Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:56 PM   #1
Tifa Legacy
CSI NDF

Tifa Legacy is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Tifa Legacy is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Tifa Legacy is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Tifa Legacy is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Tifa Legacy is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Tifa Legacy is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Tifa Legacy is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Tifa Legacy is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Tifa Legacy is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Tifa Legacy is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Tifa Legacy is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Is this normal?

Apparently, I've been getting random emotions/icons filling in the spaces of both My 'Latest Reputation Received' Area & my 'New Subscribed Threads' Section. It's not 'technically' an issue, more like a question. Having it there or not, it doesn't bother me.

This is one of the image:
Spoiler:

The 'question marked' emotion/icon are suppose to be a normal 'green boxes' like the others are, right?

Sometimes I get a blushy-face ( ) In replacement of the 'question mark'

Is there a reasonable explanation for this? If not, don't stress your head over it. I'm fine.

R]
Tifa Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:36 AM   #2
Sajuuk
Special Jonin Candidate

Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Is this normal?

Just like in your avatars thread, most likely the images didn't get loaded. Strange why a question mark is being added though, as the only explanation for it is that the images aren't loading.
YouTube Channel:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sajuuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:35 AM   #3
Kreegah!!!
Special Jonin Candidate

Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

That's awesome though. Now we have questionable reputation, too!
Kreegah!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:24 AM   #4
Tifa Legacy
CSI NDF

Tifa Legacy is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Tifa Legacy is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Tifa Legacy is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Tifa Legacy is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Tifa Legacy is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Tifa Legacy is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Tifa Legacy is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Tifa Legacy is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Tifa Legacy is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Tifa Legacy is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Tifa Legacy is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kazekage View Post
Just like in your avatars thread, most likely the images didn't get loaded. Strange why a question mark is being added though, as the only explanation for it is that the images aren't loading.
Most strangely, You didn't seem to understand the concept of my 'avatar thread', There the images DIDN'T load. Whereas in THIS thread, The images are uncertain, BUT it STILL shows up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreegah!!! View Post
That's awesome though. Now we have questionable reputation, too!
You know it! I'm one of a kind!

We do!

R]
Old 02-02-2012, 07:30 AM   #5
Tifa Legacy
CSI NDF

I highly doubt that. More like a default image loaded or something.

R]
Old 02-02-2012, 07:53 AM   #6
Tifa Legacy
CSI NDF

You seems familiar... Anyways, Thanks. I thought as much.

R]
Old 02-02-2012, 08:05 AM   #7
Kreegah!!!
Special Jonin Candidate

Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunin123456 View Post
possibly it was a reputation that was clicked as positive yet was actually a negative comment??? and vice versa
It would have no way of knowing the user's intent.
Kreegah!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:08 AM   #8
Sajuuk
Special Jonin Candidate

Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifa Legacy View Post
Most strangely, You didn't seem to understand the concept of my 'avatar thread', There the images DIDN'T load. Whereas in THIS thread, The images are uncertain, BUT it STILL shows up.
Sometimes, images can not load but show a question mark instead, depending on your browser. If you right click the image and click "Open image in new tab" or similar, what actually appears ?
YouTube Channel:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:17 AM   #9
Tifa Legacy
CSI NDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreegah!!! View Post
It would have no way of knowing the user's intent.
Questionable rep. Woot~
Quote:
Sometimes, images can not load but show a question mark instead, depending on your browser. If you right click the image and click "Open image in new tab" or similar, what actually appears ?
Uhm, It fluctuates. If the question mark isn't there, It randomly shows up, the 'normal green box' or whatever colour the boxes are meant to be, Sometimes, Like I said, It shows random emotions/icons such as the brushy-face ( ) Too.
()
According to your instructions, The image above was given after following the steps.

R]
Old 02-02-2012, 08:24 AM   #10
Tifa Legacy
CSI NDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunin123456 View Post
well you have been here since 2009 so dejavu is bound to happen
=/ Okay, Try to stay on the topic. Forget my date of joinage, It has nothing to do with this. Thanks for your help tho. Appreciate it.

R]
Old 02-02-2012, 09:50 AM   #11
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

TheBlackChidori is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Awards Showcase

Those are all gray reps, someone with 0 rep power repped you. Like Kazekage said, the gray rep images are deciding not to load for some people. So instead of being replaced with an image not found emote, which I don't think even exists necessarily, it's redirected to question mark format.

Doesn't seem to be a problem for everyone. My gray reps still show up as gray reps. I'm sure Err can figure it out, if he pops in.
TheBlackChidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:54 AM   #12
Tifa Legacy
CSI NDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackChidori View Post
Those are all gray reps, someone with 0 rep power repped you. Like Kazekage said, the gray rep images are deciding not to load for some people. So instead of being replaced with an image not found emote, which I don't think even exists necessarily, it's redirected to question mark format.

Doesn't seem to be a problem for everyone. My gray reps still show up as gray reps. I'm sure Err can figure it out, if he pops in.
I see. That's understandable.

Alright, If not, Its fine.

R]
Old 02-02-2012, 09:57 AM   #13
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

TheBlackChidori is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Awards Showcase

Personally I like the question marks better than the gray.
TheBlackChidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:59 AM   #14
Tifa Legacy
CSI NDF

Lol, Me too. Like I said, I've gotten the ( ) Too. But I don't mind.

R]
Old 02-02-2012, 10:01 AM   #15
Sajuuk
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackChidori View Post
Maybe the forums would benefit from using a CDN for the images and database ? eg, hosting the images on one server, hosting the forums on another and hosting the database on another, aka having a cluster. May make the forums faster and less unstable by having the load distributed over multiple servers, rather than cramming it all into one server.
YouTube Channel:

Last edited by Sajuuk; 02-02-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:04 AM   #16
Tifa Legacy
CSI NDF

Quote:
Maybe the forums would benefit from using a CDN for the images and database ? eg, hosting the images on one server, hosting the forums on another and hosting the database on another, aka having a cluster. May make the forums faster and less unstable by having the load distributed over multiple servers.
I don't believe the forum should change the hosting image database. After all, Its not like a million of us users are complaining over the SAME problem. Its a selected few, If not I only.
The forums are fine as it is.

R]
Old 02-02-2012, 10:08 AM   #17
Sajuuk
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I don't believe the forum should change the hosting image database. After all, Its not like a million of us users are complaining over the SAME problem. Its a selected few, If not I only.
The forums are fine as it is.
Actually, you'd be suprised how much of a change just hosting the images somewhere else would have on the speed of the forums. Many of the other large communities use CDN's because the server simply has too many connections to cope with hosting images and the script itself. Anyway, you'd not notice any difference whatsoever if the images were hosted on another server anyway.
YouTube Channel:
Old 02-02-2012, 10:13 AM   #18
Tifa Legacy
CSI NDF

Quote:
Actually, you'd be suprised how much of a change just hosting the images somewhere else would have on the speed of the forums. Many of the other large communities use CDN's because the server simply has too many connections to cope with hosting images and the script itself. Anyway, you'd not notice any difference whatsoever if the images were hosted on another server anyway.
You're speaking like the forums isn't 'fast' enough. I beg to differ. Even if the 'large communities' use CDN doesn't mean, We, here, Gotta use it. There is No particular reason you should interchange it, even if it's not affecting the server.

R]
Old 02-02-2012, 10:20 AM   #19
Sajuuk
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
You're speaking like the forums isn't 'fast' enough. I beg to differ. Even if the 'large communities' use CDN doesn't mean, We, here, Gotta use it. There is No particular reason you should interchange it, even if it's not affecting the server.
You know, the forums will inevitably have to use it, regardless. Every growing community has to use it. That's just the way things go in the forum world. The forum database grows and grows and eventually will fill up the MySQL hard drive, causing errors like "Got error 28 from storage engine2 to appear more and more. I'm not saying the forums aren't fast enough, I'm just thinking ahead because this is something that will eventually have to be done, if the forum wants to continue existing.

If Google didn't use CDN, then they wouldn't exist. None of the large websites would exist without CDN or Load Balancing. In fact, hosting content on more than one server means that the load on the main server (eg this one) is lessened, because it doesn't need to serve so many requests. Instead of serving 1000 requests to the files, it could server about 250 if the images were moved to a separate server.

Anyway, I'm straying off-topic, as TBC has already said the images aren't loading. However, having a separate server for images would reduce this problem.
YouTube Channel:

Last edited by Sajuuk; 02-02-2012 at 10:23 AM.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:06 AM   #20
Pinks17
Chunin Exam Participant

Pinks17 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!Pinks17 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

I guess red is down rep
but what is the Grey box for?
I don't really understand the point system, or how many points you need to go up a rep
Last i remember after 150 you get 1 if your a noob...?

I'm a Christian and don't care what everyone else thinks about me. If you feel the same, copy and paste this in your sig

Pinks17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doesn't bother me, question