Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 08-06-2009, 04:50 AM   #21
itachiuchiha85
Jonin

itachiuchiha85 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Immortality

Quote:
Originally Posted by danboy View Post
yes but it's only special once or twice if you live 1000 years you'd have seen it 13 times not so special unless your with someone precious to you who'll eventually die and cause you pain
See this is a lose lose situation, you live forever you have pain, you life has an end and you feel pain too.
"**** him.Don't act towards stupidity" ninetaled
Raibu Clan
Leader.
Yuushi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Forum's bitchy person:TBC
naruto(lifeakadeath) relation jiraiya(iou)
have you gotten an award?! check

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

itachiuchiha85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:58 AM   #22
danboy
Veteran Chunin

danboy is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to danboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachiuchiha85 View Post
See this is a lose lose situation, you live forever you have pain, you life has an end and you feel pain too.
yes true but with immorality your pain will grow be treated as an outcast probably end a research experiment by many governments (future as you stated and present when they find out) regular life your suffering will end at some point
danboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:05 AM   #23
itachiuchiha85
Jonin

Quote:
yes true but with immorality your pain will grow be treated as an outcast probably end a research experiment by many governments (future as you stated and present when they find out) regular life your suffering will end at some point
But in the end we can mold ourselves to have no feelings. if people say (RIGHT NOW) that they dont have feelings or they only feel hate or feel good with hate, an immortal can easily surpass all this useless feelings and have none. Do you forget something when you havent felt it for a looooooong time? Lets say that you havent played CoD for 4 years, when you play it again, is it the same thing? do you feel the same towards the game and are you the same player? No you are not, so imagine extending the 4 years to infinity! feelings will become just words that we once felt but it has been so long so we really don't see the point in them anymore.
Raibu Clan
Leader.
Yuushi

Old 08-06-2009, 05:14 AM   #24
danboy
Veteran Chunin

Quote:
But in the end we can mold ourselves to have no feelings. if people say (RIGHT NOW) that they dont have feelings or they only feel hate or feel good with hate, an immortal can easily surpass all this useless feelings and have none. Do you forget something when you havent felt it for a looooooong time? Lets say that you havent played CoD for 4 years, when you play it again, is it the same thing? do you feel the same towards the game and are you the same player? No you are not, so imagine extending the 4 years to infinity! feelings will become just words that we once felt but it has been so long so we really don't see the point in them anymore.
yes but we want to be immoral to feel joy and keep feeling it that is life and it's experience without emotions what the point in living
think code geass all who made a contract wished death ( except V.V )
Old 08-06-2009, 05:43 AM   #25
Shkin
Veteran Chunin

Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

i think none of us really wanted death...even the suicidal ones somehow wanted to be saved...
yes we may have wanted immortality (little orochimarus inside all of us). the reasons may differ...
but since (at least for now) it is unachievable, i say why not make the most of our time in this world. you see in the end its not how long you've stayed...but how you lived your stay...
Shkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:50 AM   #26
itachiuchiha85
Jonin

Quote:
yes but we want to be immoral to feel joy and keep feeling it that is life and it's experience without emotions what the point in living
think code geass all who made a contract wished death ( except V.V )
No, the reason i would like to be immortal would be to learn things and see things. watch revolutions happen. cures invented. those things. And V.V. had the right idea. If i am gonna be immortal i might as well try to conquer the world.
Raibu Clan
Leader.
Yuushi

Old 08-06-2009, 06:50 AM   #27
itachiuchiha85
Jonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shkin View Post
i think none of us really wanted death...even the suicidal ones somehow wanted to be saved...
yes we may have wanted immortality (little orochimarus inside all of us). the reasons may differ...
but since (at least for now) it is unachievable, i say why not make the most of our time in this world. you see in the end its not how long you've stayed...but how you lived your stay...
point taken.
Raibu Clan
Leader.
Yuushi

Old 08-06-2009, 07:03 AM   #28
Shkin
Veteran Chunin

Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

thanks itachiuchiha85.
have you seen the green mile? i think its a tom hanks movie...its a bit off. it touches a little bit of living too long in this world...he watched as his loved ones die...and everything.
if one is immortal i think it would kill the essence of being human...you will be numb to pain...bored to see people making the same mistakes...different faces but same mistakes...see history repeating itself over and over...
that's tiring for me...
Old 08-06-2009, 07:11 AM   #29
itachiuchiha85
Jonin

Quote:
thanks itachiuchiha85.
have you seen the green mile? i think its a tom hanks movie...its a bit off. it touches a little bit of living too long in this world...he watched as his loved ones die...and everything.
if one is immortal i think it would kill the essence of being human...you will be numb to pain...bored to see people making the same mistakes...different faces but same mistakes...see history repeating itself over and over...
that's tiring for me...
That is immortality. You would become your own deity and maybe even someone's god. Not a bad thing. All the knowledge in the history. mmmmm yummy.
Raibu Clan
Leader.
Yuushi

Old 08-06-2009, 07:14 AM   #30
danboy
Veteran Chunin

Quote:
That is immortality. You would become your own deity and maybe even someone's god. Not a bad thing. All the knowledge in the history. mmmmm yummy.
great debate you won me over with conquering the world
Old 08-06-2009, 07:16 AM   #31
itachiuchiha85
Jonin

Quote:
great debate you won me over with conquering the world
good to know i can prove a point without really pushing or pulling too much

thanks for being mature about it.

this happened to me on the time debate xD.
Raibu Clan
Leader.
Yuushi

Old 08-06-2009, 07:18 AM   #32
ベーゼル
Chunin Exam Proctor

ベーゼル is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

It could be a better gather of resource for that immortal person, but this will never happen, if it ever does. Why would you want to be immortal, and you don't need to be around to give more information. All people are different and those immortal people could use that power for different reasons. I could probably see the a immortal person who would destroy earth if he got bullied and the like of that is surely to happen. Even if not there probably chances of the immortal person eager for power and become evil to the world. Plus after family, friend or mirage are dead. That could lead them to that idea. I could explain further more about this but you'll likely not understand if you haven't dealt with some of my experience of life.

- Life is always boring you always do repetitive things.
- Facts are being gather around everywhere, writing document about it for next generation. You don't need to be immortal to gather fact.
- It will be totally lonely you would probably end up going crazy.

Last edited by ベーゼル; 08-06-2009 at 07:28 AM.
ベーゼル is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:39 AM   #33
itachiuchiha85
Jonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ベーゼル View Post
It could be a better gather of resource for that immortal person, but this will never happen, if it ever does. Why would you want to be immortal, and you don't need to be around to give more information. All people are different and those immortal people could use that power for different reasons. I could probably see the a immortal person who would destroy earth if he got bullied and the like of that is surely to happen. Even if not there probably chances of the immortal person eager for power and become evil to the world. Plus after family, friend or mirage are dead. That could lead them to that idea. I could explain further more about this but you'll likely not understand if you haven't dealt with some of my experience of life.

- Life is always boring you always do repetitive things.
- Facts are being gather around everywhere, writing document about it for next generation. You don't need to be immortal to gather fact.
- It will be totally lonely you would probably end up going crazy.
I rather see history than read history. if i were to be immortal i would start recollecting everything from the past and put it in books. then i would start recollecting what is happening and put it in books. and so on and so on. I would not have super powers like super strength so i cannot force people to do what i want, i can only influence them. And i am pretty sure people have had worse experiences than you have had and they are not evil.

When you learn to live with yourself there is no way that you can be lonely.
Raibu Clan
Leader.
Yuushi

Old 08-06-2009, 07:39 AM   #34
Shkin
Veteran Chunin

i think its like this...
say you just graduated from law school. you have in you that drive to prove your worth, defender of justice something...give it a year or two and you will be drowned in the systems injustice...you'll see all the evil things...at first you try to go against it...but then all attempts would be futile, too big for you to conquer. then you just go with the flow...bored with life. or maybe you did won some cases and had justice prevail...then what?
its the same with immortality...conquer! gather all the knowledge you want...after achieving your goals what's next? i guess by then you will be too bored to do anything...
Old 08-06-2009, 07:42 AM   #35
itachiuchiha85
Jonin

Quote:
i think its like this...
say you just graduated from law school. you have in you that drive to prove your worth, defender of justice something...give it a year or two and you will be drowned in the systems injustice...you'll see all the evil things...at first you try to go against it...but then all attempts would be futile, too big for you to conquer. then you just go with the flow...bored with life. or maybe you did won some cases and had justice prevail...then what?
its the same with immortality...conquer! gather all the knowledge you want...after achieving your goals what's next? i guess by then you will be too bored to do anything...
after i am done with gathering every single piece of information i would start gathering the next piece of info. as long as there is life in this planet, there is no way that you have gathered all of the information that you (I) would want. even if the earth explodes and i am just floating in space i would still be able to gather information about all of the stuff that is happening around, actually witness the BIG BANG! and see a new race form on another planet. maybe they would call me god
Raibu Clan
Leader.
Yuushi

Old 08-06-2009, 07:46 AM   #36
Shkin
Veteran Chunin

Quote:
I rather see history than read history. if i were to be immortal i would start recollecting everything from the past and put it in books. then i would start recollecting what is happening and put it in books. and so on and so on. I would not have super powers like super strength so i cannot force people to do what i want, i can only influence them. And i am pretty sure people have had worse experiences than you have had and they are not evil.

its like trying to deprive the other people the joy of life...it would be like living their life for them. don't you think these mortal people should have the chance figuring things out themselves...if you will always be there tryin' to say this is good that is bad...might as well take everybody's brain away from them...they will have no use for it.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:52 AM   #37
Shkin
Veteran Chunin

Quote:
after i am done with gathering every single piece of information i would start gathering the next piece of info. as long as there is life in this planet, there is no way that you have gathered all of the information that you (I) would want. even if the earth explodes and i am just floating in space i would still be able to gather information about all of the stuff that is happening around, actually witness the BIG BANG! and see a new race form on another planet. maybe they would call me god
what i was tryin to say awhile ago...at first immortality might be really interesting...but after two lifetimes or so...i think it will be really boring...
i like the part though of being god or something...haha
Old 08-06-2009, 07:53 AM   #38
itachiuchiha85
Jonin

Quote:
its like trying to deprive the other people the joy of life...it would be like living their life for them. don't you think these mortal people should have the chance figuring things out themselves...if you will always be there tryin' to say this is good that is bad...might as well take everybody's brain away from them...they will have no use for it.
But wait there is religion and they do that. why cant i? and i would tell them how to live, maybe even write it down like a "bible" and just hand it to them and then fade into the shadows and watch as i record everything. The more i think about it the more i realize that being immortal is like being god.
Raibu Clan
Leader.
Yuushi

Old 08-06-2009, 07:54 AM   #39
itachiuchiha85
Jonin

Quote:
what i was tryin to say awhile ago...at first immortality might be really interesting...but after two lifetimes or so...i think it will be really boring...
i like the part though of being god or something...haha
read my other post, i wrote it before i read this. haha.
Raibu Clan
Leader.
Yuushi

Old 08-06-2009, 07:57 AM   #40
ベーゼル
Chunin Exam Proctor

ベーゼル is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:

Gather information by yourself is smart but I can't see that happen to a immortal person once something happen in his childhood life things change and not everyone is hard working, he/she could be born to be immortal but just a waste of sperm in life. You could total force people to do what you want. You can't die, even if you suck at fighting you will not die. You'll end up killing them no matter what. When I literally met by power. Don't you see, people are to eager for power, control, reasouces they need. we can never have peace too.
Here my belief information about it. Go here
http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showthre...176#post799176
ベーゼル is offline   Reply With Quote