Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:49 AM   #41
ihazcetsup
Apprentice Genin

ihazcetsup is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: TIME TRAVEL!!!! Yeah, I went there!

Also, if time travel were possible I hope you aren't planning on appearing back in time in the same place on earth that your travelled from... One thousand years ago (just a random number) the earth did not occupy this exact spot...
ihazcetsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:50 AM   #42
EdFry
Chunin

EdFry is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cade View Post
the other thing he said was that there are theoretical arguments over time travel that say if someone were to invent a backward time travel device then they could only use it to travel back as far as the instant it was first switched on, so invent one this year and you can only travel back as far as 2008. this would answer the time travellers from the future argument, as theyd only ever to be able to go back as far as to the time they first invented backward time travel.

the other thing i recently read was that two russian mathematicians have recently proposed theoretical arguments that may predict backward time travel in sub-atomic particles seen in the new LHC collider thats planned to be switched on this year, so stick around for that.

but in principle no one yet knows whether backward time travels possible - not even steven hawking...
But in theory even if you couldn't go back further than the time 'time travel' was invented(backwards that is. Who is to say what would happen should someone from the future go back and kill someone in the past. Wouldn't that drastically change the future traveler's future. Isn't it possible that traveling back to the past could completely upset the balance of the future?

I eagerly await the collider's findings.

Treat the mods with respect, never mistreat an admin. Keep it clean, have some fun, treat others how you want to be treated.

Spoiler:
Have fun with life, it'll be gone before you know it and you only get one shot!
EdFry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:52 AM   #43
ihazcetsup
Apprentice Genin

It could drastically change things, but killing most people would have no more effect then stepping on a roach. Only the ones that really push through changes dieing prematurely would have an impact of any noticeale amount.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:52 AM   #44
Chromekatana
Veteran Chunin

Chromekatana is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihazcetsup View Post
Also, if time travel were possible I hope you aren't planning on appearing back in time in the same place on earth that your travelled from... One thousand years ago (just a random number) the earth did not occupy this exact spot...
YOu would have to either-

A) Build a space machine for outerspace or
B) Do the simple thing, and build a localized field which would would put you back on the same spot on the Earth.
Chromekatana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:54 AM   #45
ihazcetsup
Apprentice Genin

A localized field? with space in constant motion such a thing would still not be in the same place at to seperate points in time.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:54 AM   #46
Cade
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: In a world of poverty, violence,sex,drugs,wars,arguements and racisim.Basically the U.S.A
Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
It is true that moving objects slow down and so appear to experience time slower, but this is not travelling through time. This is just experienceing it at a different rate.
You may be right.We are probably traveling in time right now,but not through time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:55 AM   #47
EdFry
Chunin

Quote:
It could drastically change things, but killing most people would have no more effect then stepping on a roach. Only the ones that really push through changes dieing prematurely would have an impact of any noticeale amount.
I should have been more thorough about that, I meant a world leader or possible a relative of some important figure from the "future". You know like SkyNet stuff...

Treat the mods with respect, never mistreat an admin. Keep it clean, have some fun, treat others how you want to be treated.

Spoiler:
Old 08-13-2009, 01:57 AM   #48
CrimsonCatClan
Apprentice Genin

CrimsonCatClan is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

LOL ok but if there is a time machine... wouldn't you think scientists would put a self guiding system in to adjust where it appeared? They can mathmatically know how much the earth has shifted and correct things.
CrimsonCatClan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:00 AM   #49
ihazcetsup
Apprentice Genin

This is true, with regard to position relative to the earth, but the whole space expanding thing at relativeistic velocities makes that kind of targeting a bit more than difficult.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:01 AM   #50
Cade
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: In a world of poverty, violence,sex,drugs,wars,arguements and racisim.Basically the U.S.A
Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Einstein published his Theory of General Relativity in 1915 but it was not until the late nineteen forties that, the Austrian mathematician, Kurt Godel found a time travel possibility within a solution to some relativistic equations. He found, that if the universe is rotating then time travel in both directions should be possible. By both directions, I mean, into the past and back or into the future and back. Alas, recent observational work used to study the cosmic back-ground radiation has indicated that the universe has not rotated significantly since its creation. Hence, time travel into the past would appear to be impossible.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:14 AM   #51
EdFry
Chunin

But wouldn't traveling into the future change some one in the future's past. Because time was created by Man(Human to be exact) as was God would you also not think that it would be possible to destroy/change it too. I don't know where I am going anymore this thread got my head hurting then I stumbled into the 2+2=5 so I am really fried. People PM me your religious arguments on why time travel is bad, I am intrigued. Night everybody.

Spoiler:
Old 08-13-2009, 02:16 AM   #52
CrimsonCatClan
Apprentice Genin

CrimsonCatClan is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I guess you could move through time by using a device that functions off of the quantem Flux theory and have your physical body and energy displaced to a past point. There would be no return to the "Present" if this occured, though.
CrimsonCatClan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:00 AM   #53
Err
Special Jonin Candidate

Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Yes! Watch these:

To further the point, we are a social species because we are interdependent. You could count on your hand how many people in a millennium can get by with absolutely no help from anyone else ever. Yet we never work together. That's why ants will eventually bring us down.
Err is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:12 AM   #54
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Its a simple minded fact that its not possible.

If Time Travelling would be possible we would have met time travellers already.There is a near unlimited amount of years ahead of us and if time travel ever came possible it would have happened.

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:24 AM   #55
ihazcetsup
Apprentice Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Valentine View Post

If Time Travelling would be possible we would have met time travellers already.There is a near unlimited amount of years ahead of us and if time travel ever came possible it would have happened.

The absense of proof is not the proof of absense.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:59 AM   #56
jukeboxed
Chunin Exam Participant

jukeboxed is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

How would time travel be of any practical use to the human race? That's would I would like to know.
New Jersey. We hate you, too.
Draw a circle there's the earth!
Draw a circle there's the earth!
Draw a circle there's the earth, My name is jukeboxed!
jukeboxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:55 PM   #57
Chromekatana
Veteran Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekatana View Post
YOu would have to either-

A) Build a space machine for outerspace or
B) Do the simple thing, and build a localized field which would would put you back on the same spot on the Earth.

Whoever gave me bad rep for saying this sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Valentine View Post

Maybe someone built the time machine and and lost his memory on the way back in time? Maybe we have seen time traverlers but we don't know that they are.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:01 PM   #58
jounin
Special Jonin Candidate

jounin has a dark heart coursing with Dark Chakra
Send a message via MSN to jounin

if time travel happends, it would be bad because people would change the past and many people could die.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:29 PM   #59
Chromekatana
Veteran Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jounin View Post
if time travel happends, it would be bad because people would change the past and many people could die.
Its not like every single person would have a time machine. Plus, thats just one of the theorys of time travel. Just like time can't be changed. If time can't change,then that means if you did something in the past, then that happened all along without you knowing about it.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:53 PM   #60
itachiuchiha85
Jonin

itachiuchiha85 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I believe that we already have travelers. The ufo's that appear every now and then, i believe that they are travelers from the future. I wrote about this, i am gonna post it see who reads it hehehe

In various accounts of history and throughout the present world we have enormous amount of people witnessing or saying they witnessed a paranormal being in the sky. Many of these events have been recorded with video cameras, some just jotted down on newspapers with nothing more than the witness word to back it up and there are instances that they have been put into paintings.

But the one that really caught my attention was the writings on the "oldest book ever written". Yes the bible and its apostles. If u have ever read the bible before look for the Ezekiel, Elijah and Moses. In some part of there writings they all mention of coming in contact with "God" it always comes from the sky, there is always fire, clouds of smoke, and they are always descending from their "chariots" and very importantly they are instructed to come alone to greet "God". Why? Well easily explained. It comes down that they did not meet God. They met someone, something or some being. But not God. How do i know this? Well you need to read those texts so that you can understand it, but ill try to give a little summary.

Elijah was sent to the heavens by a beam of light never to bee seen again, until he appeared to Jesus with "God"'s word. Moses parted the red sea, travel for forty years while following a dark object at day and the same object at night but it gave them light to follow, and he was taken to the heavens never to be seeing again until he appeared to Jesus. Ezekiel witnessed beings from the sky that came and talked to him and gave him the word of "God"

Mmmm doesn't their accounts sound like what we hear from recent ufo abductions? Of course a few different words. Different but it is still the same. Let me enlighten you:

Elijah was a religious man that was taken to the heavens by a shining light, of the reports of abductions by UFO there is lights from the sky shining over the person then they are abducted, when they returned they describe their experience as being with some aliens that experimented or showed them some new technology or some words of wisdom; back in BC to a religious and very ignorant man a UFO could be easily described as "God" It is something out of this world, different and unexplainable with words in that time. There was no technology like today, people were very ignorant and insecure, for crying out loud the world was flat in those days!

Moses was instructed by a light to take "God"'s people away from Egypt, again a light. He marched them and when they were gonna be chased down and enslaved again, he is instructed by the being to spread his arms as if to part something, the Red Sea. Now have u ever seen videos of planes flying too low to water ? what do they do? they part the water. Not a sea or an ocean could be parted by any plane we know today, but let a plane pass over a small not too deep puddle of water, I'm pretty sure it will part it. Maybe a UFO with its more potent engines or whatever "they" call it can part a sea, just like our planes would part a puddle. Now Moses was following a dark object a day, kinda shiny and had light at night.... doesn't that sound like a plane? but in BC there was no planes! hence a UFO.

Ezekiel described his encountered as "angels" came from above and enlighten him. Angels? we have seen UFOs, have reported them all over the world, but when has an angel ever been spotted or seen? NEVER. So he must have seen a UFO, right?

WRONG.

I find hard to believe that "beings" from other planets or galaxies travel aeons just to come to our little blue planet and let us watch them or talk to a few and take some with them. its preposterous! Think about it, would we go to a place with less technology and knowledge just to study or see the "things"? No we wouldn't, "But sir, we do that with our animal kingdom!" true, but we don't go to another planet with intelligent life and just watch them, animals are animals, the things they learn are because of us. If they were like us, like when Spain invaded the Aztecs, they didn't just went and took their gold and left, no they figured out they could use them and they did, they just didn't parade the Santa Maria, La Nina, and La Pinta on the ocean so the native Americans could see them. Why would aliens do that? They would not, because they do not exist. U know what the UFOs in the sky are? They are persons from the future. Yes even harder to believe, at first. We have invented millions of things, we have mastered light and fuel and war resources. We went from rock to lasers in a pretty small periodically time. What makes u believe that in the future there is not one person that hasn't invented the time machine? "But why would the future want to go and mess around with the past?" Easy, to keep us in check. What if "God" was a person from the future that knew that the future was gonna be destroyed and wanted to keep people in check with a false truth? Hence religion. What if every person that has ever left a print on earth was affected by a person of the future, for example Einstein said that before he was born he could remember talking with a being from a different era and place, he said he got some "pointers" from the person, later on in life he said it might have been a dream but he saw the same being and he got "enlighten". Enlighten, just like the bible persons. To me it's easier to fathom with a future person checking on us and keeping us in check than alien beings just cruising through our neighborhood. I wanna say that maybe in the future classes get so advance that a History class will actually travel back into History and let the students witness exactly how it was and not just read it from a book, that would be awesome! But then having a future person coming and checking up on us makes me wonder, what if the "future" person is not here to keep us in check for a good reason, but for their own benefits.......

edit: all this is copyrighted by the author. me
"**** him.Don't act towards stupidity" ninetaled
Raibu Clan
Leader.
Yuushi

Forum's bitchy person:TBC
naruto(lifeakadeath) relation jiraiya(iou)
have you gotten an award?! check

itachiuchiha85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
time travel