Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Omniverse

Omniverse Anything goes in this forum. Any multiverse, any singleverse, any fight. Just know in advance that Kakashi can't beat Superman.

View Poll Results: Who would win?
Samurai 2 66.67%
Rajput 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-24-2013, 07:08 AM   #1
Ninja of Cao
Banned

Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Yahoo to Ninja of Cao
Default Samurai vs Rajput

Two of the finest warriors in Asia face each other in single combat; a Japanese honor-bound warrior who excel at the sword as well as the bow, and an Indian elite fighter who has made killing a beautiful art. Who would win in a duel to the death?
Spoiler:

Preparation: 5 minutes
Knowledge: None
Starting distance: 15 m

Statistics Samurai Rajput
Years active: 905-1877 500-1758
Mounted: Yes No
Gear weight: 31 kg 15.5 kg
Armor: Do-maru Brigandine
Shield: None Dhal shield
Close range: Katana Khanda
Mid range: Kanabo Aara
Long range: Yumi Chakram

My own conclusion:
Spoiler:
I am divided on this because the katana, as a slashing weapon, is useless against the Rajput's mix of leather and chain mail, and the Rajput can defend himself with a shield. However, the kanabo is definitely a better weapon than the Aara and will easily crush the Rajput's bones with a single strike, and naturally the longbow is superior to a thrown weapon (at least at long range). The samurai will, however, have less accuracy with the bow unless he dismounts before battle, and he cannot move as quickly as his adversary. Can the Khanda cut through samurai armor? I am not certain, but I still think that the Khanda is better than the katana in this battle. I am going to abstain from voting for a while, to see what other people think.
Ninja of Cao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:16 AM   #2
Raiden
Special Jonin Candidate

Raiden just might be Kage someday.
Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Samurai vs Rajput

Gee, I guess the Horse is a stupid animal known for not trampling people with it's heavy hooves.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

What you lookin at? You all a bunch of bleep. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your bleep fingers and say, "That's the bad guy" So what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy!
Raiden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:19 AM   #3
Ninja of Cao
Banned

Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Gee, I guess the Horse is a stupid animal known for not trampling people with it's heavy hooves.
Your post confuses me
Who do you believe would win the duel?
Old 07-24-2013, 07:23 AM   #4
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK
Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK

Awards Showcase

/inb4 animez ''SAMURAI CUTS AN ISLAND I HALF WITH HIS KATANA ROOOOAR!'' wank
''Samurai winz cuz I luv anime!''

I call Rajput, for being less wanky thank a samurai.

Last edited by Maruko; 07-24-2013 at 07:34 AM.
Maruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:38 AM   #5
Raiden
Special Jonin Candidate

Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

I just think the horse gives the Samurai an unfair advantage in a one on one fight.

What you lookin at? You all a bunch of bleep. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your bleep fingers and say, "That's the bad guy" So what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy!
Old 07-24-2013, 07:39 AM   #6
Ninja of Cao
Banned

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I just think the horse gives the Samurai an unfair advantage in a one on one fight.
Not necessarily. A Chakram will easily slash through a horse's neck and if the Rajput dances around with the Aara, the horse will most likely only be in the way.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:41 AM   #7
Raiden
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Right, because a Chakram is known to snipe people.

Old 07-24-2013, 07:42 AM   #8
Ninja of Cao
Banned

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Right, because a Chakram is known to snipe people.
I wouldnt say "snipe", but it is surprisingly accurate and powerful in a Rajput's hands.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:43 AM   #9
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

/wank
Samurai fills him with arrows while being mounted.
Maruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:12 AM   #10
Raiden
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Without the horse and face to face, The Samurai is going to lose. But the gift horse can do many things.

Old 07-24-2013, 06:33 PM   #11
setsun
Special Jonin Candidate

setsun just might be Kage someday.
setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.

The horse is a major boon here. With that the rajput is going to have trouble getting close since samurai archers are some of the best.

However if the samurai dismounts or is forced off the horse then he's basically screwed since he can't do anything to the armor with any thing but the kanabo which is very heavy and the samurai has incredibly inferior armor
setsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #12
Jmalenko
Special Jonin Candidate

Jmalenko has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Jmalenko has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Jmalenko has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Jmalenko has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Jmalenko has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Jmalenko has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja of Cao View Post
Two of the finest warriors in Asia face each other in single combat; a Japanese honor-bound warrior who excel at the sword as well as the bow, and an Indian elite fighter who has made killing a beautiful art. Who would win in a duel to the death?
Spoiler:

Preparation: 5 minutes
Knowledge: None
Starting distance: 15 m

Statistics Samurai Rajput
Years active: 905-1877 500-1758
Mounted: Yes No
Gear weight: 31 kg 15.5 kg
Armor: Do-maru Brigandine
Shield: None Dhal shield
Close range: Katana Khanda
Mid range: Kanabo Aara
Long range: Yumi Chakram

My own conclusion:
Spoiler:
I am divided on this because the katana, as a slashing weapon, is useless against the Rajput's mix of leather and chain mail, and the Rajput can defend himself with a shield. However, the kanabo is definitely a better weapon than the Aara and will easily crush the Rajput's bones with a single strike, and naturally the longbow is superior to a thrown weapon (at least at long range). The samurai will, however, have less accuracy with the bow unless he dismounts before battle, and he cannot move as quickly as his adversary. Can the Khanda cut through samurai armor? I am not certain, but I still think that the Khanda is better than the katana in this battle. I am going to abstain from voting for a while, to see what other people think.
The Samurai has the Kill or Be Killed ethos like the Spartans. Rajput's defended there land from anybody who invaded there land.
Yumi/Chakram are effective for said warrior. Yumi bow can be learned through a type of martial arts then can make you have a laser like accuracy while the Chakram you throw it where you want it.
The Aara Whip Sword isn't really that effective unless your aiming for like say the neck and it takes a lot of energy to swing it around with enough force,while the Kanabo does require energy too, even blunt force impacts hurt and kill.
Katana's are well known no matter what or who ya are and the Khanda's are a bit heavier and more forceful.

I'd say the Samurai would win cause if they can be pinpoint accurate with all there weapons and catch the Rajput off-guard up close, quickdraw strikes tend to be it. But this is all my opinion so yeah I vote Samurai.

"Take care of the people that matter in your life...or not." Amanda Waller from Justice League Unlimited

Shayd is my sensei....what can i say and now im apart of her pack.

"People May Come and Go,They Live and They Die,But A True Friend is Forever."Raven from Twisted Metal:Black
Jmalenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:52 PM   #13
setsun
Special Jonin Candidate

setsun just might be Kage someday.
setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.

^not saying your wrong but the. Main reason the samurai wins is because of the horse and bow. If they both started on foot it could easily be very different especially since the rajput has a superior sword
setsun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
india, japan, rajput, samurai