Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Narutoverse

Narutoverse For all the debates involving characters from the Naruto series.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:55 AM   #1
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

TheBlackChidori is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Awards Showcase

Default Hiruzen Hype Down

So in the latest chapter, Madara Uchiha hails Hashirama as the strongest Kage to ever live. One popular belief among BGers is that because Kabuto said Hiruzen was the strongest in Part 1, Hiruzen Prime must > Hashirama.

But now that we have up-to-date proof from someone who was actually alive then, we can safely say that even with hype and prime, Hashirama > Hiruzen.
TheBlackChidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #2
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Hiruzen Hype Down

Well, given that Hiruzen lost to Orochimaru and Orochimaru can't do squat to Uchihas, that really has always been implied.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wooster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:55 AM   #3
PuffPuffPanda
Apprentice Genin

PuffPuffPanda saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Except Madara never said he was the strongest of all kage. He said Hashirama was the strongest of his time, people of his time called him the strongest shinobi, and that nobody in the current era could compare to his powers (Naruto can be an exception).

Interestingly Hiruzen comfortably avoids all of that, so "technically" his hype can still be considered valid. although i wouldnt be surprised at all if Kishi just went and retconned all of that
PuffPuffPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #4
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

From what we ahve seen of former Kages. They are all stronger than the current crop.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:08 AM   #5
tsuki
Special Jonin Candidate

tsuki has completed a tough C-rank mission!tsuki has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
Well, given that Hiruzen lost to Orochimaru and Orochimaru can't do squat to Uchihas, that really has always been implied.
Hiruzen may have lost, but he was holding his own for most of the fight. And he was an old man fighting against a former student whom he didn't really want to kill. So Hiruzen in his prime is much stronger than what grampa Hiruzen showed in the manga.

B/W FC: 0948-1677-3569
tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:06 PM   #6
LUCKY.KAKASHI
Chunin Exam Participant

LUCKY.KAKASHI saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

it is simple

hashi hype coms from madara and kabuto , while 3th hyp coms from fodder like iruka < which mean ps
Old 03-05-2012, 12:38 PM   #7
sarutobi17
Special Jonin Candidate

sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

First:
Orochimaru who had no known restrictions in his battle with hiruzen.who had two Edo tensei kages fighting hiruzen for him.who fought and underestimated a old man who was far beyond his prime.-(meaning hiruzen) who also lost his Edo tensei kages after there souls were seperated from there bodies and nearly got sealed himself by this old man who held his own despite his age and diminished chakra level.

Going by what occurred during that battle.orochimaru got beat and Would have had his soul removed and sealed if it weren't for the kusinagi sword of his that can levitate and move on his command.

^this portion is in response to woosters first post.

Second:
Hiruzen's hype was mentioned by kabuto as well wasn't it?didn't he in part one believe that even in his old age,kabuto himself thought he was the strongest of the five current kages?and not just what iruka has mentioned in part 1.

^this portion in response to lucky kakashi.

However I do agree with woosters second post.
"Ever my heart rises as we draw near the mountains. There is good rock here. This country has tough bones. I felt them in my feet as we came up from the dike. Give me a year and a hundred of my kin and I would make this a place that armies would break upon like water. ...Sleep! I feel the need of it. Yet my axe is restless in my hand. Give me a row of orc-necks and room to swing and all weariness will fall from me!"-Gimli {LOTR}

Last edited by sarutobi17; 03-05-2012 at 12:48 PM.
sarutobi17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #8
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

WHy should Hiruzen be much stronger? Onoki is even older and he hasn't weakened.
Not like Hiruzen was throwing out his back during the battle.

And none of that changes the fact that Orochimaru quickly lost to weak Uchiha when Hashirama beat the strongest Uchiha.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #9
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Why are people still relying on hype? As if it's valid

goodness me
The Immortal Watch Dog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:32 AM   #10
Midnight789
Chunin

Midnight789 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

hmmmm. I dont think Madara Knew of The Third, did he???

If im correct. The Third was just a student of the First and Second that time!, soooo
Midnight789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:48 AM   #11
MinatoXNaruto
Veteran Chunin

MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
WHy should Hiruzen be much stronger? Onoki is even older and he hasn't weakened.
Not like Hiruzen was throwing out his back during the battle.

And none of that changes the fact that Orochimaru quickly lost to weak Uchiha when Hashirama beat the strongest Uchiha.
Who's a weak uchiha? Hopefully you're talking about Obito, because Itachi is far from being weak. I believe his genjutsu ocular powers to be the strongest ever of any uchiha we know about, only falling to Shisui of course

MinatoXNaruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:17 AM   #12
Rasen_Chidori
The Smiling Assassin
Konoha Historian

Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

The thing that bugs me about all this Hashirama hyping is that he was pretty weak when Orochimaru revived him. Hiruzen well past his prime fought on par with him AND Tobirama for a while and easily sealed them both.

From evidence Raikage, Minato, Prime Hiruzen and possibly Onoki, Gaara, Second Mizukage and Mu could all beat Hashrama.

Even on hype I still think Minato would beat him seeing as he has no notible speed feats and Minato could probably slit his throat before he could do anything about it.

Make your getaway, make your getaway
Break free from a fate that is far too sad
Rasen_Chidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:06 PM   #13
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Orochimaru admitted to toying with Hiruzen throughout the fight.

Plus Hashirama didn't receive the part 2 treatment.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
321zigzag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #14
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen_Chidori View Post
The thing that bugs me about all this Hashirama hyping is that he was pretty weak when Orochimaru revived him. Hiruzen well past his prime fought on par with him AND Tobirama for a while and easily sealed them both.
I'm assuming the Resurrection came out very half assed due to Oro not being as good at it as the second Hokage and but snake boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinatoXNaruto View Post
Who's a weak uchiha? Hopefully you're talking about Obito, because Itachi is far from being weak. I believe his genjutsu ocular powers to be the strongest ever of any uchiha we know about, only falling to Shisui of course
pretty much this
The Immortal Watch Dog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:58 AM   #15
Cult of Personality
Super Banned

Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

He was talking about Sasuke not Itachi.

Quote:
I'm assuming the Resurrection came out very half assed due to Oro not being as good at it as the second Hokage and but snake boy
Nah, Kishimoto's just a hack.
Cult of Personality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:12 AM   #16
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinatoXNaruto View Post
Shisui says hi.