Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion

Naruto Manga Discussion All the latest discussions about the Naruto manga (beware, spoilers abound).

Old 07-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #61
koshej
Veteran Chunin

koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Re: Naruto Chapter 640

Vocaloid
Predictably boring.
Unpredictably illogical...

Al
koshej is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:13 PM   #62
Larry01239
Special Jonin Candidate

Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

The Sage of Six Obitos!
Larry01239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:21 PM   #63
Jakropha
Your Lord Zetsoom

Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vocaloid View Post
So...is this how the rest of the chapters are going to go?

339: "Oh no! Sasuke and Naruto are in trouble! Will they survive?!"

340: "Lol DUH they're the main characters of course I won't kill th- but wait! They're in trouble again! Is this the end for them?!"

When 341 comes out: "Trolololo did you guys really fall for that? HAHAHA."

These recent chapters have been so boring and predictable.
I hope you meant 639-641, but still, that might have happened in those chapters too
Good job with the realistic suspense Kishi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyAl View Post
This is turning into a playground fight.

Obito: I threw a ball at you! You turn into dust and die!

Everyone else: Nuh-uh! We teleported away and dodged it!

Obito: Well I went underground, came up and grabbed your heads! And then I rubbed the seal off so that you can't teleport to me now! I'm going to crush you to death!

Naruto: Nuh-uh! I used my magic arms to grab the others so we can teleport away from you!

Obito: Well I stuck an exploding ball to Minato's arm so that it teleports too! It'll blow you all up!

I'm predicting the next chapter will have Minato teleporting it away, then Obito turns all of the ground into lava. Then everyone else says that he can't do that, causing Obito to run away crying, where he'll then tell the teachers the other kids were bullying him.
When I was in the playground, sometimes one of us would just say we can walk all over what we we're doing, so instead of always dodging godly attacks, we always tried to godmod an attack in the same move, so if Obito were to turn the ground into lava, Sasuke would be able to manipulate the fire to give them a safespot, and turn ALL the lava on Juubito.
Then Juubito would turn the lava into ice cream, and then tell everyone they have to eat the ice cream (which is still sand mind you)

It goes like that a lot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jakropha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:24 PM   #64
Lord Jiraiya
Chunin Exam Participant

Lord Jiraiya has completed a tough C-rank mission!Lord Jiraiya has completed a tough C-rank mission!

I believe Obito is only 50% power. He has the staff and his body is still showing spikes. I believe the 100% power will have both weapons of the Sage and his body will be like the sage himself.
Lord Jiraiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:34 PM   #65
paradigm1977
Chunin Exam Proctor

paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by and17y1 View Post
This is what happened in my opinion:
The pages where Obito is shown to be torn apart is actually in his mind where Juubi is trying to take control over his inner self (or body). BUt then Obito reminds himself about Rin and gets stronger.

Still cant figure out how did he get that staff.
Yes, the others were close, but this is most likely it.

More detail.

Juubi was taking over his mind. the tearing of the body wasn't physical tearing, just symbolic of the mental and inner physical pain Obito was going through in his head.

The tearing apart got worse for him mentally, as it finally reached his most His head, which protects the brain.

He was losing his mind to the pain, so he focused on his memory of Rin, etc., the photo, to keep him conscious and to bear the pain.

The photo tearing, is his mind fracturing under the pain/pressure the juubi is exerting on his mind. Pain increases, his mind is so ripped apart/distracted by pain, he can't focus.

The close-up of the crack along his sharingan, is now the most personal physical aspect of him, representing he is about to lose this fight. His brain will be broken/torn apart.

But...

He "pulls it together,* pun intended. Mind clears up, represented by the photo back together, pain stops, represented by his body parts together,....

back to the fight: and now he can talk.

"finally." (the battle and pain is over)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
paradigm1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:38 PM   #66
Sabaku.Soso
Special Jonin Candidate

Sabaku.Soso is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sabaku.Soso is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sabaku.Soso is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sabaku.Soso is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sabaku.Soso is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sabaku.Soso is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradigm1977 View Post
Yes, the others were close, but this is most likely it.

I'll add more detail.

Juubi was taking over his mind. the tearing of the body wasn't physical tearing, just symbolic of the mental pain Obito was going through in his head. The tearing apart finally reached his most vulnerable area. His head.

He was losing his mind to the pain, so he focused on his memory, the photo, to keep him consciousness. To bear the pain.

The photo tearing is his mind fracturing under the pain/pressure the juubi is exerting on his mind. and perhaps pain over his body.

The close-up of the crack along his sharingan, is now the most personal physical aspect of him, representing he is about to lose this fight.

But...

He "pulls it together,* pun intended. Mind clears up, represented by the photo back together, pain stops, represented by his body parts together,....

and now he can talk.

"finally." (the battle and pain is over)
What you said.
Even though its a little too lame of Obito to be that annoyingly obsessed with Rin. Rikkudo Sennin would be pissed to know that the next Jinchuuriki of his Juubi only became Jinchuuriki for a woman

Sabaku.Soso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:35 AM   #67
DrKage
Chunin Exam Participant

DrKage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DrKage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DrKage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DrKage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DrKage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DrKage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DrKage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Something that bothers me, Naruto and other jinchurriki have to train for a long time to be able to use tailed beast powers consciously (not reflexively like naruto did in pt. 1) but Obito is nearly driven insane but still seems to be a master of Juubi chakra inside of him in about 2 minutes.
DrKage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:29 PM   #68
Kishimomo
Genin

Kishimomo has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kishimomo has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kishimomo has completed a tough C-rank mission!

1 out 5.

Am I the only one who couldn't give a 2 cents about Juubito?
Kishi needs more structure, I feel like I'm reading snippets of a fight all thrown together in random order.

Also, I'm waiting for Naruto to go Sage of 6 Paths mode. Naruto already has the chakra of all the tailed beasts.
Kishimomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:11 AM   #69
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

You know how Obito's entire identity revolves around Rin?

The entire Narutoworld revolves around Rin!

Just look:
Rinnegan
Sharingan.
Rinne Tensei
Kirin
Karin

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.

Last edited by Vivi; 07-26-2013 at 02:48 AM.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:42 AM   #70
Hiei
Veteran Chunin

Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Mind = Blown
Hiei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:51 PM   #71
Godaime Kazekage
Chunin Exam Proctor

Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.
Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.

On vacation, so just reading it now and most people already covered up the confusing bits, but I'll try to put up their explanations (with my spin on them) all in this post:

How Sasuke and Naruto escaped Obito's attack: Naruto shot out his chakra arms to touch Minato and Sasuke allowing Minato to teleport them with FTG.

What happened in the ripping apart sequence: It basically symbolized the internal struggle between Obito and the Juubi for control with Obito almost losing until he focused on his main motivation (Rin) and pulling together and "winning".

Where'd Obito get the staff: It's made of the same material he was attacking with in the last chapter, it's just formed into the shape of the staff, because now he's closer to Rikudo (has control over Juubi).

Other notes: Kind of annoyed that in typical Kishi fashion we didn't get to see Minato's attack, but it looks like it's just an application of FTG where he places his kunai all around the target and then just barrages them with attacks while teleporting between them.

Next chapter it looks like Naruto and Sasuke are going to be on their own-Minato will probably teleport himself away and have the bomb blow up with him. Maybe we'll see Bee hop in and some progress with Naruto becoming the "True/Counter Sage" to Obito.

Godaime Kazekage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #72
paradigm1977
Chunin Exam Proctor

paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku.Soso View Post
What you said.
Even though its a little too lame of Obito to be that annoyingly obsessed with Rin. Rikkudo Sennin would be pissed to know that the next Jinchuuriki of his Juubi only became Jinchuuriki for a woman

Not a woman, or teen, or any female who has reached puberty. The late 20s/30 year old won by focusing on the 12 year old he always wanted.

I guess that's preferable to a grown woman. Apparently, no grown woman... or child, has been able to replace her.

paradigm1977 is offline   Reply With Quote