Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion

Naruto Manga Discussion All the latest discussions about the Naruto manga (beware, spoilers abound).

Old 05-11-2012, 04:31 PM   #1
Mizukage
Genin

Mizukage saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!Mizukage saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default The other half of the Ninetail's chakra

Okay this is a concept that has really bugged me. It has been mentioned discreetly several times that Naruto has only half of the ninetail's chakra. And then we see this for sure when Minato seals half the ninetail's chakra in himself when he uses the dead demon consuming seal, supposedly the Yin half. This just feels important to me, but it hasn't shown up as an issue yet. So here are my questions:

Why DID Minato seal half the ninetail's chakra away and give half to naruto?

Does Tobi know this happened?

Will it effect Tobi's Eye of the Moon plan? Can they make the 10-tails without the full power of the 9-tails?

Is it more likely for Naruto to survive the bijuu being ripped from him if there is only half a bijuu in there?

Is it important that Minato sealed the Yin portion of Kurama? (AND WHERE IS IT THAT IT WAS THE YIN PORTION ANYWAY I JUST HEAR PEOPLE SAY THAT A LOT)

Will Naruto need to find some way to get the sealed half of Kurama's power? Is it even possible? (Izanami?)

Supposedly the souls that are both consumed by the death God are locked in battle in its stomach for all eternity... Does that mean Minato is trapped in there? Not to mention the 3rd. (I feel like Naruto wouldn't let this happen if he found out.)

LASTLY How awesome would naruto be if he got the other half of Kurama's chakra? I mean he's already totally awesome without it!
Mizukage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:22 PM   #2
kalmeast
April's Member of the Month

kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: The other half of the Ninetail's chakra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizukage View Post
Okay this is a concept that has really bugged me. It has been mentioned discreetly several times that Naruto has only half of the ninetail's chakra. And then we see this for sure when Minato seals half the ninetail's chakra in himself when he uses the dead demon consuming seal, supposedly the Yin half. This just feels important to me, but it hasn't shown up as an issue yet. So here are my questions:

Why DID Minato seal half the ninetail's chakra away and give half to naruto?
YES

Does Tobi know this happened?
Probably
Will it effect Tobi's Eye of the Moon plan? Can they make the 10-tails without the full power of the 9-tails?
It wouldn't affect The moon eye plan. The ten tails can still be made perhaps without it's original power.

Is it more likely for Naruto to survive the bijuu being ripped from him if there is only half a bijuu in there?
it wouldn't make a difference. The seal is the major factor.

Is it important that Minato sealed the Yin portion of Kurama? (AND WHERE IS IT THAT IT WAS THE YIN PORTION ANYWAY I JUST HEAR PEOPLE SAY THAT A LOT)
chp 503 onwards. Yes, it's important, baby naruto was too little to be able to host the full chakra of the 9 tails

Will Naruto need to find some way to get the sealed half of Kurama's power? Is it even possible? (Izanami?) H
He probably doesn't need it

Supposedly the souls that are both consumed by the death God are locked in battle in its stomach for all eternity... Does that mean Minato is trapped in there? Not to mention the 3rd. (I feel like Naruto wouldn't let this happen if he found out.)
There's nothing he can do...besides he can't use that shinigami jutsu because he's a jinchuriki and jinchurikis can't use that jutsu

LASTLY How awesome would naruto be if he got the other half of Kurama's chakra? I mean he's already totally awesome without it!
it'd just be a drag....cus he'd have to tame that "even more evil" chakra.

Naruto chp 666 features the Sage Of The 6 Paths.

Last edited by kalmeast; 05-11-2012 at 10:26 PM.
kalmeast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:32 PM   #3
Russ-san
Freshmen Academy Student

Russ-san is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Word. I'm ready for this portion of the plot to come out in the manga.
Russ-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:48 AM   #4
Haku Uchiha
Special Jonin Candidate

Haku Uchiha has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Haku Uchiha has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Haku Uchiha has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Haku Uchiha has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Haku Uchiha has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Haku Uchiha has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Haku Uchiha has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Haku Uchiha has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

The Yin half was only the form of the Nine tails his body, that is why when he got it sealed he got smaller because his form was lost
Spoiler:
and also when Naruto entered BM that's why the Nine tails didn't have a form

Do you like Pokemon?
Do you like to play Pokemon games?
Well then if you answered yes to anyone of those questions then open the spoiler...
Spoiler:
Go to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and if you join and they ask if a member recommended you then my name is Haku_Uchiha53 ENJOY!!!!!
Haku Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:51 AM   #5
kalmeast
April's Member of the Month

kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

^ i doubt that
Nine-tail had a form which we saw when he Naruto fought Pein. It almost came out completely.

What we see now as chakra is because he is still inside naruto's body. Should he come out, he'd manifest flesh and bones...

Naruto chp 666 features the Sage Of The 6 Paths.
kalmeast is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
bijuu, chakra, half, kurama, naruto, ninetails, tobi