Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Narutoverse

Narutoverse For all the debates involving characters from the Naruto series.

Old 12-30-2011, 01:34 PM   #41
heroeking
Banned

heroeking has a dark heart coursing with Dark Chakra
Default Re: Itachi vs. Mei and Tsunade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
Uhm wrong.

Tsukuyomi affects anyone who looks into Itachis Eyes hence Kakashi telling both Kurenai and Asuma to close their Eyes as well as closing his own 1 Eye.

Kabuto's Temple of Nirvana affected pretty much the entire Audience during the Chuunin Exams.

Shis Lightning Pillar affected Jugo and Sasuke.

Hidden Mist is full of Chakra thus blinding a Sharingan user.
Was explained by Zabuza when he used it on Kakashi on the Bridge.
What about Tsunade though?
heroeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:51 PM   #42
RasenGrenadier
Apprentice Genin

RasenGrenadier is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

i just thought about this.
if mei cant look at itachi how can she use her acid mist?
if she looks down shes misting the ground.
if she looks to the side, down, or back, she giving him blind spots to attack.
also if tsunade were to heal MEI from injuries it certainly wouldnt be instant. thus again, leaving her open for attacks.

your mother loves me.
RasenGrenadier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:16 PM   #43
Zatamizu Yougan
Veteran Chunin

Zatamizu Yougan saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RasenGrenadier View Post
i just thought about this.
if mei cant look at itachi how can she use her acid mist?
if she looks down shes misting the ground.
if she looks to the side, down, or back, she giving him blind spots to attack.
also if tsunade were to heal MEI from injuries it certainly wouldnt be instant. thus again, leaving her open for attacks.
Mei can look at Itachi, not just his eyes.

Mei can alter the potency and the acidity of the mist (from wiki). She can choose to make certain parts of the mist visible or not. This can help them look for Itachi even in the mist.

Sakura could pinpoint where Kakashi was underground. Tsunade can probably do the same way to Itachi in the mist.

And I think Mei and Tsunade can just bring each other out of genjutsus.

"Life is not hard, we're just not used to it"
Zatamizu Yougan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:18 PM   #44
Super Sanin 3
Special Jonin Candidate

Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

^Actually she just smashed the ground she didn't pin-point exactly where he was. Just knew he couldn't be around her so she improvised.
Super Sanin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:30 PM   #45
Axel
Apprentice Genin

Axel saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via MSN to Axel Send a message via Skype™ to Axel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
Hidden Mist is full of Chakra thus blinding a Sharingan user.
Was explained by Zabuza when he used it on Kakashi on the Bridge.
People keep on using the hidden mist as a huge trump card or something and it's the only part of everyone's argument so far against Itachi I'm going to touch.

The quote above is fact.

However, there's one part that doesn't add up, and I think that if the debate continues, it should get cleared up (Partly for people who don't read the manga and only watch the anime.).

In one of the early episodes (15 I think) Kakashi uses Hidden mist on Itachi who says something like "That technique makes it difficult to cast genjutsu, but it is useless against a sharingan." which conflicts with the above quote.

However - Kakashi never uses Hidden Mist in the manga.

So what's being held as the "ultimate truth" of sorts, the anime or the manga?

If manga Hidden Mist vs Itachi is successful.

If anime Hidden Mist vs Itachi is failure.

/discuss.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phred killa extraordinaire in da house y'all

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-

Last edited by Axel; 12-30-2011 at 09:30 PM. Reason: sentence fragment
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:32 PM   #46
Super Sanin 3
Special Jonin Candidate

Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

That's filler can't use it here so.. you'll get denied even if it's logical >.<

Gotta use manga brah.
Super Sanin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:01 PM   #47
Axel
Apprentice Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sanin 3 View Post
That's filler can't use it here so.. you'll get denied even if it's logical >.<

Gotta use manga brah.
Says who? It wasn't even remotely close to filler, it was a legitimate part of the story.

There may be other people who completely disagree with you (I am not one of them) & it either a) needs to be establish & accepted by the people in the thread or b) written into the op (i.e. something along the lines of "manga rules" or "anime rules").

Unless I've missed something on the forum (entirely possible, been here like 2 years and have 70 posts ) it may also confuse other people because, like I said, there are some people who have never read the manga, or only fragments so they don't know what manga readers know.

-
Old 12-30-2011, 10:13 PM   #48
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

The manga is legit, it was written by the author.

Kuromaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:16 PM   #49
Axel
Apprentice Genin

So isn't the anime?

-
Old 12-30-2011, 10:21 PM   #50
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Kishimoto doesn't write the anime, the animators do. They base the anime off the manga but they add stuff in /

Old 12-30-2011, 10:31 PM   #51
Axel
Apprentice Genin

It's still considered canon by many people.

-
Old 12-30-2011, 10:33 PM   #52
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Well that depends on what you consider canon. I don't, but I can see why people would say it is.

Anyway, the Hidden Mist thing has been contradicted by the manga itself.

Old 12-30-2011, 10:36 PM   #53
Axel
Apprentice Genin

I don't either, but that's also why I'm taking the side of the argument I am, because some people do. That's why some clarification is needed!

Has it really? I'm not surprised, there have been quite a few times where he's contradicted himself. If you remember where I'd like to see however! If not dw about it

-
Old 12-30-2011, 10:39 PM   #54
Nightmare Luffy
Chunin Exam Participant

Nightmare Luffy saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Well the anime companies dont really have anything to go by other than the manga just like us. its not like theyre getting information we arent. If theres a subtle difference even though its based off the manga its still not canon, whatever happens in the manga goes is the bottom line.

The anime can do whatever they want they could randomly turn Naruto in a fish and stray completely off track from the real Naruto series. Hell maybe even they cant comprehend some stuff thats going on all they have is the manga pages to read. The anime company isnt the original people who made the series, Kishi is the person who originally wrote Naruto & thats why its considered Canon or official.

IDK How relevant that is any more in this conversation but you guys were talking about it so I posted.
SSBwdXQgaXQgaW4
gY29kZSBsaWtlIH
RoaXM/IDpQ

Nightmare Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:41 PM   #55
Axel
Apprentice Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare Luffy View Post
The anime can do whatever they want they could randomly turn Naruto in a fish and stray completely off track from the real Naruto series.
They do this all the time, they call it "filler". It may not be so ridiculous, but ridiculous nonetheless.

I've also derailed this thread pretty well lol

-
Old 12-30-2011, 11:00 PM   #56
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
I don't either, but that's also why I'm taking the side of the argument I am, because some people do. That's why some clarification is needed!

Has it really? I'm not surprised, there have been quite a few times where he's contradicted himself. If you remember where I'd like to see however! If not dw about it
in chapter 26 page 11 it implies that Kakashi can't see through the mist.

Old 12-30-2011, 11:13 PM   #57
Axel
Apprentice Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuromaki View Post
in chapter 26 page 11 it implies that Kakashi can't see through the mist.
I remembered that, I was talking about how it's contradicted it's self.

-
Old 12-30-2011, 11:14 PM   #58
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Oh, I was talking about how it contradicted the anime xD

Old 12-30-2011, 11:27 PM   #59
Axel
Apprentice Genin

oh lol I see I misunderstood

-
Old 12-31-2011, 11:11 PM   #60
Lord Jiraiya
Chunin Exam Participant

Lord Jiraiya has completed a tough C-rank mission!Lord Jiraiya has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Itachi will most likely hit Mai with Tsukoyomi it happens in a second and she out of the fight. Even if she avoid it Mai cant use acid mist IC. She already shown she wont risk it when she released it when Sasuke broke free from the sealed room.

Lava seems unable to damage Sasano'o Itachi's has shown to be the strongest.
SoT will end up sealing one of them most likely Tsunade. The Mai stand no chance.

This is IMO...
Lord Jiraiya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
itachi, mei, tsunade