Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Battlegrounds HQ > The Graveyard

The Graveyard While you CAN endlessly debate some things, other threads need a place to stay buried. This friends, is that place.

Old 02-11-2012, 04:24 PM   #21
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

TheBlackChidori is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Awards Showcase

Default Re: BG Convo 37 Medi-cholorians greatest std ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321zigzag3 View Post
You really do desire one.

So you don't care if Hollywood messes it up? If they do that is.
Same outlook I had on the Harry Potter. It's a new way to enjoy a series I love. Even if it pales in comparison to the book, it's almost like seeing it for the first time again. And WoT is a series that's been HIGHLY underrated for 20 years now, when imo it's better then LotR. And that's coming from a guy who loves LotR.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #22
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Howards work are vastly underrated

having never read wheel of time I'm not flinching at the movie prospect but I'll prolly start reading the books eventually
Old 02-11-2012, 05:02 PM   #23
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

TheBlackChidori is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Awards Showcase

Please check into reading them. I promise its worth it.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:20 PM   #24
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackChidori View Post
Please check into reading them. I promise its worth it.
how vast is the series? Essentially what am I tackling here
Old 02-11-2012, 06:15 PM   #25
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

15 books in the Wheel of Time Series.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
Old 02-11-2012, 06:37 PM   #26
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321zigzag3 View Post
15 books in the Wheel of Time Series.
I have to tackle the monster that is Dune first..than the saxon saga

soo sometime around October I'll be able to hit WOT
Old 02-11-2012, 06:44 PM   #27
Blind Uchiha
formerly Kuroi Kagai
Lightning Amp Disciple
Justice of the BG

Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.
Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Blind Uchiha

Since we are talking about literature, I recently acquired several Anne McCaffrey science fiction novels, but I haven't had a chance to read them. Is she a good writer?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #28
Super Sanin 3
Special Jonin Candidate

Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Is+Anne+McCaffr...ood+writer%3F+

Nah jk but I'm not really the best one to ask for an opinion so i'll remain silent >.>
Old 02-11-2012, 07:03 PM   #29
Blind Uchiha
formerly Kuroi Kagai
Lightning Amp Disciple
Justice of the BG

Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sanin 3 View Post
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Is+Anne+McCaffr...ood+writer%3F+

Nah jk but I'm not really the best one to ask for an opinion so i'll remain silent >.>
I wanted the BG's opinion. Google can not provide that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #30
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Uchiha View Post
Since we are talking about literature, I recently acquired several Anne McCaffrey science fiction novels, but I haven't had a chance to read them. Is she a good writer?
no clue but when it comes to sci fi novels I recommend Starship troopers as a platform

Enders game is being made into a movie with that little girl from True Grit
Old 02-11-2012, 07:50 PM   #31
Cult of Personality
Super Banned

Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

It'll suck.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:53 PM   #32
Blind Uchiha
formerly Kuroi Kagai
Lightning Amp Disciple
Justice of the BG

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
no clue but when it comes to sci fi novels I recommend Starship troopers as a platform

Enders game is being made into a movie with that little girl from True Grit
I'll have to look into both of those. Still have to read Halo: Primordium.

Old 02-11-2012, 07:54 PM   #33
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality View Post
It'll suck.
preteen Oscar nominee who can actually act backed up by a decent cast of kid actors

directed by the dude who did Wolverine Origins man
Old 02-11-2012, 07:58 PM   #34
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Hey does anyone read the Captain Underpants series? Im serious I'm love them lol
Old 02-11-2012, 08:16 PM   #35
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I'll have to look into both of those. Still have to read Halo: Primordium.
I've heard interesting things about the Halo novels

Heinlein is kind of a living right wing strawman and it bleeds into starship troopers but it is basically the definitive military sci fi novel

without it.. mass effect, halo, hell even Gundam and Aliens likely wouldn't have existed

in fact James Cameron made every actor playing a space Marine read the book before filming cover to cover twice as home work for the role
Old 02-11-2012, 08:29 PM   #36
Cult of Personality
Super Banned

Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
preteen Oscar nominee who can actually act backed up by a decent cast of kid actors

directed by the dude who did Wolverine Origins man

Firstuval, Wolverine Origins sucked.

Secondly, an establishing scene has the main character, a ten year old boy, beat another boy to death. Later on, said ten year old gets ambushed by a number of his peers in the showers, while they are all naked, and they try to kill him, but he beats the ring leader to death. The entire book is about child soldiers.

Not that I'm complaining about the removal of the naked ten year olds, but there's no way it will make it through the massive editing they're inevitably going to do to make the story even remotely good.

So here's my prediction for the final outcome.

Andrew "Ender" Wiggin, so called because he always ENDs his pokemon card games in victory, is a Dennis the Menace style bad boy who gets sent to reform school. There he meets a generic female and a wacky sidekick.

Hijinks ensue and the mean old principal gets all sorts of pranks pulled on him and is eventually carted off to the looney bin at which point Ender goes back to his loving parents (he's an only child. Peter and Valentine don't exist.) who apologize for sending him to that terrible school and everyone lives happily ever after.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:33 PM   #37
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I only read her most famous series, Dragonriders of Pern.

She is a famous sci fi writer though blending with fantasy elements in many ways.

She paved alot of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
Hey does anyone read the Captain Underpants series? Im serious I'm love them lol
What about them? I haven't read since I was very young.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
Old 02-11-2012, 09:38 PM   #38
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Firstuval, Wolverine Origins sucked.
this is a fact to accurate it cannot be refuted..it bombed hard and was atrocious

Quote:
Secondly, an establishing scene has the main character, a ten year old boy, beat another boy to death. Later on, said ten year old gets ambushed by a number of his peers in the showers, while they are all naked, and they try to kill him, but he beats the ring leader to death. The entire book is about child soldiers.
they are now all played by 12-15 year olds

Quote:
]Not that I'm complaining about the removal of the naked ten year olds, but there's no way it will make it through the massive editing they're inevitably going to do to make the story even remotely good.
sounds about right

So here's my prediction for the final outcome.

Quote:
Andrew "Ender" Wiggin, so called because he always ENDs his pokemon card games in victory, is a Dennis the Menace style bad boy who gets sent to reform school. There he meets a generic female and a wacky sidekick.

Hijinks ensue and the mean old principal gets all sorts of pranks pulled on him and is eventually carted off to the looney bin at which point Ender goes back to his loving parents (he's an only child. Peter and Valentine don't exist.) who apologize for sending him to that terrible school and everyone lives happily ever after.
actually Valentine has been cast not that it matters other than that seems like exactly how it'll go down
Old 02-11-2012, 10:35 PM   #39
Cult of Personality
Super Banned

Valentine is the generic female. Demoted from sister to shallow love interest.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:00 PM   #40
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

The other possibility is they go through with it..as best they can and try and make a sci fi epic..

it might actually be worse