Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Narutoverse

Narutoverse For all the debates involving characters from the Naruto series.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:30 PM   #21
AlitCandlez
Ninja Academy Student

AlitCandlez is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: People underestimate Hidan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
No it means seal as in stuck in a drawing

Not if Sai SHaft bind Hidan's arms THe snakes can even bind Sasuke for a while, meaning Hidan can do nothing while Sai Shaft activates the tiger seal. In any case, the snakes are certainly stronger than Shikamaru's shadow binding and sticking, and Sai Shaft never needs to get anywhere near Hidan. That is the power of his technique.
According to you:

Hidan's scythe, which moves freely even if his arm is still, will not work if his arm does not move.

Sai's ink drawings, which we have seen easily repelled, are strong enough to restrain a sadistic, immortal, acrobatic man. They are so strong that Shikamaru's technique isn't even as strong.

Sai's technique we have seen been repelled.

Shikamaru's shadow has never been countered. One it has that person, there has been no way shown to get out. The only escape is if Shikamaru gets tired.
AlitCandlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:33 PM   #22
sasori2701
Special Jonin Candidate

sasori2701 has completed a tough C-rank mission!sasori2701 has completed a tough C-rank mission!sasori2701 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Sai got alot better at his drawings. Techniques i shoulda said. And Shikamaru's really isnt as strong. Keyword AS. It is very powerful though

Suffer long and it will set you free
Only through trial do we find the strength we need
It's never over, just another day
Of hope and tragedies and everything that comes our way

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sasori2701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:34 PM   #23
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlitCandlez View Post
According to you:

Hidan's scythe, which moves freely even if his arm is still, will not work if his arm does not move.

Sai's ink drawings, which we have seen easily repelled, are strong enough to restrain a sadistic, immortal, acrobatic man. They are so strong that Shikamaru's technique isn't even as strong.

Sai's technique we have seen been repelled.

Shikamaru's shadow has never been countered. One it has that person, there has been no way shown to get out. The only escape is if Shikamaru gets tired.
This is the most ridculous thing I have ever read. Withdraw it immediately.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:38 PM   #24
AlitCandlez
Ninja Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasori2701 View Post
Sai got alot better at his drawings. Techniques i shoulda said. And Shikamaru's really isnt as strong. Keyword AS. It is very powerful though
That's impossible. If Shikamaru was Naruto and had infinite determination, with a huge amount of chakra, since Naruto would not get tired for a long time, the jutsu would never wear off.

Maybe I should say it like this

A snake can get cut, but a shadow can't.

Can you even explain how Hidan would get caught in the first place? You never said anything about his scythe.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:44 PM   #25
AlitCandlez
Ninja Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
This is the most ridculous thing I have ever read. Withdraw it immediately.
No.

When I say something I mean it. I'm see the fight right now.

Hidan walks over to Asuma to finish him off. When Hidan gets close, Asuma attempts to slash him. This results in a failure. Hidan jumps back, while smiling. While he is flying back (Note: His arms are not doing anything special) his scythe magically flys towards him.

This magical scythe seems to be connected to Hidan himself. He controls it without using any effort.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:28 PM   #26
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

TheBlackChidori is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlitCandlez View Post
No.

When I say something I mean it. I'm see the fight right now.

Hidan walks over to Asuma to finish him off. When Hidan gets close, Asuma attempts to slash him. This results in a failure. Hidan jumps back, while smiling. While he is flying back (Note: His arms are not doing anything special) his scythe magically flys towards him.

This magical scythe seems to be connected to Hidan himself. He controls it without using any effort.
Untrue. If that was the case and it worked like Gaara's sand, as you're saying it moves of its own will or by some connection to Hidan, then Shikamaru's Shadow Possession wouldn't effect Hidan's ability to use his scythe. Unlike Gaara, who could still use his sand under possession.
TheBlackChidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:33 PM   #27
AlitCandlez
Ninja Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackChidori View Post
Untrue. If that was the case and it worked like Gaara's sand, as you're saying it moves of its own will or by some connection to Hidan, then Shikamaru's Shadow Possession wouldn't effect Hidan's ability to use his scythe. Unlike Gaara, who could still use his sand under possession.
Remember when I said Kishi dumbed down Hidan for the second fight? Check again. The rope is removed.

Remember, unlike Gaara's sand the scythe is connected to Hidan. We have never even seen Gaara in a possession before, so you can't even make that assumption.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:36 PM   #28
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Gaara was possessed in the hospital bro, when he tried to kill Lee. You're the one making assumptions.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:39 PM   #29
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I think Hidan's scythe is smarter than Hidan. I am sure it has BA in literature at least. Who agrees?

Old 05-15-2012, 03:40 PM   #30
AlitCandlez
Ninja Academy Student

Quote:
Gaara was possessed in the hospital bro, when he tried to kill Lee. You're the one making assumptions.
Oh I forgot,but you just killed your own case. lol.

Hidans scythe is physically connected to him. That means their shadows are connected.

You should remember that being restrained physically is different than being restrained with Shadow Clone Jutsu.

Last edited by AlitCandlez; 05-15-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:42 PM   #31
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Shadow Clones?

What case? Gaara was caught in Shadow Possession jutsu. Used sand.
Hidan was caught in Shadow Possession jutsu. Didn't use scythe.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:43 PM   #32
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Clearly the best way to fight Hidan is restain his Scythe. That's the brains of the operation. Then he will be helpless.

Old 05-15-2012, 03:44 PM   #33
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

The kitty sig makes all your posts seem lighthearted and sweet.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:48 PM   #34
AlitCandlez
Ninja Academy Student

Quote:
Shadow Clones?

What case? Gaara was caught in Shadow Possession jutsu. Used sand.
Hidan was caught in Shadow Possession jutsu. Didn't use scythe.
Gaara can control sand by embedding it with chakra.

Hidan can control his scythe by unknown means. It is safe to assume that the scythe is connected to his physically.

If someone wrapped snakes around him physically, the scythe can still move because user does not have restrictions to the scythe.

One operates on Chakra, while one is unknown.

Shadow Clone jutsu makes it so that the possessed must do the same as the user. If someone has a third arm (connected to the person physically), it will be unactive.

If someone has a special sand that he manipulates with his mind, then that person can still use that.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:50 PM   #35
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
The kitty sig makes all your posts seem lighthearted and sweet.
That's because I am light hearted and sweet.

Old 05-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #36
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

It's unknown, exactly. The idea that his scythe can move on its own is clearly your own opinion because you saw a non-canon anime scene where it seemed to move on its own. It's also not a snake, it's a Scythe.

You keep saying Magic, I'm not sure they taught us about that at the academy.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #37
AlitCandlez
Ninja Academy Student

Nobody forget that this guy has super speedy recovery in the Jashin Circle, and that his body is so strong, that is has been damaged significantly only by being surrounded in explosive tags.

Can such a person be restrained by snakes?
Old 05-15-2012, 03:57 PM   #38
AlitCandlez
Ninja Academy Student

Quote:
It's unknown, exactly. The idea that his scythe can move on its own is clearly your own opinion because you saw a non-canon anime scene where it seemed to move on its own. It's also not a snake, it's a Scythe.

You keep saying Magic, I'm not sure they taught us about that at the academy.
Did I ever say that it moves on its own or did you bring that up. I simply said he can control it without moving himself (that includes his arm) physically.

Manga or Anime, he still had the scythe which operates the same way.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:58 PM   #39
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Hidan moves his scythe by controlling with his coil of rope with an expert usage of skill.

That is why when Hidan's coil was destroyed by Shikamaru's initial explosive tag attack Hidan was forced to wield it like a regular weapon.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
321zigzag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:59 PM   #40
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

No, the scythe controls Hidan. When the rope was broke, the sycthe had to be in Hidan's hand so it could control him.

I might be going on a limb here, but I think the scythe is Jashin.

Tags
underestimate hidan