Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Narutoverse

Narutoverse For all the debates involving characters from the Naruto series.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2011, 10:47 AM   #1
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: holla holla get $
Posts: 18,136
Rep Power: 16
Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Default Minato/Itachi/Jiraiya vs. Nagato

Once again these are separate matches.

Minato vs. Nagato
Itachi vs. Nagato
Jiraiya vs. Nagato

This is JUST Nagato, not the six paths of Pain. He is as he is after he absorbed Killer Bee's chakra, which means he's in his "prime"/ youth/ whatever you call it.

Can they all beat Nagato or will all of them lose?
__________________
My reaction to 599

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kuromaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:06 AM   #2
Super Sanin 3
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Super Sanin 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,537
Rep Power: 6
Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Minato/Itachi/Jiraiya vs. Nagato

I'm not sure if genjutsu would work on Nagato but it seems like he has knowledge on things like Amaterasu and now Susano'o w/ the SoT. Because he has knowledge I don't think it's gonna happen. If you consider that Nagato doesn't have knowledge because he wasn't in control of himself (when he was like a full puppet for Kabuto) then he may possible lose to blind-side kunai. It's hard to judge what's IC for him but he probably relies on summons for their shared vision. Plus there are his trump cards like CT. Probably Nagato 7.5/10

Minato is fighting a bad match-up because ST is near instant and it will be hard to get a good hit on him. HOWEVER, he does have near full knowledge of fighting Pein since he saw it through Naruto, so he can possible figure out a way with that knowledge. I don't it'd go "ST off the bat GG", although it may cause a threat. In a manga fight I'd say Minato would win with medium difficulty, but BG wise I'd say 50/50 for the disadvantage Nagato's in.

Jiraiya in base I doubt would last long. SM Jiraiya ran to form a plan against 3 paths of Pein so 6 in 1 should be too much for him in base. Manga-wise Jiraiya probably has something to save him from a trick or 2 but he'll get over whelmed. BG wise Nagato 10/10
Super Sanin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:45 PM   #3
Eagle125
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Minato/Itachi/Jiraiya vs. Nagato

The only way Minato can win is if he nails a FTG tag/seal on Nagato.

Itachi can probably take it with High difficulty due to Susanoo. He can probably Rapid fire YM like Madara to destroy CT if Nagato uses it and Ammy for the Summons.

Jiraiya in base probably fails however in Sage Mode Frog Song should immobilize Nagato for the win.
  Reply With Quote Add Dice Roll To Message
Old 12-31-2011, 12:08 PM   #4
paradigm1977
Chunin Exam Proctor
 
paradigm1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA, USA
Posts: 1,506
Rep Power: 10
paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Re: Minato/Itachi/Jiraiya vs. Nagato

Nagato's jutsu's are more powerful when they are directly from him, rather than the Pain.

I think Pain quickly dispatches Itachi and Jiraiya. ET nagato is now at whatever his movement speed is. We don't have to much to go by for his speed.

Deva path movement is not Nagato movement. Deva path is remote controlled just like how Chiyo made sakura faster with strings.

Pain absorbing chakra would take away long range attacks. I'll assume Itachi is faster than Nagato, but not enough to beat Nagato's superior fire power and summons, and shinra tensei. Chibaku would destroy susanoo. Rinnegan would weaken Itachi's genjutsu offensive.

Minato would have the best chance due to speed, even without FTG. But I don't think we've seen enough to give this to minato. He could escape at any time though.

Lastly, Nagato has the most chakra, from what we can tell so far.
paradigm1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:13 PM   #5
paradigm1977
Chunin Exam Proctor
 
paradigm1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA, USA
Posts: 1,506
Rep Power: 10
paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Re: Minato/Itachi/Jiraiya vs. Nagato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sanin 3 View Post

Minato is fighting a bad match-up ....HOWEVER, he does have near full knowledge of fighting Pein since he saw it through Naruto, so he can possible figure out a way with that knowledge.
I disagree on Minato's knowledge. I don't believe that it is truly his spirit inside Naruto, who could then be ETed, to pull the spirit out. Whatever essence of Minato is in Naruto, I don't believe knowledge would carry over to his resurrection.

I think Minato is some kind of sentient chakra leftover, but not his true spirit.
paradigm1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:10 PM   #6
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: holla holla get $
Posts: 18,136
Rep Power: 16
Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Default Re: Minato/Itachi/Jiraiya vs. Nagato

Would Nagato really beat Jiraiya that easily?

I mean unless he used Chibaku Tensei right away
__________________
My reaction to 599

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kuromaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:51 PM   #7
Eagle125
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Minato/Itachi/Jiraiya vs. Nagato

Nagato gave RM Naruto and KillerBee a problem when Nagato was even telling them what he is doing.

Jiraiya won't have any better luck.
  Reply With Quote Add Dice Roll To Message
Old 01-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #8
NagatoGod_of_Pain
Chunin Exam Proctor
 
NagatoGod_of_Pain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: On the Pursuit of Happiness
Posts: 1,801
Rep Power: 9
NagatoGod_of_Pain has completed a tough C-rank mission!NagatoGod_of_Pain has completed a tough C-rank mission!NagatoGod_of_Pain has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: Minato/Itachi/Jiraiya vs. Nagato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle125 View Post
Nagato gave RM Naruto and KillerBee a problem when Nagato was even telling them what he is doing.

Jiraiya won't have any better luck.
The only thing Nagato said about himself was that his Dog Summoning multiplies after being hit. Assuming Jiraiya has manga knowledge via BG defaults, he already knows that.

Jiraiya, again, needs to go into Sage Mode. Considering he's already been able to against Pain, I can see the Summoning battle somewhat repeating itself.

The only reason why Naruto was in a predicament against Nagato was because he failed to sense the Chameleon Summoning. Ma and Pa would prevent that.

Jiraiya's best bet would be to use Frog Song.
__________________
Late ass nights come from long days
Doin' all the right things in the wrong ways
Doin' all the wrong things for the right reasons
Tryin' to fix the whole world in every season
NagatoGod_of_Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #9
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9,236
Rep Power: 18
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Minato/Itachi/Jiraiya vs. Nagato

He admitted Jiraiya would have defeated him on a possbility that Jiraiya knew his entire secret which is understandable, Nagato was strapped to a movable chair.


Regardless.

Nagato has a prime weakness of having poor mobility.

Debate whether the three can take advantage on that.
__________________
Also known as 321zigzag1.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia


Freelancer
321zigzag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:01 PM   #10
Towerworld
Genin
 
Towerworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 250
Rep Power: 5
Towerworld is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Minato/Itachi/Jiraiya vs. Nagato

Considering that pain was blitzed by kn6, Minato(he blitzed full nine tails) could probably get the seal on him before he's able to react. But this is assuming that Pain is the same speed as Nagato.
Towerworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:03 PM   #11
Super Sanin 3
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Super Sanin 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,537
Rep Power: 6
Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Minato/Itachi/Jiraiya vs. Nagato

^Actually I think that was V2 Bee, KN6 just overpowered his ST unless I'm missing something
Super Sanin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:32 PM   #12
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9,236
Rep Power: 18
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Minato/Itachi/Jiraiya vs. Nagato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towerworld View Post
Considering that pain was blitzed by kn6, Minato(he blitzed full nine tails) could probably get the seal on him before he's able to react.
Deva Path with all of Nagato's chakra and focus was never blitzed by KN6.

Quote:
But this is assuming that Pain is the same speed as Nagato.
Reaction wise Nagato is likely to be greater simply because of the lack of medium in chakra waves which causes a slight delay.

Movement wise, Nagato has poor to almost none mobility.
__________________
Also known as 321zigzag1.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia


Freelancer
321zigzag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #13
Towerworld
Genin
 
Towerworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 250
Rep Power: 5
Towerworld is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Minato/Itachi/Jiraiya vs. Nagato

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321zigzag3 View Post
Deva Path with all of Nagato's chakra and focus was never blitzed by KN6.



Reaction wise Nagato is likely to be greater simply because of the lack of medium in chakra waves which causes a slight delay.

Movement wise, Nagato has poor to almost none mobility.
He was blitzed by kn6. Kn6 started around 10 metres in front of him, suddenly kn6 tried to attack pain from behind and pain only realized he even moved at all when kn6 was a foot away.
Towerworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:42 PM   #14
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9,236
Rep Power: 18
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Minato/Itachi/Jiraiya vs. Nagato

No he wasn't because if he was Deva Path wouldn't have been able to react with ! and retaliate with a Shinra Tensei.

Also KN6 was not able to catch up to the fleeing lone Deva Path.
__________________
Also known as 321zigzag1.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia


Freelancer
321zigzag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:51 PM   #15
Towerworld
Genin
 
Towerworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 250
Rep Power: 5
Towerworld is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Minato/Itachi/Jiraiya vs. Nagato

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321zigzag3 View Post
No he wasn't because if he was Deva Path wouldn't have been able to react with ! and retaliate with a Shinra Tensei.

Also KN6 was not able to catch up to the fleeing lone Deva Path.
He had trouble following kn6's movements though, that's why he was suprised(!) when he found out kn6 was behind him. So maybe not a blitz but he was a bit faster than deva. For the chase hmm, well he kept up. So overall they're probably close to each other for raw speed.
Towerworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:28 PM   #16
Chō
Freshmen Academy Student
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7
Rep Power: 0
Chō is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Minato/Itachi/Jiraiya vs. Nagato

Minato vs. Nagato

Minato can survive until his stamina runs out unless his tags outside the battlefield are restricted - because Chibaku Tensei would devour the fielded tags in that case, and thus defeat Minato. However, given their stamina feats, I think Nagato would wear Minato down regardless, and eventually finish him if Minato refused to retreat with Hiraishin. Shiki Fūjin is an option, but that's a draw.

Itachi vs. Nagato

Itachi's execution of Amaterasu and the Totsuka both proved to be too fast for Nagato to react to, although to be fair: Amaterasu was against an unprepared Nagato, and Itachi took advantage of a sight-blocker in the second case. With layered genjutsu as a factor though, Itachi stands a very good chance to land his fast techniques before Nagato uses the all-powerful Chibaku Tensei - as Itachi countering the ultimate Rinnegan techniques on his own is debatable.

Jiraiya vs. Nagato

Base Jiraiya used Gamaken against Animal Path, and we saw that Deva Path, who was stated to be slower and weaker than Nagato in technique execution, wiped out all of the toads in one move. Incidentally, that would likely occur here, and Nagato could then deliver Asura Path missiles, more force-waves, or attack with his own summons, and Jiraiya is out of defenses, more or less...

Last edited by Chō; 01-11-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Chō is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:12 AM   #17
Sage of the Six path's
Academy Graduate
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 61
Rep Power: 5
Sage of the Six path's is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Minato/Itachi/Jiraiya vs. Nagato

With no Prep Minato and his little know feats wont allow him to will this BG wise, but Manga wise i'll give it to him.

Itachi Genjutsu. GG Rinnegan doesnt grant genjutsu breaking power.

Jiraiya Dark Swamp Nagato absorbs it, but Jiraiya send in a clone with is Barrier toad trap. trapping Nagato in the toad. Nagato has a great chance at winning, but it could go either way. he lose if Jiraiya gets into sage mode. Frog Song GG
Sage of the Six path's is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
itachi, jiraiya, minato, nagato


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.