Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Narutoverse

Narutoverse For all the debates involving characters from the Naruto series.

View Poll Results: Who wins?
Minato 21 47.73%
Itachi 23 52.27%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2011, 03:41 PM   #61
Isoteen
Chunin

Isoteen saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Re: Itachi vs. Minato

Yeah for that Kyuubi feat I think he just ported to Kushina and grabbed her.

There's no real way he could have known where he took her, therefore he had to have had put a seal on her.

So as far as a foot speed feature, we don't even know when he ported, grabbed her or ran out. I don't really think this is valid.
Isoteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:43 PM   #62
heroeking
Banned

heroeking has a dark heart coursing with Dark Chakra

Minato is easily taken out with genjutsu.
heroeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:49 PM   #63
Bard Image
Apprentice Genin

Bard Image saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoteen View Post
Yeah for that Kyuubi feat I think he just ported to Kushina and grabbed her.

There's no real way he could have known where he took her, therefore he had to have had put a seal on her.

So as far as a foot speed feature, we don't even know when he ported, grabbed her or ran out. I don't really think this is valid.
His teleporting to her is a given--though he had a random seal in the air? That was running speed, he was instantly sky high and atop a tree by the time the Nine Tails had touched the ground.
Bard Image is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:05 PM   #64
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

I think Kushina had a seal on her stomach so Minato warped to her using that, but getting to the tree involved no seals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroeking View Post
Minato is easily taken out with genjutsu.
while he could be taken out with genjutsu potentially, it's not as easy to get him with it.
Kuromaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:10 PM   #65
heroeking
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuromaki View Post
I think Kushina had a seal on her stomach so Minato warped to her using that, but getting to the tree involved no seals.

while he could be taken out with genjutsu potentially, it's not as easy to get him with it.
Was stopping it?
Old 11-23-2011, 12:09 AM   #66
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Quote:
Was stopping it?
Stopping what, the genjutsu? idk. He just doesn't get caught in it if he's teleporting.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:24 AM   #67
heroeking
Banned

Quote:
Stopping what, the genjutsu? idk. He just doesn't get caught in it if he's teleporting.
Minato has to spread his kunai first. At the start of the battle Minato will look at Itachi anyway.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:48 AM   #68
LUCKY.KAKASHI
Chunin Exam Participant

LUCKY.KAKASHI saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Minato has to spread his kunai first. At the start of the battle Minato will look at Itachi anyway.
how did u know that he will kook at itachi ? their is no indication .
Old 11-23-2011, 01:55 AM   #69
LUCKY.KAKASHI
Chunin Exam Participant

at Isoteen

about dodging the kube , i already showed u the page and chapter in one of my previous post ( i think in page 3 ) but u purposely ignore it , and claiming that he has no features of base speed .

well ignore as possible as u can , all of this because u see itachi is too cool to be blitzed , and sadly that is what will happen .

even if we arguably agreed that minato used his ftg to arrive to his wife , he escaped from the kube while grabbing here in base speed , imagine if he was moving with out grabbing her , he would blitz every single character in the naruto vers .

i cant get clear way more than what kishi implies in the manga by showing u that A is the fastest , but minato is superior .

Last edited by LUCKY.KAKASHI; 11-23-2011 at 01:59 AM.
LUCKY.KAKASHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:15 AM   #70
ItachiKakashi1
Special Jonin Candidate

ItachiKakashi1 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.ItachiKakashi1 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.ItachiKakashi1 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.ItachiKakashi1 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.ItachiKakashi1 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.ItachiKakashi1 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.ItachiKakashi1 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

thats a hard match but i think at the end minato will come out on top
ItachiKakashi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:15 AM   #71
heroeking
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCKY.KAKASHI View Post
how did u know that he will kook at itachi ? their is no indication .
Show me one battle in Naruto where the opponent haven't looked at their enemy?
Old 11-23-2011, 09:25 AM   #72
Isoteen
Chunin

Quote:
at Isoteen

about dodging the kube , i already showed u the page and chapter in one of my previous post ( i think in page 3 ) but u purposely ignore it , and claiming that he has no features of base speed .

well ignore as possible as u can , all of this because u see itachi is too cool to be blitzed , and sadly that is what will happen .

even if we arguably agreed that minato used his ftg to arrive to his wife , he escaped from the kube while grabbing here in base speed , imagine if he was moving with out grabbing her , he would blitz every single character in the naruto vers .

i cant get clear way more than what kishi implies in the manga by showing u that A is the fastest , but minato is superior .
I don't see him as anything.

He has no knowledge, blitzing Itachi just means he gets put into Genjutsu.

There will clearly be a point in the battle where he makes eye contact, I mean seriously.

Speed at this point is really not relevant, that feature is no better than what Itachi has shown by blitzing Bee almost instantly.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:56 AM   #73
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Quote:
I don't think spreading kunai requires eye contact, especially since Minato can spread several kunai at a time.. Plus this match is from 50m away so Itachi won't be making any easy eye contact, at least not at the start of the fight
Old 11-23-2011, 11:02 AM   #74
heroeking
Banned

Quote:
I don't think spreading kunai requires eye contact, especially since Minato can spread several kunai at a time.. Plus this match is from 50m away so Itachi won't be making any easy eye contact, at least not at the start of the fight
In not any battle in Naruto has the opponent looked directly away from the opponent eyes at the start of a fight.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:10 AM   #75
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Quote:
In not any battle in Naruto has the opponent looked directly away from the opponent eyes at the start of a fight.
Yeah because they want to talk or something. Tell me why, then, people avoid Itachi eyes on purpose.

Oh yeah this is from 50m away too like I've said so many times.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:33 AM   #76
heroeking
Banned

Quote:
Yeah because they want to talk or something. Tell me why, then, people avoid Itachi eyes on purpose.

Oh yeah this is from 50m away too like I've said so many times.
People avoid his eyes after learning about, but at the start of a battle every ninja looks at their opponent.

What does 50m have to do with it?

Also Minato has no way of Killing Itachi. Sharingan can predict his movements. Gamabunta is easily killed with amaterasu or Susano'o. If Minato perhaps does almost kill Itachi. He can easily activate Susano'o.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:41 AM   #77
Isoteen
Chunin

50 meters doesn't make much of a difference.

Deidara was predicting Genjutsu from further than that against Sasuke.

Sasuke thought he captured him in Genjutsu from quite a formidable distance, to find out it was a clay clone.

Anyway, Kishimoto was obviously trying to prelude to the fact Sasuke could put him under genjutsu from very, very far away.

Itachi should be no different.

As for the kunai, Minato didn't use FTG on Tobi. It's more likely he attempts to blitz, and is put under Genjutsu.

Minato has made eye contact with almost everyone of his opponents, Raikage and Tobi, and he will not hesitate to make eye contact here.

Last edited by Isoteen; 11-23-2011 at 11:47 AM.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:59 AM   #78
LUCKY.KAKASHI
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Show me one battle in Naruto where the opponent haven't looked at their enemy?

99 % of uchiha battles

madara vs onike , onike said to the army " do not look in to madara eyes "

guy vs itachi

kakashi vs itachi

and allot and alone

so their is no indication that the battle will start with eye contact

and the probability of them starting with an eye contact = the probably of them not doing that
Old 11-23-2011, 12:01 PM   #79
Isoteen
Chunin

Quote:
99 % of uchiha battles

madara vs onike , onike said to the army " do not look in to madara eyes "

guy vs itachi

kakashi vs itachi

and allot and alone

so their is no indication that the battle will start with eye contact

and the probability of them starting with an eye contact = the probably of them not doing that
Kakashi had knowledge.

Onoki had knowledge.

Minato does not have knowledge.

Naruto had knowledge - Looked.

There is every indication that Minato will look at his enemy before attempting to assault. This is called not dying, and basic logic.

Features prove this, as he looked at both Raikage and Tobi during battle.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:05 PM   #80
LUCKY.KAKASHI
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoteen View Post
50 meters doesn't make much of a difference.

Deidara was predicting Genjutsu from further than that against Sasuke.

Sasuke thought he captured him in Genjutsu from quite a formidable distance, to find out it was a clay clone.

Anyway, Kishimoto was obviously trying to prelude to the fact Sasuke could put him under genjutsu from very, very far away.

Itachi should be no different.

As for the kunai, Minato didn't use FTG on Tobi. It's more likely he attempts to blitz, and is put under Genjutsu.

Minato has made eye contact with almost everyone of his opponents, Raikage and Tobi, and he will not hesitate to make eye contact here.
minato to fast for itachi to put him in genjutsu .

well to see itachi genjutsu feats , he never make agengutsu to an blitzing opponent ex

orochi was standing

kakashi was standing

didara was standing

sasuke was standing

itachi never showed the abillity to use genjutsu on high speed moving characters .

Tags
itachi, minato