Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 01:41 PM   #1
Bradley
Genin

Bradley saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Unfair modding in the Battlegrounds section

I was involved in a thread in the Battlegrounds section, Korra vs Roy Mustang. The Immortal Watchdog banned me for "biased debating and fanwanking". However, I am just as much of a Fullmetal Alchemist fan as I am a Legend of Korra fan. My username is even for King Bradley, a character from Fullmetal Alchemist. Immortal Watch Dog's accusations are false. I did not break any rules; I remained civil and courteous and did not flame anyone in the thread. Yet Watch Dog chose to ban me, essentially because he didn't like my argument.

What is the point of the Battlegrounds if you can just ban people who don't agree with you and continue to make their argument?

Edit: The Smod Konoha'sGreenThunder unbanned me. I maintain that The Immortal Watch Dog's actions were unfair.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:49 PM   #2
Larry01239
Special Jonin Candidate

Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Unfair modding in the Battlegrounds section

biased debating and fanwanking has nothing to do with remaining civil and courteous and did not flaming anyone.

You ignored evidence and exaggerated feats and continued to do it after you were told not to.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry01239 View Post
biased debating and fanwanking has nothing to do with remaining civil and courteous and did not flaming anyone.

You ignored evidence and exaggerated feats and continued to do it after you were told not to.
It doesn't matter what ridiculous claims a person makes as long as their comments remain within the forum rules. A mod cannot arbitrarily decide when someone can or can't post based on how foolish think a person's post is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Old 09-14-2012, 01:57 PM   #4
Larry01239
Special Jonin Candidate

Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
It doesn't matter what ridiculous claims a person makes as long as their comments remain within the forum rules. A mod cannot arbitrarily decide when someone can or can't post based on how foolish a person's post is.
In the battlegrounds they can. At least that is my understanding of the new orders the Mods were given.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:59 PM   #5
Bradley
Genin

Here is a defense of my actions in the thread. Immortal Watch Dog apparently re-banned me so I couldn't finish posting this in the thread.

(Immortal Watch Dog's post was addressed to Konoha'sGreenThunder)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
Are you seriously doing this pro PBS crap after you were told to stay out?

Do you have any idea what consitutes trolling on this section?

Disagreements are fine wanking is not being biased and ignoring evidence is.not
Well let's see what the Official Debate Standards for the Battlegrounds have to say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog
Trolling: can come in a variety of forms biased debating and fanboyism is one of those forms: You are welcome to be a fan of a series but when you start embellishing that series and downplaying others you become a problem not just for the member base but for the staff as well.
I'm not being biased, as I like Fullmetal Alchemist as much as Avatar/Legend of Korra (I own the 2003 DVDs, the first half of the Brotherhood blu-rays, and will buy the second half when I get the money). I haven't embellished any feats for Korra. I am open to Roy having the speed everyone claims if there are feats to back it up, which is another key BG rule:

Quote:
Feats: consistent showings (high end and normal) are the only valid form of evidence- while calculations and other methods of fan interpretation of these feats can be presented in the BG’s nothing trumps consistent feats everything takes else in canon takes a back seat to on panel evidence:
So far, no feats have been presented which show that Mustang's attacks are too fast for Korra to react to at 50 meters. Maybe at only a couple meters like when he was fighting Envy and Lust, and a few posts back I conceded that if Mustang was at point blank range Korra probably couldn't react. But standard BG rules state that:

Quote:
the opposing sides start out about 100 feet from one another.
Ah, ok. It's 100 feet, or about 30 meters. Still, that's a longer range than when Mustang was fighting Envy or Lust. No feats have been shown that indicate that Mustang's attack at 30 meters is too fast for Korra to react to; I'm not downplaying anything, I'm asking for evidence for people's claims.

Note that I am not trying to bring the actual debate into this thread, but defend myself against the accusations that I was somehow breaking Battlegrounds rules.

Last edited by Bradley; 09-14-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:03 PM   #6
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
In the battlegrounds they can. At least that is my understanding of the new orders the Mods were given.
Nope, it's abusing mod powers

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Old 09-14-2012, 02:07 PM   #7
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: In my own little world that's in my own little head
WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Spoiler:

Why are you calling him out anyway? Or you trying to get in more trouble?? If he abused his power before (I dunno if he did) wouldn't he do it again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny
well, war babies come from war, nerd babies from from trees, peace babies come from birds, ect

Last edited by WishfulFairie; 09-14-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:09 PM   #8
Bradley
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulFairie View Post
Why are you calling him out anyway? Or you trying to get in more trouble??
He banned me from the thread unfairly. I am bringing my concern about unfair modding to the feedback forum. That is a purpose of this section is it not?
Old 09-14-2012, 02:09 PM   #9
Larry01239
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Nope, it's abusing mod powers
So were you or were you not instructed to stay out of BG affairs?
Old 09-14-2012, 02:10 PM   #10
Sajuuk
Special Jonin Candidate

Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
So were you or were you not instructed to stay out of BG affairs?
That is neither related to this thread nor your concern. Your not a mod so don't get involved in moderator affairs.
YouTube Channel:
Old 09-14-2012, 02:12 PM   #11
Larry01239
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajuuk View Post
That is neither related to this thread nor your concern. Your not a mod so don't get involved in moderator affairs.
It kinda is my concern if One Mod says one thing and another mod says another thing. Since I post in that section I'd like to know who is right. And yes, it is directly related to this thread.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:15 PM   #12
Konoha'sGreenThunder
Wallflower

Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Send a message via Skype™ to Konoha'sGreenThunder

Okay, it's fine to be concerned, but just let staff handle it, please.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:15 PM   #13
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
It doesn't matter what ridiculous claims a person makes as long as their comments remain within the forum rules. A mod cannot arbitrarily decide when someone can or can't post based on how foolish think a person's post is.
read the BG house standards

you are simply put not permitted to have opinions not supported by facts

Bradley is also a very skilled manipulator and liar who is essentially using your issues with me as an excuse to skirt what he did

to the extent that..as far as I know the man didn't even obey the primary canon laws

Old 09-14-2012, 02:19 PM   #14
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: In my own little world that's in my own little head
WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

In my opinion you are both two angry people and angry people say whatever.
But please don't drag all of us into this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny
well, war babies come from war, nerd babies from from trees, peace babies come from birds, ect
Old 09-14-2012, 02:20 PM   #15
Bradley
Genin

Quote:

Bradley is also a very skilled manipulator and liar who is essentially using your issues with me as an excuse to skirt what he did
You are calling me a liar? That's a pretty serious accusation. When have I lied?

Quote:
to the extent that..as far as I know the man didn't even obey the primary canon laws
You mean this rule?

"Canon: You will use the primary canon only: Whatever that maybe you will not utilize non canon material (the DBZ anime) unless specified by OP fiat."

I actually brought it up myself in the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
Legend of Korra isn't even an anime, it's an American cartoon. The anime is not canon for Fullmetal Alchemist because it's not the primary source for FMA, the manga is.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:20 PM   #16
Bacon

Awards Showcase

Quote:

Those standards do not overrule anything within the general forum rules IWD.

Quote:

Old 09-14-2012, 02:22 PM   #17
Larry01239
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
So your saying the BGs should be shut down, since you won't allow people who don't follow BG rules to be kicked out of the section?
Old 09-14-2012, 02:25 PM   #18
Konoha'sGreenThunder
Wallflower

Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Send a message via Skype™ to Konoha'sGreenThunder

That's not at all what he said. Please, let staff handle it.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:25 PM   #19
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I actually brought it up myself in the thread.[/QUOTE]

yes you did while using the 03 anime? and doing nothing to correct your opposition?

also why bring up Korras canonicity everyone knew that unless you had some spastic morons arguing against you

Quote:
So the next time Nightmare luffy posts his "Madara is superior to a nigh omnipotent who blows up multiverses" threads I should just allow him to single handedly train wreck the entire section because the rest of Viz respects peoples rights to have asinine views?

Sorry..no

Old 09-14-2012, 02:26 PM   #20
Ashen
The Reaper
Quasi-Admin

Ashen completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.
Ashen completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

@Bradley- You can PM your issue directly to me and we'll sort it out there.

@Larry01239- Please stay out of staff business.

Thread locked.

Closed Thread