Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Old 08-17-2009, 04:03 PM   #1
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Toma RNK completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Default Official Infraction Appeal thread.

This is where you may appeal an infraction.

Here is the thing. This thread is only for the massively unjust ones. Most infractions expire,so just wait them out, but if you MUST complain and want it reversed post here.

Here is the CATCH. If you complain here and after review, it is decided you WERE in the wrong and the infraction stands, you will be given a PERMANENT 4 POINT INFRACTION for wasting the mods time. Seriously this is a bad thing, so be sure you are willing to risk it.

Also all posts not relevant in this thread MAY BE GIVEN A 1 POINT INFRACTION. DON'T POST HERE UNLESS YOU WANT AN INFRACTION REVERSED.

Requests must follow this format.

First line must say "I read the first post in it's entirety. acb90210"
Second line must say "I was infracted by <username> on <date>"
I will contact you about the details.

Failure to do this will result in bad things, like me ignoring you, or giving you an infraction.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

May 18th 2009: PM Hell... never forget.
Best post ever!

Always remember

Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from evil.

Last edited by Toma RNK; 10-09-2011 at 08:57 PM. Reason: changing line 2
Toma RNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:00 AM   #2
itachi/madara
Special Jonin Candidate

itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.
itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.
Send a message via Skype™ to itachi/madara
Default Re: Official Infraction Appeal thread.

i dont understand the first line "I read the first post in it's entirety. abc12321"
i dun get it

itachi/madara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:38 AM   #3
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi/madara View Post
i dont understand the first line "I read the first post in it's entirety. abc12321"
i dun get it
It lets me know if someone actually read the first post.

Best post ever!

Always remember

Old 08-28-2009, 01:42 AM   #4
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackChidori View Post
Seriously though? None yet?
Quote:
i dun get it
Consider this a warning to the two of you, next time I infract. Infraction reversals only.

Best post ever!

Always remember

Old 09-12-2009, 10:38 AM   #5
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
this has nothing to do with the subject, but realy TOMA u must answer my PM that i sent u its very important to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From orginal post:

Quote:
Also all posts not relevant in this thread MAY BE GIVEN A 1 POINT INFRACTION.
Infraction given.

Second, I have no pm from you in my inbox.

Edit: Also I JUST warned 2 other people about this. In this thread before you posted.

Come on man.

Best post ever!

Always remember

Last edited by Toma RNK; 09-12-2009 at 10:41 AM.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:09 AM   #6
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

And to the guy who downreped me for doing what I said I would, you people are the reason for bad feelings and drama on these forums.

I am just doing a job for the mods, and really don't need downreps for doing as I am asked. Also I dislike it when people don't say who they are or offer constructive criticism when they downrep me. I sent you a PM about this but felt it should be said here too.

Best post ever!

Always remember

Old 09-12-2009, 11:56 AM   #7
Grind Pantera
Apprentice Genin

Grind Pantera is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

You can infract me if you want, but it is a BAD policy to handle rep appeals on the public forum.

Thats what PM's are for. I'm a member on probably 20 other forums like this, and this is the most unprofessional way to handle infractions I've ever seen. The sad thing is, this is probably the most professional forum I've been on. The rules to it are ridiculous "If we decide you wasted our time, we give you permanent infraction" I've seen forums ran by 13-15 year olds that had better rules than this.

Nothing good can come of this thread. All it will be is "I didnt do it" then someone else will come in "yes you did" blah blah blah
Grind Pantera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 02:22 PM   #8
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Pantera View Post
You can infract me if you want, but it is a BAD policy to handle rep appeals on the public forum.

Thats what PM's are for. I'm a member on probably 20 other forums like this, and this is the most unprofessional way to handle infractions I've ever seen. The sad thing is, this is probably the most professional forum I've been on. The rules to it are ridiculous "If we decide you wasted our time, we give you permanent infraction" I've seen forums ran by 13-15 year olds that had better rules than this.

Nothing good can come of this thread. All it will be is "I didnt do it" then someone else will come in "yes you did" blah blah blah
The point here is to simply bring the infraction to my and others attention. Details will be handled in PM.

Edit and a further point. Infractions expire (most all of them) so coming here is usually not really all that important unless you are arguing o principal. The infraction penalty cuts down on the massive influx of complaints and people appealing ust cause they can. And in the instance of a close call or valid points/arguments, the penalty infraction does not need to be enforced.

If you would like to continue this discusson please make a new topic and I will be glad to respod when I wake up.

Best post ever!

Always remember

Last edited by Toma RNK; 09-12-2009 at 03:19 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:18 PM   #9
Grind Pantera
Apprentice Genin

Grind Pantera is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toma RNK View Post
The point here is to simply bring the infraction to my and others attention. Details will be handled in PM.
Why not just completely handle it in PM? That would be a better method. Im sure like some of the forums I have moderated on, you guys have your own board that's only visible to moderators and administrators. And I assume that this forum also sends out a message when the infraction is implemented, just allow them to challenge it in a response.
Grind Pantera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 03:22 PM   #10
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Pantera View Post
Why not just completely handle it in PM? That would be a better method. Im sure like some of the forums I have moderated on, you guys have your own board that's only visible to moderators and administrators. And I assume that this forum also sends out a message when the infraction is implemented, just allow them to challenge it in a response.

There are 3 reasons for this, none of which I believe I am at liberty to discuss. But for now I think this will be a "lets see if the current way is broken, then adapt your suggestions if there is a need for it" situation.

Best post ever!

Always remember

Old 10-12-2009, 06:36 PM   #11
Hidan of the Mist
Special Jonin Candidate

Hidan of the Mist has completed a tough C-rank mission!Hidan of the Mist has completed a tough C-rank mission!

so whats the longest u can get banned without getting banned forever ?>
Old 10-12-2009, 06:39 PM   #12
Naruto321
Super-Duper Mod

Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Naruto321 Send a message via Skype™ to Naruto321

Well, I am guessing when you get 4-6 infractions, you get a temp ban. Which the Admins or the Mods who has banning powers can ban you for a period of time.

Naruto321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:08 PM   #13
Kon
...wants a different title?
Formerly Naruto/Fan Boy

Kon has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kon has completed a tough C-rank mission!

all i said was why was i downrepped i was asking ppl a reason why because they didnt state one and i got an infraction for it whats the reasoning for that
Kon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:16 PM   #14
Naruto321
Super-Duper Mod

Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Really, I do not know. Did you do something wrong?

Old 10-21-2009, 02:18 PM   #15
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto/Fan Boy View Post
all i said was why was i downrepped i was asking ppl a reason why because they didnt state one and i got an infraction for it whats the reasoning for that
1: You failed to read the first post and follow the guidelines. Permanant 1 point infraction as promised in the first post.

2: You were pmed with the reasoning for your infraction.

You were posting about your downreps in several threads, which is frowned upon. So someone gave you a 1 point infraction to let you know not to do that.

Best post ever!

Always remember

Old 10-21-2009, 02:18 PM   #16
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto321 View Post
Really, I do not know. Did you do something wrong?

And a permanent 1 pointer for you as well. Read the first post.

Best post ever!

Always remember

Old 11-11-2009, 03:26 PM   #17
itachi/madara
Special Jonin Candidate

itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.

i read the first post in its entirety /\itachi/madara/\
i was infracted by sage mode on 10-29-2009

my reasons____

it was for my sig, but around like 40 mins earlyer you gave me a warning
i was offline, i thought that the warning would make me take it off and that would be it, but i got infracted instead a little while later
what would be the point of a warning if i get infracted anyways?

Old 11-11-2009, 03:35 PM   #18
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

Quote:
i read the first post in its entirety /\itachi/madara/\
i was infracted by sage mode on 10-29-2009

my reasons____

it was for my sig, but around like 40 mins earlyer you gave me a warning
i was offline, i thought that the warning would make me take it off and that would be it, but i got infracted instead a little while later
what would be the point of a warning if i get infracted anyways?

Sage is higher on the food chain than I am, and felt that your sig was so blatantly in violation that a warning was not appropriate. I don't reverse decisions by the boys in green, however my warning was in error and will be reversed. You will not be given a permanant infraction for this review.

No further appeal to me will work, it's between you and sage mode.

Best post ever!

Always remember

Old 11-11-2009, 03:35 PM   #19
Naruto321
Super-Duper Mod

Awards Showcase

I read the first post in it's entirety. Naruto321
I was infracted by Aurega on
11-11-2009 12:31 AM

Explaination-

I understand that the infractions I received about spamming and everything. I was in the ANBU Help Topic and this user was asking "What if I wanted to be banned for like a day?" And then I asked that user "Why would you be banned in the first place?" And that question is appointed to the question that user was asking. And I wanted to know why would that user want to be be banned.

Old 11-11-2009, 03:35 PM   #20
itachi/madara
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toma RNK View Post
Sage is higher on the food chain than I am, and felt that your sig was so blatantly in violation that a warning was not appropriate. I don't reverse decisions by the boys in green, however my warning was in error and will be reversed. You will not be given a permanant infraction for this review.

No further appeal to me will work, it's between you and sage mode.
thanks