Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 02:37 PM   #1
Super Sanin 3
Special Jonin Candidate

Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Judge in BG

How about making selected threads in the BG with a non-biased judge, that way people who spam the same refutable argument will get nowhere? No awards or anything given out so it wouldn't matter who wins/loses or if the judge is biased (would be selected anyways) and it can help block trolls as well

Last edited by Super Sanin 3; 09-14-2011 at 03:38 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:43 PM   #2
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

SRhyse just might be Kage someday.
SRhyse just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Judge in BG

Not addressing the first part of your suggestion for the moment, if and when people are spamming the same refutable argument, aren't they already being shut down?
My dog Elly FTW:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
. Thanks for wanting to help though!
Old 09-14-2011, 02:53 PM   #3
Super Sanin 3
Special Jonin Candidate

Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

They counter with weak/baseless responses then exaggerate it, not narrowing it down to one person, heck i probably do it sometimes
A judge would more easily see these things and conclude based on that, it usually ends in 2 people using every single possible thing they can find and expand it, see some of the threads there
Old 09-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #4
megabbaut
Debby Downer

megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Why can't everyone be like that, I just don't know.

My theme:
YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
My Battle Theme:
YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
GT & PSN: VesicantDegree1
Old 09-14-2011, 03:38 PM   #5
Super Sanin 3
Special Jonin Candidate

This can also be supervised, meaning any flame/harassment would have the member banned from current use of the thread as concluded by the judge, and it persuades people to give reasonable arguments
Old 09-14-2011, 03:44 PM   #6
Jinchiruuki
Non Compos Mentis

Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

To be honest this is already sort of done by mods who visit that section. More for troll/flame or spamming though.
"Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength."--August Wilson

Old 09-14-2011, 03:47 PM   #7
Super Sanin 3
Special Jonin Candidate

Really? :o never see it happen
A non harassing argument will make it over 9000% easier to reach a conclusion, where you feel like you have to counter because your opponent insults you
And if it's just back and forth with a bad argument you can reach a decision and close it easily
Old 09-14-2011, 03:50 PM   #8
Jinchiruuki
Non Compos Mentis

Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

If you see anything with such behavior PM me I will handle it.
"Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength."--August Wilson

Old 09-14-2011, 03:54 PM   #9
Super Sanin 3
Special Jonin Candidate

lol alright than >:P
Old 09-15-2011, 01:05 PM   #10
Apollo Justice
Genin

Apollo Justice saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

I'm assuming clicking the report button is a good way to handle most of it.

Report Button ---->
Old 09-15-2011, 02:15 PM   #11
Jinchiruuki
Non Compos Mentis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo Justice View Post

Report Button ---->
Sometimes it may take a while for someone to actually react to a report button since it goes to our emails.

Which is why I offered to just PM me as it will be quicker (if I am on at that time).

Old 09-15-2011, 02:18 PM   #12
Apollo Justice
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinchiruuki View Post
Sometimes it may take a while for someone to actually react to a report button since it goes to our emails.

Which is why I offered to just PM me as it will be quicker (if I am on at that time).
Oh so PMing is a better way?
Old 09-15-2011, 02:27 PM   #13
Jinchiruuki
Non Compos Mentis

Quote:
Oh so PMing is a better way?
If you know for a fact someone like me (FAIL, Mod, Supermod) is online at the time then yes. The Report Button sends an email to those I mentioned, which not all of us see right away.

Old 09-16-2011, 01:21 PM   #14
J-Sun Tasogare
is secretly a carebear

J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:

Report Button ---->
Most of the reports I get are for nothing other than someone disagreeing with said reporter, please only use the report button if someone is doing something like outright flaming you, or something infractable. Someone being a douchebag, there just isn't an infraction for that, all I could do is edit there post in a funny way or just plain butcher it, but then people complain and it's annoying.

I'm really tired of these report wars some of you got going.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:09 PM   #15
Apollo Justice
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinchiruuki View Post
If you know for a fact someone like me (FAIL, Mod, Supermod) is online at the time then yes. The Report Button sends an email to those I mentioned, which not all of us see right away.
Alright then that makes more sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sun Tasogare View Post
Most of the reports I get are for nothing other than someone disagreeing with said reporter, please only use the report button if someone is doing something like outright flaming you, or something infractable. Someone being a douchebag, there just isn't an infraction for that, all I could do is edit there post in a funny way or just plain butcher it, but then people complain and it's annoying.

I'm really tired of these report wars some of you got going.

This doesn't really apply to me, but yes I certainly understand.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:55 AM   #16
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

TheBlackChidori is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Awards Showcase

This is exactly why we got like 10 people dedicated to moderating that section alone.

Believe me it's handled. More people have been banned through the battlegrounds then the other sections combined. Don't make topics here for this, PM any of the people on the moderator list at the bottom right corner of that section.
Closed Thread