Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion

Naruto Manga Discussion All the latest discussions about the Naruto manga (beware, spoilers abound).

View Poll Results: Are Chidori and Raikiri the same technique? (read evidence in post please)
yes they're same 17 73.91%
no, they're two different techniques 6 26.09%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2011, 04:47 PM   #21
EvL j3st3r
Chunin Exam Proctor

EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: (Please read my proof before you vote) Chidori and Raikiri are one in the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn Gizzam View Post
Green^
In a different scenerio, your evidence would be sufficient enough for me without it having to be said. The reason it's not sufficient here is bc the opposite HAS been said. That's why it's necessary that the manga say it's a different technique, bc the manga already said it's the same technique. Simple observation doesn't overturn facts STATED in black and white by the manga.

And I don't see how you can think what Guy said was debatable. Guy had no reason to mislead the ppl he was talking to. There's no reason to believe Guy was mislead himself. Kakashi was present and did not interject. And Guy stays very familiar with Kakashi's abilities due to his rivalry.

And on a speculation note, I think it's a safe bet to say Guy (as a close comrade) would have seen both by this point if they where two different things, hence he wouldn't have described them as the exact same.

And I'm not ranting about the comparison. I'm stating the obvious. Two different users, two different styles. And minor details can vary in free hand, still it's debatable if those details really exist in any meaningful proportion since it's really up to the perspective of the viewer.
^red.
You may want to respell that.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sorry Kalmeast...........it's just too funny to let die.

Last edited by EvL j3st3r; 08-28-2011 at 04:50 PM.
EvL j3st3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 04:55 PM   #22
Syn Gizzam
Academy Graduate

Syn Gizzam is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Cool Re: (Please read my proof before you vote) Chidori and Raikiri are one in the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvL j3st3r View Post
In a different scenerio, your evidence would be sufficient enough for me without it having to be said. The reason it's not sufficient here is bc the opposite HAS been said. That's why it's necessary that the manga say it's a different technique, bc the manga already said it's the same technique. Simple observation doesn't overturn facts STATED in black and white by the manga.

And I don't see how you can think what Guy said was debatable. Guy had no reason to mislead the ppl he was talking to. There's no reason to believe Guy was mislead himself. Kakashi was present and did not interject. And Guy stays very familiar with Kakashi's abilities due to his rivalry.

And on a speculation note, I think it's a safe bet to say Guy (as a close comrade) would have seen both by this point if they where two different things, hence he wouldn't have described them as the exact same.

And I'm not ranting about the comparison. I'm stating the obvious. Two different users, two different styles. And minor details can vary in free hand, still it's debatable if those details really exist in any meaningful proportion since it's really up to the perspective of the viewer.
I mean i gave you proof from both the manga and databook two kishi statements and the databook was written by the god of the naruto world so anything that comes out of his mouth that isnt ridiculous or impacts the manga is true in my opinion., that one statement cant hold up, i mean if it was kakashi saying, no lightning blade is the same exact jutsu as chidori, no power differences whatsoever, or something along the lines of that ok, but like i said odama rasengan and rasengan... same exact jutsu just more chakra... still classified differently..
Its just pure white and less concentrated obviously, no darker color in the center. And if you go back a few you can see theres different signs.

RIGHTNING BRADE FTW

Last edited by Syn Gizzam; 08-28-2011 at 04:58 PM.
Syn Gizzam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:50 PM   #23
EvL j3st3r
Chunin Exam Proctor

EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: (Please read my proof before you vote) Chidori and Raikiri are one in the same

I'm still not sure Kishi writes the databook. Even if he does.......Kishi also wrote the manga. and the manga says they're the same stated directly in unmistakable words. Thus far, the manga hasn't justified the case being any different. So, it's really about which source you want to believe. I choose the manga bc that is the story. So as far as the story's concerned they're the same. If Kishi has a different thought in his head then he hasn't put it in the story yet so therefore it does not exist in the story yet. It's cool man. That's just me speaking. We just disagree that's all.

and I agree about Rasengan and Odama Rasengan being different. But the manga has said they are different where as it said the opposite for Chidori and Raikiri. The difference in their physical attributes are obvious and undoubtedly intended. These same elements are absent in your case about Chidori/Raikiri.
^red.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by EvL j3st3r; 08-28-2011 at 05:55 PM.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:13 PM   #24
Syn Gizzam
Academy Graduate

Cool Re: (Please read my proof before you vote) Chidori and Raikiri are one in the same

Quote:
I'm still not sure Kishi writes the databook. Even if he does.......Kishi also wrote the manga. and the manga says they're the same stated directly in unmistakable words. Thus far, the manga hasn't justified the case being any different. So, it's really about which source you want to believe. I choose the manga bc that is the story. So as far as the story's concerned they're the same. If Kishi has a different thought in his head then he hasn't put it in the story yet so therefore it does not exist in the story yet. It's cool man. That's just me speaking. We just disagree that's all.

and I agree about Rasengan and Odama Rasengan being different. But the manga has said they are different where as it said the opposite for Chidori and Raikiri. The difference in their physical attributes are obvious and undoubtedly intended. These same elements are absent in your case about Chidori/Raikiri.
These elements arent absent, i gave u pages and chapters showing physical differences, you even said it would be enough for you, except what guy said. I can find more if youd like, but im very lazy but i will if it comes down to it lol.
And kishi does write these, if i could put a link up with out being repremanded i would but if you go to a site where u can buy databooks online it shows the author as kishimoto, and he even puts his name all over and inside the databook.
and what guy says is debatable imo, i mean why would all the naruto games allow kakashi to use chidori and raikri (even a collab jutsu called lightning chidori, raikri and chidori mixed...and i know youll say its not canon and your right but it just shows how many people recognize them as different jutsu) and a databook written by kishi explain them as different, and the physical differences ive shown, kishi didnt put shadows in the center of raikri by mistake.He didnt put a second page in there for raikiri for his health lol. Im sure if they were the same he wouldve noted in chidoris section that kakashis is called lightning blade or whatever. And the fact that he took the time to note different power levels between the jutsu takes it further. i mean you could say he just put raikiri in there for fun trivia or some bull, but he even took it a step further saying its stronger then chidori.
as far as im concerned one debatable statement by guy, isnt enough proof to make all my proof mean nothing, ive shown un said differences kishi drew on purpose, showing physical difference between raikiri and chidori, and i can find more if youd like, ive seen more lol, i know what lightning blade looks like he makes it look like that everytime... so as u said its undoubtedly intended to look like that, size shouldnt matter so much.
and i also have written material, in the official naruto encylopedia if you will, written by the god of naruto himself showing difference in power. I can go on and on but my brain hurts, you have to admit i have many many valid points. Just think it explains alot.
Its just pure white and less concentrated obviously, no darker color in the center. And if you go back a few you can see theres different signs.

RIGHTNING BRADE FTW

Last edited by Syn Gizzam; 08-28-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:37 PM   #25
EvL j3st3r
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn Gizzam View Post
These elements arent absent, i gave u pages and chapters showing physical differences, you even said it would be enough for you except what guy said. I can find more if youd like, but im very lazy but i will if it comes down to it lol.
That was in reference to other evidence. If the manga had not said otherwise, I would have taken your evidence from databook, Narutopedia, and the handsigns to say that it's most likely that they are two different techniques. It would've been the best evidence so I would have leaned that direction, tho I still wouldn't have considered it solid proof.

For the physical differences you speak of, I actually said I personally don't see them different. They look the same to me. Extremely small details can be attributed to freehanded art if they even exist at all.

And kishi does write these, if i could put a link up with out being repremanded i would but if you go to a site where u can buy databooks online it shows the author as kishimoto, and he even puts his name all over and inside the databook.
and what guy says is debatable imo, i mean why would all the naruto games allow kakashi to use chidori and raikri (even a collab jutsu called lightning chidori, raikri and chidori mixed...and i know youll say its not canon and your right but it just shows how many people recognize them as different jutsu) and a databook written by kishi explain them as different, and the physical differences ive shown, kishi didnt put shadows in the center of raikri by mistake.He didnt put a second page in there for raikiri for his health lol. Im sure if they were the same he wouldve noted in chidoris section that kakashis is called lightning blade or whatever. And the fact that he took the time to note different power levels between the jutsu takes it further. i mean you could say he just put raikiri in there for fun trivia or some bull, but he even took it a step further saying its stronger then chidori.
as far as im concerned one debatable statement by guy, isnt enough proof to make all my proof mean nothing, ive shown un said differences kishi drew on purpose, showing physical difference between raikiri and chidori, and i can find more if youd like, ive seen more lol, i know what lightning blade looks like.
and i also have written material, in the official naruto encylopedia if you will, written by the god of naruto himself showing difference in power. I can go on and on but my brain hurts, you have to admit i have many many valid points. Just think it explains alot.
green. You do make good arguments. I'll give that. I just think you're outsourced. There's no reason for Guy to be wrong. There would be nothing to gain in writing that. And this is the point where Kishi enlightens us on what Chidori is. Filling in the blanks for the audience. The whole point was to hype Sasuke (and Kakashi a little). I see no reason in the manga for there to be one little single detail of a lie in it. I mean if it was a lie, it came with no intended pay-off. It would've just been for no reason. What is there to gain? I think Kishi's intention at the time was that they're the same. He may have changed his mind later (hell, he may have even forgot or confused himself for all I know) but he still didn't overwrite it in the manga. So in the manga, that fact hasn't changed. Sorry, that's where I stand with it. I don't care what Kishi intends on this particular matter if the story says different. All that means is that he contradicted himself and put the wrong thing in the story. That doesn't change the storyline he's written. The story is the story. If he wants to change something he's written, I'll accept it when it's put in. Even if he has to PNJ it, he still has to put it in there to justify that it's changed. Otherwise, there's no storyline consistency.
^red.

Last edited by EvL j3st3r; 08-28-2011 at 06:42 PM.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:55 PM   #26
Gouldy17
Genin Elite

Gouldy17 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

sayin they are different is like saying narutos base sexy jutsu is different from konohamarus base sexy jutsu just because narutos has the lines on the cheeks and also has blond hair....

in chapter 361 deidara calls saskues chidori, raikiri which saskue tells him its not raikiri its chidori.. imo its a misunderstanding by readers thinking Sasuke meant "this move is different" when infact he was saying "The actual name is Chidori"
Gais exact words....CHIDORI....."OR AS ITS ALSO KNOWN" RAIKIRI (chapter 114 page 3)

there is no actual proof that kakashi's raikiri is stronger than chidori just like there is no actual proof that jiraya's rasengan is more powerful than narutos just because its slightly bigger
United's flag is deepest red, It shrouded all our Munich dead, Before their limbs grew stiff and cold, Their heart's blood dyed it's ev'ry fold. Then raise United's banner high, Beneath it's shade we'll live and die, So keep the faith and never fear, We'll keep the Red Flag flying here. We'll never die, we'll never die, We'll never die, we'll never die, We'll keep the Red flag flying high, 'Cos Man United will never die

Last edited by Gouldy17; 08-28-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Gouldy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:58 PM   #27
EvL j3st3r
Chunin Exam Proctor

^thank you!!!!!!!!
^red.

Old 08-28-2011, 07:27 PM   #28
king kakashi
Special Jonin Candidate

king kakashi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.king kakashi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.king kakashi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.king kakashi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

there are differences in the jutsu
1- chidori seems to be rather formless wereas the raikiri takes shape in the palm making it look more solid
2- the chidori is often shown covering all of sasukes hand and wrist leaving large tendrals but the raikiri seems to be mostly fcused into kakashi's hand
3- the chidori seems possible to modify even during the jab wereas the raikiri is aready modifyed so the user can't change the attack in the middle of the charge
4- it is a concentrated form of the chidori kind of like sasuke's chidori spear
so in base they are the same technique only modifyed

king kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:55 PM   #29
JashinSama
Banned

JashinSama saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via Skype™ to JashinSama

Ha, told you all so. EVEN THAT was given to Sasuke. :P He used his Sharingan to copy it. The only reason Sasuke even HAS a lightning element is because of this jutsu. Otherwise he'd only have fire, which would mean Naruto would be outweighed, and now, Naruto has the upper hand, because Sasuke has wasted his time making his Lightning (fake) element into his main element. What a waste of time he's had, he'll have something in store for him when he gets blasted with the RasenShuriken.

And if he becomes Immortal when he gets the EMS, then that's even better, he'll become a normal human, like Temujin. Except, you know immortal.
JashinSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:09 PM   #30
king kakashi
Special Jonin Candidate

king kakashi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.king kakashi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.king kakashi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.king kakashi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JashinSama View Post
Ha, told you all so. EVEN THAT was given to Sasuke. :P He used his Sharingan to copy it. The only reason Sasuke even HAS a lightning element is because of this jutsu.
kakashi has dispayed 4(3 mange) elements at above average skill juts by copying
Otherwise he'd only have fire, which would mean Naruto would be outweighed, and now, Naruto has the upper hand, because Sasuke has wasted his time making his Lightning (fake)
that makes no sense
element into his main element. What a waste of time he's had, he'll have something in store for him when he gets blasted with the RasenShuriken.
fire ball jutsu owns rasenshuriken
And if he becomes Immortal when he gets the EMS, then that's even better, he'll become a normal human, like Temujin. Except, you know immortal.
madara didn't become imortal by getting ems he got it by either beating or losing to hashirama senju
in blue

king kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 10:20 PM   #31
Syn Gizzam
Academy Graduate

Quote:
green. You do make good arguments. I'll give that. I just think you're outsourced. There's no reason for Guy to be wrong. There would be nothing to gain in writing that. And this is the point where Kishi enlightens us on what Chidori is. Filling in the blanks for the audience. The whole point was to hype Sasuke (and Kakashi a little). I see no reason in the manga for there to be one little single detail of a lie in it. I mean if it was a lie, it came with no intended pay-off. It would've just been for no reason. What is there to gain? I think Kishi's intention at the time was that they're the same. He may have changed his mind later (hell, he may have even forgot or confused himself for all I know) but he still didn't overwrite it in the manga. So in the manga, that fact hasn't changed. Sorry, that's where I stand with it. I don't care what Kishi intends on this particular matter if the story says different. All that means is that he contradicted himself and put the wrong thing in the story. That doesn't change the storyline he's written. The story is the story. If he wants to change something he's written, I'll accept it when it's put in. Even if he has to PNJ it, he still has to put it in there before it's changed.
Lol the shading is to show that its condensed, and its not so pointly drawn, chidori is just completely white and takes up his whole hand, theres a giant ring of energy around kakashi i dont know how you missed that one lol, its drawn in darker, such as how rasengan is drawn with a huge dark spot in the center, referring that its very condensed

and here you have it. Kakashi using the CHIDORI not raikiri, probably about the same level as sasuke was when he used it against gaara.
Ch:244 pg 4: it looks exactly like sasukes chidori but differs to kakashis raikiri later in the story.

RIGHTNING BRADE FTW
Old 08-28-2011, 10:26 PM   #32
Syn Gizzam
Academy Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kakashi View Post
there are differences in the jutsu
1- chidori seems to be rather formless wereas the raikiri takes shape in the palm making it look more solid
2- the chidori is often shown covering all of sasukes hand and wrist leaving large tendrals but the raikiri seems to be mostly fcused into kakashi's hand
3- the chidori seems possible to modify even during the jab wereas the raikiri is aready modifyed so the user can't change the attack in the middle of the charge
4- it is a concentrated form of the chidori kind of like sasuke's chidori spear
so in base they are the same technique only modifyed
Exactly what ive been saying lol thanks =)

RIGHTNING BRADE FTW
Old 08-29-2011, 06:00 AM   #33
Kiez
Veteran Chunin

Kiez is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I always thought Raikiri was a more powerful version of Chidori.
Kiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:12 PM   #34
EvL j3st3r
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Lol the shading is to show that its condensed, and its not so pointly drawn, chidori is just completely white and takes up his whole hand, theres a giant ring of energy around kakashi i dont know how you missed that one lol, its drawn in darker, such as how rasengan is drawn with a huge dark spot in the center, referring that its very condensed and here you have it. Kakashi using the CHIDORI not raikiri, probably about the same level as sasuke was when he used it against gaara.
Ch:244 pg 4: it looks exactly like sasukes chidori but differs to kakashis raikiri later in the story.
sigh.......honestly I'm just completely tired of this argument by now. We've went round enough and I'm tired of both of us repeatedly saying the same things. You feel your case is strong as I feel my case is too. I see no change here and I'm not interested in an eternal argument. So let's just agree that we disagree.
^red.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:19 PM   #35
EvL j3st3r
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JashinSama View Post
Ha, told you all so. EVEN THAT was given to Sasuke. :P He used his Sharingan to copy it. The only reason Sasuke even HAS a lightning element is because of this jutsu. Otherwise he'd only have fire, which would mean Naruto would be outweighed, and now, Naruto has the upper hand, because Sasuke has wasted his time making his Lightning (fake) element into his main element. What a waste of time he's had, he'll have something in store for him when he gets blasted with the RasenShuriken.

It's not a definite fact that Sharingan can copy the ability to harness a certain nature element. It can copy handseals for sure. In my opinion I say it's a little more than that tho. Since it does give chakra color, I suppose it could even copy the form of shape manipulation. But nature manipulation I doubt. It takes I mean ppl aren't capable of just any nature manipulation. It has to suit them. And it takes extreme skill to harness the power of you nature element even if you know in principle how it should be done. I don't think there's any way to skip the training in nature manipulation.
^red.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:27 PM   #36
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

It's the same to me. Kakashi just gets to call his lightning blade since he cut lightning.

Allegedly.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:37 PM   #37
yondaime*
Genin

yondaime* is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

yeah they are the same.
yondaime* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:02 PM   #38
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.
zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

It is basically the same, it just differs among users and how it is called. The Raikiri is used for cutting. It's basically a chidori on steroids and needs more chakra control than normal.

The origons of this comes from an old tale about a widely known samurai and his sword called chidori. It started to poor so he went and took shelter underneath a tree, then a bold of lighting stuck him and he cut it with his sword. Then after that he soon renamed it Raikiri. The Raikiri means Lightning Edge, so when you hear that you should more or less think of something really sharp and something that cuts. Oh and and before he names his swords Raikiri he used it more or less for stabbing rather than cutting.

zerosameri is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chidori, hitake, kakashi, lightening, lightening blade, lightening cutter, lightening edge, raikiri, sasuke, uchiha