Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion

Naruto Manga Discussion All the latest discussions about the Naruto manga (beware, spoilers abound).

Old 03-05-2012, 09:30 AM   #1
Mizukage
Genin

Mizukage saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!Mizukage saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Lightbulb How to beat Naruto

Okay here's the deal. Tobi has supposedly been waiting around pretty much all of Naruto's life to collect the bijuu. He can basically appear anywhere and white Zetsu can go all over the place to spy for him as well, right? Plus white Zetsu witnessed the Naruto vs. Pain fight...So they must know Naruto a little bit AND they're dirty rotten evil guys who don't care about the means to their end...

So, my question is: Why hasn't Tobi figured out and used Naruto's OBVIOUS weakness? All he needs to do is take Sakura hostage and Naruto will totally go with him. Actually he could pretty much pick ANYONE (any member of the original Kanoha 11, Hinata, Kakashi, Konahamaru, or even some random 4 year old that Naruto doesn't even know!)

I know it's dirty, but I don't see why Tobi shouldn't exploit Naruto's morals. AND I know people think that if Tobi were to get his hands on Naruto for that space/time absorption technique it would end the story because he'd be toast, but I don't think that's necessarily true. See, I think Tobi would want to 1st and foremost get Naruto away from the others, but once that happens, Naruto could still fight again, whether it's in Tobi's head or some random place that actually exists where Tobi will take Sasuke to fight Naruto IDK.
Mizukage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #2
Phacade
Apprentice Genin

Phacade has completed a tough C-rank mission!Phacade has completed a tough C-rank mission!Phacade has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: How to beat Naruto

If thats the case, why not take Naruto before he ever enrolled in the Ninja academy? Storyline. All all comes down to, not the most convenient answer, but what makes the most dramatic storyline.

...granted a cool alternate storyline would have been if Naruto had been taken and raised by Tobi and a "good" Sasuke had to bring and "evil" Naruto back.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:35 AM   #3
--Coobreedan--
Apprentice Genin

--Coobreedan-- is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Tobi will read this and Naruto will fall for it.

Phacade is right though. But maybe that will happen one day. Maybe.
B Rank: 85
C Rank: Over 500
D Rank: Over 1000
--Coobreedan-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #4
JLI2infinity
Chunin Exam Proctor

JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

It's all about characterization not the most dramatic storyline, Tobi wants to demonstrate his enormous strength, he prescribes to the elder sage's philosophy of using force to control the world. He's not a win at all costs kind of guy, he has pride and wants a challenge, he wants the Shinobi Alliance to put all their efforts into defeating him just so they could realize how hopeless those efforts truly are. He could've easily kidnapped Sakura just like he could've easily assassinated Naruto that episode where he scared the s*** out of everyone by teleporting right into Naruto's bedroom. While he is ruthless he does not prescribe to the "by any means" philosophy," that in my opinion is why he is going to lose in the future, Danzo's pride didn't stop him from trying to reach his goal, Tobi's will.
JLI2infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:01 PM   #5
Fuuin
Genin Elite

Fuuin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Fuuin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Fuuin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Fuuin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizukage View Post
Okay here's the deal. Tobi has supposedly been waiting around pretty much all of Naruto's life to collect the bijuu. He can basically appear anywhere and white Zetsu can go all over the place to spy for him as well, right? Plus white Zetsu witnessed the Naruto vs. Pain fight...So they must know Naruto a little bit AND they're dirty rotten evil guys who don't care about the means to their end...

So, my question is: Why hasn't Tobi figured out and used Naruto's OBVIOUS weakness? All he needs to do is take Sakura hostage and Naruto will totally go with him. Actually he could pretty much pick ANYONE (any member of the original Kanoha 11, Hinata, Kakashi, Konahamaru, or even some random 4 year old that Naruto doesn't even know!)

I know it's dirty, but I don't see why Tobi shouldn't exploit Naruto's morals. AND I know people think that if Tobi were to get his hands on Naruto for that space/time absorption technique it would end the story because he'd be toast, but I don't think that's necessarily true. See, I think Tobi would want to 1st and foremost get Naruto away from the others, but once that happens, Naruto could still fight again, whether it's in Tobi's head or some random place that actually exists where Tobi will take Sasuke to fight Naruto IDK.

It would be so scandalous if Tobi pulled Konohamaru out of his pocketspace and dangled him around giving Naruto the option of surrendering himself or watch Konohamaru die.

It'd be reminiscent of Minato and baby Naruto when Tobi first attacked. Hostage situations haven't popped up too much in this series, none major any other than Kushina in the flash back and some filler stuff, and maybe some more I'm missing but anyway.

I likes this idear you have.
Fuuin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:34 PM   #6
JazzJunkie4
Veteran Chunin

JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

didn't gaara basically try this? Ya...
Old 03-05-2012, 08:02 PM   #7
JashinSama
Banned

JashinSama saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via Skype™ to JashinSama

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzJunkie4 View Post
didn't gaara basically try this? Ya...
Yeah, but Naruto doesn't necessarily have a trump card at the moment. He has the 9 beasts' chakra. What does that DO though?
JashinSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:18 PM   #8
ILIKEPIE
ILIKETURTLES
WS-Genin

ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

how to beat Naruto?

simple, challenge him to Spelling Bee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spoiler:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
pie like pies XD (put this in your siggy and I give free pie)

Kani wuuuuuuz here.
IG was here
ILIKEPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:51 PM   #9
JazzJunkie4
Veteran Chunin

JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JashinSama View Post
Yeah, but Naruto doesn't necessarily have a trump card at the moment. He has the 9 beasts' chakra. What does that DO though?
Doesn't he only have 7? Anyway, whatever it does do its safe to say it will increase his pnj.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:01 PM   #10
TetsuShatarii
Academy Graduate

TetsuShatarii is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Well maybe we'll see that happen when and if the konoha 11 finally reach the site of Naruto and Tobi's battle. Or maybe Tobi is just so cocky that he really does think that Naruto is nothing and even now he doesnt need to worry about him. Whose to say?
TetsuShatarii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:15 AM   #11
JashinSama
Banned

Quote:
Doesn't he only have 7? Anyway, whatever it does do its safe to say it will increase his pnj.
Go to Path Toward Radiance Page 3.

You see on the left, Naruto has 9 Tomoes surrounding him.

So he has all 9 beasts' chakra.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:18 AM   #12
JazzJunkie4
Veteran Chunin

Quote:
Go to Path Toward Radiance Page 3.

You see on the left, Naruto has 9 Tomoes surrounding him.

So he has all 9 beasts' chakra.
or that he's the nine tails' jinchurikee
Old 03-06-2012, 08:34 AM   #13
JashinSama
Banned

Quote:
or that he's the nine tails' jinchurikee
No, Kishi JUST showed that he learned ALL NINE of their names.

So I'm PRETTY SURE that he has all nine chakras.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:29 PM   #14
JazzJunkie4
Veteran Chunin

Quote:
No, Kishi JUST showed that he learned ALL NINE of their names.

So I'm PRETTY SURE that he has all nine chakras.
just because he knows their names doesn't mean that he magically acquired shukaku's and Eight tails' chakra. From what we've seen that power needs to be granted from the tailed beast and although B would give naruto some chakra in a heart beat, there is still no reason why he would have the one tails' and eight tails' chakra right now.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:45 PM   #15
Kyūbi no Yōko
Special Jonin Candidate

Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyūbi no Yōko

Lol, Zetsu doesn't know how Sakura behaves. Hard to know how. Naruto wouldn't be fooled so easily ...

Welcome to reality.

~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~

universe.
Kyūbi no Yōko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:13 PM   #16
Mizukage
Genin

Mizukage saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!Mizukage saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLI2infinity View Post
It's all about characterization not the most dramatic storyline, Tobi wants to demonstrate his enormous strength, he prescribes to the elder sage's philosophy of using force to control the world. He's not a win at all costs kind of guy, he has pride and wants a challenge, he wants the Shinobi Alliance to put all their efforts into defeating him just so they could realize how hopeless those efforts truly are. He could've easily kidnapped Sakura just like he could've easily assassinated Naruto that episode where he scared the s*** out of everyone by teleporting right into Naruto's bedroom. While he is ruthless he does not prescribe to the "by any means" philosophy," that in my opinion is why he is going to lose in the future, Danzo's pride didn't stop him from trying to reach his goal, Tobi's will.
This is the only reason that I see for why Tobi hasn't killed Naruto. I really think he meant it when he said in that one chapter to Sasuke that he would give him the chance to fight Naruto. I just think he wants to get the two of them somewhere where no one will interfere. That's why he's trying to grab and teleport him.
Mizukage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
capture, hostage, naruto, tobi, weakness