Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Anime Discussion

Naruto Anime Discussion General discussions about the Naruto anime series. Do not spoil content that has not been aired in an episode in this forum!

Old 07-08-2011, 08:03 PM   #21
deidara#1
Pun-isher

deidara#1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!deidara#1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: What's better One Piece or Naruto and why...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikeru Shinigami View Post
Naruto gives all of its development to a select group of characters. Team 7, Sasuke, Orochimaru, Shikamaru, Jiraiya, Kakashi, Tsunade, Pein, Konan, Itachi, Sasori, Tobi, Raikage, Killer Bee and Kabuto. Only Naruto, Sasuke, Tobi and Kabuto out of those has gotten any stronger. What about Gai, Lee, Neji, Tenten, Choji, Ino, Hinata, Shino, Kiba, Kisame, and anyone else?

I don't care much about fights, I like a good story. One Piece gives a large portion of their characters development. Hell, the whale and old man they met at the beginning of the Grand Line got development. Arlong, Buggy, Alvida and well, a lot of others have had development outside of the Straw Hats. There's a lot of development once you get to Water 7.

They aren't unrealistic in their reactions. The crew has had some arguments inside of it, specifically the Usopp and Luffy argument. Though they are mostly a fun crew. Naruto doesn't do that much. Also, everyone in the crew has gotten stronger than they used to be. Not just Luffy, Zoro and Sanji. Nami's gotten stronger, Usopp's gotten stronger. Chopper, Frankie, Robin and Brook have gotten a little stronger, but overall have had much time to get stronger.

Naruto has been following the same storyline lately too. Big battle approaching, Naruto gets sent to train with someone. Everyone keeps the troubles a secret from Naruto. Naruto finds out, Naruto breaks free. Naruto joins the battle. Naruto fights. Naruto beats the bad guy.
One Piece gives gives select characters development just like Naruto does. One Piece doesn't have background stories for every character or even the majority of the characters. Their development is based around the main characters, the straw hats and the characters they are connected to, which they do a lot. For example Brook's pasted crossed with the Old Guy and the Whale which is the only reason they were talked about. Their are far more important characters that have very little character development because of them not being directly involved with the main characters. Just like Naruto.

To say Naruto is repeating the same story line isn't true just because it happened with the Pain Invasion and the half way point of the war. We don't know how the War will end. If Naruto will even be the one to take down Madara (Sasuke could) or if he will do it alone.

If Naruto is repetitive then One Piece is far worst. In almost every single arc of One Piece Luffy stomps the strongest enemy while again Zoro and Sanji take out who ever is the second and third strongest of the opponents, no matter what the story of that arc is that is what it comes down to. With the exception of Impel Downs and the Whitebeard war.
deidara#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:02 PM   #22
HachibiXSenpai
Special Jonin Candidate

HachibiXSenpai saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

i see this thread turning into another one piece vs naruto debate -_-

(Currently playing Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations)
Psn ID: Fullmatrix09 - ADD ME AND FIGHT.

HachibiXSenpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:46 AM   #23
Threp
Freshmen Academy Student

Threp is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

i like both of them but naruto is my first choice cuz i like its story more.
Threp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:49 AM   #24
SauceK
Genin

SauceK is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I personally can't stand the artwork in One Piece, so I think Narutos better.

-Chris Rock
SauceK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 03:18 PM   #25
deidara#1
Pun-isher

deidara#1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!deidara#1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HachibiXSenpai View Post
i see this thread turning into another one piece vs naruto debate -_-
She want to know which one is better, people disagree on somethings so it's discussed. What's wrong with that.
deidara#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 04:31 PM   #26
Narutosan
Special Jonin Candidate

Narutosan saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!Narutosan saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

I think Naruto's better because it just touches your heart in every way. I was never able to get into One Piece because i never like those kind of pirate shows or movies like the pirates of the caribean that was so BORING! it sucked so bad! i tried to watch it for like an hour and it was all talk and sailing.
Narutosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 04:55 PM   #27
Lil Kis
Ninja Academy Student

Lil Kis is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Narutosan One Piece gets much better as you dig deeper into the show. The first hours was boring imo too. But it gets much, much better.
Lil Kis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:24 PM   #28
Naruto Namikazi
Chunin Exam Participant

Naruto Namikazi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto Namikazi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto Namikazi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto Namikazi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto Namikazi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto Namikazi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto Namikazi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Naruto. Because a part of me is just like his ( even a part of our lives is the same)
Save Us

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Naruto Namikazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:58 AM   #29
phuonglien
Freshmen Academy Student

phuonglien is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

i think each person has their own bobby and favor so naruto or one piece or bleach. what is better? It depends on character and favor of each person.I think the rating can not reflect some thing. In my point of view, to conduct what is good story. I will see the concept of that story. I mean what we learn from that. I like Naruto, especially naruto shippuden because it is not only humourous , action but also techs me the lesson of friendship and teamwork.I really admire the friendship between naruto and sasuke. I think the lessons in naruto is meaningful. It also reflect something in our life as well.I mean some kind of person can do every thing to gain their purposes regardless of the moral.besides i can learn that do not see their appearance. open our heart and insight other. just like gara. everyone see him as a monster but it is not his fault. These are the reasons i lke naruto shippuden. and i will keep watching it.
phuonglien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:23 AM   #30
Sasuke726
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: In your girlfriend's wet dreams, and in your worse nightmares.
Sasuke726 has completed a tough C-rank mission!Sasuke726 has completed a tough C-rank mission!Sasuke726 has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Send a message via Yahoo to Sasuke726

naruto actually is way more interesting 2 me than one piece.
Sasuke726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:27 AM   #31
HIDAN346
Genin

HIDAN346 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

ive just started this series but one piece better story.