Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Anime News

Anime News The latest news on anime projects and the people that make them possible.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:12 PM   #1
WindScar22
Special Jonin Candidate

WindScar22 has completed a tough C-rank mission!WindScar22 has completed a tough C-rank mission!WindScar22 has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default What's the Hardest Anime/Manga to get Someone to Watch/Read/Like?

So, what Anime/Manga do you think is the hardest to get someone to watch, read, and eventually like?

Personally, I think Bleach is one of the easiest to do so, because Bleach reeks of male AND female fanservice.

The hardest to do so is both One Piece and Katekyo Hitman Reborn!. I say this because One Piece and Reborn! are like being a Christian. You have to be a Christian to know why we think the way we do and why we love God and Jesus. You have to be a One Piece and a Reborn! fan to know why it is as excellent as everyone says it is.

I've been fighting with my cousin, who is female, over getting her to like One Piece and Reborn!. She thinks that they are too silly. Well, in fact, they start off silly, but slowly get action-packed. You have to read them through to the last available chapter to decide whether you like them or not. One Piece and Reborn! both were very silly to start off with, because their respective authors, Eiichiro Oda and Akira Amano, didn't plan for them to become as popular as they did. When they did, they continued the story and it indeed was as epic as the fans thought it would become.

I hate it that people tried to gag One Piece down her throat at her high school so MANY times that she got mad and decided not to read it because trying to shove a Manga down her throat makes her annoyed to the point that she WON'T read it. She's really missing out.

Plus, here's what I told her. I told her, "If someone tries to tell you OVER AND OVER that you should read blah and blah Manga, then there's a reason WHY they recommended it to you. They wouldn't recommend it to you if they didn't have a reason why they liked it."

I was annoyed at how popular Naruto was in America some years ago, and I eventually caved in and started watching it (even though it was during that LOOOOONG filler period before Shippuden) and I'm glad I did. So many people told me about how epic One Piece is on here to the point that I just gave in, and I'm glad I did. I'm currently in the middle of the Fishman Island Arc and I totally know why everyone likes it.

So, to end my rant, what Anime/Manga do you think is the hardest to get someone to read, watch, and eventually like?
Vigorous and gallant....
Let's sing together
Namimori middle school!

Hibari: This signature is now perfect. If you so much as add one more word, I'll bite you to death.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hibari: I'm so going to get you for this.

Last edited by WindScar22; 03-11-2012 at 10:17 PM.
WindScar22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:14 PM   #2
NBT
Banned

NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: What's the Hardest Anime/Manga to get Someone to Watch/Read/Like?

Anything that isn't already widely known.
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:45 PM   #3
Viceroy
Chunin Exam Participant

Viceroy is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Someone told me to watch Claymore but (sorry claymore fans) I hated the first episode and so never finished it. Just avoided the subject with my friend as to keep peace. I like Bobobobobobobbo bo. But I don't think I could get certain friends to stay interested in that one.
Brown chicken brown cow.
Cousins: dancool55, Itachi-Sama, deidara330
Little Sister: NARUTARD93, 2hyper4u
Brother: Naruto50, chidori sensei, Cade
Granddaughter: animelover
Rogue Ninja
Shinobi: The Saga
JOIN THE FORUM DINER CLUB
Dinner, Discussion, and Beer
Viceroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:47 PM   #4
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindScar22 View Post
So, what Anime/Manga do you think is the hardest to get someone to watch, read, and eventually like?

Personally, I think Bleach is one of the easiest to do so, because Bleach reeks of male AND female fanservice.

The hardest to do so is both One Piece and Katekyo Hitman Reborn!. I say this because One Piece and Reborn! are like being a Christian. You have to be a Christian to know why we think the way we do and why we love God and Jesus. You have to be a One Piece and a Reborn! fan to know why it is as excellent as everyone says it is.

I've been fighting with my cousin, who is female, over getting her to like One Piece and Reborn!. She thinks that they are too silly. Well, in fact, they start off silly, but slowly get action-packed. You have to read them through to the last available chapter to decide whether you like them or not. One Piece and Reborn! both were very silly to start off with, because their respective authors, Eiichiro Oda and Akira Amano, didn't plan for them to become as popular as they did. When they did, they continued the story and it indeed was as epic as the fans thought it would become.

I hate it that people tried to gag One Piece down her throat at her high school so MANY times that she got mad and decided not to read it because trying to shove a Manga down her throat makes her annoyed to the point that she WON'T read it. She's really missing out.

Plus, here's what I told her. I told her, "If someone tries to tell you OVER AND OVER that you should read blah and blah Manga, then there's a reason WHY they recommended it to you. They wouldn't recommend it to you if they didn't have a reason why they liked it."

I was annoyed at how popular Naruto was in America some years ago, and I eventually caved in and started watching it (even though it was during that LOOOOONG filler period before Shippuden) and I'm glad I did. So many people told me about how epic One Piece is on here to the point that I just gave in, and I'm glad I did. I'm currently in the middle of the Fishman Island Arc and I totally know why everyone likes it.

So, to end my rant, what Anime/Manga do you think is the hardest to get someone to read, watch, and eventually like?

I'm Christian myself but really that was a pretty random comparison.
And I think it's going a bit too generalized. I mean you could
say the same thing about really any manga or any religion.

Hell I could do the same thing with atheism and um...DBZ

The hardest to do so is both Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z. I say this because both Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z are like being an Atheist. You have to be an atheist to know why we think the way we do and why we love Joe's Crabshack and Arby's. You have to be a atheist to know why Arby's is as excellent as everyone says it is.

except that I don't really know if atheists actually like arbys or joe's crabshack...or for that matter if anyone does.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:10 AM   #5
Sakurafan18
Chunin Exam Participant

Sakurafan18 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT View Post
Anything that isn't already widely known.

So if something isn't well known that makes it bad?

Sakurafan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:08 AM   #6
ChidoriBarrage
Freshmen Academy Student

ChidoriBarrage is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

school rumble its so funny i tried to get my friend to watch it but it didnt seem that funny to him
ChidoriBarrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:57 PM   #7
deidara#1
Pun-isher

deidara#1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!deidara#1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurafan18 View Post
So if something isn't well known that makes it bad?
You misunderstood. He was saying its hard to get people into unknown anime/manga.
deidara#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:07 PM   #8
A7XNaruHina
Genin

A7XNaruHina saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

sometimes those with a longer amount of episodes/chapters makes a person not feel like watching it.
Forum gf: KimikoUchiha
Crazy Student: medlnic15 :3
naruhinaforever
A7XNaruHina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:54 AM   #9
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

One piece definitely, it's more story and emotionally driven than other more action orientated series like Naruto or bleach.

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:51 PM   #10
JLI2infinity
Chunin Exam Proctor

JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

I honestly think One Piece. I just can't get into it, I see the characters, the drawing and animation style, the fight scenes and they just look ridiculous and this is coming from the guy who just raved about Zatch Bell. I watched about 35 episodes of One Piece and I still saw NO action, and a bunch of corny jokes and outrageous character development. I feel like I'm watching a childhood cartoon not like Bleach and Naruto where there is blood, sacrifice, and sadness. I'm pretty sure one of the early villains was a freakin clown, literally.

BUT I could see myself getting into One Piece if someone would be kind enough to point out the episodes I actually need to watch to understand future plot developments and skip me over the unnecessary fluff. It was the same thing I did to get my friend into Bleach. I told him to watch the first 3 episodes to understand the Bleach universe then to skip the next 15 where Ichigo's essentially reliving the adventures of Yusuke and Kuwubara as a makeshift spirit detective and go straight to the Soul Society Arc.
JLI2infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:29 PM   #11
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I feel like I'm watching a childhood cartoon not like Bleach and Naruto where there is blood, sacrifice, and sadness
I'm not gonna knock your opinion on this because this is exactly how I felt,but when it was amazing after i gave it a chance. One piece isn't a linear plot of being defeated by a big boss and then getting stronger with some new mode or hidden ability. One piece isn't just about getting a legendary treasure,it's about the exploits of a pirate captain who acts childish,but has the principles of a king.

Like I said there isn't a huge focus on fight animation especially in the early part of the series,but it's not to say there's no sacrifice or darkness to one piece. There's hints at rape, there's massacre, and pride as the plot progresses. The fight at marine ford which has action which is worthy of a series ender actually has luffy lose big time. Unlike naruto where he gets depressed and becomes coated with kurama's power or bleach where ichigo becomes a fullbringer because of tears. No luffy actually gets way over his head and is helpless to save even himself later on.

What makes one peice great is luffy admits he's a helpless half wit,but he doesn't falter just as naruto or ichigo.

Damn I went on too much and didn't even make a refined argument for one piece xD

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:33 AM   #12
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

I suppose it's hardest to get people away from the typical Shounen series like the HST.
Very reason why they don't read the likes Shingeki no Kyojin due to despite being categorized as Shounen has a majorly dark theme and craps on the usual Shounen standards.

Typcial Shounen:
Guys>>>>>>>>>>>Girl
Plot no Jutsu
Random Powerup.
Nakama Force.

Shingeki no Kyojin:
None of that.
Mikasa and Annie are what every mangaka should look up to in terms of female characters.
Strong-willed instead of the usual weak or cute behaviour.
Heck part from the 50m Titan Annie is the strongest character thus far stomping people with Muay Thai like moves.
Meanwhile Mikasa is the strongest Rookie only topped by Rivaille who seems to retire.
Compare Sakura or Orihime to this:
Spoiler:

Isayama's sketch:
Spoiler:

And as said, strong willed.
Even defending her friends with her life against the soldiers she fights for.
Only typical female trait she has is her secret love for her adoptive brother.

Meanwhile characters drop left and right and Isayama even has the balls to kill of named characters and hurt them.
Rivaille lost his fiancee in battle, then her father (Who didn't know she died) told him their marriage was cancelled cause she still has her life in front of her.
All the while kids watch them regarding the Legion as heroes and wanna join them cause their too small to understand that they get slaughtered constantly.

With that said the hardest ones to get into are the ones who are not clichee driven cause they are so different from the usual.

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.

Last edited by Vivi; 06-01-2012 at 02:46 AM.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:42 AM   #13
ILIKEPIE
ILIKETURTLES
WS-Genin

ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

those animes were the girls are tough instead and the guys are weak. Strange how both genders can't be tough at the same time.

Spoiler:

Quote:
pie like pies XD (put this in your siggy and I give free pie)

Kani wuuuuuuz here.
IG was here
ILIKEPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:55 AM   #14
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILIKEPIE View Post
those animes were the girls are tough instead and the guys are weak. Strange how both genders can't be tough at the same time.
Shingeki no Kyojin craps on that as both genders are very close.

Mikasa = Strongest Rookie and is a girl.
Rivaille = Strongest Human Fighter
Annie = 4th strongest Rookie, capable to take out Elite Soldiers, strongest character in Titan Form part from the colossal Titan, possibly the most intelligent character shown sofar.
Eren = 5th strongest Rookie,Titan Form is only topped by Annie and Coloss.
Sasha = Outspeeds everyone except Rivaille.

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:02 AM   #15
ILIKEPIE
ILIKETURTLES
WS-Genin

ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Erza Scarlet is still one of the toughest females in anime and this pose is epic
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Quote:
pie like pies XD (put this in your siggy and I give free pie)

Kani wuuuuuuz here.
IG was here
ILIKEPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:49 PM   #16
Vocaloid
Special Jonin Candidate

Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, definitely.

The art style of the show turns many people off because they simply refuse to acknowledge it as an anime just because of the style.
"ZOMG that's not anime! It looks like a cartoon!" Yeah uh that's the point. The whole thing is meant to be a tribute to Western cartoons, which Drawn Together being named as an inspiration.

Which brings me to my next point.
The humor and randomness is another turn off, which I can understand, because gross humor and dead baby comedy isn't in everyone's tastes. Yet some of the people I show it to love South Park and Family Guy, but they didn't like it too. As for the randomness, well, its Gainax. You shouldn't be surprised if you know of their movie Dead Leaves.

Vocaloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:55 PM   #17
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Awards Showcase

Gainax.....-_-

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:29 PM   #18
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade

Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

^The hell is that?

I'd say HxH or KHR. OP at times too

Uchiha Sora is offline   Reply With Quote