Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Narutoverse

Narutoverse For all the debates involving characters from the Naruto series.

Old 09-25-2011, 03:13 PM   #81
Super Sanin 3
Special Jonin Candidate

Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Tier Debate: Itachi vs. Pain

Wait, when was Itachi told about shared eyesight? Yet he knew to throw kunai at the blind spot of the summons and Nagato
Super Sanin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:19 PM   #82
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321zigzag3 View Post
To sum it up, you are just saying Susanoo rampage mainly.
More like tsukiyomi rampage,but you get my drift. It's all coming down to shinra tensei and susano. There's nothing the other paths could do unless they coordinate their movements to overwhelm itachi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuromaki View Post
This leads me to question why Nagato is far above Itachi on the list, but the Pains aren't.

It wasn't really a wall compared to the walls of text I just faced. ._.

They got caught because it's sound based and it affects all who hear it. Except for the users, naturally.

It's not that easy. They can move around and attack. I feel like people here are imagining that the six Pain will stand there and let the sword hit them, assuming Itachi even used Susanoo to start off and that they gave him the opportunity to use it.

Also, Deva and Naraka take priority above the rest, which is why they appeared to be at the back of the formation against Naruto.
OHH, it was naraka who was the reviver.

Yes,but in order to use their abilities, they gotta look at itachi. Who puts a few outta commission.

As for what actually would happen.
Animal:
I'd imagine animal's summons being taken out genjutsu. A big body =/= a big brain. Assitionally if they were really a problem, they could be killed by grand fireball jutsu or susano. Yes zigzag, I mentioned it.

Asura and human path: These two would obviously be using their speed to kite itachi while he faces the summons. But as we have seen from itachi before, his sheer dexterity and speed should be able to handle any rocket arms asura launches. As for human, a few kunai to the next should put him out.

Naraka and preta: They are known for their speed? LOLOL not, preta would be the contingency plan
if a susano sword/ fireball jutsu actually manages to endanger the naraka and himself. Preta's only threat lies in his ability to make itachi waste chakra because his aborbtion should in theory, neutralize sasano.

As for deva: I doubt he could win on his own. Where he becomes too much for itachi is when the others are keeping Itachi occupied. That's where his gravity forces sasuano to be used, thus where everything goes down hill for itachi. He's already wasting chakra because of preta, he can't stay still because of animal's summons and and kiting from human/asura. So this is where itachi would meet his ultimate downfall.

That's why I stress neutralization by genjutsu. It puts the most important paths out of commission,so the others fall like a house of cards. But Itachi is not known for his vast pool of chakra, thus he would probably tire out long before the paths, thus lose.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants

Last edited by Bacon; 09-25-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:24 PM   #83
LUCKY.KAKASHI
Chunin Exam Participant

LUCKY.KAKASHI saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

the summary

ones who believe that tsuki will affects nagato , thinks itachi will win .

ones who don't believe that, thinks pains will win .

so it is simple
Old 09-25-2011, 03:27 PM   #84
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
More like tsukiyomi rampage,but you get my drift. It's all coming down to shinra tensei and susano. There's nothing the other paths could do unless they coordinate their movements to overwhelm itachi.
Actually Susanoo rampage makes the most sense because its the most lethal.

Good thing. Animal Path has summons, Asura Path has missiles and head laser and Human Path is a blindsider and Preta is defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCKY.KAKASHI View Post
the summary

ones who believe that tsuki will affects nagato , thinks itachi will win .

ones who don't believe that, thinks pains will win .

so it is simple
You forgot Susanoo, shinra tensei and Deva Path's trump cards.

Head Laser will screw over Itachi though unless he uses Susanoo.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
321zigzag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:32 PM   #85
Super Sanin 3
Special Jonin Candidate

Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Do the paths actually fight together like that? I can see Human path fighting and the others for an extra field of vision but not 2 taijutsu fighters, if they do that they're auto-screwed since they're in range of Susano'o fists, can't really see summons not getting harmed by Susano'o either
What's more is if Naraka path wants to revive them, he has to get over to the remains of the path, i really only see Pein winning by CT here, especially if Itachi is smart enough to know the shared eyesight without anybody telling him, could be wrong tho
Old 09-25-2011, 03:35 PM   #86
heroeking
Banned

heroeking has a dark heart coursing with Dark Chakra

What can Pain do to stop Totsuka?
heroeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:36 PM   #87
LUCKY.KAKASHI
Chunin Exam Participant

i mean the only chance 4 itachi to win is genjutsu ( tsuki ) , or at least it is my opinion .

lets skip the tsuki argue and see :

while both have prep time , lets make them start with their best moves , so itachi will start with susano , and pains ( deva will start ct , and animal will summon his things and the other path will activate their best move )

and i think ct is more than enough to pwan itachi .

that is the most likely scenario if we skipped the argue about tsuki .

and i believe tsuki will not affect nagato ( the one who control them )

Last edited by LUCKY.KAKASHI; 09-25-2011 at 03:39 PM.
LUCKY.KAKASHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:39 PM   #88
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sanin 3 View Post
Do the paths actually fight together like that? I can see Human path fighting and the others for an extra field of vision but not 2 taijutsu fighters, if they do that they're auto-screwed since they're in range of Susano'o fists, can't really see summons not getting harmed by Susano'o either
What's more is if Naraka path wants to revive them, he has to get over to the remains of the path, i really only see Pein winning by CT here, especially if Itachi is smart enough to know the shared eyesight without anybody telling him, could be wrong tho
Refer to SM Jiraiya vs 3 Paths although Susanoo is the only way out for that other tha dodging for Itachi.

Actually if Pain was smart, he would use Animal Path with Naraka, Animal Path summons Naraka revives.

But Pain didn't do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroeking View Post
Stamina issues, plus Totsuka cannot seal dead bodies due to lack of soul.

It can cut them up though.

Shinra Tensei.

Quote:
i mean the only chance 4 itachi to win is genjutsu ( tsuki ) , or at least it is my opinion .

lets skip the tsuki argue and see :

while both have prep time , lets make them start with their best moves , so itachi will start with susano , and pains ( deva will start ct , and animal will summon his things and the other path will activate their best move )

and i think ct is more than enough to pwan itachi .

that is the most likely scenario if we skipped the argue about tsuki .
The fact Kishimoto made Itachi, RM Naruto, and Hachibi use their strongest attacks to take out CT's ball before it fully formed should mean something.

CT partially formed survived KN6's blast.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
Old 09-25-2011, 03:41 PM   #89
LUCKY.KAKASHI
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
\
how about ( don't look directly into itachis eyes )?
Old 09-25-2011, 03:42 PM   #90
Super Sanin 3
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Refer to SM Jiraiya vs 3 Paths although Susanoo is the only way out for that other tha dodging for Itachi.

Actually if Pain was smart, he would use Animal Path with Naraka, Animal Path summons Naraka revives.

But Pain didn't do it.
Can animal path do that if they're dead? Yeah there's that but i mean like literally at the same time, it's actually better for Itachi if they do that because he can get 2 in 1, plus Susano'o has 3 hands
Also i wana stress on the linked eyesight, how did itachi know?
Old 09-25-2011, 03:44 PM   #91
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Can animal path do that if they're dead? Yeah there's that but i mean like literally at the same time, it's actually better for Itachi if they do that because he can get 2 in 1, plus Susano'o has 3 hands
Also i wana stress on the linked eyesight, how did itachi know?
Animal Path summoned badly mangled Asura Path if you recall.

Either he had some knowledge on Pain technique shared vision or he witnessed Killerbee's failure and realized that the same rinnegan eyes on the Chameleon and Hell Kind Enma summon might have played a role.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
Old 09-25-2011, 03:45 PM   #92
heroeking
Banned

Quote:
\
how about ( don't look directly into itachis eyes )?
The totsuka blade, not tsukuoymi
Old 09-25-2011, 03:45 PM   #93
LUCKY.KAKASHI
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
The fact Kishimoto made Itachi, RM Naruto, and Hachibi use their strongest attacks to take out CT's ball before it fully formed should mean something.

that is what i was talking about , i agree with u here .
so the battle is simple ,and i think all itachis fans here believe that ct is the gg .
Old 09-25-2011, 03:46 PM   #94
heroeking
Banned

Quote:

But Pain didn't do it.

Stamina issues, plus Totsuka cannot seal dead bodies due to lack of soul.

It can cut them up though.

Shinra Tensei.

Stamina issues?? Dead Bodies??????Shinra Tensei????/?

Itachi can easily use the totsuka blade. Itachi can seal anything. The opponent flies into the totsuka.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:46 PM   #95
Super Sanin 3
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Animal Path summoned badly mangled Asura Path if you recall.

Either he had some knowledge on Pain technique shared vision or he witnessed Killerbee's failure and realized that the same rinnegan eyes on the Chameleon and Hell Kind Enma summon might have played a role.
Oh yeah forgot about that
Wouldn't that still be a good feat? He observed that pretty accurately, nobody else would have noticed, chances being he can find out pretty quickly that they each do a specific role, and he knows quite a bit about Nagato's powers to begin with so he can fill in the blanks
Old 09-25-2011, 03:50 PM   #96
LUCKY.KAKASHI
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
The totsuka blade, not tsukuoymi
oh sorry

totsuka blade will not reach any pain in the first place , because itachi will be flying in the sky , ct will absorb him , and he will stuck on it with his susano and totsuka blade .
Old 09-25-2011, 03:51 PM   #97
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

Awards Showcase

Quote:
that is what i was talking about , i agree with u here .
so the battle is simple ,and i think all itachis fans here believe that ct is the gg .
In before Itachi fans saying Totsuka blade seals CT ball.

Quote:
Stamina issues?? Dead Bodies??????Shinra Tensei????/?

Itachi can easily use the totsuka blade. Itachi can seal anything. The opponent flies into the totsuka.
Itachi in Edo Tensei, used Amaterasu 3 times, and Susanoo without repercussions.
Either being healthy really boosted his stamina 3 fold (for last time Sick Itachi was nearly dead after using 2 amaterasu and 1 Tsukiyomi) or Edo Tensei gave him infinite chakra.

Totsuka seals souls alive along with the body. Not sure if that works on purely dead bodies.

Yeah because Pain typically flies into an attack right?

Quote:
Oh yeah forgot about that
Wouldn't that still be a good feat? He observed that pretty accurately, nobody else would have noticed, chances being he can find out pretty quickly that they each do a specific role, and he knows quite a bit about Nagato's powers to begin with so he can fill in the blanks
Its an intelligence feat. So he may figure out the inner workings eventually although take in mind Jiraiya had background knowledge of Nagato.

Although again if Itachi had full knowledge on Nagato, he would know where Nagato's location is.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
Old 09-25-2011, 03:52 PM   #98
heroeking
Banned

wat??????? Totsuka doesn't have to touch you to seal.................
Old 09-25-2011, 03:53 PM   #99
Super Sanin 3
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Its an intelligence feat. So he may figure out the inner workings eventually although take in mind Jiraiya had background knowledge of Nagato.

Although again if Itachi had full knowledge on Nagato, he would know where Nagato's location is.
Nah that's not how this battle is working, nobody can leave the crater Nagato's not considered actually there just a sphere of power controlling them, by BG defaults and from pms i received from the maker of them
Old 09-25-2011, 03:54 PM   #100
heroeking
Banned

Quote:
In before Itachi fans saying Totsuka blade seals CT ball.

Itachi in Edo Tensei, used Amaterasu 3 times, and Susanoo without repercussions.
Either being healthy really boosted his stamina 3 fold (for last time Sick Itachi was nearly dead after using 2 amaterasu and 1 Tsukiyomi) or Edo Tensei gave him infinite chakra.

Totsuka seals souls alive along with the body. Not sure if that works on purely dead bodies.

Yeah because Pain typically flies into an attack right?

Doesn't matter if Itachi is edo or not. Itachi used the totsuka while he was still alive.............

Totsuka seals anything unless you have proof..............

Totsuka pulls you in as shown against Orochimaru and his Yamata-No-Orochi technique.

Tags
itachi, pain