Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:01 PM   #1
Dreamer72
Academy Graduate

Dreamer72 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to Dreamer72
Default Debate. Other Life forms?

Does anyone believe in other life forms like Aliens or something of that matter?

Tell me your thoughts and ideas towards this Debate.
Are there life forms other than humans? Or are humans the only ones?

I believe that there are other Life forms.
If the Outerspace is so Big, shouldn't there be more life out there?

Thoughts and Ideas
Tell Your Friends About The Debate.

Let's See What Everyone Thinks!
Let the Debate begin!

ONLY 1 THING! LEAVE A REASON WITH YOUR ANSWER!
Dreamer72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:11 PM   #2
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

SRhyse just might be Kage someday.
SRhyse just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Debate. Other Life forms?

Sure, but it likely won't look or act like us in the least. I think the idea that if there is other life out there it'd want to be our friend, or have social systems and such, is more hilarious than the way people tend to draw it .

It'd probably be alot smaller too, more on the microbe level, as that's alot more suited to survive.
My dog Elly FTW:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
. Thanks for wanting to help though!
SRhyse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:28 PM   #3
Dreamer72
Academy Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRhyse View Post
Sure, but it likely won't look or act like us in the least. I think the idea that if there is other life out there it'd want to be our friend, or have social systems and such, is more hilarious than the way people tend to draw it .

It'd probably be alot smaller too, more on the microbe level, as that's alot more suited to survive.
Good point
Old 08-12-2009, 03:33 PM   #4
EdFry
Chunin

EdFry is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Are you talking about conscience bound thinking life forms with a purpose, because I am almost certain there is bacteria floating around in space and probably plants and maybe even unknown things that have adapted to there environment. As far as a living breathing Human being, well I don't know. I remember a friend of mine saying once "We can breath in space, they just don't want us to leave" I don't know if that is from something but it sounds interesting. The thought that we may have either been put here or certain people regularly go out there.

Treat the mods with respect, never mistreat an admin. Keep it clean, have some fun, treat others how you want to be treated.

Spoiler:
Have fun with life, it'll be gone before you know it and you only get one shot!
EdFry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:39 PM   #5
Dreamer72
Academy Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFry View Post
Are you talking about conscience bound thinking life forms with a purpose, because I am almost certain there is bacteria floating around in space and probably plants and maybe even unknown things that have adapted to there environment. As far as a living breathing Human being, well I don't know. I remember a friend of mine saying once "We can breath in space, they just don't want us to leave" I don't know if that is from something but it sounds interesting. The thought that we may have either been put here or certain people regularly go out there.

Anything that can live in space really. and that is an interesting saying.
and too you good point.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:57 PM   #6
Sabra Kusabana
Veteran Chunin

Sabra Kusabana is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Sabra Kusabana

This for me is a case of there is no evidence to prove or disprove.

Personally I think believeing that the earth is the only planet housing life on it is a bit arrogant, and I support the theory that there is more life out there. I may be wrong, but to think that the vastness of the universe exist with just ours as the only planet with such beings on it just goes against the grain for me. It doesn't make sense even if you try to calculate the possiblity of it the numbers say that at some point there would have had to have been enough things fall into place for life again.
Sabra Kusabana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:20 PM   #7
Cupcake
Veteran Chunin
Formerly and Forever Apa

Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

I believe that bacteria and microbes and stuff exist but not things capable of individual thoughts.

I think that since there's the theory that the earth was created by a meteor(or comet/ whatever) crashed into the earth and put it in the exact distance from the sun to sustain life that it wouldn't be very likely that the same exact think happened somewhere else. But I don't really know. I'm only 13. I know nothing. Anything is possible I guess...

All I want are the brains of Gwen Stacy....

....with the body of Mary Jane
Cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:30 PM   #8
CrimsonCatClan
Apprentice Genin

CrimsonCatClan is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

"There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy..." --Shakespeare

I believe that there are other intelligent lifeforms out amongst the stars. I don't think that, if they have the tech, they would contact people on this planet. We are still very barbaric! I think that if they have the capability they would watch us...kind of like a bug under a microscope. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe that we need to wrap our heads in aluminum foil just yet!
CrimsonCatClan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:32 PM   #9
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Yes. I know my cat exists.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:33 PM   #10
Cupcake
Veteran Chunin
Formerly and Forever Apa

Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonCatClan View Post
"There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy..." --Shakespeare

I believe that there are other intelligent lifeforms out amongst the stars. I don't think that, if they have the tech, they would contact people on this planet. We are still very barbaric! I think that if they have the capability they would watch us...kind of like a bug under a microscope. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe that we need to wrap our heads in aluminum foil just yet!
People always assume that aliens would be more advanced than us. What if they just happened to be more barbaric than we are?(just a theory.)

All I want are the brains of Gwen Stacy....

....with the body of Mary Jane
Cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:42 PM   #11
Densetsu_no_D
Genin Elite

Densetsu_no_D is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to Densetsu_no_D Send a message via Yahoo to Densetsu_no_D

I definitely believe there is life beyond our planet...I'm sure somewhere out there life has just began on countless planets. In that same breath life is ending on others. We may not find out in our lifetimes but I believe. I remember reading somewhere, there are more stars in the universe then there are grains of sand on earth......think about that....
Old 08-12-2009, 11:44 PM   #12
CrimsonCatClan
Apprentice Genin

I am sure that there are varying degrees of civilization out there. I would think that there would be a species that would parallel our own or surpass it in barbarism. I just don't believe that any intelligent being, looking down at our planet, would want to come and visit! It would take a certain amount of social unity, that we have not achieved, o get so far in the universe.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:46 PM   #13
itachi/madara
Special Jonin Candidate

itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.
itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.
Send a message via Skype™ to itachi/madara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamabunta View Post
Yes. I know my cat exists.
repped........i love the answerv

itachi/madara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:34 AM   #14
Sabra Kusabana
Veteran Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonCatClan View Post
I am sure that there are varying degrees of civilization out there. I would think that there would be a species that would parallel our own or surpass it in barbarism. I just don't believe that any intelligent being, looking down at our planet, would want to come and visit! It would take a certain amount of social unity, that we have not achieved, o get so far in the universe.
Ah, come now, they might want to visit, they just wouldn't want to live here! After all if nothing else they might try out the livestock.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:36 AM   #15
CrimsonCatClan
Apprentice Genin

Yes, that would be pleasent. Hello we have come to visit you pl (Bang!! Splat!)
Old 08-13-2009, 12:47 AM   #16
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer72 View Post
Does anyone believe in other life forms like Aliens or something of that matter?

Tell me your thoughts and ideas towards this Debate.
Are there life forms other than humans? Or are humans the only ones?

I believe that there are other Life forms.
If the Outerspace is so Big, shouldn't there be more life out there?

Thoughts and Ideas
Tell Your Friends About The Debate.

Let's See What Everyone Thinks!
Let the Debate begin!

ONLY 1 THING! LEAVE A REASON WITH YOUR ANSWER!
There are definetely other lifeforms on other planets.
People dont just dont believe in them cause they see these lifeforms as the typical Alien so in something like a Human appearance cause TV and other forms of Media or the such pretty much made us Humans believe that looks of them.

It's almost provable there is.
There are I dunno thousands if not millions of Planets excluding some undiscovered ones.At least one of them has to have some sort of life on them cause I find it hard to believe that out of all these Planets only our Earth has life on it.
They are most likely as Srhyse said though.
There is a possibility that some may be human like but that chance is rather low.

Or infact who knows?Maybe one a Planets so far away we cant even imagine it, there is a lifeform as advanced as us thinking the exact same thing.

But most likely if there would be Humanity will most likely never find out considering the astonishing distance between each planet.
Mars might be the last stop indeed cause I cant imagine how People wanna fly to Venus (for example) in a rocket.

So we will never find out.

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:50 AM   #17
CrimsonCatClan
Apprentice Genin

Humans will have to delelope their technology a monumental deal to reach the far corners of space.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:58 AM   #18
Rogue Priestess
Special Jonin Candidate

Rogue Priestess is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Aliens do exist, we're the real aliens. The extra terrestrials put us here because they wanted to see if they can find out how they were created and right about when they gave up on us, we started to gain intelligence. That's why aliens have started to take interest in us.
I'm the original antagonist of the forums, the first to create an organization of rogues, possibly the person who's had the most names ever on the forum. I have left and now I'm back, why not have a welcome back party? For I shall cause more chaos once more...

Rogue Priestess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:00 AM   #19
CrimsonCatClan
Apprentice Genin

And they are picking out the top specimins in cornfields and back water farms across the world!
Old 08-13-2009, 01:10 AM   #20
Sabra Kusabana
Veteran Chunin

ROFLMAO! Yes those cornfield are important. They also only leave behind the reject specimens from those farms.

Tags
debate, interesting, life, random, reason