Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Battlegrounds HQ > The Graveyard

The Graveyard While you CAN endlessly debate some things, other threads need a place to stay buried. This friends, is that place.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:46 PM   #41
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: BG Convo 33: Call of Duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321zigzag3 View Post
You don't know System Shock?
Heard of it, but just tid bits here and there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
Pshaw, FPS and TPS. Once you played Goldeneye and Perfect Dark (or Quake if you PC0 you played them all.

Although, I did play a new one once. I could never get used to the regenerating health. I guess all games have to be made easier nowadays.

Bioshock was the spiritual sequel to System Shock, yes?
Can't you turn off the regeneration on certain games?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:51 PM   #42
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by megabbaut View Post
The controversy of guns is what made great games other than COD (like Shadow the Hedgehog) get bad reviews.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatanui AKA Pride View Post
Heard of it, but just tid bits here and there.

They were both ahead of its time. Never played it but watched much of it.
It looks great. Bioshock is essentially system shock lookalike underwater.

Regeneration is "realistic shooters"

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
Old 01-10-2012, 06:56 PM   #43
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Spoiler:

They were both ahead of its time. Never played it but watched much of it.
It looks great. Bioshock is essentially system shock lookalike underwater.

Regeneration is "realistic shooters"
Strangely, I did enjoy Shadow the Hedgehog to an extent.

According to wikipedia, so is Deus Ex. That's more than legit enough in my books.

What, are you claiming Call of Duty isn't accurately historical or realistic? :LOS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:57 PM   #44
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Goldeneye on N64 was a classic.

Golden Gun level with Baron Samedi as well.

You could say that. Why?
Was. Thank goodness for the four control ports. Ohh, the fun we used to have with that game.
/nostalgias out

Just asking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorles View Post
Perfect Dark is almost like a 'spiritual successor' to Goldeneye on N64, althouth Perfect Dark Zero, a launch title for 360 was kinda 'dissapointing'

kinda like what 'they did' to rainbow six vegas, even slight 'regenerating health' is so much different from the early ones

yep, although some say system shock is alot better
TimeSplitters 2 was pretty good. A lot of the people in Free Radical are Goldeneye people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatanui AKA Pride View Post
I guess. I have no clue. But why have it in the first place?

Old 01-10-2012, 06:57 PM   #45
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

Awards Showcase

Sadly System Shock both 1 and 2 never sold well. They were overshadowed.

The first one by Doom especially.

Anyway it gained a huge Cult Following.

You could say the precursor to Glados herself.

Presenting the great Femali Homocidal AI.
SHODAN.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
Old 01-10-2012, 06:59 PM   #46
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Didn't people that made System Shock lose the rights to make it too? Some buy out thing. That's why Bioshock was made.

Don't know why I know all this crap about games I will never play.

Looking back, Doom was a pretty simple game, but somehow trumped killing Super Hitler in Wolfenstein 3D. Heehee

truth be told, both those games were really 2D games more than 3D games. Ahh, how I miss sprites.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:08 PM   #47
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

Awards Showcase

Quote:

I guess. I have no clue. But why have it in the first place?
Because it is very realistic.
Quote:
Didn't people that made System Shock lose the rights to make it too? Some buy out thing. That's why Bioshock was made.

Don't know why I know all this crap about games I will never play.

Looking back, Doom was a pretty simple game, but somehow trumped killing Super Hitler in Wolfenstein 3D. Heehee

truth be told, both those games were really 2D games more than 3D games. Ahh, how I miss sprites.
Don't know about that.

Hey 95% of the games I talk about I have never touched or played once in my life yet it would sound like I played them.

2d were the first ones.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
Old 01-10-2012, 07:25 PM   #48
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Because it is very realistic.

Don't know about that.

Hey 95% of the games I talk about I have never touched or played once in my life yet it would sound like I played them.

2d were the first ones.
Yes, of course. Although, I guess something could be said for staunching blood loss before being shot at again. Why do I have feeling hat Halo started this nonsense though?

I suppose. Reading reviews can make you seem knowledge, but I dont' even do that anymore.

Well, they are the only ones I consider. But Duke Nukem 3D, that was a game.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:26 PM   #49
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

Awards Showcase

Halo had an excuse since it was technically shielding.

I don't read reviews usually. I go to the wiki, other sites, and watch some videos in my spare time. Sadly spare time doesn't always occur.

This year's Duke Nukem was just.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
Old 01-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #50
colorles
Banned

colorles is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

watch some Rogue Warrior videos for some lulz
Old 01-10-2012, 07:35 PM   #51
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

Awards Showcase

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
Old 01-10-2012, 07:49 PM   #52
Blind Uchiha
formerly Kuroi Kagai
Lightning Amp Disciple
Justice of the BG

Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.
Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Blind Uchiha

Quote:
Yes, of course. Although, I guess something could be said for staunching blood loss before being shot at again. Why do I have feeling hat Halo started this nonsense though?
Halo: Combat Evolved had regenerating shields, but health could only be restored via medkits. I personally preferred the combination.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:07 PM   #53
NagatoGod_of_Pain
Chunin Exam Proctor

NagatoGod_of_Pain has completed a tough C-rank mission!NagatoGod_of_Pain has completed a tough C-rank mission!NagatoGod_of_Pain has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
What about Battlefield series?
Surprisingly, I've never played it. Actually just once for like 10 minutes when I was a kid and didn't know what the hell I was doing. Then I got annoyed and gave the controller back to my brother.

But that's why CoD gets all the sales.

Quote:

Hahahaha exactly.
Tryin' to fix the whole world in every season
Old 01-10-2012, 08:20 PM   #54
colorles
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NagatoGod_of_Pain View Post
Surprisingly, I've never played it. Actually just once for like 10 minutes when I was a kid and didn't know what the hell I was doing. Then I got annoyed and gave the controller back to my brother.

But that's why CoD gets all the sales.

Hahahaha exactly.
CoD is pretty much running on an 'tired engine'; now an engine never really becomes 'outdated', with modding and all, but if your gonna release Call of Dutys yearly as if their sports games, eventually the engine is gonna start to become redundant especially in the face a vastly newer engine such as in Battlefield 3, with which theirs hardly any comparson spec wise between such and the most reason CoD. still though do you see CoD continueing to get sales on its current engine? Battlefield 3 pretty much surpassed the most recent Cod in every way, this being the first CoD release in years to have another FPS overshadow is so. it seems CoD will have to design a new engine soon, or else it will continue to slide, although with video game consumers these days, buying the same thing over and over should come as surprise. but really though world at war and even mw2 were still 'alright', but the engine has long since gotten redundent, but then again thats modern gaming for ya
Old 01-10-2012, 08:29 PM   #55
colorles
Banned

anyways though if you like Turok, check out the reboot 'Turok', you can get it at gamestop for like 5 dollars or less (still quite expensive compare to burning games though, theres just to many games out there, and to many other things to provide for, to bother wasteing money on them) , 'my brothers' been playing it alot lately, it takes what Rogue Warrior was 'trying' to do with the knifework, and actually makes it 'playable' jaja

Prey another kool relatively 'low key' (albeit relatively) shooter for 360, runs on the 'Doom 3' engine, interesting concept thats been under design since the late 90s, also has some elements from 'portal'

really if your gonna get 7th gen games without burning them, at least get them cheap, and theirs alot of kool and relatively creative (as 'creative' as first person shooters can get at least) games out there

also any here into 'futuristic racers'?

Last edited by colorles; 01-10-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:13 PM   #56
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
If I ever played these games online, this is exactly what I would do. I'd even pull out a Wooster accent.

Turok? The fog, someone please stop THE FOG!!!!!!

Old 01-11-2012, 07:41 AM   #57
NBT
Banned

NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I really don't care for the FPS genre.Only two I can bring myself to care for are Halo and Gears of War and even then,there are plenty of other games I'd much rather play.

Really don't see why everyone makes a big deal about the guns,or vehicles,in Shadow the Hedgehog.It's not like you actually have to use them at any point in the game.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:50 PM   #58
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

just got done rewatching Star Trek Ds9

the industrial capacity of the UFP and Dominion is absolutely sickening when compared with other mid tier universes..I sweet jesus christ..sickening

oh and Sisko is friggen awesome
Old 01-11-2012, 02:04 PM   #59
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

Awards Showcase

Compared to Warhammer 40k as well?

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
Old 01-11-2012, 02:21 PM   #60
Cult of Personality
Super Banned

Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
oh and Sisko is friggen awesome but nevertheless inferior to Jean-Luc Picard in literally every conceivable way
True, true.