Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Great Off-Topica > Creative Corner

Creative Corner Fanfiction? Check. Fan Art? Check. Anything else you can imagine creating? Check, check, check. Just keep those pesky forum rules in mind!

Old 03-18-2011, 06:05 AM   #1
Ryaque
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: I'ma partyin' wit dah Dothraki and "crowning" Viserys! xD
Ryaque is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Ryaque is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Ryaque is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Ryaque is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Ryaque is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via Yahoo to Ryaque Send a message via Skype™ to Ryaque
Wink The Night the North Star Fell...

Intro:
My mother used to say to me "the night sky is the heavens, and the shining stars are the playful angels watching over us as we sleep." When I was little, I dreamed of meeting an angel. My mother always said they were beautiful beyond imagination and they had the sweetest voices. "On nights you can't get to sleep," she'd say, "simply stare up at the stars and very soon soft music will fill your head and you'll drift into the land of dreams..."

About five years ago, mom died. I was ten when she pass away, but I still remember her last sentence, "don't worry about me. I'm simply going to sleep with angels now..." I cried and cried; I cried so much that I felt I would explode. After mom died, dad came and took me away. I hadn't met him before, mom always said he was a unpredictable man, and I was scared.

Two days after he brought me home, dad came back drunk. He sauntered about the house, cussing at any little thing he saw, and finally his gaze rested on me; a mourning boy too weak to fight back. He grabbed the back of my shirt and lifted me straight off the ground. "Do you believe in angels, boy?" He'd said before throwing me across the room. "Where are you're angels now?!"

My name is Hisoka, and I'm fifteen years old. My father is a terrible man, my mother is sleeping with angels, and I feel so alone. Or, I felt alone until I saw a star fall from the sky and I met a stunning and healing angel...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ryaque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:20 AM   #2
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: The Night the North Star Fell...

Love it so far. :P
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:07 AM   #3
Kiseki
Release the Kraken!

Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Really nice intro. I'd love to read some more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kiseki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:31 PM   #4
Ryaque
Special Jonin Candidate

Ryaque is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Ryaque is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Ryaque is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Ryaque is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Ryaque is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Wink Re: The Night the North Star Fell...

I'll post the next part when more people read and comment.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:33 AM   #5
Ryaque
Special Jonin Candidate

Hisoka:
It was raining hard; the mourners were drenched from head to toe in rain and tears. I stood next to my mother's best friend, Ai-sama, and both of us watched the casket being lowered into the ground. We listened to the priest give a final farewell and spinkled holy water onto her grave. I remember holding back tears, refusing to cry infront of everyone. Refusing to let everyone know how hurt I really was. "Depart my friends," the priest said, "for now, she rests with the angels in Heaven."

My eyes opened and I found myself in my room. So, I dreamed of her again...It was a full moon tonight. The stars were shining brightly and there wasn't a cloud in sight. I got out of bed and listened for the TV. It was off, so father must have been sleeping. Without a sound, I snuck out of the house and sat under a big oak tree. The angels responded by shining brighter and winking at me, or atleast, that's what they seemed to do. "Mom, if you can hear me....please be happy, where ever you are." I got no response, but a feeling of peace filled me. I smiled, closed my eyes, and slept under God's angels.
She sat on her pedistal of clouds, the brightest angel in the sky, and watched the Earth spin below. Her immortal heart was filled with sorrow after watching the world of the humans for so long. The wars, hate, murders, betrayal; all of it was near unbearable to watch. Then, she heard a prayer from a boy, "Mom, if you can hear me....please be happy, where ever you are." Something about this boy was different. Very few humans would pray for others, asking for nothing in return for themselves. Curious, she focused on him and saw him sleepling under a tree. His hair was ruffled from sleep and his eyes were closed. He had marks on his face from crying, and she saw bruises on his arms. She shook her head in disgust.
"Humans are so cruel to one another. It's despicable..." She turned away from the humans and the Earth and the boy under the tree, determined to never look down again for the rest of her life.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:05 PM   #6
cherryflower
Special Jonin Candidate

cherryflower has completed a tough C-rank mission!cherryflower has completed a tough C-rank mission!

The story is AMAZING!

SASUKEXLEE SUPPORTER
Saucely
cherryflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:50 AM   #7
UsagiMizuki
Veteran Chunin

UsagiMizuki saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Wow, I love this! Very nice work! Please write more!

& Reina Kobayashi
Moonlight | Amazon

UsagiMizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:45 PM   #8
Ryaque
Special Jonin Candidate

Above:
Despite her promise to herself, she couldn't help looking down again. It was morning now, and she watched the boy being wretched to his feet cruely by his father. She glared down at him in utter disgust but she did nothing to intervene. She watched as the boy was slapped across the face for sleeping on the ground and crying again. "You're a man. Start acting like it!" The boy's father screamed in the boy's face. The boy said nothing; he just starred at his father in fear.
She closed her eyes and tried to bottle her anger. "There are demons possing as men, and he is one of the worst..." When she looked at the boy again, he was laying on the ground weeping; a large gash was on the back of his head and bleeding profusly. She wanted so much to help him, but what could she do? She was an angel and he...he was a human boy living in a Hell on Earth....
He felt so helpless. It seemed like the whole world was so cruel and dark without his mother. He missed her so much, but he would never again be able to embrace her or to tell her that he loved her. If she were here right now, he wouldn't be in so much pain. He wished, even if it was for a moment, that he could see his mother again.
Hisoka looked up into the sky, right were the North Star would be, and tried to make sense of the cruelty done to him. Did he do something wrong? Did he not love his mother enough and this was his punishment? What did he do to deserve this? The tears fell rapidly and vanished in the grass and with their departure, Hisoka felt more and more alone.

"Hisoka, why are you so sad?"
"I miss you, mom, I don't know what to do...I feel so alone..." he replied to his subconcious's image of his mother.
"You are not alone, Hisoka, sweety, the angels are always with you, and so am I." She stepped forward and wrapped him in her arms. She always smelled of lavender; the scent calmed Hisoka and caused his mind to wander through the memories he had of her. When they went to the beach and saw the baby turtles racing eachother to the sea, when they went for icecream and his mother bought a cone for a poor little girl who dropped hers, but mostly he remembered how she would always tuck him in bed when he was little and tell him about the angels.
"Mom, will I ever see you again?" He asked but he already knew the answer.
"Not in this life, sweety, but in the next..." she released him and kissed his forehead. With that, she was gone; Hisoka was alone once again...

Hisoka woke up to find himself in his room again. The moon was shinning bright; the stars seemed to smile now that he was awake. He stood infront of his window and looked for the images inside their patterns. He saw Draco, the fierce dragon, and the great messenger of the gods, Pegasus. He saw the Big Dipper that led the slaves to freedom in the north, and the great bears of the sky. I wonder if the stars gaze down on us just as we gaze up at them...

The North Star's light blazed brighter then ever and appeared to move. At first, Hisoka thought his eyes were playing tricks on him but, even after several blinks, it kept moving. The North Star was falling!

He threw on a jacket and ran outside. He watched as the star fell faster and faster, leaving a tail of light behind it. His heart pounded and his breathing became eratic as he chased the star. Finally, it fell and landed in a park a couple miles away. "I have to see it! I have to!"
She felt so hot and so cold at the same time. Her wings ached something aweful, and she didn't know where she was. Everything was so big! After seeing things only from above, she forgot how large everything on Earth was. She groaned from pain and sat up and gazed around. The sky was above her and she appeared to be in some kind of crater; no doubt caused by her fall.
Then she realized what had just happened and gasped, "I've fallen! No! I don't want to be on Earth!" She buried her head in her hands and wrapped her wings around herself. She sobbed and weeped; never before had she ever felt this alone and helpless.

Someone was comming. Her body tensed and she looked around to try and find the source of the noise. There was heavy breathing and the sound of feet hitting wet grass. She backed up against the crater wall and looked for something to hide behind, but there was nothing. She was about to yell out for whoever was comming to leave her alone when she saw him:the boy. He was the one who had come running to see her. What did he want? Was he a friend or a foe?

"A girl! No...an angel!" He gasped and descended into the crater. "How did you get here?!"
She didn't answer; she just pulled her knees in close and tried to hide behind her wings.
"You're the North Star! I saw you fall! Are you okay? Do you need something....maybe clothes?" He covered his face and held out the jacket he wore towards here.
She blushed brightly, remembering humans liked to cover themselves, and took the jacket.
The boy waited a good minute before he undercovered eyes, and even then he was cautious. "Are you okay?"
She starred at him for a couple seconds before answering. "Yes....but I'm sore....I need somewhere to rest...." she flinched away from him as he held a hand out for her.
"Don't be afraid. My name is Hisoka. Do you have a name, or is it 'North Star?'"
She smiled shyly at him, "my mother calls me...Miyako."
"Miyako...it's very pretty. Come on, I'll take you somewhere so you can rest." He helped her to her feet, careful not to touch her wings, and together they climbed out of the crater and disappeared into the darkness of the night.

Old 05-02-2011, 03:16 PM   #9
UsagiMizuki
Veteran Chunin

I loved it! It just get's better and better! ^^ ♥

& Reina Kobayashi
Moonlight | Amazon

Old 05-02-2011, 06:21 PM   #10
Kiko-kun
Jonin
Formerly a Hyuuga

Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

More, please?

^ My future wife.
WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.
Kiko-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:30 PM   #11
Ryaque
Special Jonin Candidate

Miyako:
She opened her eyes and squinted at the bright light. For a moment, she thought she was still in the sky and searched for her brothers and sisters. Instead, she saw a small nightstande a little window, and a room with bare walls. Then she remembered her falling from the sky and sighed heavily. I have fallen....how will I ever get home?
Tears threatened to spill over in her eyes. She pulled her wings and legs closer, trying to think of a way to get back into the sky where she belonged. When she saw her wings she gasped; instead of their normal brilliant white that shined in the night sky they were raven black. When the sunlight licked her feathers, shades of purple and blue shimmered underneath the black. "So it's true," she spoke outloud, "when we are cast out of the sky...our wings turn as black as the night sky...."
"Miyako, are you awake?" The boy stood in an open doorway, backpack in hand, and fresh bruises on his arms and legs. He approached slowly and had a slight limp in his gait. "You slept all day."
She glanced out the window and up at the blue sky seeming so alien to her. "Stars sleep at day and shine at night. I feel so..."
"...backwards?" He asked and set his bag down on the bed, "I can't imagine what it must have been like to fall so fast."
Miyako nodded slowly, "I need to get back home, but I don't know how. No angel who has fallen has ever returned...."
Hisoka seemed alittle shocked, "others have fallen before you? Who? Where are they? Maybe they can help you!"
She shook her head, "the only angels to be cast out of the sky are those who rebelled against my mother long ago. They became creatures of darkness and made their home in the core of the Earth...Satan and his fallen angels..."
Again, Hisoka was shocked. "You mean when they were cast out by God?"
Miyako shook her head, "my mother's name is Amaterasu. She is the sky and the heavens. She is the very first angel. I do not know of someone named 'God.'"

Sounds comming from down the hallway made both of them look at the open doorway. "My father!" Hisoka said in a voice full of fear. He grabbed Miyako and pulled her towards the floor on the opposite side of the bed. "Stay down and don't say a word. If he catches you....." he let the threat go unsaid and turned to face his father.
"Shouldn't you be doing your homework, boy?" His father slurred some of his words slightly; a bottle of Bud Lite was in his hand, half empty.
"I have no homework, sir." Hisoka replied, trying to hide the fear in his tone.
"Don't tell me you have no homework and you're doing nothing!" Instantly, his father became hopelessly enraged and charged forward, hands outstretched towards Hisako.

When he opened his eyes, he saw Miyako leaning over him. She appeared to have been crying for her eyes were blood shot and the marks still scarred her pale cheeks. His entire body hurt and he couldn't remember anything past getting tackled to the ground and hitting his head on his hard-wood floor.
Miyako tenderly touched the back of his head and he instantly felt a wonderful numbness wash through his body. "Try not to move," Miyako whispered quietly, "you might have a serious head injury."
"How do you know...so much about this?" He asked, but had to bite his tongue to fight of the new sensation of pain in his body.
"I've watched humans healing eachother over the years. You pick up a thing or two..." she clenched his hands and pulled him to his feet, fluttering her wings slightly to get a little extra power behind it.
"Thank you...." Hisoka smiled shyly at her and seemed to be truly noticing her for the first time. She still wore his jacket, but much skin was showing; it was pale and seemed to have it's own shine to it. Her hair was waist-length and a deep royal purple with the very tips turning into a charcoal black. Her eyes were a reflexive blue and seemed to stare straight into his beaten soul.
"You should leave here. That man treats you so horribly." Miyako said as she glanced back towards the open doorway. "He is a demon in a human's skin."
"He is my father. I can't leave!"
"But you cannot stay here and be the victim of his abuse. If fear one day he will go too far and hurt you beyond repair."
To both Miyako's and his own surprise, he smiled. "If I die, then I'll simply sleep with the angels.
"The North Star, sir. We believe is has fallen in a town not two hundred miles from here, sir."
"Well done, my friend. Now, let's go get that star and then find our true target."
"Yes sir!" Her second in command saluted and then left her alone to her planning. She twirled her hair and paced, lost deep in thought. So, one of the oldest and most powerful angels has fallen. There must be a good reason. There will also most likely be repercutions to such a earth-shattering event. My men with have to handle the situation delicately. If they fail, then we will never find Amaterasu's human descendant and we will never be able to bent him or her to our will. However, I do not suspect any complications to arise...just so long as the star doesn't fall in love.

Last edited by Ryaque; 06-20-2011 at 09:51 AM.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:40 PM   #12
UsagiMizuki
Veteran Chunin

Dun dun daaa. xD

♥ /Begs for more.

& Reina Kobayashi
Moonlight | Amazon

Old 06-17-2011, 08:36 AM   #13
Ryaque
Special Jonin Candidate

Hisoka:
Hisoka woke up late at night in a cold sweat. Ever since he had seen Miyako fall from the sky, he'd been having nightmares about what might've happened if anyone but himself had found her. He sat up and took several deep breaths. "It's okay, she's fine. She's fine..." He almost jumped out of his skin when he felt a hand touch his shoulder.
"Hisoka, what is wrong?" Miyako asked, no louder than a whisper.
"I keep having nightmares about what might've happened if I wasn't the one who found you..."
Miyako smiled and gently pushed him back down into his bed, "I may have fallen, but I'm not useless. I know how to take care of myself, but thank you for your concern."
Hisoka smiled and nodded, "good night."

Miyako:
She starred up at the night sky turning into dawn, tears falling silently from her eyes. She saw her brothers and sisters still shining as brightly as they ever had. Did they even miss her, or even know that she was gone? "Why do my sisters still shine when I have fallen?" She sobbed brokenly, but quietly so she wouldn't wake Hisoka. "Hisoka..." she looked over at him and spoke his name as if she was praying. Something about this boy was different than other humans. It wasn't because of the abuse he suffered, or that fact that his mother was dead. It was something about his heart...something about the pureness of his heart made her feel safe near him. What is this feeling?

Drunked footsteps "thud-thumped" up the stairs. Diving under the bed, Miyako hid from sight but didn't notice a couple black feathers became dislodged in the process.
Hisoka's father walked over to his sleeping son and pushed him out of the bed. "Get up yah waste of human flesh!" He yelled and kicked the boy, "out of the goodness of my heart, I let you stay here, and what do I get? A lazy, good-for-nothing dreamer!"
Hisoka didn't make a sound, he just closed his eyes and took his punishment, and only when his father grunted did he open his eyes.
Hisoka's father held one of Miyako's feathers and scratched his head, "are ya hidin' a bird in here?"
"No sir." Hisoka replied. It wasn't really lying, he wasin'g hiding a bird.
"You're lying to me! That's it!" Hisoka's father lifted the boy into the air and opened a near-by window. "Liars burn in Hell." He warned and threw Hisoka out of the window, not realizing the fall would most likely kill the boy.
"MIYAKO!!!!" Hisoka yelled.
Throwing caution to the wind, Miyako flew out from under the bed and dove to save Hisoka, ignoring the father's surpised gasps. She tucked her wings in close to her body and reached out her hands. "Reach! Take my hand!"
Hisoka reached as far as he could, but still he was too far away. The ground came closer to him, threatening to engulf him, and Hisoka knew his life would end. "Here I come mom..." he closed his eyes and waited for the end.

Last edited by Ryaque; 06-20-2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:41 PM   #14
UsagiMizuki
Veteran Chunin

Cliffhanger!

I hate/love those. xD

/Thumbs up

& Reina Kobayashi
Moonlight | Amazon

Old 06-18-2011, 02:22 AM   #15
Jonesy
likes to post-it post-it
Konoha Military Force

Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

I like it.
Jonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:10 AM   #16
Ryaque
Special Jonin Candidate

Hisoka:
He must be going insane. No longer did he feel like he was falling; instead, he was rising up into the sky. The wind whipped through his short brown hair and whistled in his ears. Then he heard the constant "fwa fwump" of large wings flapping and someone was sobbing.
Hisoka opened his eyes to see the ground rushing by undernearth him and someone was holding onto his shirt for dear life. He was flying. "Miyako?"
She stopped and smiled down at him in relief, "Hisoka, are you okay?"
He nodded, "are you crying?"
Miyako blinked away her tears and couldn't stop smiling, "I was afraid, but I'm not anymore."
He turned his head to see her and gasped. The way the light reflected off her black wings, and the way her violet hair whipped around in the wind made her extremely beautiful. Quickly looking away, he hoped to hide his blush. "Where are we going?"
Miyako's reply was automatic, "somewhere safe where your father can't hurt you anymore."
"The fallen angel is gone, sir," the officer replied slowly. He was rewarded with a well-manacured slap to the face.
"Unacceptable! She's just one angel! How can you lose her?!" Her anger was fumming and her face turned bright red as a result.
"We have reports there is someone with the angel, a boy, sir." The lower officer quickly replied, hoping to make up for his bad news.
She raised a curious eyebrow, "who is the boy?"
"All we have is a first name: Hisoka. He lives with his father after his mother died in a car crash."
She sneered at him, causing the officer to flinch back, "why would I care about details like that? What does this 'Hisoka' look like? How did he find our fallen angel? Those details are the ones I need. Now go get them!"
The officer saluted and left in a hurry with nothing more than a "yes sir."
She sighed heavily and turned back towards the open window that opened up onto the city of New York. The angel is not alone. This could be a complication. We must kill this Hisoka before the angel falls in love with him. We must find Amaterasu's human decendant before it's too late!

Old 06-20-2011, 07:31 PM   #17
UsagiMizuki
Veteran Chunin

Keeps gettin' better. ^^ ♥

& Reina Kobayashi
Moonlight | Amazon

Old 06-27-2011, 09:54 AM   #18
Ryaque
Special Jonin Candidate

Together:
Miyako and Hisoka flew for an unknown amount of hours. Miyako must've been growing tired, but she refused to show it. Hisoka watched the world change below; the city faded to country, back to city, and even a desert. Now, they were flying over an endless expance of grass, hills, and forests. It was the country as it's greatest.
"Hisoka, are you okay?" Miyako asked when she noticed Hisoka's eyes watering.
"I was thinking about mom...she would've loved this."
Miyako smiled while going into a shallow dive, "she must've been a great woman, if she raised you to be as you are. How did you ever end up with that man?"
Hisoka sobbed, "she died..."
Miyako beat her wings quickly and hovered over the ground for a couple beats before setting Hisoka down. She gracefully touched ground next to him and looked at him with pitiful eyes, "I'm sorry. How did she die?"
He looked deep into her eyes and couldn't help but feel a little better knowing someone cared about him. "She was killed in a drunk-driving accident. A truck crashed into her and crumpled her car; the driver had been drunk and fell asleep at the wheel."
Miyako put an encouraging arm around his shoulders, "I'm sorry. Come on, let's find somewhere to hide for the night." Slowly, she led Hisoka into the forest, wrapping one wing around him, and looked up at the night sky. Brothers, sisters, protect us, and protect Hisoka's mother please...
Miyako woke up in the middle of the night to heavy footsteps and the thoughts of something big and hungry lurking in the darkness. She got up and glanced over at Hisoka, he was still sleeping. Getting to her feet, she looked for the scource of the hungry thoughts. Her eyes met two glowing yellow eyes; a growl erupted from the darkness. Immediately following, a large grizzly bear ripped through the thick brush and headed straight for Miyako.
Hisoka woke up in an instant and screamed. He leapt up and pushed Miyako out of the way and then dove to avoid himself being trammpled by the hungry bear.
Miyako landed hard on her side, but ignored the pain that shot through her. Eyes wide with fear, she watched Hisoka climb up a tree, hoping to avoid the bear. However, the bear stood on its hind legs and started to follow Hisoka up the tall maple.
"HELP!" Hisoka yelled, his face with this fear.
"In the name of the Goddess!" Miyako leapt into the air and drew a spear that seemed to be made of the light of Heaven. Letting lose a terrifying war-cry, she plunged the spear point into the bear's shoulder. It roared in pain and anger and swept at her with its large paws. In one beat of her wings, she was safe from the bear's claws. She dove, reached for the spear, and tore it from the bear's flesh. Blood sprayed on near-by plants and on Miyako's face. Determined to finish the fight, Miyako thrust the spear forward and pierced the bear's heart. The body fell and wriggled, but finally grew still.
Hisoka gingerly climbed down from the tree and starred at Miyako fearfully, "you...you...killed it!
She nodded and threw the spear into the sky; it dissolved and disappeared. "I didn't want it to kill you."
"But...you...how did you...how?!" He stammered.
"I told you I could take care of myself..." Miyako smiled at him, then knelt next to the bear. She said something Hisoka couldn't hear, and then the bear vanished. The only clue it was ever there was the tracks and the imprint in the grass.
"How did you do that?!"
Miyako smiled, "there's a lot more to angels then people realize..."