Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Series Discussion

Series Discussion Got a favorite Anime or Manga you'd like to talk about? Maybe a Light or Visual Novel you think is interesting? Bring it all here!

Old 01-29-2012, 07:12 PM   #1
Yellow Flash
Legend of the Solstice

Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Default Anime Recommendations

Any recommendations for good anime? I would prefer it if it were in English dub, but if it's only in sub than that's fine too.

Thank you.
Yellow Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:06 PM   #2
Ohako
Special Jonin Candidate

Ohako has completed a tough C-rank mission!Ohako has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: Anime Recommendations

These are some of my favorites if there is a * they have english dub
Durarara! *
Fairy Tail *
Ano Hana
Toradora*?
Mirai Nikki
Full Metal Alchemist*
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood*
Welcome to NHK*
Bakuman
Ao No exorcist
Tiger and Bunny

O~kun

GF:Jhokage613
I LOVE MY MOMMY, GAARA'S GIRL <3
Glaring buddy and sweet little sis~Animelover
E is for Erza
~DOLLARS~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ohako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:13 PM   #3
Leafy
has a deathwish!

Leafy just might be Kage someday.
Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

What's your favorite genre?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:38 AM   #4
Hidden Ninja45
Jonin

Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Mirai Nikki
Guilty Crown
Ergo Proxy
Eden of the East
Ga Rei Zero
Another

Hidden Ninja45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:55 PM   #5
Yellow Flash
Legend of the Solstice

Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohako View Post
These are some of my favorites if there is a * they have english dub
Durarara! *
Fairy Tail *
Ano Hana
Toradora*?
Mirai Nikki
Full Metal Alchemist*
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood*
Welcome to NHK*
Bakuman
Ao No exorcist
Tiger and Bunny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden Ninja45 View Post
Mirai Nikki
Guilty Crown
Ergo Proxy
Eden of the East
Ga Rei Zero
Another
The ones in red either I've already seen or checked out and didn't like. A brief description would be appreciated, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaf777 View Post
What's your favorite genre?
I find that I enjoy Action/Adventure, Mecha, and Romance animes the most.

Last edited by Yellow Flash; 01-31-2012 at 12:56 PM. Reason: forgot the d
Old 01-31-2012, 12:58 PM   #6
Kunoichi
Easily Bribed

Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.
Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Nick told me to watch high school of the dead and i just now got around to it (it's about zombies taking over a highschool) it's pretty damn gory, and for whatever reasons there's atleast one panty shot per episode but it's pretty good so far. I'm watching it on netflix in english dub.

Spoiler:

Kunoichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:00 PM   #7
Yellow Flash
Legend of the Solstice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunoichi View Post
Nick told me to watch high school of the dead and i just now got around to it (it's about zombies taking over a highschool) it's pretty damn gory, and for whatever reasons there's atleast one panty shot per episode but it's pretty good so far. I'm watching it on netflix in english dub.
Already seen it, but yeah, it's good. Although the excessive amount of fanservice got old, I still enjoyed it.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:02 PM   #8
Yuuki Hime
Chunin

Yuuki Hime is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Princess Tutu is really good >.> I think they have it in English to but I'm not sure

Once upon a time, there was a man who died,
The man's work was the writing and telling of stories,
But he could not defy death.
The last story he was working on was a brave and handsome prince,
who vanquishes a crafty raven,
But now it seems there battle will go on for eternity.
"I'm sick on this." cried the raven.
"I'm sick of this!" Cried the prince as well.
The raven escaped from the pages of the story,
and the prince pursued the fell creature.
In the end, the prince took out his own heart and sealed the raven away using a forbidden power.
Just then a murmer came from somewhere.
"This is great!" Said the man who was suppose to have died.
~opening to episode 1
~copied off princess tutu wikia

Last edited by Yuuki Hime; 01-31-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Yuuki Hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:05 PM   #9
Kunoichi
Easily Bribed

Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Flash View Post
Already seen it, but yeah, it's good. Although the excessive amount of fanservice got old, I still enjoyed it.
i'm only on the second episode, and truth be told, i just need something to hold me over until walking dead comes back

Two more weeks!

Spoiler:

Old 01-31-2012, 01:06 PM   #10
Yellow Flash
Legend of the Solstice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunoichi View Post
i'm only on the second episode, and truth be told, i just need something to hold me over until walking dead comes back

Two more weeks!
Never heard of it.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:17 PM   #11
Kunoichi
Easily Bribed

Awards Showcase

awh D:

everytime someone says that a part of me dies

Spoiler:

Old 01-31-2012, 01:20 PM   #12
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Another.

Imma make a thread on it.

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:13 PM   #13
WindScar22
Special Jonin Candidate

WindScar22 has completed a tough C-rank mission!WindScar22 has completed a tough C-rank mission!WindScar22 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

I would refer to you InuYasha, InuYasha the Final Act, and Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
Vigorous and gallant....
Let's sing together
Namimori middle school!

Hibari: This signature is now perfect. If you so much as add one more word, I'll bite you to death.

Hibari: I'm so going to get you for this.
WindScar22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:58 PM   #14
Hidden Ninja45
Jonin

Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
Another.

Imma make a thread on it.
Sorry, but I done did it already. A few weeks ago, actually.

Old 01-31-2012, 02:59 PM   #15
Devroux

Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Air Gear - About a kid that gets a pair of Air Trek, which is like a pair of skates, but makes jumping way easier. He builds a team and they fight other gangs.

Manga > anime though.
χ Δ|✝ΣR

Last edited by Devroux; 01-31-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Devroux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:02 PM   #16
Hidden Ninja45
Jonin

Awards Showcase

Angel Beats!

How the heck did I not put that on my first list? Great series.

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
(I can't describe this series. Don't make me, please.)

Last edited by Hidden Ninja45; 01-31-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:07 PM   #17
Graceland
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: In that little box, under the bridge, closest to you.
Graceland saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!Graceland saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Mmm.. Action / Romance animes?

For Romance as the main theme:

Mashiro-Iro Symphony: The Color of Lovers
H20 "Footprints in the sand"

Toradora!
Hachimitsu to Clover
Kimi ni Todoke

Clannad
Kanon 2006
Da Capo
Bokura ga Ita

For animes with Action and/OR Adventure as the main theme:

Fairy Tail
Beelzebub
One Piece (Havn't seen much of it. But it's pretty good from what i've seen and heard so far)
Angel Beats!
Deadman Wonderland

(I havn't watched too much, that I'd put in this area.)

For animes with mixed Action (and/or adventure) & Romance:

Hayate no Gotoku
Zero no Tsukaima

Phantom: Requiem of the Phantom
Koukyoushi Hen: Eureka Seven
Hidan no Aria
Demonbane
Elfen Lied
Seikon no Qwaser
(Warning: Very Ecchi.)
Shakugan no Shana

Other with either romance or action as sub-genre or something like that:

Gosick
Ano Hi Mita Hana No Namae O Bokutachi Wa Mada Shiranai
Kore wa Zombie Desuka?

I could most likely name alot more, especially in the first and last part of this post, but I'm rather tired right now... so I just wrote some...
(PS - The summaries are all by ANN and/or AniDB)

Last edited by Graceland; 02-01-2012 at 12:59 AM.
Graceland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:17 PM   #18
Leafy
has a deathwish!

Leafy just might be Kage someday.
Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Flash View Post
The ones in red either I've already seen or checked out and didn't like. A brief description would be appreciated, too.

I find that I enjoy Action/Adventure, Mecha, and Romance animes the most.
Then Gurren Lagann would be perfect for you.

Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:04 PM   #19
Ohako
Special Jonin Candidate

Ohako has completed a tough C-rank mission!Ohako has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Ano Hana~ About a group of friends that drift apart in Highschool. A friend that died when they were all younger comes back as a ghost and tries to bring them back together.
Toradora~ If you like romance this will become one of your favorites. Two of the school's outsiders become friends and help each other get together with their crush. (I Highly recommend this one)
Welcome to NHK~ I liked this one, because of Psychological Aspect to it, but basically a girl tries to help a Hikkmori ( a person afraid to leave his house)
Bakuman~ 2 highshcoolers attempt to make a manga ( creators of death note
Ao No exorcist~ About the son of Satan trying to avenge his Foster parent. Who was the strongest Exorcist. This anime ended mainly because the anime caught up so fast and the manga is not that far 6 or 8 volumes i think.
Tiger and Bunny~ About a reality tv show involving superheroes

O~kun

GF:Jhokage613
I LOVE MY MOMMY, GAARA'S GIRL <3
Glaring buddy and sweet little sis~Animelover
E is for Erza
~DOLLARS~

Ohako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:18 PM   #20
Demise
Purple Flurp Disciple
WS-Genin

Demise is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Demise is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Demise is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Demise is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Bakemonogatari and the sequel Nisemonogatari (Help and Befriend situations, but it's really interesting)
Trigun (Awesome western action)
Angel Beats (Action in an underworld, good story)

I got others but I got a feeling you seen them already.

Last edited by Demise; 01-31-2012 at 06:20 PM.
Demise is offline   Reply With Quote