Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Series Discussion

Series Discussion Got a favorite Anime or Manga you'd like to talk about? Maybe a Light or Visual Novel you think is interesting? Bring it all here!

Old 06-13-2011, 11:53 AM   #1
Ultimate combatant
Special Jonin Candidate

Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Default Should I watch One Piece?

After watching the first episode I got the impression Luffy is the fearless naive character who has no idea of what`s happening. I also found him to be incredibly overpowered from the beginning.

I have a few questions:

1. Is there character development?
2. Is Luffy overpowered from beginning or is it just my opinion because I didn`t watch the anime yet?
3. Does he get new moves like in Naruto, for example?
4. Is the anime more serious after awhile or is it comedy anime?
5. Are the characters interesting (including main ones, not main ones, side ones, villains,...)?
6. Is the plot interesting? I wouldn`t know, all I know is he wants to find one piece and will find his crew.
7. Is the action good (the first episode didn`t impress me)
8. Does the story get emotional or is it easy-going all the time?
9. Will the art improve (just like Naruto went from normal quality to HD) after a certain number of episodes?
10. Is it good anime?
11. How long is the anime?
12. What are the greatest disadvantages of One Piece?
13. What are the greatest advantages of One Piece?
14. Overall, is it going to be enjoyable compared to Naruto and DBZ?
15. Are there One Piece games (for PS3, X360, PSP)
16. If yes, are they good (which of them)?

Thank you!!!
Ultimate combatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:22 PM   #2
tsuki
Special Jonin Candidate

tsuki has completed a tough C-rank mission!tsuki has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: Should I watch One Piece?

yes, watch it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

B/W FC: 0948-1677-3569
tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:00 PM   #3
Rasengan SageX5
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: I am a resident of the multi-verse. I can transfer my mind to where ever I want to be!
Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Yes, you should totally watch it. Regarding the story, there are equal parts seriousness and comedy. Also, the fight scenes are pretty epic, even just a little farther from what you watched. Luffy does learn and make up some new moves. The characters are pretty good(especially Luffy's crew,they are all awesome and beastly in a fight.) Lengthwise, it is still going and it is at about 400 episodes. It is one of my favorite animes at the moment.

I love this! This is what I live for! I'M ABSOLUTELY CRAZY ABOUT IT!!!- Dante from the end of DMC 3 getting ready to pwn a bunch of minor demons.

YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Derpy Hooves:4 Twilight Sparkle:0

Rasengan SageX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:13 PM   #4
2hyper4u AKA Sloth
Special Jonin Candidate

2hyper4u AKA Sloth is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to 2hyper4u AKA Sloth

Yes, there is ^^
2. Is Luffy overpowered from beginning or is it just my opinion because I didn`t watch the anime yet?
No, he does have quite a bit of power, but he definitely gets stronger as time goes on. So ... I guess he's not useless, but he's not the strongest character ever? If that makes any sense...
Of course
It's a little of both. The plot is serious enough to keep you interested, but there's plenty of comic relief for stressful situations
5. Are the characters interesting (including main ones, not main ones, side ones, villains,...)?
Yup ^^ it would be a rather boring series, and wouldn't have very many fans if they weren't

6. Is the plot interesting? I wouldn`t know, all I know is he wants to find one piece and will find his crew.
Yeah. It takes a while to really get into, but it's worth the wait, I swear! XD
Of course. If you don't want the absolutely horrible 4 Kids dub, there's a good amount of blood, action and cursing.
It's very emotional at certain points, but like I said, there's plenty of comic relief.
9. Will the art improve (just like Naruto went from normal quality to HD) after a certain number of episodes?
I'm not extremely far into the anime, since I mostly read the manga. So I can't really answer that, sorry. From what I see it stays pretty much the same, but of course all animes improve gradually when the animators get used to the style of art ^^
10. Is it good anime?
In my opinion, it is.
One Piece is actually the 7th longest anime series ever, standing strong with 500 episodes. XD
If you don't like long series, or if you don't like comical art. You have to be pretty open minded to enjoy it, but it mostly relies on personal opinion
The plot and the characters. They're very well developed and keep you hooked, unlike several long series I've watched.
I would think so. I've never watched DBZ all the way through, and Naruto got really boring after a while (no offense to anyone at all, again it's my personal opinion) but One Piece still has a pretty good hold on my heart
Actually, there are TONS of One Piece video games. There's a wikipedia page about it, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link, but if you want to see it, it's there. You can get to it through the One Piece wikipedia page under 'Video Games'
They are if you like RPG and fighting-style games. Most of them are only released in Japanese region coding though, so be careful which ones you buy for what consoles. Japanese games usually only work on Japanese region consoles. There are a few exceptions like the NDS and PSP, which are region-free. But the game play and voices will all be in Japanese.

I apologize if this wall of text is TLTR; but I hope I helped, even if a little bit ^^;;
Violets are #0000FF
All of my Base
Are belong to you</poem>

Stalk Me?:

♀ + ♀ = ♥ ; ♀ + ♂ = ♥ ; ♂ + ♂ = ♥
You fall in love with a person, not their gender.

Last edited by 2hyper4u AKA Sloth; 06-13-2011 at 01:15 PM.
2hyper4u AKA Sloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:14 PM   #5
PandaHero
Apprentice Genin

PandaHero saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

dont do it... >,<
A Black-and-White hero of unclear morals..
Wife- Ino's Girl
"Let's get one thing straight-I'm not"
Closets are for clothes..

Quote:
YOU ARE SEXYANDSILLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! D= Dammit!!
PandaHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:45 PM   #6
Ultimate combatant
Special Jonin Candidate

Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hyper4u AKA Sloth View Post
1. Is there character development?Yes, there is ^^
No, he does have quite a bit of power, but he definitely gets stronger as time goes on. So ... I guess he's not useless, but he's not the strongest character ever? If that makes any sense...
3. Does he get new moves like in Naruto, for example?Of course
4. Is the anime more serious after awhile or is it comedy anime?It's a little of both. The plot is serious enough to keep you interested, but there's plenty of comic relief for stressful situations
Yup ^^ it would be a rather boring series, and wouldn't have very many fans if they weren't

6. Is the plot interesting? I wouldn`t know, all I know is he wants to find one piece and will find his crew.Yeah. It takes a while to really get into, but it's worth the wait, I swear! XD
Of course. If you don't want the absolutely horrible 4 Kids dub, there's a good amount of blood, action and cursing.
8. Does the story get emotional or is it easy-going all the time?It's very emotional at certain points, but like I said, there's plenty of comic relief.
9. Will the art improve (just like Naruto went from normal quality to HD) after a certain number of episodes?I'm not extremely far into the anime, since I mostly read the manga. So I can't really answer that, sorry. From what I see it stays pretty much the same, but of course all animes improve gradually when the animators get used to the style of art ^^
10. Is it good anime?In my opinion, it is.
11. How long is the anime?One Piece is actually the 7th longest anime series ever, standing strong with 500 episodes. XD
If you don't like long series, or if you don't like comical art. You have to be pretty open minded to enjoy it, but it mostly relies on personal opinion
13. What are the greatest advantages of One Piece?The plot and the characters. They're very well developed and keep you hooked, unlike several long series I've watched.
I would think so. I've never watched DBZ all the way through, and Naruto got really boring after a while (no offense to anyone at all, again it's my personal opinion) but One Piece still has a pretty good hold on my heart
15. Are there One Piece games (for PS3, X360, PSP)Actually, there are TONS of One Piece video games. There's a wikipedia page about it, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link, but if you want to see it, it's there. You can get to it through the One Piece wikipedia page under 'Video Games'
16. If yes, are they good (which of them)?They are if you like RPG and fighting-style games. Most of them are only released in Japanese region coding though, so be careful which ones you buy for what consoles. Japanese games usually only work on Japanese region consoles. There are a few exceptions like the NDS and PSP, which are region-free. But the game play and voices will all be in Japanese.

I apologize if this wall of text is TLTR; but I hope I helped, even if a little bit ^^;;
Wall of text appreciated. Thanks!!!
Ultimate combatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:52 PM   #7
deidara#1
Pun-isher

deidara#1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!deidara#1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

One Piece>>>Naruto

Watch it. Also One Piece doesn't seem anywhere close to being over like Naruto.
deidara#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:11 PM   #8
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade

Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate combatant View Post
After watching the first episode I got the impression Luffy is the fearless naive character who has no idea of what`s happening. I also found him to be incredibly overpowered from the beginning.

I have a few questions:

1. Is there character development? for most people. Some people are just completely... static like Usopp.. he will always be a whimp. Idk if he's still a whimp in the manga. but they change inmany other ways
2. Is Luffy overpowered from beginning or is it just my opinion because I didn`t watch the anime yet? He's not really overpowered , but most people he fights are fodder in the beginning
3. Does he get new moves like in Naruto, for example?He doesn't really train, thats more like Zoro. But he does get new techniques.
Spoiler:
Gear 2/3, Haki

4. Is the anime more serious after awhile or is it comedy anime?it's 50/50.When they don't fight its funny. When they fight its serious
5. Are the characters interesting (including main ones, not main ones, side ones, villains,...)?Ohhh god yes
6. Is the plot interesting? I wouldn`t know, all I know is he wants to find one piece and will find his crew.Yeah, a lot of twists and turns and "SO THATS WHAT THAT WAS BACK THEN" moments
7. Is the action good (the first episode didn`t impress me)Oh trust me. its amazing, i'll send u a link if u want
8. Does the story get emotional or is it easy-going all the time? Yes, very emotional at times. *cough* enies lobby arc *cough cough* Merman arc *cough* Actually every crew member has a REALLY sad story behind them except lufffy and Zoro
9. Will the art improve (just like Naruto went from normal quality to HD) after a certain number of episodes?Yeah, it feels weird looking back on older episodes o_O Its in HD Now too
10. Is it good anime?amazing.
11. How long is the anime?currently 502 eps?
12. What are the greatest disadvantages of One Piece?...suspense kills me to no end
13. What are the greatest advantages of One Piece?Everything else about it.
14. Overall, is it going to be enjoyable compared to Naruto and DBZ?Better story than both IMO
15. Are there One Piece games (for PS3, X360, PSP)Yeah, but not many in america
16. If yes, are they good (which of them)? Idk many but I know Unlimited Cruise 1 is in america, 2 isn't and the 3Ds version will be both combined + more

Thank you!!!
in red.

Watch it or die.

i thought One Piece was stupid when I was 7. Then 7 years later I watched it for real, and if I could go talk to little me, I would slap me.

Luffy has a lot of moves and uses his rubber skills in a whole crap load of ways, but he doesn't really train for them like Naruto since all he does is punch, kick, headbutt, etc

I started watching it Spring break this year, and I'm at episode 350 I think

Last edited by Uchiha Sora; 06-13-2011 at 02:16 PM.
Uchiha Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:29 PM   #9
Taker369
Has Surpassed Outdoor Activities
Coca Cola Disciple

Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

one piece is good up until

Spoiler:
everyone gets separated

then it feels like it lost its charm
imo anyway

Spoiler:
Tifa Legacy is now in my sig =3

YouTube:
src="

Last edited by Taker369; 06-13-2011 at 02:32 PM.
Taker369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:48 PM   #10
Rasengan SageX5
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: I am a resident of the multi-verse. I can transfer my mind to where ever I want to be!
Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

But Taker, I hear that they aren't really
Spoiler:
separated for more than about 20 episodes,just long enough to show at least part of the training and experiences all the Strawhats had during that time.

I love this! This is what I live for! I'M ABSOLUTELY CRAZY ABOUT IT!!!- Dante from the end of DMC 3 getting ready to pwn a bunch of minor demons.

YouTube:
src="

Old 06-13-2011, 02:49 PM   #11
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Yes, it's a fun story.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:58 PM   #12
Taker369
Coca Cola Disciple

Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasengan SageX5 View Post
But Taker, I hear that they aren't really
Spoiler:
separated for more than about 20 episodes,just long enough to show at least part of the training and experiences all the Strawhats had during that time.
im talking about the whole war arc and the arc impell down arc

Edit. i take back what i said it doesn't stop feeling like one piece until the time skip

Spoiler:

YouTube:
src="

Last edited by Taker369; 06-13-2011 at 10:58 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:13 PM   #13
Rasengan SageX5
Special Jonin Candidate

I keep forgetting that that those arcs fit into that period. Which is weird because that was one of my favorite arcs to read in the manga. Whitebeard is a beast.
Spoiler:
Sucks that both he and Ace die in that arc.

YouTube:
src="

Last edited by Rasengan SageX5; 06-13-2011 at 03:16 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:14 PM   #14
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I'm still in the very beginning lol. I've been reading tons of manga lately and One Piece fell out of my schedule.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:19 PM   #15
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

1. Is there character development? Some of the best character development ever.

2. Is Luffy overpowered from beginning or is it just my opinion because I didn`t watch the anime yet? No, he's actually pretty weak in the beginning compared to later villains.

3. Does he get new moves like in Naruto, for example? Yes.

4. Is the anime more serious after awhile or is it comedy anime? Yes, it does do well with comedy though.

5. Are the characters interesting (including main ones, not main ones, side ones, villains,...)? Definitely.

6. Is the plot interesting? Yes, and One Piece has some of the best side stories and back stories.

7. Is the action good? Yes.

8. Does the story get emotional or is it easy-going all the time? Very emotional.

9. Will the art improve (just like Naruto went from normal quality to HD) after a certain number of episodes? Yes.

10. Is it good anime? The best.

11. How long is the anime? 502 episodes.

12. What are the greatest disadvantages of One Piece? Waiting for a week for the next episode/chapter.

13. What are the greatest advantages of One Piece? Being epic.

14. Overall, is it going to be enjoyable compared to Naruto and DBZ? Better than both.

15. Are there One Piece games (for PS3, X360, PSP)? Yes, the best ones are for the Wii.

16. If yes, are they good (which of them)? Yes, there are some good ones.

Best: One Piece: Unlimited Adventure, One Piece Unlimited Cruise The Treasure Beneath The Waves and One Piece Unlimited Cruise Awakening Of A Hero. (For the latter two, you would need to softmod a Wii, or buy a European Wii with both games. Softmodding is easy as long as you follow step by step instructions, which are easy to find. If you decide to softmod, go for an older Wii.)

Other Good Ones: One Piece: Grand Adventure, Grand Battle series.

Don't know about the rest. The Playstation 2 and Wii are the best systems for One Piece games.

YouTube:
src="
Maikeru D. Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:24 PM   #16
Rasengan SageX5
Special Jonin Candidate

I know this isn't what the thread is about, but how awesome would it be if they made a One Piece game for the PS3/X-Box 360? Especially if it was in the same style as Ninja Storm 1, with more characters.

YouTube:
src="

Old 06-13-2011, 03:29 PM   #17
deidara#1
Pun-isher

deidara#1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!deidara#1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taker369 View Post
im talking about the whole war arc and the arc impell down arc
Those were my favorite arcs in One Piece so far. I liked that for once in the series other major fights happen that didn't all have Luffy. As much as I like Luffy that war was awesome.
deidara#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:56 PM   #18
Taker369
Coca Cola Disciple

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasengan SageX5 View Post
I know this isn't what the thread is about, but how awesome would it be if they made a One Piece game for the PS3/X-Box 360? Especially if it was in the same style as Ninja Storm 1, with more characters.
if they do it will be a cold day in hell before we get in the US though were actually getting a bleach game released for the ps3 in the us but then again one piece isnt very popular in the us also if someone can answer this why did they stop doing ending themes for one piece ?

Spoiler:

YouTube:
src="
Old 06-14-2011, 10:19 AM   #19
Nagahana
Apprentice Genin

Nagahana saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!Nagahana saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

1 -Of course, every crew member has a backstory that explains why they are like they are
2 -You didn't watch the anime yet because he will fight many stronger enemies that will need the whole crew
3 -Yes , but not like Naruto (Naruto only gets enhanced versions of the Rasengan)
4 -It's both, it is serious but funny to break the tension
5 -Of course
6 -It's better than the others
7 -Yes, it is. It was the first episode what did you expect
8 -Yes,(Enies Lobby) you'll want to cry sometimes
9 -Yes it gets HD
10 - Yes, better than DBZ for sure
11 - It is still going on, more than 500 episodes oon half the story
12 - ?????
13 - Everyone gets their turn on the spotlight, it's not only Luffy
14 - Of Course, after some time
15 and 16 - Yes Grand battles and adventure and the wii games
Old 06-19-2011, 06:05 PM   #20
Amano Yukiteru
Genin

Amano Yukiteru saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

I would highly recommend it. The only Shonen series I like more are probably Fullmetal Alchemist, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, and Mirai Nikki (which is probably due to more emotional attachment than anything).

But you would have to invest a lot of time for One Piece......well meh, it's summer, you don't have much to lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate combatant View Post

I have a few questions:

10. Is it good anime?

Thank you!!!
1. Lots and lots. The backstories of characters in One Piece are stellar. Every time.

2. Not really, if anything he's got some good power but he's not some sort of broken fighter right off the bat.

3. Plenty. Well a lotta them are just using his rubber in unique ways but when he gets stuff like Gear 2 and 3 or Haki then yeah, new stuff is brought to the table.

4. It balances comedy and action very well. Well enough so that the serious moments are epic and the funny moments are, well, funny.

5. OP has a good variety of characters so you're bound to find at least one you really like. A lotta different personalities and considering there's 600+ chapters worth you're bound to find someone awesome eventually.

6. The overall basis of the plot isn't exactly amazing, but the way the story goes and how the Straw Hats go about their adventures is always interesting and keeps you reading.

7. It gets better over time. It won't start out amazing, but as you go on it gets much, much better. Arabasta arc on gets epic action.

8. Trust me, there are definitely emotional moments. The backstories especially and despite the lack of deaths aside from the backstory ones, when they DO come they will bring sadness.

9. Haven't watched the anime so I dunno.

10. Haven't watched the anime but the manga is amazing.

11. ^^ But the manga is 600+ chapters. Long, but there's not much else to do in the summer.

12. Kinda hard to say since I haven't read One Piece in forever. Well I'd say the worst thing is that people who are impatient stop early on in the series and never get to the best parts.

13. Good action, nice comedy, and amazing backstory stuff considering the basis of the plot is "omg become king of the pirates."

14. Way better than either of those in my opinion.

15/16. Only one I have is One Piece: Grand Adventure on GameCube, I think it's on other systems though. I like it personally, but it doesn't have much praise from reviewing sites. Plus it has the 4kids dub, but it's alright.
Amano Yukiteru is offline   Reply With Quote