casualties easily
konoha chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:21 AM   #4
CoolerThanIce
Chunin Exam Proctor

CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

I never said that they were fighting in an actual roman amphitheatre, I said that the place resembled an amphitheatre. The location isn't what's supposed to be important in this fight. It's a battle between a gladiator and a viking who both fight to their best abilities. Focus on that.

I take it your answer is viking then?

Old 01-18-2013, 10:42 AM   #5
konoha chimp
Special Jonin Candidate

konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Well whatever the case the location resembling an amphitheatre has the same effect on the fight and whether it was supposed to be important or not doesn't matter.. the point is that it does matter so you cant just disregard the location.

And as for their abilities individually the Gladiator is superior in almost everyway physically (Maybe not in strength) and mentally...

A better comparison would've been a Spartan warrior vs the gladiator
Old 01-18-2013, 11:17 AM   #6
CoolerThanIce
Chunin Exam Proctor

Awards Showcase

I'm only interested in knowing who'll win judging by the abilities. If I hadn't named the location, the fight would automatically have been set in a roman amphitheatre-like area anyway (read the official debate standards for the BGs). Acually, If you knew me, the location usually plays a big part in my threads, but this time I'm making an exception.

Spoiler:

Good idea about the Spartan warrior vs Roman gladiator (why don't you make a thread about that?)

I'm going to give my opinion when more people have posted here.

Old 01-18-2013, 11:29 AM   #7
Leewannabe
Chunin

Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Vikings!!! Just because I'm scandinavian! And because vikings are some ferocious beasts!

Owner of the Official Might Guy Fanclub!!
Leewannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:41 AM   #8
BMC1994
Special Jonin Candidate
BG Moderator

BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by konoha chimp View Post
If it takes place in a Roman amphitheatre then I would give this an easy win to the Gladiator
Although it is kind of an unfair comparison as Roman gladiators specialized in one on one combat in a theatre and because of their experience and weaponry it's like asking a... Marine to fight a professional boxer in a boxing ring... the boxer is most likely going to win 9/10 times.

If this was a battle however, The vikings take this with minimal casualties easily
I am pretty sure the boxer would literally get murdered by the marine.

But thats for another thread i guess.

Quote:
on black person kage when his susuano grabbed him and he put him in ms genjutsu with tsuki.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souret
Yes
BMC1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:43 AM   #9
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK
Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK

Awards Showcase

Viking wins.
Germanic barbarians did crush Rome.
That has nothing to do with thread lol

Viking is a warrior who has natural muscles. He is physically stronger due to the harsh northern climate and life conditions.
He has more stamina and better heart rate due to fish they ate.
Roman gladiators are just slaves who were given a sword and put into arenas.
That gladiator could've been some dancer or a musician with no war exp.

Vikings are natural warriors, sailors and raiders who will not stop until the battle is over.
You must remember that only those who die bravely in a fight go to Valhalla, that will give him a moral boost.
Maruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:47 AM   #10
Shisko Shi
Special Jonin Candidate

Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Shisko Shi

You do relaise Gladietors are just criminals forced to fight right? were as Viking. attacked just about what ever they wanted. So I say Viking. gladietors were given some armour and were just prisoners not like TV or movies potray them.

You're captain of the football team and are heavily involved in other sports. You actually get pretty decent grades, but most people don't know that. Most girls really really REALLY want to date you, but you don't notice or care for them. They're just fangirls. Like Sasuke.
You have a cool headed manner, and it almost appears as serious. When you're out in the games playing, you're just as serious but extremely aggressive. This is what leads the NDF football team to victory (lol in reality the team would suck ass but lets just imagine it otherwise)
You're popular and a lot of people look up to you and see you as most likely to win "Best All Around" in the yearbook. You walk into a party and everyone shouts "AYYY IT'S COLLIIIIIN" and you get attacked by high fives by your teammates and crew and hugs by desperate females. But most people don't know a lot about you personally because you don't let anyone in a lot.
Shisko Shi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:49 AM   #11
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

^Yes, totally.
Gladiator = slave
Viking = Brutal barbarian.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:50 AM   #12
Shisko Shi
Special Jonin Candidate

Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Yep, Vikings were pretty strong too, infact I beleive the Roman EMpire actully paid them so they would not fight with them. I can not remember, someone did becaus they feared them.

You're captain of the football team and are heavily involved in other sports. You actually get pretty decent grades, but most people don't know that. Most girls really really REALLY want to date you, but you don't notice or care for them. They're just fangirls. Like Sasuke.
You have a cool headed manner, and it almost appears as serious. When you're out in the games playing, you're just as serious but extremely aggressive. This is what leads the NDF football team to victory (lol in reality the team would suck ass but lets just imagine it otherwise)
You're popular and a lot of people look up to you and see you as most likely to win "Best All Around" in the yearbook. You walk into a party and everyone shouts "AYYY IT'S COLLIIIIIN" and you get attacked by high fives by your teammates and crew and hugs by desperate females. But most people don't know a lot about you personally because you don't let anyone in a lot.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:51 AM   #13
Souret
Special Jonin Candidate

Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Souret

Yes but many gladiators were made to fight for their freedom, also if you study Pliny you can see evidence of some gladiator who became wealthy and famous in their own right due to their strength and fighting ability.

TBH gladiators vary hugely.

Souret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #14
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Gladiators were fighting for their LIVES in 99% cases.
They were living under the arena in small cells, got crappy food, were tortured, beaten and wounded.
They lost all sense of themselves and turned into machines.
They were far away from home with no will to live.

Vikings fought because they were BORN TO FIGHT.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #15
Leewannabe
Chunin

Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Yayy! Vikings ftw!!!

Owner of the Official Might Guy Fanclub!!
Leewannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:22 PM   #16
konoha chimp
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souret View Post
Yes but many gladiators were made to fight for their freedom, also if you study Pliny you can see evidence of some gladiator who became wealthy and famous in their own right due to their strength and fighting ability.

TBH gladiators vary hugely.
^ This
Old 01-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #17
Shisko Shi
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Yes but they are not that good compared to those who fight all the time. GLadiaters were OK ut not good.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #18
Ninja of Cao
Banned

Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Yahoo to Ninja of Cao

You are comparing a medieval warrior who could defeat fully armored knights and made civilized nations tremble with fear, against an ancient-era pit fighter who usually originated from civilian slavery. The Gladiator have never seen chain mail in his life and has inferior bronze equipment against the Viking's steel and iron, the Viking is far more ferocious and physically stronger, and his armor will deflect most (if not all) of the Gladiator's possible attacks.

I see no way for the Gladiator to win this because of inferior weapons, inferior training, inferior technology, and inferior historical feats.
Ninja of Cao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #19
CoolerThanIce
Chunin Exam Proctor

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja of Cao View Post
You are comparing a medieval warrior who could defeat fully armored knights and made civilized nations tremble with fear, against an ancient-era pit fighter who usually originated from civilian slavery. The Gladiator have never seen chain mail in his life and has inferior bronze equipment against the Viking's steel and iron, the Viking is far more ferocious and physically stronger, and his armor will deflect most (if not all) of the Gladiator's possible attacks.

I see no way for the Gladiator to win this because of inferior weapons, inferior training, inferior technology, and inferior historical feats.
What this guy just said...you practically read my mind. You deserve some rep.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:38 PM   #20
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja of Cao View Post

Nice to see someone who's on the same page as me.
Nice.