Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Narutoverse

Narutoverse For all the debates involving characters from the Naruto series.

Old 12-08-2011, 01:49 PM   #1
joon
Special Jonin Candidate

joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Send a message via Skype™ to joon
Default hinata vs shino

who wins.
shippuden.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
joon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:24 PM   #2
vonshadow
Master Debater

vonshadow has completed a tough C-rank mission!vonshadow has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: hinata vs shino

I would probably say Shino. No way Hinata can get close enough to him with his bugs going at her.

Shinobi of The Village Hidden in the Jungle

"Becoming a jinchūriki, you can lose a lot, and your heart goes hollow, but if you got things you don't want to lose, they become a light to follow! The tailed beasts aren't our only source of strength! What was inside our hearts before the monster... shines like a sun, powers us to any length! That's where our true power comes from!" - Killer Bee

" Cool head, agile mind." - Shikaku Nara
vonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:27 PM   #3
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

TheBlackChidori is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Awards Showcase

Give Hinata anime feats and she MIGHT have a chance. Sadly, Shino's bugs make too many problems for a Mid-Tier Taijutsu fighter.
TheBlackChidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:59 PM   #4
assassin
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: I don't care where you are or what your doing...SO STOP TELLING ME ON TWITTER!
assassin finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.assassin finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.assassin finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.assassin finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.assassin finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.assassin finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.assassin finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.assassin finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Hinata's fighting style is 98%(maybe overexagerated number) close range and she doesn't have the air palm like Neji so Shino only has to keep his distance and let his insects drain her and and Hinata is just like when Neji hit all her chakra points. Pretty much Helpless.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
zanpaktou: Abrasador Tormenta
escudo espada #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin
contrary to popular belief, pm does not mean "private message", it means "perverted mind".

"My plan was perfect! But there was one thing I overlooked, one facter I failed to calculate. He's a dumba$$. And there's no accounting for dumba$$...ness." ~Agito
assassin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:02 PM   #5
assassin
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: I don't care where you are or what your doing...SO STOP TELLING ME ON TWITTER!
assassin finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.assassin finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.assassin finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.assassin finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.assassin finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.assassin finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.assassin finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.assassin finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackChidori View Post
Give Hinata anime feats and she MIGHT have a chance. Sadly, Shino's bugs make too many problems for a Mid-Tier Taijutsu fighter.
and also. I would classify Hinata's moves under ninjutsu cause they require chakra.

Remember movie one in the land of snow, Kakashi said himself if a ninja loses his chakra(not exact wording I know he said ninjutsu and genjutsu but still, those require chakra so it's implied) a ninja still has taijutsu.

zanpaktou: Abrasador Tormenta
escudo espada #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin
contrary to popular belief, pm does not mean "private message", it means "perverted mind".

"My plan was perfect! But there was one thing I overlooked, one facter I failed to calculate. He's a dumba$$. And there's no accounting for dumba$$...ness." ~Agito
assassin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:09 PM   #6
vonshadow
Master Debater

vonshadow has completed a tough C-rank mission!vonshadow has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin View Post
Hinata's fighting style is 98%(maybe overexagerated number) close range and she doesn't have the air palm like Neji so Shino only has to keep his distance and let his insects drain her and and Hinata is just like when Neji hit all her chakra points. Pretty much Helpless.
Actually Hinata does have Air Palm. She showed it in the War Arc.

"Becoming a jinchūriki, you can lose a lot, and your heart goes hollow, but if you got things you don't want to lose, they become a light to follow! The tailed beasts aren't our only source of strength! What was inside our hearts before the monster... shines like a sun, powers us to any length! That's where our true power comes from!" - Killer Bee

Old 12-08-2011, 05:56 PM   #7
Zatamizu Yougan
Veteran Chunin

Zatamizu Yougan saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

If anime feats are given, Hinata forms chakra needles and slices Shino's insects with ease.

"Life is not hard, we're just not used to it"
Zatamizu Yougan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:54 AM   #8
joon
Special Jonin Candidate

joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

shino is the winner.

Old 12-10-2011, 10:29 PM   #9
Zatamizu Yougan
Veteran Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by joon61 View Post
shino is the winner.
If anime feats aren't included, Shino blitzes otherswise.... Hinata wins

Old 12-11-2011, 04:34 AM   #10
joon
Special Jonin Candidate

any narutoverse threads that are made by joon61 have anime feats.

Old 12-11-2011, 04:55 AM   #11
vonshadow
Master Debater

Quote:
you should put it down in the OP, as to not to confuse people

Old 12-17-2011, 09:13 PM   #12
Zatamizu Yougan
Veteran Chunin

Quote:
Then Hinata wins!

Old 12-18-2011, 03:45 AM   #13
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Going by Hype Shinos bugs should Supersonic (thus eliminating any chance for Hinata.) due to having been able to dispatch his Bugs during Zankuuha which is stated to be an attack using Supersonic Sound Waves.

Chapter 53.

And I don't see how Hinata will damage Shino cause even with blocked Chakra Points the Bugs should still be able to operate.

In order to take out Shino, she'd have to take care of the Bugs and there are way too many.

Physical Combat doesn't seem effective as well due to a weakened Shino easily shrugging off Zankuuha.

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.

Last edited by Vivi; 12-18-2011 at 03:47 AM.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:16 AM   #14
DreamsOnWings
Veteran Chunin

DreamsOnWings saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

I say Shino. He showed far more promise prior to the time-skip, despite his lack of screen time.

Besides, the way I look at it, Shino's far-distance/close-distance/either trumps Hinata's close distance attacks.

"Shadow and light are two sides of the same coin. One cannot exist without the other."~Princess Zelda from Legend of Zelda; Twilight Princess

"'Hope' is just a fool's dream that brings despair at the end"~ Liselotte Werckmeister from 11eyes

"If life were a joke, death would be funny. However, they put jokes in life so that you can laugh while Death comes for you."~ Foxpilot

~LinkxZelda~
~ShikamaruxTemari~

DreamsOnWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:58 AM   #15
Anzen Kurama
Genin Elite

Anzen Kurama saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

But they can't get to her cause she'd be slicing them with her chakra needles.
Anzen Kurama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:10 AM   #16
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anzen Kurama View Post
Major keyword.
Chakra.

Its Hinata and her Chakra Needles vs Shino and his countless Bugs.

If we go by that Logic its impossible to determine a Winner.
Amount of Chakra vs amount of Bugs.

In addition:
Shinos Bugs eat Chakra so I got my doubts the needles will have much of an effect anyway.
Though some might argue they can't eat it in time thus get sliced however that only brings me back to my first point of Chakra vs Bugs.

I stay by my plea and say the Bugs are too fast for Hinata.

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:19 AM   #17
Sagittarius
Genin

Sagittarius has completed a tough C-rank mission!Sagittarius has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatamizu Yougan View Post
If anime feats are given, Hinata forms chakra needles and slices Shino's insects with ease.
No. Don't assume that just because she destroyed one group of insects with that technique it'll work on all insect users.
For one thing, those bees did not have the ability to eat chakra. They were just ninja bees.
For another, those bee users were defeated by the Aburame clan. Kikai>Bees.

By the way, if only manga feats makes it unfair for Hinata then why would anime feats for Hinata be allowed when it supposedly makes Hinata win with ease? (this judging from the other posts) It just goes from one extreme to the other.
Either way, anime feats for Hinata or not I'd still give the win to Shino.

Quote:
This should include both opponents, correct? Not just Hinata. I wonder this, because others seem to think it means Shino (or whoever) doesn't get his filler feats even though all of Joon's Narutoverse threads have anime feats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anzen Kurama View Post
No. Shino doesn't fight in a way that he spams insects at his opponents. He wouldn't keep sending them at Hinata if it didn't work the first time. He's a stratergy fighter. In fact, he doesn't use his insects to "test the waters", but provides a destraction first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
Major keyword.
In addition:
Shinos Bugs eat Chakra so I got my doubts the needles will have much of an effect anyway.
Though some might argue they can't eat it in time thus get sliced however that only brings me back to my first point of Chakra vs Bugs.

I stay by my plea and say the Bugs are too fast for Hinata.
There's also the fact that Shino fights using a stratergy and a destraction. He wouldn't fight by spamming his bugs on a technique that could possibly destroy them.

Sagittarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:24 AM   #18
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagittarius View Post

There's also the fact that Shino fights using a stratergy and a destraction.

He wouldn't fight by spamming his bugs on a technique that could possibly destroy them.
Sometimes.
However with having a Teammate as Opponent he'd naturally wouldn't just rush in cause he should have knowledge on Hinatas abilities.

IIRC the Needle Jutsu was only used once and I ain't too sure if Shino witnessed it.
Sure "Knowledge". Kinda hard to place here when its a Jutsu only used in the Anime and iirc once.

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:15 PM   #19
Sagittarius
Genin

Sagittarius has completed a tough C-rank mission!Sagittarius has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
Sometimes.
However with having a Teammate as Opponent he'd naturally wouldn't just rush in cause he should have knowledge on Hinatas abilities.

IIRC the Needle Jutsu was only used once and I ain't too sure if Shino witnessed it.
Sure "Knowledge". Kinda hard to place here when its a Jutsu only used in the Anime and iirc once.
Even if he didn't have knowledge on Hinata's abilities he wouldn't rush in anyway. That would require him to be incredibly OOC.

If Shino swarms a group (not all) of his insects at her and she uses Chakra Needles than Shino now has knowledge of them.

Sagittarius is offline   Reply With Quote