Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Anime Discussion

Naruto Anime Discussion General discussions about the Naruto anime series. Do not spoil content that has not been aired in an episode in this forum!

Old 07-30-2011, 01:03 PM   #101
Tsubaki Steve,
Ninja Academy Student

Tsubaki Steve, is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: why do people hate on these so called "fillers"

Sorry I could have worded that one better
By when the Kyuubi takes over I mean the fight after, the Kyuubi Naruto vs Pain one alot of that is filler like when he lifts all the rocks up and hits them at Pain that's an awesome bit in the anime

Nobody can do that through sheer effort alone...this boy is truly a genius!

GO LEE GO!!!
Tsubaki Steve, is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:55 PM   #102
Super Sanin 3
Special Jonin Candidate

Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Super Sanin 3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

People would like fillers alot more if they were made AFTER the series ended, since people usually are anxious for a whole week(or more) waiting to see their favorite chapters in anime form but are disappointed by fillers
Super Sanin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:01 PM   #103
UchihaClanRessurected
Academy Graduate

UchihaClanRessurected saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

SOME of the filler (only some now, not a whole bunch) can get really boring very fast. Some arcs of filler are alright. But the comedic episodes are the ones that get on my nerve. A very small percentage of them are slightly entertaining, but it's often a load of crap.

The Kakashi episode was only alright and I mean barely alright, it's very average and that's me being generous. Every other comedic filler episode is uninteresting and makes me wait for the story that I'm trying to watch.

The main reason I mostly read the manga is because of this problem.
UchihaClanRessurected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:14 PM   #104
RobbieMar1
Chunin Exam Participant

RobbieMar1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.RobbieMar1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.RobbieMar1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Fillers are great, because of 2 reasons. 1. They raise your anticipation for the next manga arc. 2. they flow well with the story. I mean, in Shippuden, the creators fit them in perfectly, in between the sagas.

2) "IIIIIIII dont owe you any explainations....."
::Sasuke::

3) "Calling us Jinchuriki, what gives you the right to label us"
::Naruto::

4) "Im through following orders. For now on, I think for myself"
::Sai::
RobbieMar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:08 AM   #105
XxSharinganxX
Genin

XxSharinganxX saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

I think they are funny, the best was the rock lee one
XxSharinganxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:26 PM   #106
SuperChoji
Chunin

SuperChoji is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

shippuden fillers need to stop now though before its too late. unless they wanna piss off the general fans like they did with the 100+ fillers in a row before shippuden

"MaMa always told me life's like a box of
Chocolates."
FOREST GUMP FTW
if i had eyes like ITACHI... i just dont know
proud member and sponcer of NOTHING
danzo is NNNNOT an Uchia
Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
is a Narutard!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
i beg to differ sweetheart BELIEVE IT
Quote:
I hope your manhood shrivels up and dies from a vicious, itchy STD.
Now that's just plain MEAN

SuperChoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:02 PM   #107
Jmalenko
Special Jonin Candidate

Jmalenko has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Jmalenko has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Jmalenko has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Jmalenko has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Jmalenko has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Jmalenko has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Why do people hate....cause they want the good stuff like the fights and whatnot....me,i dont mind cause the series wouldnt be as exciting or short thanks to the fillers....its good to have a good laugh every once in a while instead of always being so serious....course this is my opinion.

"Take care of the people that matter in your life...or not." Amanda Waller from Justice League Unlimited

Shayd is my sensei....what can i say and now im apart of her pack.

"People May Come and Go,They Live and They Die,But A True Friend is Forever."Raven from Twisted Metal:Black
Jmalenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:10 PM   #108
UNadvant
Freshmen Academy Student

UNadvant is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I don't have a problem with it as long as it's relatively short and entertaining. Otherwise, I can't be distracted from the fact that it's of no consequence to the story.
UNadvant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:34 PM   #109
Yokoshima Zaiaku
Academy Graduate

Yokoshima Zaiaku is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I don't hate filler. However; I do hate how I'll get all into the main story line and then they'll cut away from just when it's getting good and, then take forever to get back. It's like getting to the good part on an episode and then it cuts to commercial and, take forever to get back. And, that's what filler are to me. Fillers are like commercials. I might like some of them, but in the end all I want to do is get back to the episode.

Main story line= Episode
Fillers= Commercial
Yokoshima Zaiaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:25 PM   #110
CoolerThanIce
Chunin Exam Proctor

CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Most fillers are actually quite boring, but a few are pretty decent and entertaining. I couldn't care less if fillers disappeared though.
CoolerThanIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #111
InnerSakura
Special Jonin Candidate

InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Honestly I used to like filler episodes because they are still technically Naruto episodes even though they arent created by Masashi. I still like a couple of them, like the Utakata episodes, but some just seem to stray from the original storyline. I think that if they wanted to make fillers they could use actual events from the manga to fill the gaps with. There is lots of holes in the storyline, especially during the 2 and a half year timeskip before the shippuden storyline that they could have used to fill the gaps with. It would have been nice if they could have made more episodes about what happened to Sasuke while he was training with Orochimaru or showing us more of what Jiraiya's training with Naruto was like. And theres definately a lot more screentime they could have gave Gaara. Considering his complete 180 personality change and all. We are just left to wonder what happened during that time. But the Gaara's bond episode filled in a little bit of what happened while he was working to be Kazekage though so I liked that filler. And I think lots of people would have liked more background info on the other 7 jinchuriki. Utakata got some, so I was ok with that. But the others were just introduced and then killed immediately. I hope they show us more of their background. Because they are technically the most important characters in the war arc except for a few others.

Sakura <3's Aeo

CHAAA!!!!!

InnerSakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:37 PM   #112
narutogirl13
Special Jonin Candidate

narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

While fillers may be used for "easing the tension" of a very important arc, such as Invasion of Pain arc, I've felt others just fell flat, like the Three Tails arc, and the one with Ukataka. Some of them I could never figure out their point, but a majority of them gives viewers a break from all the tension. Some were funny, yes, like the one with the talking ostrich and others like the 50+ fillers before Shippuden totally failed. And as InnerSakura said, there was a wide timeskip between the two series, and the amnimators could have used them to show training of all the genin. Still, i think (some) were good.)

1. Crair Uchiha
2. Ninja Pink
3. joon61
4. Ninyn
5. Souret
6. Shinagato
7. Rogue Uchiha18
8. Stormy_Uchiha
9. Shisko Shi
10. Gaara-Shukaku
11. The sage of the six paths
narutogirl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:36 AM   #113
Saiyan
Chunin Exam Proctor

Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Fillers only make sense if the anime is on the same chapter as the manga.

Otherwise it's bs

It reminds me of the x-files episodes that weren't about aliens

Like 90% of those sucked. Damn did they suck.
Saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:56 AM   #114
BMC1994
Special Jonin Candidate
BG Moderator

BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Because they often make no sense or even contradict the canon(the manga) they deny us to see the awesomest moments animated because they get delayed.

They often plain retarded like that one with giant animal island. And the ninja ostrich.

Are usually just not though out well overall.

Although i admit i did like the one about kakashi mask.

Quote:
on black person kage when his susuano grabbed him and he put him in ms genjutsu with tsuki.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souret
Yes
BMC1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:54 PM   #115
Based God
Freshmen Academy Student

Based God is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

They are alright.

As someone who just started watching the Anime from the beginning for the first time, they are can be annoying. I would say the ridiculous number of fillers paired with the amount of flashbacks are the worst parts of the Anime.

However, the fillers that give back stories on some of the characters that aren't given a real big part in the main story are interesting in my opinion.
Based God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:28 PM   #116
Abra Hatake
Chunin Exam Participant

Abra Hatake is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Abra Hatake is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Abra Hatake is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Abra Hatake is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Abra Hatake is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Abra Hatake is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

For me, fillers detract from the story, and with the absence of some of the main characters, it gets a little boring..

I also notice a small decrease in quality in the animation, probably because the fillers are their own 'thing', and don't have reference images from the Manga.. I notice these kinda things, and it takes me back to the 'crappy 90's animated TV' zone for a while.. not a fan! :S

There are some episodes that I appreciate though, like the Ninja Dropouts arc (I'm still to get stuck in to Shippuden!) - I'm sure the balance will work out over time.

Abra Hatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:53 PM   #117
Sir Michael
Sir Of The Forums

Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.
Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.

Fillers don't draw toward the story.

Sir Michael is offline   Reply With Quote