Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Otaku Paradise

Otaku Paradise Wanna talk about anime related merchandise? Wanna brag about your collections? Wanna show yourself off in your cosplay outfit? Come one, come all!

Old 02-29-2012, 05:31 PM   #261
Otocon
Chunin Exam Participant

Location: Some where with Medlnic15 Enjoying our time together
Otocon saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via MSN to Otocon Send a message via Yahoo to Otocon
Default Re: Parents and manga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakropha View Post
My question? Completely indirect

Every time I hear my parents walk into this room, I close the window, why? Because my parents not so much hate Anime, in fact, they don't really give a crap, 2d is cartoon

Its just that they go nuts if I'm on a website they don't know... or they automatically...
assume I'm going to get a virus

I usually do... but thats why I'm so paranoid with what Naruto streams I watch, or sometimes if the youtube doesn't work, I wait another week until the Viz works.

Also, I'm not supposed to be on, because I have a !@#$ load of schoolwork to be doing.

Thats my problem, not theirs

As for friends, they really don't care, but I agree with them on the fullest when they say that UNS2 sucks... game became a piece of crap after the first...
UNS2 is not crap and the only person that do not hate it is my Grandpar but I dont know if he knows wat it is

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Otocon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:04 AM   #262
TheArtist
Freshmen Academy Student

TheArtist is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I don't know what my parents would think. They think I grew out of Naruto years ago, and I'm not going to tell them otherwise because they already think I'm a weirdo hahahaha. But they always used to pronounce it Neroohto...
TheArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #263
Souret
Special Jonin Candidate

Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Souret

My parents find me liking anime/manga really odd but they just leave me to it anyway

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Souret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:27 PM   #264
Rikudo-Sennin Kage
Genin Elite

Rikudo-Sennin Kage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Rikudo-Sennin Kage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Rikudo-Sennin Kage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Rikudo-Sennin Kage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Rikudo-Sennin Kage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Rikudo-Sennin Kage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Rikudo-Sennin Kage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Rikudo-Sennin Kage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral07 View Post
Do you think parents would understand you if you kept on buying naruto manga
It just depends on your parents.
|\......./|
| \...../ |
|(())(())|
||||||||||
\||||||||/
||9 9 9 9 9||
/|||||||||||||\
(Put this in your Sig if you like Sage of the Six Paths)
By Rikudo-Sennin Kage
Spoiler:
Favourite Characters: Naruto, Kakashi, Sasuke, All Kages and other Heroes such as Nagato and Itachi
Rikudo-Sennin Kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:37 PM   #265
Akatsuki_Fighter
Genin

Akatsuki_Fighter has completed a tough C-rank mission!Akatsuki_Fighter has completed a tough C-rank mission!Akatsuki_Fighter has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral07 View Post
Do you think parents would understand you if you kept on buying naruto manga
Yeah, why not? My mom watches Naruto with me too. My dad and stepmom, however, don't understand my interest in it. They accept my interest in it and do purchase it if it's on my gift lists, but despite my healthy lifestyle they still think it breeds either nerds or geeks (I dunno the diff; apparently there is one) and is weird or childish. They've never really looked into it or any other anime I like to have clear interpretations, but at least they accept it. If you haven't already, sit them down and talk about it. Doesn't have to be long or incredibly serious either. Maybe even suggest showing them an episode or 2 if you think it'll help. That said, hope I was helpful!

Edit: I see now the original post was 3 years ago. Sorry if I'm just adding useless notifications to a question that's already been answered lol

"Yuuta, I love how wide open you were."
-Rikka Takanashi

Last edited by Akatsuki_Fighter; 12-18-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Akatsuki_Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:55 AM   #266
Hakuren
Chunin Exam Participant

Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Ahaha, oh parents...

Back in the day when I was much younger, when I first bought my "Graphic Novel". My mother flipped out saying, "It got violence in it! That is not an actual reading book!". She was like that for the first couple of years then seemed to have calmed down some. She found it rather strange. My dad, frankly, didn't seem to mind too much of it.

My mother always pronounces it "Nuu-ru-toe". No matter how many times I try to help her pronounce it properly. She always goes back and says it that way. Even sometimes, she'd say Naruto crap (or the other with a foul mouth haha).

Some years back, my cousin sat them down (he understands my liking for it) and talked to them. It was like at their time when comics was new and lots of kids liked it, and their own parents even found it weird. However, my mother didn't really care for comics and my dad just didn't like reading in general so it took them some time to understand. My cousin's parents had that little obsession with old comics so they get a little idea. Except, now in this several generations. It's with anime and manga. Same difference. ^^
Hakuren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #267
NaraAkimichi
Academy Graduate

NaraAkimichi saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!NaraAkimichi saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via Skype™ to NaraAkimichi

Yeah, they would. I've been a fan for 5 years or so and they know what a big fan I am. They watch it with me at times.

"Sometimes I wish I was just a cloud, floating along."

"A smile can get you out of a tough situation, even if it is fake."

"True art is an explosion!"

NaraAkimichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:09 AM   #268
csluyuan
Freshmen Academy Student

csluyuan is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

my parents think its wierd and my mom calls it neyruutoe instead of naruto XD
csluyuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #269
sokochan
Freshmen Academy Student

sokochan saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

my mom buys Naruto manga for me sometimes, she knows that it's expensive though, so I have to buy most of it for myself, but when I do something really good at school {like get an award or something} my mom buys me a new book as a prezzie.

My mom just wants me to be happy, so I guess that she doesn't mind that I get Naruto, she's even watched some of the movies with me {not that she was paying attention to them or anytning} the only thing that I think she might disagree on is Naruko, but she knows that she wouldn't be able to stop me buying/reading Naruto anyway, so she would still let me get manga if I wanted it.
sokochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:29 PM   #270
narutogirl13
Special Jonin Candidate

narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Mine do, and they have been in the years I"ve been reading the manga, though there have been concerns that I haven't been reading any real books

1. Crair Uchiha
2. Ninja Pink
3. joon61
4. Ninyn
5. Souret
6. Shinagato
7. Rogue Uchiha18
8. Stormy_Uchiha
9. Shisko Shi
10. Gaara-Shukaku
11. The sage of the six paths
narutogirl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:59 PM   #271
Sir Michael
Sir Of The Forums

Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.
Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.

My Parents both like Naruto.

My mom, always calls Orochimaru "He-she"..

My dad even reads the Manga when it's released every week, except he can't read 628 and beyond since his HP Desktop crashed.

Sir Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:51 PM   #272
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
Aiding Kakashi, Yamato, & Iruka

Location: Konohagakure, with the people dearest to me. Aiding Kakashi on the battlefield and saving Yamato!
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

My parents only know of Kakashi, Yamato, and Iruka because the see my username and see their names. And my room is decorated with some merchandise of them.
Oh yeah. Mom thinks its a waste of money for me getting a bunch of manga. My dad prolly thinks that too. But he doesn't mind.

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
03-02, 13:09 The Immortal Watch Dog
You got Daph Rice, everyone got her
She's one of my psycho's
she's Cults banner girl
[1/7/2014 9:25:36 AM] Tuus Deus(CoP): I know Daph spends all her time staring at Kakashi pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality
Kakashi pretending to get stabbed by Obito because he's such a nice guy and doesn't want Obito to feel about about sucking so much
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality
I would just like you to know that I am awesome.
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
I disagree. The best way to get rep from Daph is to be me.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:49 PM   #273
ObitoUchiha
Special Jonin Candidate

ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

My dad: 'Get a job' 'Grow up'.

Ok, that made him sound harsh. My dad's a cool guy... 'Are there any other hobbies you'd like?' [Better]

My mom: "I'll read the books... sometime" "Maybe I'll watch some episodes" When we went to Epcot in Disneyworld, we checked out the Japan store. They had a good Naruto section, and I wanted a shirt. Right when I thought I had picked one my mom jumped and grabbed a Kakashi shirt. Heh. We both walked out with the same shirt.

Verdict: Both parents rock. My dad is more down-to-earth and such, and he's a great dad. He just doesn't exactly like the Japan stuff too much. My mom supports the Japanese stuff more. (She would watch Hamtaro when I was at school... heheh)

(^ ^)/)))
/_!_\ Hidan to Kakuzu: Draw me like one of your RICH girls...

Quote:
Wrinkles makes Obito tingle (#^.^#)
Official Co-leader of the Official
FC!

I'm a Christian and don't care what everyone else thinks about me. If you feel the same, copy and paste this into your signature
ObitoUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:22 PM   #274
Ninjamonkies
Chunin

Ninjamonkies has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ninjamonkies has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ninjamonkies has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ninjamonkies has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ninjamonkies has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ninjamonkies has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ninjamonkies has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

My parents dont mind it. They didnt understand it till i explained it to them like comic books, or some who builds cars for a hobby. Then they were all oh i see. Still dont care but they try to read it and watch the anime, as well as, different anime's. Makes things a little odd now but meh whatever.
Ninjamonkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:42 AM   #275
EternalSasuke
Sasuke Swag

EternalSasuke completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.EternalSasuke completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.EternalSasuke completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.EternalSasuke completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.EternalSasuke completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.EternalSasuke completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.EternalSasuke completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.EternalSasuke completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.EternalSasuke completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.EternalSasuke completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.EternalSasuke completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.EternalSasuke completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.EternalSasuke completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.EternalSasuke completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.EternalSasuke completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

My Mother doesn't seem to mind (even though one day, It will have to be shipped it all to the US )
She's even reading it so she can join in the philosophical discussions my siblings and I have about the series

Quote:
Mighty lord prissy boi.

co-leader
うちはサスケ
EternalSasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:02 AM   #276
Throw Rasen-Shuriken
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: Drifting through the cold walls, dancing in the subtle shadows, always never ending up anywhere...
Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Throw Rasen-Shuriken

Parent for me, since I only have my mother. Though..my siblings watch it too and they all play on computers now, even my mother. So she doesn't really care to be honest. She's been known to sit and watch some of the stuff that we watch. She's seen it and a few other things. So my family is all basically okay with it. Since they all watch bits and pieces of sci-fi and anime plus all play games.

BF:

Spoiler:

Throw Rasen-Shuriken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:26 PM   #277
Hidan of the Mist
Special Jonin Candidate

Hidan of the Mist has completed a tough C-rank mission!Hidan of the Mist has completed a tough C-rank mission!

They understand Ninjas and soul protectors are my new "Super-hero". Comics boring manga awsome
Old 11-24-2013, 06:43 PM   #278
EternalSasuke
Sasuke Swag

EternalSasuke completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.EternalSasuke completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.EternalSasuke completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.EternalSasuke completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.EternalSasuke completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.EternalSasuke completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.EternalSasuke completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.EternalSasuke completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.EternalSasuke completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.EternalSasuke completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.EternalSasuke completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.EternalSasuke completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.EternalSasuke completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.EternalSasuke completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.EternalSasuke completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

So my Mom is reading Naruto, and she was reading the battle on the bridge
Spoiler:
(when Haku and Zabuza die)
and she was in tears by the end.

Quote:
Mighty lord prissy boi.

co-leader
うちはサスケ
EternalSasuke is offline   Reply With Quote