Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Latest Manga Chapters

Latest Manga Chapters Discuss the latest manga chapters of your favorite series here!

Old 07-07-2012, 04:31 PM   #1
deidara#1
Pun-isher

deidara#1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!deidara#1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default I have finished watching FullMetal Alchemist BH.

Quick question:

Is it the original FullMetal Alchemist still worth watching?
deidara#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:08 PM   #2
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: I have finished watching FullMetal Alchemist BH.

The first anime is a completely different story, so yes its worth watching. Only thing bad about it was the emperor of shimballa movie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants

Last edited by Bacon; 07-07-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:07 PM   #3
deidara#1
Pun-isher

deidara#1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!deidara#1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Thanks, I will watch then.
deidara#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:59 PM   #4
Cupcake
Veteran Chunin
Formerly and Forever Apa

Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Brotherhood follows the manga a lot more closely. The original has some similar parts but it's different. I'd say you should watch it, both were good. I personally liked Brotherhood better but I have friends that preferred the first series.

All I want are the brains of Gwen Stacy....

....with the body of Mary Jane
Cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:59 PM   #5
joon
Special Jonin Candidate

joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Send a message via Skype™ to joon

Awesome animes.
Ah the memories.
I did not finish BH but i am on the 40th episode.
I did however,finished FMA and i loved it.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:29 PM   #6
Bradley
Genin

Bradley saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

The original Fullmetal Alchemist was great, I watched it years ago. Pretty much the first serious anime I watched. Brotherhood was phenomenal too. Both have great themes, action, music, characters, villains. They are smorgasbords of awesomeness.

I think Fullmetal Alchemist is a textbook example of a manga getting good anime adaptation(s). With the first, the producers decided to diverge from the manga rather than try to pad things out with slow moving episodes and filler in order to let the manga catch up. They pulled it off too, with a story that is arguably just as compelling as how the manga ended up. Then, thanks to the success of the first anime and the continued success of the manga, they got to go back with Brotherhood and adapt the full manga into an anime. Again, they didn't have to wait and pad things out because the manga was already finished. I prefer my anime on the shorter side and both Fullmetal Alchemist animes are perfect examples.

To answer the OP's question, yes, the original anime is worth watching even if you have seen Brotherhood. The first half or so is sort of the same story as the first fifth of Brotherhood, but they take more time on it so it's done better. The story is quite different after that; the nature of the Homunculi is different and their leader is different (minor spoiler: it's not Father. Father does not exist in the original anime).

Last edited by Bradley; 09-16-2012 at 11:32 PM.
Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:13 AM   #7
sagemaster777
Special Jonin Candidate

sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to sagemaster777

I still don't know which series is better, but both are worth watching definitely.

Why is she so perfect?
sagemaster777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:21 AM   #8
darkdemonofthemist
A True Bro

Location: Times people on Omegle actually wanted to have a decent conversation: 2
darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Send a message via Skype™ to darkdemonofthemist

No don't watch it! It's like watching Avatar: The Last Airbender, and then wondering if it's worth seeing the movie.
jenny,Memitim,Jonesy,deadtaka,Noctis,NinjaPink,Devroux,Luna Mikazuki,Miss Kitty,Wooster
Vatanui AKA Pride,Toma RNK,KGT,SS4 Gogeta,Looney-Lyra,Semog,Bacon,Pool,AgentShayd
Kitsune,Kiseki,Spartacus,Nick Tasogare,TBC,Shikamaru Nara,Lone_Espada,Maruko
Follow me on Twitter! @fishcantblink
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatanicRobot
Your face cured my cancer.
darkdemonofthemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:31 PM   #9
Bradley
Genin

Bradley saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdemonofthemist View Post
No don't watch it! It's like watching Avatar: The Last Airbender, and then wondering if it's worth seeing the movie.
Eh? The Last Airbender's live action movie was horrible, and that's why no one should watch it. The 2003 Fullmetal Alchemist anime is fantastic all on it's own; that's plenty reason enough to watch it.
Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote