Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Series Discussion

Series Discussion Got a favorite Anime or Manga you'd like to talk about? Maybe a Light or Visual Novel you think is interesting? Bring it all here!

Old 10-08-2010, 02:55 PM   #21
TheTrueMasterofIllusions
Special Jonin Candidate

TheTrueMasterofIllusions has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TheTrueMasterofIllusions has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TheTrueMasterofIllusions has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TheTrueMasterofIllusions has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TheTrueMasterofIllusions has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TheTrueMasterofIllusions has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via Yahoo to TheTrueMasterofIllusions Send a message via Skype™ to TheTrueMasterofIllusions
Default Re: why do people like anime

Plot, and themes as well as the characterization, fore shadowing, and interesting endings...
Like Code Geass it was politically and psychologically powerful, it had a twisting and surprising ending...it was about changing the world and unocking it from tyranny through tyranny...

Wolf's Rain was about rebirth and finding happiness...it had an interesting and beautiful but sad ending... It gave me the impression of an amazing world....
Annie(Anathema),
Bella(Bell), Byakugan(Bya),
Hinata(Hina), Naruto fan10!(Naru),
Storm50(Stormbringer), Abe Uzumaki(Abs),King Kakashi(Mushu), George
TheTrueMasterofIllusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:07 PM   #22
Naval
Apprentice Genin

Naval is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

i like it because the girls in there are hot, but naruto is different i like naruto because of the story it has, i love it.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:17 PM   #23
i_love_kakashi
Special Jonin Candidate

i_love_kakashi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.i_love_kakashi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.i_love_kakashi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.i_love_kakashi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.i_love_kakashi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.i_love_kakashi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.i_love_kakashi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

I like anime/manga because it provides me with an escape to think outside of the box. The characters, artwork, plot. It's just like a never ending story or life of someone else I have to keep reading or watching into.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:21 PM   #24
OnyxBlossom
Special Jonin Candidate

OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I like anime because it can let me -like other people have said- escape the real world, which is boring and not unique. The art is incredible, and the plots are cool. To be able to think that such worlds could exist, I think the mangakas who create them have way more creativity than people here. Well, if you don't include the DC comics and such...

It also has interesting characters and personalities, which makes it even more interesting. ^^

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

OnyxBlossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 02:58 PM   #25
pathbeyondthedark
Chunin Exam Participant

pathbeyondthedark is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

To start off, I have yet to find the perfect form of entertainment. Anime is often times the closest thing to what I look for though. I enjoy it because some are able to meld the different aspects I find interesting:

drama: while not being too cheesy or melodramatic, but still emotional and very true

action: emotionally engaging and not action for action's sake

imaginative: characters/artwork are unique and better than the American equivalent

inspiring: themes that are universal, simple, but expanded upon to make them complex

humor

Spoiler:
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice? - Xemnas

Last edited by pathbeyondthedark; 10-09-2010 at 03:00 PM.
pathbeyondthedark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 03:04 PM   #26
ONIMUSHA
Special Jonin Candidate

ONIMUSHA saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!ONIMUSHA saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

because american cartoons within the past ten years have sucked
ONIMUSHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:01 AM   #27
krillion1
Genin

krillion1 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

i can agree with all of you but i say that when it comes dow to it its the fact that its not what we see in real life its what we want real life to be like
Old 10-10-2010, 04:04 PM   #28
UsagiMizuki
Veteran Chunin

UsagiMizuki saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

It's just a matter of intrest I guess. Anime to me is kind of a escape from the real world into a much more likeable world full of Action, Romance, Comedy and just a whole bunch of other things that make my normal and sometimes boring life more entertaining. I can't understand what I like about it so much.. It's just a great entertainment for me and a good escape from normalcy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
& Reina Kobayashi
Moonlight | Amazon

UsagiMizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 04:07 PM   #29
HeavenShocking LunarFang7
Special Jonin Candidate

HeavenShocking LunarFang7 has completed a tough C-rank mission!HeavenShocking LunarFang7 has completed a tough C-rank mission!HeavenShocking LunarFang7 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

I like the violence.

KG's bodyguard
Silver is my best friend

HeavenShocking LunarFang7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:31 AM   #30
S-dOg21
Apprentice Genin

S-dOg21 has been known to deface Sannin monuments in the past.

Big....Gravity....Defying....Boobs

PS3 ID: S-dOg21
Food of the month: Green eggs & Ham.
S-dOg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:33 AM   #31
NBT
Banned

NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubs4life View Post
Because it's better than EVERYTHING the U.S. has made cartoon wise.

Bugs Bunny>>>>>anime
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:03 AM   #32
Inoichi
Genin Elite

Inoichi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

people like animes because the charakters are more beautiful than in real life
Inoichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:22 PM   #33
NBT
Banned

NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubs4life View Post
I meant the stuff that's come out in the last 10 years.

Hi D4L

You should've said that.I know pretty much everything in recent years,not including Boondocks or Avatar,has been utter crap and only gets worse,but I really don't remember what's come out in that time.

Anyways,I like anime because of the stories,art,hot girls,and the fact that fiction(anime or not)>>>>>>>>reality.
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 01:11 PM   #34
Dream destroyer
Genin

Dream destroyer is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to Dream destroyer

Well, I like anime 'cause it's awesome, funny, entertaining, the characters (especially the hot guys), plot, the fighting/violence (i really like fighting and killing anime). I think that all.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:21 PM   #35
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I mostly like Anime because it's like a cartoon. I liked cartoons, and Anime and Cartoons go hand in hand. Pretty natural I guess.

I like the fighting or action and adventure anime the most, though. The romance ones are boring to me. It's basically a soap opera.

But Manga is better.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:11 PM   #36
nahla1996
Freshmen Academy Student

nahla1996 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

i like anime cuz it blows me away on how awesome the stories could be. i love paying attention to the art work and how each one is similar to or different from each other. i also think that its very fun and i always find myself wondering how the authors thought of the stories and the charaters. i love how it can get me emotional too. i sometimes start yelling at the screen or run to my dad while crying cuz somebody died in the episode. lol
nahla1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:19 PM   #37
puppetmasterpossession
Ginger Ale Disciple

puppetmasterpossession has a spectacular chakra aura going on.puppetmasterpossession has a spectacular chakra aura going on.puppetmasterpossession has a spectacular chakra aura going on.puppetmasterpossession has a spectacular chakra aura going on.puppetmasterpossession has a spectacular chakra aura going on.puppetmasterpossession has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

I like anime/manga because of the fighting in each one. I also like it because it has a bunch of different characters that all are different. AKA in Naruto, every ninja fights differently. This goes for bleach as well, everybody has a unique sword. This is also why I like Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, because you get to customize your character.

puppetmasterpossession is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime