Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Series Discussion

Series Discussion Got a favorite Anime or Manga you'd like to talk about? Maybe a Light or Visual Novel you think is interesting? Bring it all here!

View Poll Results: Should VIZ Media finish releasing the MAR anime?
Yes 12 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2010, 02:50 PM   #1
Pain-Konan
Genin Elite

Pain-Konan is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Question Should VIZ Media finish releasing the MAR anime?

Many of you probably remembered years ago VIZ Media put MAR (Marchen Awakens Romance) on Toonami Jetstream. It became fairly popular and even made it onto Toonami for a short time. However months after Cartoon Network's poor decision to cancel Toonami, they took down Toonami Jetstream. Toonami Jetstream was the last place people could watch the series legally in North America. This left people in the dark for watching MAR as VIZ Media had only released the first 16 episodes (Dub only) out of 102 on DVD before delisting the DVD's. Now most people have to import the Japanese DVD's to watch the whole series. VIZ Media had only dubbed the first 50 some episodes. Do you think VIZ Media should at some point finish releasing the anime, or at least get it to be streamed on VIZAnime? I think they should finish the dubbing, release the series again with all the episodes in both dubbed and subbed formats, and stream it on VIZAnime.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pain-Konan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 02:56 AM   #2
devilzzy
Freshmen Academy Student

devilzzy is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Should VIZ Media finish releasing the MAR anime?

Yes, they should. i would like it if they released again via boxsets with subs included on them, not just dubs. Either that Viz should give the license to another company who would actually release the entire series. That and some other few series such as Full Moon and Hikaru no Go.
devilzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 03:47 PM   #3
tsuki
Special Jonin Candidate

tsuki has completed a tough C-rank mission!tsuki has completed a tough C-rank mission!

sure, why not? It was a good anime. They need to finish dubbing Prince of Tennis as well.
tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:46 AM   #4
Miles Edgeworth
Special Jonin Candidate

Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via AIM to Miles Edgeworth Send a message via MSN to Miles Edgeworth

It would be nice for it to be released again.

I read the manga and I have to say that it was pretty good.

Never got to finish the anime though.
Miles Edgeworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:14 PM   #5
Pain-Konan
Genin Elite

I seriously wonder why they haven't even at least put the episodes they did dub on VIZAnime (And Hulu). They really should as this was a good series, but we never got all the stuff released here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:00 AM   #6
Pain-Konan
Genin Elite

Sorry for the bump, but here's some good news. MAR is going to be legally streaming on Hulu and VIZAnime. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/pres...e.com-and-hulu

Old 01-15-2011, 11:03 AM   #7
Raiku
Chunin Exam Proctor

Raiku saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

^
Thats good. It's a pretty good anime

I'm not asking you to win..I'm asking you not to give up.
Raiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:36 AM   #8
Dio Brando
Chunin Exam Proctor

Dio Brando is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

No. Viz butchers every manga it gets its filthy hands on.

Dio Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:34 PM   #9
Sheelah
S-Class Ninja

Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

yes please!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Preferably in boxed sets in blu ray!!!!

Rest in Peace...My Beloved Cat..I will always miss you. 7/9/2012

Second Place in the 2011 Greatest Naruto Character Ever Contest

Sheelah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:10 PM   #10
DeathStalker35
Banned

DeathStalker35 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

yes on a different channel and boxset
DeathStalker35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:15 PM   #11
NBT
Banned

NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dio Brando View Post
No. Viz butchers every manga it gets its filthy hands on.
Still better than nothing.
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:24 PM   #12
Devroux

Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain-Konan View Post
Sorry for the bump, but here's some good news. MAR is going to be legally streaming on Hulu and VIZAnime. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/pres...e.com-and-hulu
I liked MAR so... Good.
χ Δ|✝ΣR

Devroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:28 PM   #13
Miles Edgeworth
Special Jonin Candidate

Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via AIM to Miles Edgeworth Send a message via MSN to Miles Edgeworth

It'd be nice if they were released on DVD though, I remember a while ago when I tried to find the anime and I never could.

I'm sure I could find it now somewhere but I'm lazy and don't have time for much anime watching these days.
Miles Edgeworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:44 AM   #14
7 Paths of Pain
Vasto Lorde

7 Paths of Pain is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.7 Paths of Pain is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.7 Paths of Pain is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.7 Paths of Pain is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.7 Paths of Pain is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain-Konan View Post
Many of you probably remembered years ago VIZ Media put MAR (Marchen Awakens Romance) on Toonami Jetstream. It became fairly popular and even made it onto Toonami for a short time. However months after Cartoon Network's poor decision to cancel Toonami, they took down Toonami Jetstream. Toonami Jetstream was the last place people could watch the series legally in North America. This left people in the dark for watching MAR as VIZ Media had only released the first 16 episodes (Dub only) out of 102 on DVD before delisting the DVD's. Now most people have to import the Japanese DVD's to watch the whole series. VIZ Media had only dubbed the first 50 some episodes. Do you think VIZ Media should at some point finish releasing the anime, or at least get it to be streamed on VIZAnime? I think they should finish the dubbing, release the series again with all the episodes in both dubbed and subbed formats, and stream it on VIZAnime.
ask and who knows maybe they just forgot about you'll never know till you try goodluck if you do
Epic Friend Taker369
"I've thought of a wonder present for you... Shall I give You despair?" - Sephiroth
"One who knows nothing!..can understand nothing!" - Ansem

7 Paths of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:42 PM   #15
ShadowACS
Freshmen Academy Student

ShadowACS is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Absolutely, 100% YES. Even if you think they butcher it, no one's making you watch the dubbed version, so support it regardless. We need to let them know somehow that this anime NEEDS to be finished. Is there anyway to contact them?
ShadowACS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:35 PM   #16
Pain-Konan
Genin Elite

Yes there is, but only by snail-mail.http://www.viz.com/company/contact

Anyway it seems VIZ Media actually is actively trying to finish it. They're already streaming the series (On Hulu and VIZAnime) with two episodes added every Monday (36-37 will be up tomorrow), and episodes are up on iTunes and PlayStation Network (Not sure if it's on Xbox Live Marketplace.).

Old 12-30-2011, 09:57 PM   #17
sanji134
Freshmen Academy Student

sanji134 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Yea they should, i fully support this because they really left us in the dark with the war games i mean the least they could do was finish that(im assuming the war games is not the end of the series, i never finished because i normally only watch dub although there are some exceptions, but i try to stick with dubs) plus the music was simply amazing, i loved it all, they could put out some of the music they used while they're at it, this anime was always underground and ppl judge it b4 they even try to watch at least 5 episodes(i feel u get the gist of wat an anime is gonna play out after the 4th or 5th episode) it truly is great
sanji134 is offline   Reply With Quote