Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 09-06-2011, 05:16 AM   #1
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Time Traveling Ethical Questions

Is it morally okay to travel back in time and abort your INNOCENT best friend?

What about if you traveled back in time and aborted baby Hitler
to try and prevent the Holocaust and World War 2? Would you
be justified? For those who say abortion is fine anyways what
if Hitler was a toddler and hadn't yet done anything?
Also would aborting Hitler do anything to stop the Holocaust or WW2?

If you traveled back in time to kill yourself have you committed
suicide or murder?

If you traveled back in time to kill your own mother while you
were in utero could you be blamed if you prevented your own existence?

If your future self came to kill you and you killed your future self
in self defense against yourself what would happen in the future?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:21 AM   #2
Noctis Arashi
is rapidly losing blood from Naijeru's jugular attack
Formerly Susanoo

Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Noctis Arashi
Default Re: Time Traveling Ethical Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
Obviously not.
In your time, perhaps, but your not in your time, so no. You could have easily persuaded him without killing the child.
suicide or murder?
Both. But theoretically, your future self would have ceased to exist, and therefor couldn't kill your past self. It's a paradox.
Again, paradox.

It would endlessly repeat as you would kill your future self, grow up, and go to kill your past self, who kills you and grows up. Etc.
Answered in blue.
Grand Master Roleplayer
Just Call Me Legendary Hoe -Fliparrachii Approved
Old 09-06-2011, 05:51 AM   #3
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

Quote:
Don't care about moral. It depends on why.

Justified is a bit if of an exaggeration. I wouldn't condemn anyone for it.
I still say talk first, kill later.

suicide or murder?
Murder, for this to happen, you would have to have two selves living in the past. Meaning, you only murdered part of yourself, while the other part lives. Though, that part would be a clone, so kind of suicide too.

Yeah, again, you would have to have two yous living in this time for that to be possible. If you killed your mother and someone found out what you looked like, even without knowing your name they will always say, "That guy killed his mom." You can go back to the future all you want, but that blame will stay, at least for some time.

Of course, this one is almost impossible. You would practically have to be cloned before you are born. Not sure if that's even possible or not. I guess anything could happen.

It turns into a real life episode of Higurashi.

Cloning would have to be involved for any of these things to be possible, unless by some wacky situation two yous or thems would have to exist. Otherwise, having two yous or thems is impossible as it means that you or them have to move forward or back in time again at some point, after moving in time, to reach the point of your death.

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Last edited by Maikeru D. Shinigami; 09-06-2011 at 05:57 AM.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:04 AM   #4
Vornmusion
Smooth as Sandpaper
Sage of Lemonade
CB Murder Bros & Co.
Urthalre Di Wer Kepesk

Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.
Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.

I'll travel back in time before morals were invented, kill it, then do what I please.
Vornmusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:37 AM   #5
tsuki
Special Jonin Candidate

tsuki has completed a tough C-rank mission!tsuki has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Is it morally okay to travel back in time and abort your INNOCENT best friend? Depends on why you are aborting them.

to try and prevent the Holocaust and World War 2? Yep, fine Would you
be justified? Yep For those who say abortion is fine anyways what
if Hitler was a toddler and hadn't yet done anything? Yes, fine.
Also would aborting Hitler do anything to stop the Holocaust or WW2? Possibly, another crazy psychopath could just as easily rise up in his place.

suicide or murder? Murder.

were in utero could you be blamed if you prevented your own existence? In that reality, yes.

Would create an alternate future.

B/W FC: 0948-1677-3569
tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:02 PM   #6
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:

suicide or murder?

Depends, why would I abort my innocent best friend, unless I had reason to believe otherwise. But my second reaction is, who would be any the wiser if I abort him. Afterall he never existed and I would simply go forward in time and live my life. But internally I wouldn't do it for personal reason, because I know in my heart that is it wrong,to me.

As for aborting baby hitler, needless to say it was his vision of the future and his reckless abandon for human rights which lead his party to where it had gone. So there's an off chance that maybe the nazis would never have made it that far, because it is essentially Hitler's orator skills that made it all happen.

As for murdering myself, amusing I don't in turn die in the present form. It would only be considered murder if it affected other people around me.

Really stickman, if you kill yourself in the past. You literally kill your present self. xD

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:33 AM   #7
Demonfire_Ninja
Genin

Demonfire_Ninja is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
If I have access to time travel then I will abort who ever the hell I want, Morals are for wusses anyway.

Assuming that time is linear, you could never travel back in time for any specific reason, because as soon as you changed that thing that you wanted to you would forget that it ever happened and thus would never travel back in time to change it and so it would occur anyway. Thus going back in time for the purpose of killing hitler would be impossible because if you accomplished it you would no longer have any purpose for going back to that time, if however you went back to hitler times for no particular reason then accidentaly killed hitler then you would be fine.

suicide or murder?
To avoid going back over what I said in my last answer, if you went back to kill yourself then you are commiting suicide because you know it will wipe you from existence, but at the same time you are not because the lack of your existence would cause you to come back into existence.

This question suffers from the same isssues as the others and would, as with the others result in an infinite loop where you go back to kill your mother then stop existing, bringing your mother back to life, resulting in you killing her again, and so on and so forth.

Hopefully, you would be smart enough to realize that attempting to kill yourself in the past is a bad idea and not do it in the future, unfortunately this also has the same problem, since you would decide to not go back and attempt to kill yourself you would never decide to not go back and kill yourself and would go anyway, and so on and so forth.
Time Travel is a aint it?

Favourite Character: Itachi
Quote:
"Death, sickness, poverty, tyranny, and countless other miseries stalk the land. If this is the handywork of divine beings , then they are to be rebelled against and overthrown, not given obeisance, obedience, and reverence."

I like to randomly kill people for no reason.
My Arch-Nemesis - Rasen_Chidori (He is also my brother)

Demonfire_Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote