Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Anime Discussion

Naruto Anime Discussion General discussions about the Naruto anime series. Do not spoil content that has not been aired in an episode in this forum!

Old 04-05-2012, 09:07 PM   #1
Wind Style Naruto
Special Jonin Candidate

Wind Style Naruto has completed a tough C-rank mission!Wind Style Naruto has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Opening 11 "Totsugeki Rock" by CRO-Mignons Review + Ending 21

Okay we all saw the new opening today so here is a review about.

Okay I'll list the good, the bad, and the bonus.

The Good: The animation was beast. It was amazing and the visuals was the best ever seen in the entire Naruto anime and tops as one of the best animation in anime opening history. The action scenes like Hinata & Neji's + Kiba & Akamaru with his sister and her dogs combo attack was beast & Mifune's slash was beast. Even the part showing Madara(Tobi) plus his Akatsuki army was epic.

The Bad: The song.....SUUUUUCCCKKKKEDDD!!!!!! Now the song was pretty catchy and cool but this is about a war arc it needs to sound remotely serious but it wasn't the song it was the moment. They just used the wrong song..NO...the wrong band period. Before the opening even aired & I looked up who was signing the new opening(CRO-mignons)....I knew or had a great feeling that this song will suck but at least the opening as a whole didn't suck. I mean even though the opening before this one......was....well retarded at least the song was good..I even jammed out to that song...this song though catchy you will NEVER & i mean NEVER see me jam out to this song. You will never see anyone who has shame jam out to this song.

The Bonus: The parts that showed Mifune slashing, Hinata+Neji combo, & the Inuzuka Combination appears IMO seems to be random & like each episode they might change that to 3 different scenes of other characters. Just a prediction though. StudioPierrots animation budget for Naruto must've gotten higher after they dropped Bleach(for now).

Now final analysis: The visuals and animation were top-notch but the song was out of place & didn't fit in(sorta like that one Bleach opening during Arrancar/Fake Karakura Town arc). Maybe if it wasn't the war arc maybe it would be considered an awesome opening but I give it a......
C+

Now the ending.

Its obvious that its MUCH better than the opening. The animation though amazing wasn't as good as the opening's animation but still amazing nonetheless. The song however was amazing and is the sole reason(& the feel of it) why its better than the opening IMO. Plus it isn't another NarutoXSasuke theme but more Naruto VS Sasuke. Though their relationship is cute and all but we all just wanna see Naruto & Sasuke beat the sh*t out of each other and go all out. The parts with Hinata & Sakura was cute and cool too as it goes in contrast with Naruto VS Sasuke of the ending. Plus the song is amazing. Though the Naruto openings get more disappointing the endings just keeps getting better and better it might even have some of the best endings I've ever seen in anime(since most animes focuses on openings more).

Anyway a A-

You can give your opinion too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Its basically Devil May Cry(or Bayonetta) meets Dead or Alive meets Streets of Rage meets Street Fighter meets Power Stone meets Vanquish in gameplay but in essence its DragonBall Z meets One Piece meets Berserk meets Naruto.

Here is the thread:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wind Style Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:11 PM   #2
Biggs Darklighter
Chunin Exam Participant

Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Opening 11 "Totsugeki Rock" by CRO-Mignons Review + Ending 21

I pretty much agree with your assessment of the new opening and ending. However, I thought it was high time for a new opening. I got tired of the last one.

The new ending song is called "Cascade" by UNLIMITS.
Biggs Darklighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:47 PM   #3
Wind Style Naruto
Special Jonin Candidate

Wind Style Naruto has completed a tough C-rank mission!Wind Style Naruto has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggs Darklighter View Post
I pretty much agree with your assessment of the new opening and ending. However, I thought it was high time for a new opening. I got tired of the last one.

The new ending song is called "Cascade" by UNLIMITS.
Yeah know what the new ending is called. Just never felt like posting it.

I agree with you but anything but what StudioPierrot gave us this time. Heck even Newsong by tacica was a nice song.

Well I guess I can't blame Cro-Mangons since they're a 80s Japanese rock band but its a shame that they're using a 80s rock band for a 21st century anime/show.

The animation is good...well they are using the Bleach animation team(since its over) now for Naruto....so watcha expect.

Its basically Devil May Cry(or Bayonetta) meets Dead or Alive meets Streets of Rage meets Street Fighter meets Power Stone meets Vanquish in gameplay but in essence its DragonBall Z meets One Piece meets Berserk meets Naruto.

Here is the thread:

Old 04-06-2012, 01:51 PM   #4
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK
Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK

Awards Showcase

Ending>opening
Maruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:26 PM   #5
SuperChoji
Chunin

SuperChoji is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

i just wish that kishi aknowledge'd hinata and naruto together.... im still morbidly pissed about the ending of the pein arc. kishi didnt even make naruto thank hinata at the very least for what she did.

"MaMa always told me life's like a box of
Chocolates."
FOREST GUMP FTW
if i had eyes like ITACHI... i just dont know
proud member and sponcer of NOTHING
danzo is NNNNOT an Uchia
Quote:

is a Narutard!
i beg to differ sweetheart BELIEVE IT
Quote:
I hope your manhood shrivels up and dies from a vicious, itchy STD.
Now that's just plain MEAN

SuperChoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:34 PM   #6
MinatoXNaruto
Veteran Chunin

MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

^^That entire arc was horribly written. But getting back to the main point, I thought they could've made Naruto look more epic instead of running through and dodging mines like a big retard. That would be okay for PTS Naruto, but this is a new and improved Naruto. At least show RM mode or something and show Sasuke's EMS for christ sakes, not just a puddle of him. They showed too many fodder ninja instead of the top dogs like they should. The Konoha 11 only have like half an episode of screen time in this entire war and they're being paraded around like they actually did . Don't even get me started on the fist pumping. What the hell was that about?!?!? I could go on and on about what they could've done better in this opening. I give the opening a C-

Last edited by MinatoXNaruto; 04-07-2012 at 10:37 PM.
MinatoXNaruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:59 AM   #7
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

C'mon! Hinata? For real?
She's not his type,she's quite,shy and let's say boring which is just the opposite of him.
(Yeah,i know that opposite things attract each other but not in this case)
He wants a girl who's more...how should i say...energetic.
Maruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:53 AM   #8
Glass Pineapples
Academy Graduate

Glass Pineapples saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

There were parts that reminded me of soldiers marching, actually. I'm mostly just glad for a new opening, because everything about the last one was retarded.

The ending is my second favorite of the ones I've seen.
Glass Pineapples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:39 AM   #9
Wind Style Naruto
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinatoXNaruto View Post
^^That entire arc was horribly written. But getting back to the main point, I thought they could've made Naruto look more epic instead of running through and dodging mines like a big retard. That would be okay for PTS Naruto, but this is a new and improved Naruto. At least show RM mode or something and show Sasuke's EMS for christ sakes, not just a puddle of him. They showed too many fodder ninja instead of the top dogs like they should. The Konoha 11 only have like half an episode of screen time in this entire war and they're being paraded around like they actually did . Don't even get me started on the fist pumping. What the hell was that about?!?!? I could go on and on about what they could've done better in this opening. I give the opening a C-
Yeah that is probably better off for the next opening.

Well did they did introduce like 20+ random Edo Tensei(or Ninja Zombies) that werent in the manga. So probably will do ...well Sai, Ino, Choji, & Shikamaru did do something big in this war.

Well with all the filler edos they will probably put in filler fights that were never in the manga so this war will be extended by a lot of episodes. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if Naruto doesn't come out in the next opening.

I thought the dodging mines part was sorta cool plus everyone else was doing. The part I found retarded was him flying into the air and bashing that rock.

Here is the thread:

Old 04-11-2012, 06:41 PM   #10
kuzer
Academy Graduate

kuzer saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

I actually like the new opening, it's grown on me. It's a lot better opening 10.

Tobi: (to Sasuke) You're alive, aren't you?!
kuzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #11
MinatoXNaruto
Veteran Chunin

MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Style Naruto View Post
Yeah that is probably better off for the next opening.

Well did they did introduce like 20+ random Edo Tensei(or Ninja Zombies) that werent in the manga. So probably will do ...well Sai, Ino, Choji, & Shikamaru did do something big in this war.

Well with all the filler edos they will probably put in filler fights that were never in the manga so this war will be extended by a lot of episodes. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if Naruto doesn't come out in the next opening.

I thought the dodging mines part was sorta cool plus everyone else was doing. The part I found retarded was him flying into the air and bashing that rock.
It wasn't bad, it's just at least they could've made him look epic doing it instead of flopping around like he would've done 3 years ago.

MinatoXNaruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:04 PM   #12
Wind Style Naruto
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinatoXNaruto View Post
It wasn't bad, it's just at least they could've made him look epic doing it instead of flopping around like he would've done 3 years ago.
I wouldn't say he was flopping around.

Here is the thread:

Old 04-11-2012, 07:33 PM   #13
Lasting Bonds
Freshmen Academy Student

Lasting Bonds is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I agree the song should be more serious and the animation is definitely beast should've been a song by FLOW in my opinion.. Sign was my favorite opening ever and that was by FLOW...more flow = happier me
Lasting Bonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:08 AM   #14
Uzumaki Mako
Academy Graduate

Uzumaki Mako is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

i give the opening -Z and the ending -A
Uzumaki Mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:02 AM   #15
Kyūbi no Yōko
Special Jonin Candidate

Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyūbi no Yōko

Ending was A++++++
Opening was A- / B.

I liked the part were Naruto made that awesome Wind Style kind of Rasengan o.o

Welcome to reality.

~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~

universe.

Last edited by Kyūbi no Yōko; 04-12-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Kyūbi no Yōko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #16
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
Aiding Kakashi, Yamato, & Iruka

Location: Konohagakure, with the people dearest to me. Aiding Kakashi on the battlefield and saving Yamato!
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Both were ok. about 7.2/10

but i usually learn to like em more after i watch more eps

and i just noticed a Kakashi look-alike in the intro

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
03-02, 13:09 The Immortal Watch Dog
You got Daph Rice, everyone got her
She's one of my psycho's
she's Cults banner girl
[1/7/2014 9:25:36 AM] Tuus Deus(CoP): I know Daph spends all her time staring at Kakashi pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality
Kakashi pretending to get stabbed by Obito because he's such a nice guy and doesn't want Obito to feel about about sucking so much
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality
I would just like you to know that I am awesome.
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
I disagree. The best way to get rep from Daph is to be me.

Last edited by Kakashi Hatake_Yamato; 04-19-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is online now   Reply With Quote