Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion

Naruto Manga Discussion All the latest discussions about the Naruto manga (beware, spoilers abound).

Old 10-14-2011, 10:35 PM   #1
EnigmaNinja
Genin

EnigmaNinja has completed a tough C-rank mission!EnigmaNinja has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Lightbulb TOBI (man behind the mask) is Obito Uchiha

In naruto chapter 364, found on a sight called naruto manga returns, it shows into the hole in Tobi's mask. The same hole that Obito's non-removed sharingan was. There is a sharingan there. Tobi and Obito both wear black and have the same hair. They both have more of a conscience than most akatsuki members. Akatsuki had Kakuzu who could re-animate boke parts. One theory is that Zetsu found the dying Obito and rescued him. Another is that he some how escaped. Both had a low regard for rules.When Tobi became over powered by konan paper bombs the damage caused him to have a wrecked mask and his right sleeve was torn off, there you could see a white arm that was created by Zetsu. There is also the name relation. As my final proof I quote chapter 364. This is what Obito/Tobi says: "The sharingans true power... my power...Uchiha Madara's power..." Next it shows you the picture. You may think that Tobi is Uchiha Madara, but keep in mind that Madara was an extremely powerful ninja that probably lived long ago and Tobi space/time jutsu comes from his mask. When he uses this jutsu his whole body gets sucked into the hole in his right eye. this is also similar to kakashi technique except he uses it as in offense where it decenter grates objects. Tobi is a strong but not extreme ninja who is theoreticly about kakashi's age. This is the proof that Obito and Tobi are the same person.

what do you guys think??

EnigmaNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:45 PM   #2
Wisely Done
Freshmen Academy Student

Wisely Done is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: TOBI (man behind the mask) is Obito Uchiha

Yeah , I think so too. His hair looks the same as Obito's.
Wisely Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:47 PM   #3
Tunnie
Freshmen Academy Student

Tunnie is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

mayb but obito face was crushed if he did escape one side of his would be flat lik a mcdonalds pancake i thinks it madars brothe just because it will be cool and also madar could of been the one in the coffin when kabuto showed tobi or it could be the sage of the six path just sayin im probably way off but its my fantasy lol
Tunnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:38 PM   #4
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.
zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Are we really going to start with this again?

The hair means nothing; that is like me saying Kiba and Naruto are the same people from their hair.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

zerosameri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:43 PM   #5
ILIKEPIE
ILIKETURTLES
WS-Genin

ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

In the future Naruto will create a shadow clone that will go to the past and lose it's memories and become a baby and that clone eventualy becomes Kiba
so that proves Kiba is Naruto jk

Kani wuuuuuuz here.
IG was here
ILIKEPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:31 PM   #6
Kioroshi.
Chunin Exam Proctor

Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

No way Tobi is Obito.Thats all i will say.
And you will see soon.
Kioroshi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:13 PM   #7
Macraozf
Freshmen Academy Student

Macraozf is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I think you are worng, the forth Hokage faced the masked man before and defeated him, in that time kakashi was youth little man, not a grown man like tobi at that time. this is my idea, let me konw your comment. Thank you.
Macraozf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:34 PM   #8
A7XNaruHina
Genin

A7XNaruHina saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

If he's Obito, i will hate the series forever.
Forum gf: KimikoUchiha
Crazy Student: medlnic15 :3
naruhinaforever
A7XNaruHina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:45 PM   #9
medlnic15
Chunin Exam Proctor

medlnic15 has completed a tough C-rank mission!medlnic15 has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Send a message via MSN to medlnic15

It's possible. I wouldn't count it out, but you know. It would be pointless of him to be Tobi.
:::::::::::::::
':::::::::::::'
':::::::::'
':::::'
':'
medlnic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:45 PM   #10
n.k.123
Freshmen Academy Student

n.k.123 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

you said that the hole in the mask is on the same side of the face as obitos non removed sharingan. however, obitos whole entire right side of the body was crushed by a boulder.
in chapter 460, madara says that the caster of the impure world resurrection jutsu was HIS doing. that must mean it was someone madara knew closely, or someoneelse who he deeply hated (not saying its the first hokage. i think thats ridiculous) madara couldnt have possibly known obito.
n.k.123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:08 AM   #11
skybolt
Freshmen Academy Student

skybolt is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macraozf View Post
I think you are worng, the forth Hokage faced the masked man before and defeated him, in that time kakashi was youth little man, not a grown man like tobi at that time. this is my idea, let me konw your comment. Thank you.
I think a lot of people keep forgetting this fact. Tobi fought the 4th Hokage over 16 years ago. Even if Obito was dead at that time how did he become so powerful and was able to control the nine tail fox?

I still think that Danzo being Tobi makes the most sense. He was the only person other than Shisui and Hitachi involved in the whole Uchiha massacre. He also had access to all the Sharingans when they were all slaughtered. The masked man fighting the 4th Hokage and the Kazakage 16 years ago was no slouch or a 12-year old kid. This was a veteran that controlled the nine tailed fox and gave the 4th Hokage a run for his money. Also, when Saske showed up at the summit, Danzo ran out before Tobi appreared later to save Saske. The whole battle between Saske and Danzo was just a huge genjutsu being used against Saske to fool him into believing that Madara and himself avenged the Uchiha clan.
skybolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:57 AM   #12
Dunkin
Genin Elite

Dunkin saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via MSN to Dunkin Send a message via Yahoo to Dunkin Send a message via Skype™ to Dunkin

No, I don't believe him to be Obito. Him being a Zetsu Clone of Madara OR Izuna makes much more sense.

Who ever is behind the mask is EVIL and wants war. Obito wasn't evil. And besides he was crushed and died.
I mean if it DOES turn out being him, I am going to be highly upset, mainly due to the fact that Obito was a sorry sad excuse for an Uchiha to begin with. (My opinion entirely)

It even makes more sense if it were to turn out being the Sage himself.

And on top of that Obito was a little kid, how on earth would he know anything about Madara? Or anything related to him? That happened way before Obito's time.
And besides, who ever is behind that mask looks ANCHIENT, Obito (Granted he didn't actually die) wouldn't be that old nor look that old.

Going about it based on hair cut similarities and such just doesn't make much sense.

We're just gonna have to wait and see...

Last edited by Dunkin; 10-26-2011 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Some typos
Dunkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:15 AM   #13
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
Aiding Kakashi, Yamato, & Iruka

Location: Konohagakure, with the people dearest to me. Aiding Kakashi on the battlefield and saving Yamato!
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

if he was obito..kakashi would be pretty darn surprised

but he was surely crushed by the falling rocks

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thanks Edyl

Cred2Anru

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
[1/7/2014 9:25:36 AM] Tuus Deus(CoP): I know Daph spends all her time staring at Kakashi pictures
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality
Kakashi pretending to get stabbed by Obito because he's such a nice guy and doesn't want Obito to feel about about sucking so much
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality
I would just like you to know that I am awesome.
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
I disagree. The best way to get rep from Daph is to be me.

Spoiler:
03-02, 13:09 The Immortal Watch Dog
You got Daph Rice, everyone got her
She's one of my psycho's
she's Cults banner girl
Quote:
This is why you're secretly my favorite woman on the forum
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:01 PM   #14
MadaraVille
Freshmen Academy Student

MadaraVille is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Ive created an account especially to reply to this. I am SICK of read people saying that Tobi is Obito. Tobi CANT BE OBITO! Tobi attacked the Village when Naruto was born. How in the world that could be Obito? He was just a child, probably still alive. Stop talking no sence , read the manga with inteligence please.
PS- this is not an offensive message, im just mad and sick of seeing everyone talking about Obito. Kishimoto played with Naruto fans when he made a character with a mask hiding one Sharingan so you people could think he was Obito. Plus, Tobi has an old face as you could see when he took off the mask. So please, no more Obito.

Last edited by MadaraVille; 10-26-2011 at 07:04 PM.
MadaraVille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:08 PM   #15
MinatoXNaruto
Veteran Chunin

MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Idiot's, this has already been disproven. if your dumbass would have payed attention to the manga, you would already know that Tobi had two sharingans. he used one on izanagi and still has one. Who ever started this thread is an idiot

Last edited by MinatoXNaruto; 10-27-2011 at 05:10 AM.
MinatoXNaruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:37 AM   #16
LMAO
Academy Graduate

LMAO saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

^^^^^^^^^^^

Intelligent posts

Tobi is not Obito. Obito is dead.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:08 AM   #17
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadaraVille View Post
Ive created an account especially to reply to this. I am SICK of read people saying that Tobi is Obito. Tobi CANT BE OBITO! Tobi attacked the Village when Naruto was born. How in the world that could be Obito? He was just a child, probably still alive

Plus, Tobi has an old face as you could see when he took off the mask. So please, no more Obito.
The Kyuubi Incident occured 16 years ago and Gaiden took place 17 years ago.
Basically Obito died 1 year before the Incident happened.

All we could see was a Face with odd wrinkles.
Thats no sign of old age when you think about the possibility of Facial Reconstructure.

What People don't see is this:

17 years ago Obito died with his right Body side crushed under a Rock.

One year Later a Masked Man summons the Kyuubi at Narutos Birth,
With a Mirror Effect to Kakashi and a Jutsu strongly resembling Kamui.

16 years later:
Tobi tells Kakashi Kamui has no effect on him without it ever having been used on him.
I note that the Jutsus are basically the same except that Kakashi can't use it on himself while Tobi can.
Kakashi can use it far ranged, while Tobi can't.

Additionally:
Tobi's right arm consisted of Zetsu Goo.
The same side Obito was crushed on.

And the biggest connection:
Obito during Gaiden encountered a Iwa Nin called Miharu.
And guess:
This Miharu uses the exact same Jutsu as Zetsu does being Mayfly,
being the only Person beside Zetsu to do so.

And Madara even has a Motive on WHY Obito of all People:
I present Chapter 244, the Final Chapter of Gaiden.
Obito and Kakashi were deemed Heroes.

Being dead in Naruto means nothing we know that and
anyone who claims impossibility due to Death needs
to reread the Manga.
Kisame thought to be dead.
Konoha Shinobi revived.
Edo Tensei revives the Dead.
And most of all the stupid claim of Obito being dead,
yet Madara being alive was immediately possible.

=/

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:17 AM   #18
MinatoXNaruto
Veteran Chunin

MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
The Kyuubi Incident occured 16 years ago and Gaiden took place 17 years ago.
Basically Obito died 1 year before the Incident happened.

All we could see was a Face with odd wrinkles.
Thats no sign of old age when you think about the possibility of Facial Reconstructure.

What People don't see is this:

17 years ago Obito died with his right Body side crushed under a Rock.

One year Later a Masked Man summons the Kyuubi at Narutos Birth,
With a Mirror Effect to Kakashi and a Jutsu strongly resembling Kamui.

16 years later:
Tobi tells Kakashi Kamui has no effect on him without it ever having been used on him.
I note that the Jutsus are basically the same except that Kakashi can't use it on himself while Tobi can.
Kakashi can use it far ranged, while Tobi can't.

Additionally:
Tobi's right arm consisted of Zetsu Goo.
The same side Obito was crushed on.

And the biggest connection:
Obito during Gaiden encountered a Iwa Nin called Miharu.
And guess:
This Miharu uses the exact same Jutsu as Zetsu does being Mayfly,
being the only Person beside Zetsu to do so.

And Madara even has a Motive on WHY Obito of all People:
I present Chapter 244, the Final Chapter of Gaiden.
Obito and Kakashi were deemed Heroes.

Being dead in Naruto means nothing we know that and
anyone who claims impossibility due to Death needs
to reread the Manga.
Kisame thought to be dead.
Konoha Shinobi revived.
Edo Tensei revives the Dead.
And most of all the stupid claim of Obito being dead,
yet Madara being alive was immediately possible.

=/
They only came back through Edo. Madara was dead. Kabuto ET'ed him. Obito is definitely not Tobi. Obito died a long time ago. Tobi was a grown man when he attacked the village. Minato told naruto it was the same guy from back then. So what if they have the same jutsu. Anybody can have the same jutsu. Jiraiya and Naruto have the same jutsu. Does that mean Jiraiya is secretly Naruto, NO. These simple minded idiots think they can just make an assumption without doing research. Tobi is not Obito.

Good day

MinatoXNaruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:07 AM   #19
skybolt
Freshmen Academy Student

skybolt is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Here are the problems I still have with the whole Obito/Tobi thing.

Let's say Zetsu was a creation of Madara from long ago and was waiting for an opportunity to use the body of an Uchiha clan member to give himself some power to accomplish his deeds. This seems like a plausible plan and using Obito's body would make some sense. However, we could clearly see when the slab fell on Obito, his entire right side was crushed including the eye. A crushed eye can't be used just like Tobi couldn't use Shisui's eye when Danzo crushed it. Secondly, I could clearly see that the 4th Hokage towered over Kakashi and Obito when he was their Sensei. How in the world did Obito grow into a full grown man just a year later. Thirdly, how did Obito acquire the power to control the nine tails and use it against the Konoho village, and more importantly, why? It's just too much backstory for Kishi to fill in showing Zetsu rescuing Obito, fixing his crushed eye and body, mind controlling him so that he hates the village he grew up in and loved (let's remember this was way before the Uchiha massacre), and teaching him how to control the Kyubi....Madara style. If Kishi does give this explanation for having Tobi be Obito then IMO he's jumping the shark while trying to fit a square box inside a circular opening. Also, the idea of Shisui being Tobi is less likely since Shisui is around Hitachi's age and was probably 6 years old when Tobi fought the 4th Hokage.
skybolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:04 AM   #20
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinatoXNaruto View Post
They only came back through Edo. Madara was dead. Kabuto ET'ed him. Obito is definitely not Tobi. Obito died a long time ago.

Tobi was a grown man when he attacked the village.

Minato told naruto it was the same guy from back then.

So what if they have the same jutsu. Anybody can have the same jutsu.

Jiraiya and Naruto have the same jutsu.

Does that mean Jiraiya is secretly Naruto, NO.

These simple minded idiots think they can just make an assumption without doing research. Tobi is not Obito.

Good day
Moot Point as I already said being dead means nothing in Naruto since it's Fiction.
Say it with me.
FICTION.

Chapter 502 Page 2.
You certainly can't tell that Guy and Kakashi are 14-15 there.

Your point?

Nope.

Cause he taught him, making him the 3rd Person to learn Rasengan cause of its difficulty.
Again moot Point from you.

Because we saw them together course not.

First of all:
Reported.
Secondly:
I've done my research more than well enough, its just People being unable to even see that this is Fiction.
90% of all Obito disbelievers simply go with:
Obito is dead!11
When in Fiction being dead means nothing as proven multiple times.

Quote:
However, we could clearly see when the slab fell on Obito, his entire right side was crushed including the eye
Good thing Zetsu can repair Body Parts right?
Oh and we havent seen how badly his Eye got damaged.
Quote:
A crushed eye can't be used just like Tobi couldn't use Shisui's eye when Danzo crushed it.
Again:
That depends on how badly it got damaged.

Quote:
Secondly, I could clearly see that the 4th Hokage towered over Kakashi and Obito when he was their Sensei. How in the world did Obito grow into a full grown man just a year later.
Already provided the Manga Page.
Kakashi has grown majorly in a single year.

Quote:
Thirdly, how did Obito acquire the power to control the nine tails and use it against the Konoho village, and more importantly, why?
Being posessed by Madara naturally.

Quote:
It's just too much backstory for Kishi
We got a 6 Chapter backstory on Kakashis Past in addition that this is Tobi we're talking about.
Who's Idendity is probably the most discussed Theme in Manga currently.
We are bound to get a massive backstory with so much Mysterium.

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote