Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 02:34 PM   #1
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Rep Blocks

They're ugly. any way to implement the system we have with the old ones?
Old 01-22-2012, 03:01 PM   #2
megabbaut
Debby Downer

megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Default Re: Rep Blocks

Didn't you make this thread already?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My theme:
YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
My Battle Theme:
YouTube:
src="
GT & PSN: VesicantDegree1
Old 01-22-2012, 04:19 PM   #3
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

SRhyse just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Which system are you referring too? Do you just mean different images for the blocks?
My dog Elly FTW:

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
. Thanks for wanting to help though!
Old 01-22-2012, 04:27 PM   #4
Leafy
has a deathwish!

Leafy just might be Kage someday.
Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Here's an idea. What if....you changed the rep color from green to blue..or any other color. That would be interesting.

Old 01-22-2012, 04:45 PM   #5
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

Awards Showcase

Technically the rep is supposed to go from a darker green to lighter green to yellow/orange before you get a badge, but it's yet to work .
My dog Elly FTW:

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
Old 01-22-2012, 04:46 PM   #6
BoxHead
P-P-P-PENTAKILL
Kuzan

BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRhyse View Post
Technically the rep is supposed to go from a darker green to lighter green to yellow/orange before you get a badge, but it's yet to work .
Whoa, that's be weird. How would it work?

Click for our savior:
Spoiler:

Old 01-22-2012, 04:48 PM   #7
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Even before the rep reset, only Maik got the yellow/orange, I believe.

Old 01-22-2012, 04:55 PM   #8
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

Awards Showcase

For the most part, you get enough rep that the bar fills all the way to the right, then you get a badge/award/level up, which then remains as the bar refills. Then you keep getting 'em. When you've got like 4, they reset to a higher rank of award thing, and on and on several tiers.

Like Wooster said, Maik's the only one that got up to anything close last time, so the real issue's more one of scale right now - no one has enough rep for what it's set at . I think we massively over estimated the rep balance we'd have based on the imbalance we had last time.

Here are the current settings-

Any suggestions? These were either balanced to a rep economy that didn't carry over, or in general not functioning properly, but likely the former.
My dog Elly FTW:

Old 01-22-2012, 05:00 PM   #9
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I think the values per pip are fine, but the maximum number of pips should be set closer to five not fifty.

Then each one up being worth 10 of the previous probably should work.

Just off the cuff:

Last edited by Wooster; 01-22-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:07 PM   #10
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

Awards Showcase

That's a bit better, now we're atleast seeing bars. Hmm. Might wanna lower it a bit more to get some badges going on...

/tinkers

Actually, I gotta make sure the badges are where they should be now, atleast a handful of people should be having 'em .
My dog Elly FTW:

Old 01-22-2012, 06:11 PM   #11
megabbaut
Debby Downer

megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

I suddenly have another rep power block. Did you guys do something?

My theme:
YouTube:
src="
My Battle Theme:
YouTube:
src="
GT & PSN: VesicantDegree1
Old 01-22-2012, 06:14 PM   #12
Noctis Arashi
is rapidly losing blood from Naijeru's jugular attack
Formerly Susanoo

Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Noctis Arashi

Whelp. That did...something.
Grand Master Roleplayer
Just Call Me Legendary Hoe -Fliparrachii Approved
Old 01-22-2012, 06:17 PM   #13
Leafy
has a deathwish!

Leafy just might be Kage someday.
Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

What's a pip? And also, What do the badges look like? I forgot.

Old 01-22-2012, 06:22 PM   #14
BoxHead
P-P-P-PENTAKILL
Kuzan

BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Ah, they work now. Strange, I got an extra rep square for some reason. I thought it was 50 rep, and I have 42. You can remove one if you want, I wanna earn it fairly, anyways.

Edit: It seems most peoples' Rep blocks have gone up, too.

Click for our savior:
Spoiler:

Last edited by BoxHead; 01-22-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:36 PM   #15
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaf777 View Post
What's a pip? And also, What do the badges look like? I forgot.
Like an orange seed.

Old 01-22-2012, 06:39 PM   #16
BoxHead
P-P-P-PENTAKILL
Kuzan

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants620 View Post
I think it is now 25 point equals one extra box...

after 5 dark green you get light greens for every 25 after that. And after the 5 light greens you go yellow/orange for every 50 points on...

If I am wrong green names, quasis please correct me.
Maybe... How much rep you got?

Click for our savior:
Spoiler:

Old 01-22-2012, 06:49 PM   #17
BoxHead
P-P-P-PENTAKILL
Kuzan

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants620 View Post
currently 35 points plus the one rep block when you first begin equals a total of two rep blocks,
Yeah, I got 42, and same thing.

Click for our savior:
Spoiler:

Old 01-22-2012, 06:59 PM   #18
BoxHead
P-P-P-PENTAKILL
Kuzan

Awards Showcase

Mebbe, but that would just overflow people with Rep blocks, being 25

Click for our savior:
Spoiler:

Old 01-23-2012, 10:45 AM   #19
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

Awards Showcase

To be clear, no one's rep has changed, just the way it's displayed. So you didn't all become suddenly popular, unfortunately .
My dog Elly FTW:

Old 01-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #20
Sajuuk
Special Jonin Candidate

Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
To be clear, no one's rep has changed, just the way it's displayed. So you didn't all become suddenly popular, unfortunately .
The new look actually looks much better than the default vB rep system. I wish I had seen the Extended Rep mod on vb.org when I had a vB forum D:
YouTube Channel:
Closed Thread