Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Narutoverse

Narutoverse For all the debates involving characters from the Naruto series.

Old 05-15-2012, 04:00 PM   #41
AlitCandlez
Ninja Academy Student

AlitCandlez is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: People underestimate Hidan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321zigzag3 View Post
Hidan moves his scythe by controlling with his coil of rope with an expert usage of skill.

That is why when Hidan's coil was destroyed by Shikamaru's initial explosive tag attack Hidan was forced to wield it like a regular weapon.
I remember it being attached to another blade, then Asuma destroying that. Then he connected it to himself. I then remember him using it as a normal weopon. Can you please tell me when the rope got destroyed?
AlitCandlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:06 PM   #42
AlitCandlez
Ninja Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
No, the scythe controls Hidan. When the rope was broke, the sycthe had to be in Hidan's hand so it could control him.

I might be going on a limb here, but I think the scythe is Jashin.

I've been thinking. Why doesn't everybody worship Jashin? For religion you need faith, or to believe without showing. With Jashinism you see the results with Hidan. This should make everybody convert to Jashin after witnessing his immortality.

Last edited by AlitCandlez; 05-15-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:08 PM   #43
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlitCandlez View Post
I remember it being attached to another blade, then Asuma destroying that. Then he connected it to himself. I then remember him using it as a normal weopon. Can you please tell me when the rope got destroyed?
No the scythe was attached to the coil of rope.

Asuma never destroyed it. He only destroyed the two giant kunais Hidan got from the Two Elite Chunin stabbing him.

Recall the scenario when Shikamaru threw the explosive kunai at the duo?

Kakuzu used his Earth Spear while Hidan used his metal coil of rope to deflect the blast.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
321zigzag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:09 PM   #44
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

^I don't see what point you're trying to make.
As for the topic, I have been disproved by the scans you showed me, however that doesn't change the fact that Hidan isn't underestimated.

The fact that he doesn't knowingly utilize these reactions and speed that you speak of when Shikamaru is in front of him (he could've blitzed him or ran away.) is surprising, you know, since he has such great speed feats, or so you claim. :P

Last edited by Shikamaru Nara; 05-15-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:11 PM   #45
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

TheBlackChidori is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Did I ever say that it moves on its own or did you bring that up.
Yeah.

Quote:
Hidan's scythe, which moves freely even if his arm is still, will not work if his arm does not move.
TheBlackChidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:12 PM   #46
AlitCandlez
Ninja Academy Student

Quote:
No the scythe was attached to the coil of rope.

Asuma never destroyed it. He only destroyed the two giant kunais Hidan got from the Two Elite Chunin stabbing him.

Recall the scenario when Shikamaru threw the explosive kunai at the duo?

Kakuzu used his Earth Spear while Hidan used his metal coil of rope to deflect the blast.
Oh. Thanks
Old 05-15-2012, 04:13 PM   #47
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
As for the topic, I have been disproved by the scans you showed me, however that doesn't change the fact that Hidan isn't underestimated.

The fact that he doesn't knowingly utilize these reactions and speed that you speak of when Shikamaru is in front of him (he could've blitzed him or ran away.) is surprising, you know, since he has such great speed feats, or so you claim. :P
Hidan is invincible.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
Old 05-15-2012, 04:13 PM   #48
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:

I've been thinking. Why doesn't everybody worship Jashin? For religion you need faith, or to believe without showing. With Jashinism you see the results with Hidan. This should make everybody convert to Jashin after witnessing his immortality.
There is only one scythe. Only one person gets those powers at once.

My theory is flawless.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:15 PM   #49
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

Awards Showcase

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
Old 05-15-2012, 04:15 PM   #50
AlitCandlez
Ninja Academy Student

Quote:

Don't you listen to Hidan when he is blabbering? He uses the ritual when ever he can. That is why he used the ritual to kill Asuma, and attempted the ritual on Shikamaru. Yes, He could have easily stabbed Shikamaru while avoiding his shadow, but that goes against his morals.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:17 PM   #51
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Don't you listen to Hidan when he is blabbering? He uses the ritual when ever he can. That is why he used the ritual to kill Asuma, and attempted the ritual on Shikamaru. Yes, He could have easily stabbed Shikamaru while avoiding his shadow, but that goes against his morals.
But Shikamaru isn't fast so that's not impressive. He couldn't destroy any higher tier ninja unless he uses the ritual, that's his only chance. Even Asuma remarked that Hidan's Scythe isn't made for killing someone.

Problem is, he's not going to hit any high tier ninjas.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:18 PM   #52
AlitCandlez
Ninja Academy Student

@ BlackChidori

Freely =/= mind of it's own.

I can move my arm freely, does that mean it has a mind of its own. If it gets cut off, then I hold it in my other hand to swing at people, then it no longer moves freely.

This is a good comparison to Hidan's scythe.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:18 PM   #53
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

No, it goes against his physical ability. Especially to hit anyone fast.

As far as we know, Kishi still thinks Haku is lightspeed.
So I'm not going to be convinced of this just by what Hidan, an extension of Kishi, said.

Is that my only argument? Yeah, but it's the only one I need.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #54
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

Awards Showcase

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
Old 05-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #55
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

Quote:
He's the guy from Billy and Mandy, right?
I bet he could kill Hidan.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #56
AlitCandlez
Ninja Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackChidori View Post
But Shikamaru isn't fast so that's not impressive. He couldn't destroy any higher tier ninja unless he uses the ritual, that's his only chance. Even Asuma remarked that Hidan's Scythe isn't made for killing someone.

Problem is, he's not going to hit any high tier ninjas.
Sharingan prediction is a HUGE advantage in close combat right? Even if another person is faster than you, since you see their moves before they happen, it means you will probably win. With all this remember his fight with Kakashi. Hidan would have got Kakashi's blood if he still had his metal chord.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:23 PM   #57
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
@ BlackChidori

Freely =/= mind of it's own.

I can move my arm freely, does that mean it has a mind of its own. If it gets cut off, then I hold it in my other hand to swing at people, then it no longer moves freely.

This is a good comparison to Hidan's scythe.
I don't get how that makes him any stronger.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:24 PM   #58
JLI2infinity
Chunin Exam Proctor

JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:

It's probably the problem of them having to become sadistic masochists that murder innocent people with sexual excitement, I think that price is a little steep for immortality.
JLI2infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:25 PM   #59
AlitCandlez
Ninja Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackChidori View Post
I don't get how that makes him any stronger.
I'm just responding to your message. If you are trying to say that the scythe doesn't make him stronger then you have failed.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:25 PM   #60
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

Awards Showcase

Quote:
He's the guy from Billy and Mandy, right?
I bet he could kill Hidan.

Quote:
Sharingan prediction is a HUGE advantage in close combat right? Even if another person is faster than you, since you see their moves before they happen, it means you will probably win. With all this remember his fight with Kakashi. Hidan would have got Kakashi's blood if he still had his metal chord.
Well take in mind Kakashi was also worn out a bit by then but their taijutsu exchange seemed to show they were similar but yes the cord was gone by then.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer

Tags
underestimate hidan