Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Games

Naruto Games We're all about games in this section -- all Naruto games, that is.

Old 04-17-2012, 06:56 PM   #21
Kunoichi
Easily Bribed

Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.
Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Why do people spam?

I spam, there for I am.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spoiler:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kunoichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:38 PM   #22
Housh
Genin

Housh saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Its easier than just being legit good
Housh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:24 AM   #23
SageKakashi
Genin

SageKakashi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Spammers are the scum of Naruto online.
SageKakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:28 AM   #24
sasori2701
Special Jonin Candidate

sasori2701 has completed a tough C-rank mission!sasori2701 has completed a tough C-rank mission!sasori2701 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageKakashi View Post
Spammers are the scum of Naruto online.
completly agree.

Suffer long and it will set you free
Only through trial do we find the strength we need
It's never over, just another day
Of hope and tragedies and everything that comes our way

sasori2701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:08 AM   #25
Georgiosu-kun
Genin Elite

Georgiosu-kun has completed a tough C-rank mission!Georgiosu-kun has completed a tough C-rank mission!Georgiosu-kun has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Just keep on mind that some people aren't aware that they're spamming...most of them do it on purpose though...
Georgiosu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:56 AM   #26
Kiez
Veteran Chunin

Kiez is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I wouldn't say they are scum lol. Bit harsh.

Kiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:03 AM   #27
sasori2701
Special Jonin Candidate

sasori2701 has completed a tough C-rank mission!sasori2701 has completed a tough C-rank mission!sasori2701 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

well still.. they dont need to spam. I admit with some characters its tempting but still.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:14 PM   #28
What The Toast
Genin Elite

What The Toast saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via MSN to What The Toast

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDUB View Post
I don't understand why. They paid $60 to hit two buttons lol. I was doing ranked matches, about 10, and I only had two good matches. The rest were sasuke or masked man spammers. I tried playing a Hero and he picked Gaara and used Sand Shower the whole game! Its just annoying when your trying to have fun with your friends then someone spams you. I just dont get it.
If you are trying to have fun with your friends why are you playing ranked?

GT is What The Toast, add me if you want to play Naruto Storm Generations or something.

NUNSG Mains: Kisame, Sasori, Kakuzu
What The Toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:46 PM   #29
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade

Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

^Endless matches. I let Randoms come in sometimes. They spam. I then proceed to kick their ass.

Uchiha Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:15 PM   #30
Taka-hebi1
Special Jonin Candidate

Taka-hebi1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Taka-hebi1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Taka-hebi1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Taka-hebi1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Taka-hebi1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

If I go into Kimimaro Awakened and hit you twice with Clematis dance:The Flower and The Vine is that spamming.

Taka-hebi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:16 PM   #31
Housh
Genin

im all for doin a move alot because u time it and you know youre gonna hit it but just pounding x with diedara or killing y b with masked man is what im talkin bout. no timing no brain, just pounding 2 buttons
Old 04-18-2012, 07:26 PM   #32
Housh
Genin

Like to most people im a Guy spammer but I hit it more than I miss and its such a good move. But I time it and if people say im spamming I just tell em why I did it so much. Oh you like the dash after I sub your combo, well thats why you got hit 9 times by dynamic entry. You like to jump every second of the match? Ok thats probably why I hit your stupid self 9 times wit dynamic entry.lol Theres a difference between spamming and just doing a move you know will work alot.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:37 PM   #33
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade

Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

I just don't like Gai turtlers

Uchiha Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:31 PM   #34
Sasori Red Sand
Apprentice Genin

Sasori Red Sand is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

^ This.

All they do is hang back and spam Dynamic Entry. I remember one match when I noticed he was literally running to the edge of the ring whenever he could and just stood there blocking. I stopped and just stood there blocking then after about 20 seconds I let down my guard and just ran in circles while he just stood there. Then finally he tossed a few shurikan and went back to blocking. So in turn I just stood across the stage from him for the rest of the match.

Dynamic Entry is the only move some people do, I mean literally they won't throw one punch just spam triangle and circle or Y and B. Others don't even take a risk and wait for you to attack before spamming that move where they will literally sit across from you the whole match doing nothing. That's not timing it that's being a spammer and a turtle. I've fought some really good Guy's who do time the move, and also actually use other attacks, and chain combos. But I've met a lot more spammers. Luckily they aren't a huge problem if you play defensively, just insanely annoying.

When they turtle though they become pretty problematic depending on your character, because they will behave in a similar manner to that Tenten that was mentioned who ran away the whole match after landing one good hit. While they don't necessarily run away they don't engage you at all and just spam the jitsu in their favor, which makes them a real pain for characters like Minato or Naruto, or kid Kakashi, who have very limited ranged jitsu's.

Your only option at that point is to start flinging shurikans, which is just lame.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:00 AM   #35
VirtualAlex
Genin Elite

VirtualAlex saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via AIM to VirtualAlex

"Spam" is a state of mind.

It is an artificial label people put on a move or set of moves to deem them "inferior" or "less skillful" without having any basis.

From the point of view of the "spammer" they are simply using the "best move" or "best character" because they feel it increases their chances to win.

From the point of view of the "crybaby" they are intentionally exploiting a tactic or move that the crybaby has branded cheap, although that opinion exists only in the crybabies mind.

It's okay to not like people who always pick the best character and do the best move. But spam is generally just the strategy that optimizes your chance of winning. If your goal is to "not spam" then it's your call.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:23 AM   #36
SageKakashi
Genin

SageKakashi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Alex I must disagree.
If the intent of the creators was to repetitively use your ninjutsu they wouldn't have bothered adding combo sets.
Calling someone a spammer isn't being a "cry baby", it's putting a label on those who use little to no skill in battling you.
SageKakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:41 AM   #37
sasori2701
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualAlex View Post

It is an artificial label people put on a move or set of moves to deem them "inferior" or "less skillful" without having any basis.

From the point of view of the "spammer" they are simply using the "best move" or "best character" because they feel it increases their chances to win.

From the point of view of the "crybaby" they are intentionally exploiting a tactic or move that the crybaby has branded cheap, although that opinion exists only in the crybabies mind.

It's okay to not like people who always pick the best character and do the best move. But spam is generally just the strategy that optimizes your chance of winning. If your goal is to "not spam" then it's your call.
not to be rude or a crybaby but i agree with sagekakashi. if me complaining about someone using one move constantly and maybe throwing in a grab once then back to spam makes me a crybaby then i wonder what that makes them. I mean the point isnt to use one move to guarentee victory and if their a spammer then their the crybaby. i mean they are the ones who cant handle losing so bad that they use dirty cowardly tactics to insure victory. Yea they are soooo skilled

Old 04-19-2012, 07:20 AM   #38
Sasori Red Sand
Apprentice Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualAlex View Post

A basis for the label has been thoroughly established. You say crybaby I see someone who wants to actually have fun with the game. Tomato/Tomoto...

Utilizing your assists for combos and ultimate's, assessing your opponents chakra and substitution bars and planning several steps ahead, even taking a blow to hang on to the one last substitution knowing your opponent has none only to bust out a 40 hit combo. That's skill in that it makes the game engaging.

Using a move over and over and over that has an obvious development flaw that was overlooked by the devs is spamming to put it kindly. I won't say exploiting since the devs obviously didn't put too much effort into balancing a Naruto game, which is a very popular franchise and will sell even if it hasn't been properly balanced. Grant you considering the franchise it's balanced pretty well I will say. It is a fun game, and I think most Naruto fans would enjoy it. I certainly do for most part. I will say though, I do avoid the "best characters."

Y'see that's the thing. There should never be a "best character." The fact you said that is just ridiculous. Perhaps a character that is strong against "Character A" that's weak against "Character B." We'll call that character, "Character C." Then perhaps "Character A" while weak against Character C." may be strong against "Character B." That's typically how more mainstream fighting games, even MMO's for that matter when it comes to classes balance things. So in the end while one may have slight advantage over another in the end it really comes down to *drum roll* skill.

Now the game is okay balance wise, and from what I heard a huge improvement over Storm 2, but it still does have a few gaping issues that went overlooked. Despite that it is a fun game, so long as you don't care about losing to the occasional "opportunist" who seems to derive fun not from the gameplay but from their win record. Once again I don't exactly think being #1 in a "Naruto" fighting game is brag worthy, but for some it seems to be their life blood. Which is kinda silly imo.

Whatever, do what you got to do to win, just realize that after you get your precious win off me using dirty tactics that anyone with a lick of common sense can comprehend, there is a good chance I will blacklist you and never fight you again. Why? Well from your perspective it's because I am a "crybaby" from mine however it's because you take the fun out of the game. Furthermore I wouldn't have much fun in the game using your tactics either, and likely wouldn't even play the game and re-sell. However as a Naruto fan, and because I have the option to play how I want, and against who I want the game is overall fun and fast paced even if it's not the most sophisticated fighter, but in a way that's what I enjoy about it.

Now are people sometimes mislabeled spammers? Yes most certainly, usually from sore losers. Does this happen a lot? Probably, it's a great excuse to use when your e-ego gets hurt. Does that mean spamming doesn't exist and is merely the concoction of a bunch of sore loser "crybabys" as you put it? No. It doesn't take a genius to see some serious design flaws, and that people DO exploit them to get that extra win. Me personally? I never rage quit, I never say anything nasty, I just make a note of the player I've caught spamming and refuse to ever fight them again, unless they actually apologize, but c'mon the devil is more likely to ice-skate than getting an apology from someone who spammed me, especially since when I lose in that fashion I never throw a fit about it, or even contact the person in question.

Last edited by Sasori Red Sand; 04-19-2012 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Major typos
Sasori Red Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:27 AM   #39
sasori2701
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasori Red Sand View Post
A basis for the label has been thoroughly established. You say crybaby I see someone who wants to actually have fun with the game. Tomato/Tomoto...

Utilizing your assists for combos and ultimate's, assessing your opponents chakra and substitution bars and planning several steps ahead, even taking a blow to hang on to the one last substitution knowing your opponent has none only to bust out a 40 hit combo. That's skill in that it makes the game engaging.

Using a move over and over and over that has an obvious development flaw that was overlooked by the devs is spamming to put it kindly. I won't say exploiting since the devs obviously didn't put too much effort into balancing a Naruto game, which is a very popular franchise and will sell even if it hasn't been properly balanced. Grant you considering the franchise it's balanced pretty well I will say. It is a fun game, and I think most Naruto fans would enjoy it. I certainly do for most part. I will say though, I do avoid the "best characters."

Y'see that's the thing. There should never be a "best character." The fact you said that is just ridiculous. Perhaps a character that is strong against "Character A" that's weak against "Character B." We'll call that character, "Character C." Then perhaps "Character A" while weak against Character C." may be strong against "Character B." That's typically how more mainstream fighting games, even MMO's for that matter when it comes to classes. So in the end while one may have slight advantage over another in the end it really comes down to *drum roll* skill.

Now the game is okay balance wise, and from what I heard a huge improvement over Storm 2, but it still does have a few gaping issues that went overlooked. Despite that it is a fun game, so long as you don't care about losing to the occasional "opportunist" who seems to derive fun not from the gameplay but from their win record. Once again I don't exactly tbeing #1 in a "Naruto" fighting game is brag worthy, but for some it seems to be their life blood. Which is kinda silly imo.

Whatever, do what you got to do to win, just realize that after you get your precious win off me using dirty tactics than anyone with a lick of common sense can comprehend, there is a good chance I will blacklist you and never fight you again. Why? Well from your perspective it's because I am a "crybaby" from mine however it's because you take the fun out of the game. Furthermore I wouldn't have much fun in the game using your tactics either, and likely wouldn't even play the game and re-sell. However as a Naruto fan, and because I have the option to play how I want, and against who I want the game is overall fun and fast paced even if it's not the most sophisticated fighter, but in a way that's what I enjoy about it.

Now are people sometimes mislabed spammers? Yes most certainly, usually from sore losers. Does this happen a lot? Probably, it's a great excuse to use when your e-ego gets hurt. Does that mean spamming doesn't exist and is merely the concoction of a bunch of sore loser "crybabys" as you put it? No. It doesn't take a genius to see some serious design flaws, and that people DO exploit them to get that extra win. Me personally? I never rage quit, I never say anything nasty, I just make a note of the player I've caught spamming and refuse to ever fight them again, unless they actually apologize, but c'mon the devil is more likely to ice-skate than getting an apology from someone who spammed me, especially since when I lose in that fashion I never throw a fit about it, or even contact the person in question.
thats what im trying to say lol

Old 04-19-2012, 08:27 AM   #40
Sasori Red Sand
Apprentice Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasori2701 View Post
thats what im trying to say lol
I have a bad habit of delivering the LONG version, as you find I don't do concise well. LOL