Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:36 AM   #21
ItachiAnbu
Special Jonin Candidate

ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Toying with Genetics

I don't think it would be a good idea.

Preventing diseases and severe conditions might be good.

On the other hand, who are we to say that we know what's better and what isn't? Isn't that all just an opinion? As the brother of someone with a severe neurological condition, I gave this some thought. What if my younger brother's Autism could have been detected and turned off? Hey, it would have made our lives easier in a lot of ways, but I wouldn't want it. He is who he is, and I LIKE him, no matter how difficult he acts sometimes.

If we could use this to save lives, then perhaps we should. But there's no question that this brings with it some of its own ethical issues.

If I could be engineered to play a really sweet guitar, then I'd think that was groovy. I wouldn't want it, though, because making myself better at it might take away my own appreciation for, say, the way my girlfriend plays guitar. It would take away the uniqueness of it, and with it, everything I enjoy about humanity.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ItachiAnbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:44 AM   #22
Sai's brother
Jonin

Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura_blossom;5181664[COLOR=Yellow
][/COLOR]Something that was brought up in my Biology class when we were doing genetics. I've been thinking about it for sometime now.

My teacher mentioned something about eventually being able basically create the child and make it what you want.

My question is does anyone agree with it?

Personally I don't. It takes away the beauty of nature as well as the surprise. I honestly think its trying to change something that shouldn't be changed.
If I ever did had a kid that was mine and not adopted I would only change him/her if they would be born with something bad. Like being born with a disease or something [this came up in my biology class too]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sai's brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:51 AM   #23
Space Cowboy Sasori
Space Ghost

Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via MSN to Space Cowboy Sasori

GATTACA is such a good movie based on this premise, and the whole theory of predestination.

Quote:
Pat: telling it like it is.

Space Cowboy Sasori is offline   Reply With Quote