Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Games

Naruto Games We're all about games in this section -- all Naruto games, that is.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2012, 08:14 AM   #1
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade
 
Uchiha Sora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chocolate Droppa
Posts: 10,298
Rep Power: 20
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Storm Generations Advanced Technique Thread

Hitstun State Cancelling
Spoiler:

Hitstun state cancelling is when you cancel the hitstun of your opponent with an action. My favorite is doing multiple air combos in the air

For example. Most people cancel about half way through an air combo to do another. You just waste chakra that way, and it BARELY increases the damage you do. But with Hitstun State Cancelling, you can do MORE.

Most air combos if not all end air combos end in a spike. The spike usually does the most damage. About half the damage of the entire air combo. At the VERY last hit of the air combo(the spike), you can c.dash cancel, and cancel the falling hitstun of the opponent and leave room for another combo,air combo, jutsu, and even ultimate for the characters that have fast ones such as PTS Kiba.

There are other ways to cancel too. Like using supports. For example, in the middle of my air combo, I call in Karin and she sprays her pink mist. When I spike the opponent down, they run into the mist and start getting hit by it, leaving them open to my next attack choice.

Have you ever noticed that when you and your supports attack(support uses a jutsu and you're comboing), sometimes they don't get knocked back, but still take the damage and you can keep comboing? Thats because your combo cancelled the sliding hitstun before it happened. I found this myself while using Ao as my support.

If you don't understand, I can show you in a match. The timing isn't easy, and its different for every character because of the longer and shorter air combos.


Ninja Move Cancel Ultimates
Spoiler:
Ninja Move Cancel Ultimates(NMC Ult) are when you ninja move out of a combo and use an ultimate.

Have you ever noticed parts of a combo when the opponent is:
A)Smacked on the ground and they bounce up
B)Pulled/Knocked so they trip and move towards or away from you
C)Knocked up in the air and they can't tech out
D)Just stunned for a long time in general
Well, you can ninja move out of these sections and use an ultimate! If your opponent has no subs, its a guaranteed hit as long as they don't call supports before you use the ultimate.

So when you get to that point in the combo where they get stunned this is what you do:
Triangle+Triangle->X+X(in any direction, depends on the combo. Some people require a certain direction for cancelling in order to land the ultimate i.e Haku needs to jump backwards once to nail the timing), then O. And there ya go! If you do this well enough, with certain characters you can make it look like you randomly busted out an ultimate from a combo, leaving the opponent saying "WTH!?"

This is also a great defense. When your opponent subs your combo,NMC,then use your ultimate! Many people attempt to chakra dash after they sub, so its a sure hit sometimes.
I have over 20 replays of me doing this with Gaara, about 10 with PTS Kiba, and one or two with TS Kiba, and all the Narutos lol



Don't understand something? Ask a question or I can even show you in a match. But only PS3 users. I don't have the game for Xbox atm.

More techniques to come
__________________


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Uchiha Sora; 05-01-2012 at 08:37 AM.
Uchiha Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:53 AM   #2
VirtualAlex
Genin Elite
 
VirtualAlex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 469
Rep Power: 8
VirtualAlex saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via AIM to VirtualAlex
Default Re: Storm Generations Advanced Technique Thread

Can you explain again how to do the ninja move cancel ult?

You double charge chakra while still combing, then you hit jump twice to ninja move and ult?

Does this require you to be performing your combo very slowly and deliberately so you have the freedom to ninja move? Or can you simply ninja move out of a combo anytime? I am not totally sure.
__________________
XBL: AK Motion, Twitter: @VirtualAlex,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
VirtualAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:57 AM   #3
megabbaut
Debby Downer
 
megabbaut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dish town...filled with fish
Posts: 8,800
Rep Power: 0
megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Default Re: Storm Generations Advanced Technique Thread

Yeah, you can ninja move out of a combo anytime.

I remember when I hitstun state canceled people sliding into an ultimate with Killer Bee back in Storm 2.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My theme:
YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
My Battle Theme:
YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
GT & PSN: VesicantDegree1
megabbaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:59 AM   #4
VirtualAlex
Genin Elite
 
VirtualAlex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 469
Rep Power: 8
VirtualAlex saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via AIM to VirtualAlex
Default Re: Storm Generations Advanced Technique Thread

Can I cancel the combo even if I buffer like 100x "B" into it? O_o
__________________
XBL: AK Motion, Twitter: @VirtualAlex,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
VirtualAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:59 AM   #5
megabbaut
Debby Downer
 
megabbaut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dish town...filled with fish
Posts: 8,800
Rep Power: 0
megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Default Re: Storm Generations Advanced Technique Thread

Of course.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My theme:
YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
My Battle Theme:
YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
GT & PSN: VesicantDegree1
megabbaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:04 AM   #6
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade
 
Uchiha Sora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chocolate Droppa
Posts: 10,298
Rep Power: 20
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Storm Generations Advanced Technique Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualAlex View Post
Can you explain again how to do the ninja move cancel ult?

You double charge chakra while still combing, then you hit jump twice to ninja move and ult?

Does this require you to be performing your combo very slowly and deliberately so you have the freedom to ninja move? Or can you simply ninja move out of a combo anytime? I am not totally sure.
Double charge chakra,Ninja move as you normally would, and then press circle.

Actually I'm not sure if you need to press X twice. If your in a combo, I don't think you need to double tap x to ninja move as long as you have the direction input

Nope it doesn't need to be done slowly, although I suggest doing it slowly to get the feel for it first. Work on speed later after you know exactly when to do it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualAlex View Post
Can I cancel the combo even if I buffer like 100x "B" into it? O_o
Yup.Mega's got it right. Although you can't ninja move out of some parts of some combos. For example the end of one of haku's combos when he surrounds the opponent in an ice cage.

I know a lot of the combos where people can NMC ult so if you want to know one for your main I can tell you if they have one or not
__________________


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Uchiha Sora; 05-01-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Uchiha Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:17 AM   #7
VirtualAlex
Genin Elite
 
VirtualAlex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 469
Rep Power: 8
VirtualAlex saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via AIM to VirtualAlex
Default Re: Storm Generations Advanced Technique Thread

I will be trying this for sure next time I play. I never even considered ninja move out of a combo before.
__________________
XBL: AK Motion, Twitter: @VirtualAlex,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
VirtualAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:18 AM   #8
sasori2701
Special Jonin Candidate
 
sasori2701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Chilling with some tunes.
Posts: 2,357
Rep Power: 5
sasori2701 has completed a tough C-rank mission!sasori2701 has completed a tough C-rank mission!sasori2701 has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: Storm Generations Advanced Technique Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Sora View Post
Double charge chakra,Ninja move as you normally would, and then press circle.

Actually I'm not sure if you need to press X twice. If your in a combo, I don't think you need to double tap x to ninja move as long as you have the direction input

Nope it doesn't need to be done slowly, although I suggest doing it slowly to get the feel for it first. Work on speed later after you know exactly when to do it.



Yup.Mega's got it right. Although you can't ninja move out of some parts of some combos. For example the end of one of haku's combos when he surrounds the opponent in an ice cage.

I know a lot of the combos where people can NMC ult so if you want to know one for your main I can tell you if they have one or not
How abt for Kimimaro, Haku, Obito, and Young Kakashi. Ik its alot of work so just put what you can. Honestly i dont know who my best is..
__________________
The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go..

Suffer long and it will set you free
Only through trial do we find the strength we need
It's never over, just another day
Of hope and tragedies and everything that comes our way


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sasori2701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:49 AM   #9
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade
 
Uchiha Sora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chocolate Droppa
Posts: 10,298
Rep Power: 20
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Storm Generations Advanced Technique Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasori2701 View Post
How abt for Kimimaro, Haku, Obito, and Young Kakashi. Ik its alot of work so just put what you can. Honestly i dont know who my best is..
Sadly Kimimaro doesn't have one. D:

Haku has one on the second last hit of his down combo. NMC back wards(one back flip) The hit right before he jumps and smacks them down. You can probably do it with a left/right ninja move but i don't remember

Obito has two IIRC. In his neutral and up combo, both require a backwards NMC. One back flip is necessary for both. I'm pretty sure for both of them its the hit where he kicks them in the air.

I honestly cannot say for Young Kakashi. Only used him once or twice, and that was for the story mode lmao I think he can in his neutral combo but I'm not sure where or when
__________________


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Uchiha Sora; 05-01-2012 at 09:53 AM.
Uchiha Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:49 AM   #10
What The Toast
Genin Elite
 
What The Toast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nowhere Pleasant
Posts: 429
Rep Power: 6
What The Toast saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via MSN to What The Toast
Default Re: Storm Generations Advanced Technique Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Sora View Post
Hitstun State Cancelling
Spoiler:

Hitstun state cancelling is when you cancel the hitstun of your opponent with an action. My favorite is doing multiple air combos in the air

For example. Most people cancel about half way through an air combo to do another. You just waste chakra that way, and it BARELY increases the damage you do. But with Hitstun State Cancelling, you can do MORE.

Most air combos if not all end air combos end in a spike. The spike usually does the most damage. About half the damage of the entire air combo. At the VERY last hit of the air combo(the spike), you can c.dash cancel, and cancel the falling hitstun of the opponent and leave room for another combo,air combo, jutsu, and even ultimate for the characters that have fast ones such as PTS Kiba.

There are other ways to cancel too. Like using supports. For example, in the middle of my air combo, I call in Karin and she sprays her pink mist. When I spike the opponent down, they run into the mist and start getting hit by it, leaving them open to my next attack choice.

Have you ever noticed that when you and your supports attack(support uses a jutsu and you're comboing), sometimes they don't get knocked back, but still take the damage and you can keep comboing? Thats because your combo cancelled the sliding hitstun before it happened. I found this myself while using Ao as my support.

If you don't understand, I can show you in a match. The timing isn't easy, and its different for every character because of the longer and shorter air combos.


Ninja Move Cancel Ultimates
Spoiler:
Ninja Move Cancel Ultimates(NMC Ult) are when you ninja move out of a combo and use an ultimate.

Have you ever noticed parts of a combo when the opponent is:
A)Smacked on the ground and they bounce up
B)Pulled/Knocked so they trip and move towards or away from you
C)Knocked up in the air and they can't tech out
D)Just stunned for a long time in general
Well, you can ninja move out of these sections and use an ultimate! If your opponent has no subs, its a guaranteed hit as long as they don't call supports before you use the ultimate.

So when you get to that point in the combo where they get stunned this is what you do:
Triangle+Triangle->X+X(in any direction, depends on the combo. Some people require a certain direction for cancelling in order to land the ultimate i.e Haku needs to jump backwards once to nail the timing), then O. And there ya go! If you do this well enough, with certain characters you can make it look like you randomly busted out an ultimate from a combo, leaving the opponent saying "WTH!?"

This is also a great defense. When your opponent subs your combo,NMC,then use your ultimate! Many people attempt to chakra dash after they sub, so its a sure hit sometimes.
I have over 20 replays of me doing this with Gaara, about 10 with PTS Kiba, and one or two with TS Kiba, and all the Narutos lol



Don't understand something? Ask a question or I can even show you in a match. But only PS3 users. I don't have the game for Xbox atm.

More techniques to come
Your Hitstun state cancel is copied almost word for word from a darkmusician tutorial video, like literally there are 2 paragraphs that is EXACTLY what they said in the video. If you are going to steal other peoples work please give credit.
__________________
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

GT is What The Toast, add me if you want to play Naruto Storm Generations or something.

NUNSG Mains: Kisame, Sasori, Kakuzu
What The Toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:13 AM   #11
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade
 
Uchiha Sora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chocolate Droppa
Posts: 10,298
Rep Power: 20
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Storm Generations Advanced Technique Thread

My cousin taught me how to do this on the past weekend... I don't know where HE got it from.

I'll always give credit where it is due. I'll go look on YouTube later and see it... If what you say is true then I'll gladly give credit and maybe even post the video here.

I mean do you honestly think id type that whole long ass essay when there was a video that shows everything for me lol I just copied my cousins explanation who apparently copied someone wlse's explanation
__________________


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Uchiha Sora; 05-02-2012 at 04:32 AM.
Uchiha Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:46 AM   #12
sasori2701
Special Jonin Candidate
 
sasori2701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Chilling with some tunes.
Posts: 2,357
Rep Power: 5
sasori2701 has completed a tough C-rank mission!sasori2701 has completed a tough C-rank mission!sasori2701 has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: Storm Generations Advanced Technique Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Sora View Post
Sadly Kimimaro doesn't have one. D:

Haku has one on the second last hit of his down combo. NMC back wards(one back flip) The hit right before he jumps and smacks them down. You can probably do it with a left/right ninja move but i don't remember

Obito has two IIRC. In his neutral and up combo, both require a backwards NMC. One back flip is necessary for both. I'm pretty sure for both of them its the hit where he kicks them in the air.

I honestly cannot say for Young Kakashi. Only used him once or twice, and that was for the story mode lmao I think he can in his neutral combo but I'm not sure where or when
Ahh well thanks alot dude. Obito is one of my best. And i DONT spam anyhting with him like fireball lol. Well young Kakashi is prolly best but Obito might become my main
__________________
The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go..

Suffer long and it will set you free
Only through trial do we find the strength we need
It's never over, just another day
Of hope and tragedies and everything that comes our way


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sasori2701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:12 AM   #13
What The Toast
Genin Elite
 
What The Toast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nowhere Pleasant
Posts: 429
Rep Power: 6
What The Toast saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via MSN to What The Toast
Default Re: Storm Generations Advanced Technique Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Sora View Post
My cousin taught me how to do this on the past weekend... I don't know where HE got it from.

I'll always give credit where it is due. I'll go look on YouTube later and see it... If what you say is true then I'll gladly give credit and maybe even post the video here.

I mean do you honestly think id type that whole long ass essay when there was a video that shows everything for me lol I just copied my cousins explanation who apparently copied someone wlse's explanation


Here is the video, there are no official Naruto images or videos so I don't think it is against the rules.

And if anyone else is interested, watch their tutorial videos, they are very helpful and informative.
__________________
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

GT is What The Toast, add me if you want to play Naruto Storm Generations or something.

NUNSG Mains: Kisame, Sasori, Kakuzu
What The Toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:22 PM   #14
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade
 
Uchiha Sora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chocolate Droppa
Posts: 10,298
Rep Power: 20
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Storm Generations Advanced Technique Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasori2701 View Post
Ahh well thanks alot dude. Obito is one of my best. And i DONT spam anyhting with him like fireball lol. Well young Kakashi is prolly best but Obito might become my main
If you have Ps3, I can show you them. But there could be videos of them on YouTube. NMC Ult is what I call it so it may be under something else..

@Toast thanks I'll add it to the OP later
__________________


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Uchiha Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:10 AM   #15
Sasori Red Sand
Apprentice Genin
 
Sasori Red Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: York the New One
Posts: 107
Rep Power: 0
Sasori Red Sand is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Storm Generations Advanced Technique Thread

@Sora

Wow! Grant you it'll take a lot of practice to get the timing down.

@Toast

Double Wow! That video is really informative. I'm likely going to use Karin as a Assist a little more.
__________________
PSN: Cozy2626
NUNSG Current top 3: Sasori, Haku, Kabutomaru
Sasori Red Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:46 PM   #16
Sasori Red Sand
Apprentice Genin
 
Sasori Red Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: York the New One
Posts: 107
Rep Power: 0
Sasori Red Sand is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Storm Generations Advanced Technique Thread

Sora I found some videos that cover your method for every character. This may help folks,

(Part 1)
(Part 2)

There are some really insane combos in these vids. Some that Sora already mentioned and a few others. Like Haku's Jutsu into an ultimate. o_O That's just crazy! Hard to master the timing, but if I could any time I land a jutsu with Haku would be DOOOOOOMMMM! O_O
__________________
PSN: Cozy2626
NUNSG Current top 3: Sasori, Haku, Kabutomaru
Sasori Red Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:55 PM   #17
Housh
Genin
 
Housh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Washington
Posts: 283
Rep Power: 5
Housh saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Re: Storm Generations Advanced Technique Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasori Red Sand View Post
Sora I found some videos that cover your method for every character. This may help folks,

(Part 1)
(Part 2)

There are some really insane combos in these vids. Some that Sora already mentioned and a few others. Like Haku's Jutsu into an ultimate. o_O That's just crazy! Hard to master the timing, but if I could any time I land a jutsu with Haku would be DOOOOOOMMMM! O_O
My fave combo is to get someone without subs, land a combo cancel it like teice, then land Hidan, chakra charge and boom Kisames super water shark bomb ultimate is going to work
Housh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.