Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Video Game Central

Video Game Central For any and all game discussion threads not related to Naruto

Old 05-30-2011, 08:21 PM   #1
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Free games Reviews ;)

Boredom Prevails!

So there are a lot of retail games with threads asking if anyone has played them,but what of the free games? Well I decided to start a giant list of games which fail and others which are epic; everything else in between peeps.

Why Play Free Games?
if being free and legal is not enough for you scalawags, then consider the following statements, if you will. Free games when compared with retail games are experimental in many ways, this is mainly because of the profits factor. There are a free gems which failed due to continued losses,while others which survive because their premium services entice players enough to bite. Yet in the end, many are free to play, but you have to pay to win. Which in itself can be frustrating,but not all games are equal. Some are generous and others are stingy, but all usually have an usually high fun factor considering the fact that they are free games. If you can find one you like, it's more power to you.

The LIST(It'sincompletebecauseIhaveonlyplayedahandfulofgamesduetomajorsuckiness)

Shooters:

RPGs hack and slashers:
Spoiler:

Name: Conquer Online

Graphics: They are very outdated,but there is a charm in the simplicity.

Soundon't expect anything great, it's just a mesh of random swords clashing and lighting-ish sounds.

Replay Value: If you play as a free player, it has hours upon hours of gameplay.

Entertainment: If you like killing monsters to bring trasure back home, then this is the game for you.

Review:

At first glance, Conquer online will rather dull and boring because you're limited until level 40. Yet, as you go through the motions and complete quests, your experience becomes stream lined and you find yourself running around doing small errands, rather than grinding for hours on end. Now I am not saying that anything Conquer online does is revolutionary,but it is an eight year old game with a strong player base.

Now to touch on a few of the game's features and highlights, I'll start by saying that everything a player who pays for the game, a free player can do at a much slower pace. Unlike other free games which literally make you pay money or you can't do certain quests or obtain certain items, conquer online is not one of those games. That said, their prices are so cheap that anyone with twenty dollars can advance to the end game levels without leaving town, which is frustrating when you are scrounging around for dirt cheap items.

To touch the tip of the iceberg, I'm going to go through a list of things one can do besides treasure hunt for loots. You can hunt down criminal players who go about killing people indiscriminately.The funny thing about this,is when you get your reward, the defeated player goes to an actual jail for a certain time span. Now if that isn't your thang, you can become a merchant in an actual market square, or mentor newer players and be rewarded. Keep going eh? Well one of the best things about Conquer online is the reborn aspect. When you reach the maximum level, you can reincarnate your character and gain an array of newer powers which most players will never have.

But in the end, Player versus plyer combat is the real goal of Conquer online. There are many varieties of competitions in conquer, you can donate ingame currency to gain ranks an special aura which display your elite status(It's just kool for aesthetic purposes). You can participate in horse racing, capture the flag, and grand tournaments competing against the top 200 players out of thousands.

In the end, this is only the tip of the iceberg. There are small nuances such as perpetual pvp mode,which means you can kill anyone with or without their consent. You can become strong with paying a dime,you can craft power items, and take numerous quests. What do I know, I'm a noob who started 6 days ago.

Edit:After playing a bit more with the other 5 classes,I have really begun to appreciate the combat system. As a warrior class, the game can seem a bit lack luster to watch,but the other classes are far more entertaining to watch. You might be a Fire Taoist who can become a blazing fire tornado, or an archer with the ability to literally fly. While the monsters aren't too speedy, you are. The movement system isn't bogged down like other MMOs, you can actually retreat fairly quickly and when it comes to player versus player, that loose ability to move around makes for an entertaining battle.

Rating: 7.58.2

System Requirements: Basically high speed internet and a computer made after 2004.

Site: http://co.91.com/index/

Arena based:

Games to come:
Combat Arms
Quake Live
Wolf Team
Cloud Nine
war Rock
League of Legends

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants

Last edited by Bacon; 05-31-2011 at 02:44 PM.
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:47 PM   #2
Devroux

Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Free games Reviews ;)

Moar! And a genre for the games would be cool.
χ Δ|✝ΣR

Devroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:53 PM   #3
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Woot! Well I have a few more I can do,but playing these games will take a while. xD I might have one every week, if I really spend that much time on the computer. >.>(which I shouldn't )

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Old 05-30-2011, 09:59 PM   #4
Devroux

Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

No life it or I won't pay attention.

JK. One weekly/bi-weekly would be perfect. Even if you play it for an hour max., I'd be cool with that. Either way, I look forward to more. I need some games to occupy my time. ;P
χ Δ|✝ΣR

Devroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:00 PM   #5
9naruto
Chunin Exam Proctor

9naruto saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Pokie Ninjas- awesome Naruto/Bleach showdowness

"You couldn't hit me with a hollow tip even if you graduated with a sniper scholarship... this is my lyrical semi-automatic, pop-pop-pop!" ~Bulletproof
9naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:09 PM   #6
Bacon

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devroux View Post
No life it or I won't pay attention.

JK. One weekly/bi-weekly would be perfect. Even if you play it for an hour max., I'd be cool with that. Either way, I look forward to more. I need some games to occupy my time. ;P
Will do Devvy, I am going to look into shooters next week and League of legends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9naruto View Post
Pokie Ninjas- awesome Naruto/Bleach showdowness
I'll definitely do this one,but it will be a zonk game. I was disapointed that you have no control over the character,but the girls looked hot in the character selection menu. xD

Quote:

Old 05-30-2011, 10:11 PM   #7
9naruto
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
Will do Devvy, I am going to look into shooters next week and League of legends.

I'll definitely do this one,but it will be a zonk game. I was disapointed that you have no control over the character,but the girls looked hot in the character selection menu. xD
Leage of legends is fun, I hate the no control in Pokie ninjas... but dem anime chicks are HOT

"You couldn't hit me with a hollow tip even if you graduated with a sniper scholarship... this is my lyrical semi-automatic, pop-pop-pop!" ~Bulletproof
Old 05-30-2011, 10:20 PM   #8
Bacon

Awards Showcase

When Hiyori is attractive, you know something is wrong. xD

Yep, I heard great things about LoL,but I need to try it for myself. Unless you want to do that one.

Quote:

Old 05-30-2011, 10:22 PM   #9
9naruto
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
When Hiyori is attractive, you know something is wrong. xD

Yep, I heard great things about LoL,but I need to try it for myself. Unless you want to do that one.
My advice is get Master Yi, then at the beginning get the skill where he attacks multiple opponets, get a helth boost (Tank him out), the go to the bottom path

Old 10-15-2011, 03:35 PM   #10
Bacon

Awards Showcase

/bump gonna do more xD

Quote:

Old 10-15-2011, 03:37 PM   #11
The Fourth Raikage
Chunin

The Fourth Raikage saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Combat Arms - I have played this, I enjoyed it quite a lot as it is similar to MW2, Black Ops and all that. However, what really put me off was all of the internet warriors that come along with each and every game that Nexon owns. Another thing was I noticed there were a lot of hackers.
Amber is my wife - forever and always. <3
The Fourth Raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 03:38 PM   #12
Bacon

Awards Showcase

Ehh, Combat arms made me shy away because of the hacks.

Quote:

Old 10-15-2011, 03:40 PM   #13
The Fourth Raikage
Chunin

Quote:
Ehh, Combat arms made me shy away because of the hacks.
Myself also - I haven't played it since I tried it. =P A game that I used to love was Maplestory - this is now also owned by Nexon, and it has gone down the drain. It would be more interesting if they changed it more - not just have it grind all day.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:31 PM   #14
Vornmusion
Smooth as Sandpaper
Sage of Lemonade
CB Murder Bros & Co.
Urthalre Di Wer Kepesk

Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.
Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fourth Raikage View Post
A game that I used to love was Maplestory - this is now also owned by Nexon, and it has gone down the drain. It would be more interesting if they changed it more - not just have it grind all day.
They've already made it so you can go 1-80 within a couple of days. Don't think they will change the games entire appeal any more than that.
Vornmusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:44 PM   #15
Bacon

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vornmusion View Post
They've already made it so you can go 1-80 within a couple of days. Don't think they will change the games entire appeal any more than that.
Not that I am an expert on the subject, but most reviews I've read say they are constantly updating it.

Quote:

Old 10-15-2011, 04:48 PM   #16
Vornmusion
Smooth as Sandpaper
Sage of Lemonade
CB Murder Bros & Co.
Urthalre Di Wer Kepesk

Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.
Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.

Quote:
Not that I am an expert on the subject, but most reviews I've read say they are constantly updating it.
Updating, as in adding new areas to grind, and new classes to grind with. The base game hasn't changed in 4+ years, and I doubt it will. The grind is how they keep people playing their game and giving them money. I found the game boring now, you level so quickly you might aswell play on a private server and get the NX items for free. Many of the worlds are as empty as one anyways.
Vornmusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:51 PM   #17
Bacon

Awards Showcase

Erm I haven't played very many games cuz tend to get obsessive. xD Though I imagine maplestory's appeal is limited because of its genre.

Quote:

Old 10-15-2011, 06:51 PM   #18
Rasengan SageX5
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: I am a resident of the multi-verse. I can transfer my mind to where ever I want to be!
Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

The only free game I play online is Adventure Quest Worlds. Its a pretty fun game, but its really hard to get any good items, armors, or classes without being a member. They offer some good items, weapons and new classes for non-members, but you have to usually get your character to level 10 reputation for that area, which is a pain in the butt when they only offer about 2 quests per area that are only worth about 2000 points to non-members. I'd recommend it. Its challenging, constantly be updated, and has some really funny cutscenes.

I love this! This is what I live for! I'M ABSOLUTELY CRAZY ABOUT IT!!!- Dante from the end of DMC 3 getting ready to pwn a bunch of minor demons.

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Derpy Hooves:4 Twilight Sparkle:0

Rasengan SageX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:15 PM   #19
Sagepain
............... The Original Sage

Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Sagepain

I just recently started playing Digimon Masters Online, Its pretty fun IMO especially if you watched the digimon series when you were a kid

leveling isint so hard in the beginning but at around level 50 it takes around 30min- to and hour per level, other than that I think this game is great.

Sagepain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:17 PM   #20
The Fourth Raikage
Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vornmusion View Post
I already know you can get 1-80 in a day, however, it is all the same - just grind, grind, grind. Who wants to do that for 5 months straight to reach the max level which then doesn't let you do anything else.